Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not seeing where the officer being hispanic has anything to do with it. Please fill me in OP.
View Quote

Cop looked Caucasian and name sounded the same. He might have been a white boy raised in a heavily hispanic area. I know white boys that went the same 50/50 (white/black) school i attended. They sound black.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I didn’t even know about this one.  Absolutely awful
View Quote

Yes, it was. Sickening.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
why do cops patrol alone?... that is bullshit
View Quote

Most departmental have the offices or need for 2 man cars...

Edited for wronh word...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Why are there 10,000 likes on that video?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounded like a solid dude.

RIP, Officer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]

POS
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
A screenshot shows 39-year-old Omar Cueva pointing an AR-15 rifle at Officer Jarrott on I-10, just east of Deming in early February.
View Quote

Then Cueva ran toward the front of the truck and shot Officer Jarrot point-blank in the back of the head.
View Quote

You can then see homeland security officers rush in within a minute to help Officer Jarrott. The officers notified New Mexico State Police that an officer was down.
View Quote

New Mexico State Police say Officer Darian Jarrott was said to have been working with federal agents from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) when he was shot by Cueva.
View Quote

According to federal court documents, in October 2002, Cueva was accused of “knowingly and intentionally” importing approximately 37 pounds of cocaine into the United States. Case records indicated Cueva pleaded guilty in the case and was sentenced to prison time and supervised release.
View Quote

Court records show Cueva was charged in federal court again in October 2010. Cueva and two other men were accused of knowingly and intentionally possessing several pounds of meth “with intent to distribute” the drug. Court records show Cueva pleaded guilty in the case, earning a sentence of 10-years in prison in August 2011.
View Quote

According to the Bureau of Prisons website, Cueva was released from federal custody in August 2019. State Police said Thursday night they believe Cueva lived in the Deming-area and was driving to Las Cruces Thursday with the intention of either buying or selling drugs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeesh... that Youtube thumbnail tells me all I need to know.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Straight up execution. I hope the shooter died slow during that shootout.

Thoughts to the officer's family...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What does being Hispanic have to do with anything? You think that dude would have let a white cop live?
View Quote

Is it possible to be white and Hispanic?

Also, everyone in the Rio Grande corridor from Saguache, CO to Brownsville, Texas has that accent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeesh... that Youtube thumbnail tells me all I need to know.
View Quote

Yep. I don't need to watch that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A screenshot shows 39-year-old Omar Cueva pointing an AR-15 rifle at Officer Jarrott on I-10, just east of Deming in early February.

Then Cueva ran toward the front of the truck and shot Officer Jarrot point-blank in the back of the head.

You can then see homeland security officers rush in within a minute to help Officer Jarrott. The officers notified New Mexico State Police that an officer was down.

New Mexico State Police say Officer Darian Jarrott was said to have been working with federal agents from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) when he was shot by Cueva.

According to federal court documents, in October 2002, Cueva was accused of “knowingly and intentionally” importing approximately 37 pounds of cocaine into the United States. Case records indicated Cueva pleaded guilty in the case and was sentenced to prison time and supervised release.

Court records show Cueva was charged in federal court again in October 2010. Cueva and two other men were accused of knowingly and intentionally possessing several pounds of meth “with intent to distribute” the drug. Court records show Cueva pleaded guilty in the case, earning a sentence of 10-years in prison in August 2011.

According to the Bureau of Prisons website, Cueva was released from federal custody in August 2019. State Police said Thursday night they believe Cueva lived in the Deming-area and was driving to Las Cruces Thursday with the intention of either buying or selling drugs.

The officers family should be suing the justice system for not doing their job to keep this guy off the streets.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hope it hurt like hell when the police shot that POS! That son of a bitch will rot in hell for all eternity.
View Quote

Yep. Hope he felt it for a while before he died. Would love to COC the mfr in the face repeatedly
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
. Back in the day if we used the locals" to do a stop we were right there backing them up.   The uniformed officers were there so there would be no question that we were cops.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pieces of shit just passing by. That would be an easy solution with 7000 lbs of truck.

Fuck that pos.
View Quote

Whenever I come up on a stop and I’m alone in the truck I prepare to take out someone if need be.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m sure Joe flew the flag at half mast right? He did it for hookers but I doubt he mentioned this officer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember the second video got posted here a while back, so this is what led up to that, damn.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
On a side note killed over fucking window tint.  Couldn't possibly be any dumber reason to pull someone over... and this time cost the poor cop his life.  

