Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New Mexican?  WTF is that?  Like the Jalisco New Generation Cartel?  Or do you mean a New Mexico cop?  Because they aren't the same thing.
View Quote

Oh good. We have a lesson teacher.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
why do cops patrol alone?... that is bullshit
View Quote

Its a recipe for disaster.  My dad was a OK state trooper and patrolled an entire county in SW OK in the 70's, 80's and 90's by himself.  On weekends or after hours he could be 30-45 minutes from any type of help.
He had numerous close calls and was not hesitant to use his blackjack or hickory shampoo dispenser.  

RIP to the officer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why are there 10,000 likes on that video?
View Quote

No worries YT will get right on deleting them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
There was another incident the day prior, 3Feb21. I wonder if they were connected.
https://kvia.com/news/crime/2021/02/03/suspect-in-deming-active-shooter-incident-is-killed-by-police/

Suspect in Deming active shooter incident is killed by police
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On a side note killed over fucking window tint.  Couldn't possibly be any dumber reason to pull someone over... and this time cost the poor cop his life.  

Did he kill the second cop as well after he was spun out?  Looked like he was taking rounds
View Quote

If you think the reason he chose to stop that vehicle was for window tint you need to think a little harder.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Everyone gets proned out on the hot pavement if i was working out there alone.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't even watch the video. Jesus Christ
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The officers family should be suing the justice system for not doing their job to keep this guy off the streets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A screenshot shows 39-year-old Omar Cueva pointing an AR-15 rifle at Officer Jarrott on I-10, just east of Deming in early February.

Then Cueva ran toward the front of the truck and shot Officer Jarrot point-blank in the back of the head.

You can then see homeland security officers rush in within a minute to help Officer Jarrott. The officers notified New Mexico State Police that an officer was down.

New Mexico State Police say Officer Darian Jarrott was said to have been working with federal agents from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) when he was shot by Cueva.

According to federal court documents, in October 2002, Cueva was accused of “knowingly and intentionally” importing approximately 37 pounds of cocaine into the United States. Case records indicated Cueva pleaded guilty in the case and was sentenced to prison time and supervised release.

Court records show Cueva was charged in federal court again in October 2010. Cueva and two other men were accused of knowingly and intentionally possessing several pounds of meth “with intent to distribute” the drug. Court records show Cueva pleaded guilty in the case, earning a sentence of 10-years in prison in August 2011.

According to the Bureau of Prisons website, Cueva was released from federal custody in August 2019. State Police said Thursday night they believe Cueva lived in the Deming-area and was driving to Las Cruces Thursday with the intention of either buying or selling drugs.

The officers family should be suing the justice system for not doing their job to keep this guy off the streets.

Yep
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meanwhile tiger king is in prison for just a threat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I will buy membership on Friday then!  

What amazes me is the officer knew he was armed but was like "this man isn't going to shoot me".  So sad. He had 3 kids.
View Quote

You don't need a membership to embed videos.
Dashcam Footage From Fatal Shooting of Officer Darian Jarrott
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Super heavy tint and temp tags?   Good reason for a stop.  Once the guy claimed he didn't have his DL on him his chance of having a warrant or suspended license go up to roughly 100%
View Quote

There are way more temp tags driving around than there should be. Shit, saw one flapping up the other day with an actual license plate underneath it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its a recipe for disaster.  My dad was a OK state trooper and patrolled an entire county in SW OK in the 70's, 80's and 90's by himself.  On weekends or after hours he could be 30-45 minutes from any type of help.
He had numerous close calls and was not hesitant to use his blackjack or hickory shampoo dispenser.  

RIP to the officer.
View Quote

yeah..
OHP Troopers are alone and take no mess. they will brute force your ass in a heartbeat, or shoot you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#13]
That criminal was salty. He was like a John Wick hoping out of his vehicle before a complete stop and launching his immediate attack. Dude had to be prior service...or just really motivated.

God damn
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Omar Felix Cueva, the criminal, was just really motivated. He died at 39 and spent the last 20 years in and out of prison. Here's a partial criminal history on him.
Local News article on POS

NMSP told KTSM Cueva had an extensive drug history in California:

06/1994 Vandalism
   06/2000 Possession of a controlled substance
   09/2001 Possession of Controlled substance
   10/2002 Importation of a controlled substance
   4/2004 Importation of Cocaine
   8/2006 Fictitious Check, False check, Burglary
   3/2007 Probation Violation
   3/2008 Import of a controlled substance
   9/2010 Possession with intent of Crystal Meth or ICE

KTSM’s sister station KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque has uncovered multiple federal court records showing 39-year-old Omar Felix Cueva pleaded guilty to charges in drug cases in 2002 and 2010.
Cueva’s criminal history happened mainly in California. New Mexico State Police provided a mugshot of Cueva indicating he was arrested by the San Bernadino County Sheriff’s Office at some point in 2008.
According to the Bureau of Prisons website, Cueva was released from federal custody in August 2019. State Police said Thursday night they believe Cueva lived in the Deming-area and was driving to Las Cruces Thursday with the intention of either buying or selling drugs.
View Quote

ETA
He wasn't going back.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On a side note killed over fucking window tint.  Couldn't possibly be any dumber reason to pull someone over... and this time cost the poor cop his life.  