Did he kill the second cop as well after he was spun out?  Looked like he was taking rounds
View Quote

I bet the Tint was a the fishing in connection to the Feds/State agency running the OPs.

if you notice there was a Officer driving past at the same time the Feds were arriving with the medic bag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Saw this in the comments.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
That was a motivated suspect who seemed to have some training.

He was exiting his truck 10 feet before the pit maneuver was finished. Then when his pistol jammed he took cover, got his weapon back into battery, and continued the attack.

A guy like that is why LEO's, actually all people, should take their training seriously.

When the day comes will you be ready? Someone out there is training to be able to kill you faster than you can kill them. Train as hard as you can.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not watching that
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Poor guy gave his life because shitty tactics and drugs that are legal in other places. Gov never cares about sending good men to die for bullshit. They'll send his wife and kids a flag and a letter written by some desk jockey, then go snort coke in their taxpayer funded mansion. RIP Officer. You deserved better.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#27]
The officer shouldn't have been put in that situation.

If they told him to make the stop before they were there, they hold responsibility for his death.

This sounds like a guy they knew was extremely dangerous.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
On a side note killed over fucking window tint.  Couldn't possibly be any dumber reason to pull someone over.
View Quote

I have an aunt and 2 cousins who were killed by a drunk driver on their way to the grocery store to get a gallon of milk.

Or as you would say it, "Killed over fucking milk! Couldn't possibly be any dumber reason to choose to die!"

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Caught with 37 pounds of coke and he was out less than 8 years later.

JFC!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like a concealable assault weapon to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Just more ammo for the “pIsToL bRaCe” grabbing asshats...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Don't think I am gonna watch an officer get murdered. The video where the scumbag got his lead desert I watched that
View Quote

Link to smoked bad guy video?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#33]

If true that is fucking bullshit
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck.  I know there’s a bunch of MMQBing going on here.  And for good reason.  I’d wager that HSI needed a uniform to make the stop and were close behind.  Then either they got hung up at a stop light or the shitbag noticed a marked ride behind him and self initiated the stop.  Shit - I hope this isn’t the case but the officer may not have had the full story.

RIP Officer Jarrott
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#35]
That last minute standoff was intense
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't think I am gonna watch an officer get murdered. The video where the scumbag got his lead desert I watched that

At the end of the video in OP
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That wasn't the actual reason for the stop, that was just his probable cause to pull him over. Dude should of waited for his backup. They were only 4 minutes out.
View Quote

Super heavy tint and temp tags?   Good reason for a stop.  Once the guy claimed he didn't have his DL on him his chance of having a warrant or suspended license go up to roughly 100%
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the officer asked the suspect to accompany him back to his car.

I was taught let them stay there (unless it's a felony car stop).  You are responsible for their safety if a motorist whacks them while they are outside of their vehicle.

RIP officer and I'm glad your comrades helped your killer into the afterlife.
View Quote

Based on an HSI team being right there, he was a known drug or human trafficker.  Normally they try and drive off, not shoot it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
On a side note killed over fucking window tint.  Couldn't possibly be any dumber reason to pull someone over... and this time cost the poor cop his life.  

Did he kill the second cop as well after he was spun out?  Looked like he was taking rounds
View Quote

Pretext stop.  They wanted that dude for another reason and needed RS to initiate the stop.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Super heavy tint and temp tags?   Good reason for a stop.  Once the guy claimed he didn't have his DL on him his chance of having a warrant or suspended license go up to roughly 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasn't the actual reason for the stop, that was just his probable cause to pull him over. Dude should of waited for his backup. They were only 4 minutes out.

Right, the feds knew who he was and was under surveillance.
He didn't get pulled over for tint and temp tags. He got pulled over for being a drug running, narco shit bag who has been smuggling pounds upon pounds of cocaine and meth.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He didn't get pulled over for tint and temp tags. He got pulled over for being a drug running, narco shit bag who has been smuggling pounds upon pounds of cocaine and meth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which sounds worse to me.  Letting a guy roll up alone to something you know is a felony stop is kinda bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have a very smaller minded view of the world.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why are there 10,000 likes on that video?
View Quote

BLM and antifa brainwashing?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Violent drug runners still follow gun laws? Wow
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#45]
nvm
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pretext stop.  They wanted that dude for another reason and needed RS to initiate the stop.
View Quote

Why did he keep asking them to get out of the truck and go back to his car? I mean, if that were the case why not just get whatever BS info they gave him and act like he was checking in his car until the rest showed up?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#47]
OP,
They're both of Hispanic heritage. The officer has a typical NM accent and was a US citizen from birth. He was born in Silver City NM and was raised in Lordsburg NM.
From the video link.

Luna County, New Mexico — On February 4, 2021, New Mexico State Police Officer Darian Jarrott initiated a traffic stop on a white Chevrolet pickup on Interstate 10 eastbound, near mile marker 102 east of Deming, New Mexico. During the traffic stop, Officer Jarrott asked the driver, identified as Omar Felix Cueva, 39, of Deming to exit the vehicle. Cueva exited the driver’s side holding an AR-15-style rifle and fired at least one shot at Officer Jarrott as he was walking to the rear of the vehicle. Officer Jarrott ducked and fell onto his back as Cueva ran around the back of the pickup toward Officer Jarrott. Cueva fired several more rounds at Officer Jarrott who was struck by gunfire and killed.
View Quote

Interesting story on the officer's brother.

Trooper Darian Jarret Obituary
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can't see shit captain

Eta...how did the cop not notice an ar?!
View Quote

He saw it on the longer video at 3:19.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#49]
The shooter

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Luna County, New Mexico — On February 4, 2021, New Mexico State Police Officer Darian Jarrott initiated a traffic stop on a white Chevrolet pickup on Interstate 10 eastbound, near mile marker 102 east of Deming, New Mexico. During the traffic stop, Officer Jarrott asked the driver, identified as Omar Felix Cueva, 39, of Deming to exit the vehicle. Cueva exited the driver’s side holding an AR-15-style rifle and fired at least one shot at Officer Jarrott as he was walking to the rear of the vehicle. Officer Jarrott ducked and fell onto his back as Cueva ran around the back of the pickup toward Officer Jarrott. Cueva fired several more rounds at Officer Jarrott who was struck by gunfire and killed.

As Cueva ran toward the front of the truck on the passenger’s side, he shot Officer Jarrott point-blank in the back of the head. A Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agent arrived on scene and notified New Mexico State Police dispatch that an officer was down. A broadcast was put out to state and local law enforcement agencies. New Mexico State Police Officers Lionel Palomares and Sonny Montes located Cueva traveling east on Interstate 10 near mile marker 116. Cueva pulled over and fired at Officers Palomares and Montes. The officers returned fire at Cueva who continued to evade officers, traveling east on Interstate 10.

As Cueva fled eastbound on Interstate 10, law enforcement officers from the Las Cruces Police Department (LCPD), the Dona Ana County Sheriff’s Office (DASO), and U.S. Border Patrol (USBP) assisted New Mexico State Police with the pursuit. Near the Picacho exit on Interstate 10, (near mile marker 135), NMSP officers successfully utilized tire deflation devices on Cueva’s pickup. Cueva continued to flee east on Interstate 10. Various law enforcement officers engaged Cueva in gunfire as he fled. DASO Deputy Jerod Huston fired rounds from his department issued rifle near the mile marker 136. DASO Deputy John Signore fired at Cueva near the mile marker 138 eastbound. Near mile marker 139, USBP Agent Oscar Delgado fired one round at Cueva as he passed. LCPD Officer Adrian De La Garza then utilized a Pursuit Intervention Technique (PIT) maneuver near mile marker 140.

Prior to the pickup coming to a stop, Cueva exited the pickup armed with a firearm and shot multiple rounds towards the officers and deputies. LCPD Officer Adrian De La Garza and DASO Deputies Diego Herrera and Obed Marte returned fire towards Cueva, who was struck several times by gunfire. Officer De La Garza was struck by gunfire and was airlifted to a trauma hospital in Texas where he was treated and released for non-life-threatening injuries. Officers rendered aid to Cueva until emergency medical personnel arrived on scene. Cueva sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased on scene by the Office of Medical Investigator. This investigation is active and being led by the New Mexico State Police Investigations Bureau.

Officer Darian Jarrott began his career as a Transportation Inspector with NMDPS. He was certified as a law enforcement officer in December of 2014 and worked with the former Motor Transportation Division of NMDPS. In July of 2015, he was sworn in as a New Mexico State Police officer where he bravely served until the day of the shooting. Officer Jarrott leaves behind 3 small children and was expecting his fourth child this year. Officer Darian Jarrott was laid to rest on Friday, February 12, 2021 at Shakespeare Cemetery in Lordsburg during a private burial.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top