Did he kill the second cop as well after he was spun out?  Looked like he was taking rounds
View Quote

You really think that was over window tint?

Just coincidence two tac'd out HSI guys ran up to him 20 seconds after he was shot? Window tint was the PC for the stop but there is likely a lot more to the story. The guy was wanted for something semi-serious.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Dammit

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If he was any race but white or any ethnicity but Hispanic, maybe a darker type skin tone per se, the media would be all over it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does being Hispanic have to do with anything? You think that dude would have let a white cop live?

If he was any race but white or any ethnicity but Hispanic, maybe a darker type skin tone per se, the media would be all over it.

Try being American Indian. Tune in to NBC for details.

NoBody Cares. NBC.

But, ok.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What amazes me is the officer knew he was armed but was like "this man isn't going to shoot me".  So sad. He had 3 kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a membership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6bsr61vrw

That guy was hinky as hell.  And that officer was complacent.   His behavior would have had me proning the dude out once I saw the gun.   But the left's demonization of officer's doing cop stuff kills another one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A screenshot shows 39-year-old Omar Cueva pointing an AR-15 rifle at Officer Jarrott on I-10, just east of Deming in early February.

Then Cueva ran toward the front of the truck and shot Officer Jarrot point-blank in the back of the head.

You can then see homeland security officers rush in within a minute to help Officer Jarrott. The officers notified New Mexico State Police that an officer was down.

New Mexico State Police say Officer Darian Jarrott was said to have been working with federal agents from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) when he was shot by Cueva.

According to federal court documents, in October 2002, Cueva was accused of “knowingly and intentionally” importing approximately 37 pounds of cocaine into the United States. Case records indicated Cueva pleaded guilty in the case and was sentenced to prison time and supervised release.

Court records show Cueva was charged in federal court again in October 2010. Cueva and two other men were accused of knowingly and intentionally possessing several pounds of meth “with intent to distribute” the drug. Court records show Cueva pleaded guilty in the case, earning a sentence of 10-years in prison in August 2011.

Trust the legal process.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the officer asked the suspect to accompany him back to his car.

I was taught let them stay there (unless it's a felony car stop).  You are responsible for their safety if a motorist whacks them while they are outside of their vehicle.

RIP officer and I'm glad your comrades helped your killer into the afterlife.
View Quote

Lots of Highway Patrols do that.   Their reasoning is you take the guy out of his environment and away from anything there.

Big argument between HP and City cops over that in OK over the years.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like the Feds knew the guy was dangerous and they sent that cop to his death.

It would be wise for state/local cops to exercise a lot more caution when hanging around the feds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#22]
So that was the rest of the story from a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:34:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry..?

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

yeah..
OHP Troopers are alone and take no mess. they will brute force your ass in a heartbeat, or shoot you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP to the officer.

yeah..

Cherokee Nation Marshall Service will be quicker than that.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That guy was hinky as hell.  And that officer was complacent.   His behavior would have had me proning the dude out once I saw the gun.   But the left's demonization of officer's doing cop stuff kills another one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a membership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6bsr61vrw

Yes. Too many people are afraid to admit that.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You really think that was over window tint?

Just coincidence two tac'd out HSI guys ran up to him 20 seconds after he was shot? Window tint was the PC for the stop but there is likely a lot more to the story. The guy was wanted for something semi-serious.
View Quote

Bingo. This was poorly executed. Poor trooper should have had backup on initial contact.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

NoBody Cares. NBC.

But, ok.

View Quote

You Comanche? Lord of the plains?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

NoBody Cares. NBC.

But, ok.

I named my son "Quanah" but we are a different nation. See my profile.

You?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are lots of places in the US where the state troopers are the only response. You'd be surprised how many small towns can't afford police coverage. I used to live a small Pa town where the emergency call went to State; and if the trooper was on the other side of the county, it could take an hour.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There are lots of places in the US where the state troopers are the only response. You'd be surprised how many small towns can't afford police coverage. I used to live a small Pa town where the emergency call went to State; and if the trooper was on the other side of the county, it could take an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may have quoted the wrong person. I know that.

Good point, though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#31]
I grieve for the fallen officer that was pulled from his kids’ lives. Damn.

Cartels need to be made extinct.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Where am I gonna fit my partners gear?  Not like I’m in a Tahoe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budget. No money in this anymore. But to be honest, "partners" are mostly a creation of Hollywood.

Where am I gonna fit my partners gear?  Not like I’m in a Tahoe.

Never mind the gear, where do I put the partner? There's a keyboard and all my shit on the passenger seat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not a cop. If I had to guess, I bet the trooper thought he could deescalate the arrest by presenting it as a ticket. He was wrong. Lots of times, we see officers that have never dealt with a committed aggressive felon make huge mistakes.  I wonder if he had any experience with real violence prior to that day.

Last time I was pulled over by NMSP (2018 IIRC), the officer never took his eyes off of me. He even walked backward to his vehicle. He only took his hand off of his firearm when writing the ticket.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I grieve for the fallen officer that was pulled from his kids’ lives. Damn.

Cartels need to be made extinct.
View Quote

The war on drugs made the cartels in the same way that prohibition made the mafia what it was. Legalize it all and leave the weak willed to their fates.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good point, though.
View Quote

I just thought you were surprised by the response time from the emoji.
OOPS
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I am not a cop. If I had to guess, I bet the trooper thought he could deescalate the arrest by presenting it as a ticket. He was wrong. Lots of times, we see officers that have never dealt with a committed aggressive felon make huge mistakes.  I wonder if he had any experience with real violence prior to that day.

Last time I was pulled over by NMSP (2018 IIRC), the officer never took his eyes off of me. He even walked backward to his vehicle. He only took his hand off of his firearm when writing the ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO, it was a training failure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:01:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

OOPS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, though.

OOPS

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It could be. Albuquerque PD is still under DOJ oversight and that has caused a lot of changes for the worse there. It could have easily spilled over to the state.

Year 7 of DOJ Oversight Article

The Department of Justice has a lot to do with how the Albuquerque Police Department operates.

In 2014, it sued the City of Albuquerque after 20-people were killed by city police officers over a four-year period ending in 2012.
Advertisement

A court-ordered settlement agreement was reached and finalized in 2015 after a federal investigation found APD has a “pattern or practice of use of excessive force.”

Part of the agreement was for the city to hire an independent monitor to make sure APD implemented more than 300 policy and operational changes to the department. The city initially agreed to pay Public Management Resources $4.5 for four years.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It could be. Albuquerque PD is still under DOJ oversight and that has caused a lot of changes for the worse there. It could have easily spilled over to the state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Department of Justice has a lot to do with how the Albuquerque Police Department operates.

In 2014, it sued the City of Albuquerque after 20-people were killed by city police officers over a four-year period ending in 2012.
Advertisement

A court-ordered settlement agreement was reached and finalized in 2015 after a federal investigation found APD has a “pattern or practice of use of excessive force.”

Part of the agreement was for the city to hire an independent monitor to make sure APD implemented more than 300 policy and operational changes to the department. The city initially agreed to pay Public Management Resources $4.5 for four years.

Well..
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Advertisement

A court-ordered settlement agreement was reached and finalized in 2015 after a federal investigation found APD has a "pattern or practice of use of excessive force."

From a purely critique standpoint.  That officer had no command presence and was way too easy going, especially after seeing the firearm.  You DO NOT let the gun out of your sight once you see it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

From a purely critique standpoint.  That officer had no command presence and was way too easy going, especially after seeing the firearm.  You DO NOT let the gun out of your sight once you see it.
View Quote

I agree the officer did not seem very assertive. However the bad guy was determined to go hot no matter who the officer was.

RIP and condolences to the officer's family.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Given the plain clothes guys ran up with a medic bag, I bet the officer was performing the stop for the feds on a drug trafficking suspect. He probably had a load of dope in the truck, or he was a felon in possession of that firearm, and he decided he wasn't going back to prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen the second half where they smoke the asshole.  Sad for the officer.  He was being really polite and professional during the interaction. Wonder if the scumbag was cartel?

Given the plain clothes guys ran up with a medic bag, I bet the officer was performing the stop for the feds on a drug trafficking suspect. He probably had a load of dope in the truck, or he was a felon in possession of that firearm, and he decided he wasn't going back to prison.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:37:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Suspect in NMSP officer's death served time for prior federal drug charges
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#45]
ANYBODY NOTICE...4:17 INTO THE VID? A cop car drove right past on the left as he layed dying!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I agree the officer did not seem very assertive. However the bad guy was determined to go hot no matter who the officer was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot make that assumption.   Interviews with bad guys show that an officer's assertiveness and command presence and even how squared away his uniform is will affect how a bad guy, even a really bad guy will react to an officer's commands.

It might have gone down anyway, but it was just bad patrol tactics to let him get out of the truck with that rifle the way he did and then lose complete sight of him walking back to the car.   The officer gave him the opening he needed to get the drop on the officer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ANYBODY NOTICE...4:17 INTO THE VID? A cop car drove right past on the left as he layed dying!
View Quote

There were multiple units following.  The chase car knew others were stopping to assist the downed officer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Advertisement

Well..

I left right when all that bullshit started. It’s gotten worse since then.

There’s a lot of people in Albuquerque who just need killin’.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:54:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

People like yourself are better off never leaving the herd.

There’s more going on at that traffic stop than you know.  Thats far from a traffic stop over “window tint”.

I’ll entertain your “couldn't possibly dumber reason to pull someone over” comment.

That “window tint” stop located an APEX PREDATOR that Predator had been planning to react that way most of his life and he wont be able to do predator things anymore.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Not watching that. Just absolutely terrible. Prayers up for his family and friends. Glad the scumbag got what he deserved.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top