Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wondered why you had over 2k+ more posts than I did after joining 2 years later but now I get, you just vomit tough guy words
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Srsly, tho, I don't see peanuts at our local TX Roadhouse.
View Quote

Cause Covid killed the peanut bro
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]
anaphylactic shock or diabetes.

Pick your poison
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It’s not bad for a chain steakhouse.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The one here has a sign on the door warning about peanuts.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the peanuts went away because of the Chinese virus.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I was raised on spam, balogna, and broken promises.
I like them just fine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But they had a stuffed armadillo. There aren't 'dillos in Utah so where could Texas Roadhouse possibly be from but Texas?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They aren’t even from Texas.

But they had a stuffed armadillo. There aren't 'dillos in Utah so where could Texas Roadhouse possibly be from but Texas?!

I was spoiled in Los Colinas many many years ago at Humperdinks, they made the best damn armadillo eggs.  For years, I ordered them elsewhere and was sooo disappointed.   Cream cheese?  No,  previously frozen half slices of Jalapeno,, NO,,, Humperdinks, man I loved that place - -right up the street from the old Irving stadium,, Troy & Emmitt even showed up most nights.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The peanuts?

All those peanuts, with all the deadly peanut allergies?

(imported question from the cheddar cheese isn't egg yolks thread)
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone who complains is paid off with extra rolls and cinnamon butter. It's very effective
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I went to one a couple weeks ago. We didn't wear masks and didn't get hassled.

There were no  peanuts.

The cinnamon butter rolls were awesome, so was the bacon cheese burger and fries covered with bacon and cheese.
View Quote

Answer to earlier post asking if it was the peanuts that made everyone there fat. I could feel my arteries clogging just reading that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Texas roadhouse is for fat rednecks with bellies hanging to their knees talking about "I'm ready for when shtf" It's shit food with shit service.  The only positive is their bread and that butter they serve with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

they might be from Texas.

I know they grow peanuts in and around Clovis and Portales NM and that is right next to Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The peanuts

they might be from Texas.

I know they grow peanuts in and around Clovis and Portales NM and that is right next to Texas.

Which states grow the most peanuts?
In 2019, Georgia at nearly 50% grows the largest proportion of all peanuts, followed by Florida at 11%, Alabama at 10%, Texas at 9%, North Carolina at 8% and South Carolina at 4%.

Also, Texas is the only state in the nation that grows all four peanut varieties: Runner, Valencia, Spanish and Virginia.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Last two places I've lived, including here, one opened up within a 10 minute's drive while I was there. Those damned restaurants are following me, i guess they are expanding quite a bit. They aren't bad for standard meat and potatoes fare, but the crowds they draw are inexplicable to me. I haven't seen the peanuts thing done in a lone while, though.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When one opened near me I went. It was loud and messy with peanut shells fucking everywhere. That was years ago and I still refuse to go back.
View Quote

The peanut shells were fucking!?
:O
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When one opened near me I went. It was loud and messy with peanut shells fucking everywhere. That was years ago and I still refuse to go back.

Peanut orgy!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone who complains is paid off with extra rolls and cinnamon butter. It's very effective
View Quote

This again comes to mind

Talladega Nights The Ballad of Ricky Bobby 7 8 Dinner at Applebee's 2006 HD YouTube
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
COVID took the peanuts.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am more amazed that they get away with turning a profit selling the same Sysco pre-packaged steak as everyone else.

There is one near me, we went when it first opened. Had to wait like 90 minutes for a table.
Was not worth the wait, left totally underwhelmed.

View Quote

I love Texas Roadhouse. Great loud atmosphere. All the food has been great each time. Their window display of steaks is.  Great idea.
Yeh I know the steaks should be cut from a living cow that had its carcass just stripped off it right in the middle of the fucking bar so it’s super fresh. But fuck it that would probably be 60.00 a pound per steak.

I can’t believe that they’re getting or might be using pre packaged steaks and selling them for a reasonable price to be competitive and stay in business.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I love Texas Roadhouse. Great loud atmosphere. All the food has been great each time. Their window display of steaks is.  Great idea.
Yeh I know the steaks should be cut from a living cow that had its carcass just stripped off it right in the middle of the fucking bar so it’s super fresh. But fuck it that would probably be 60.00 a pound per steak.

I can’t believe that they’re getting or might be using pre packaged steaks and selling them for a reasonable price to be competitive and stay in business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am more amazed that they get away with turning a profit selling the same Sysco pre-packaged steak as everyone else.

There is one near me, we went when it first opened. Had to wait like 90 minutes for a table.
Was not worth the wait, left totally underwhelmed.

Nobody complains about some cook at home by going, "not sure why anyone raves about his food, he just uses that same Kroger meats as everyone else.

But for some reason, if it's a company that focuses on b2b instead of retail, this suddenly is supposed to make sense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is about the reaction I’d expect from someone from Massachusetts
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Texas Roadhouse was my introduction to salmonella.

Never again
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#24]
The Texas Roadhouse by me is pretty mediocre, but so are most restaurants because finding good help is hard these days between heroin and unemployment checks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#25]
If people are allergic or think they are stay the hell outta there then.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The peanuts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They aren't even from Texas.
Who?

The peanuts

Kentucky
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I like texas roadhouse; pretty solid for the prices.

To the poster saying they sell sysco crap:
Idk if that's true. My wife worked at one for years. They make the cheese balls themselves. She knows the recipe lol.

Speed
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Because peanuts are a legume and not actually a nut.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They aren’t even from Texas.
View Quote

Shocked I am . Shocked I say.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Idk if that's true. My wife worked at one for years. They make the cheese balls themselves. She knows the recipe lol.

Speed
View Quote

Where do they buy the cheese?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Srsly, tho, I don't see peanuts at our local TX Roadhouse.

Ah, they did open in 2020...
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Texas roadhouse is for fat rednecks with bellies hanging to their knees talking about "I'm ready for when shtf" It's shit food with shit service.  The only positive is their bread and that butter they serve with it.
View Quote

Holy shitsnacks, what a stupid fucking comment!!!  I mean, this statement borders on some kind of Rain Man level of brilliantly retarded assfuckery!  I am simultaneously in awe and disgusted at the level of mindnumbing stupidity and tardation contained in your fucktard shitpost.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I assume wherever the franchise tells them they have to?

Speed
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Surely they can't keep all the rats out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Their chicken fried steak is divine.
View Quote

The last one I got was deep-fried chopped steak. It was absolutely horrible. Oh, and it had bread crumb coating instead of egg and flour.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Will they supply peanuts on request, or are they gone for good?

Five Guys has their peanuts in the back, they'll ask if you want them when asking if you want condiments.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Texas roadhouse is bottom of the barrel. Worse than Outback and probably the worst steak house in OKC.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#38]
One opened near me when I was about 21 or so. Fun times. Still like the place. Before the corona, I would go there quite a few times. Good steak, good burgers. Like their green beans. Good salads.

There are better places to be sure. I don’t mind the noise.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The peanuts
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It’s a fucking steak with bread, a salad and a side for $18. You’re not getting 60 day dry aged Wagyu for that price. The expectations GD has for restaurant meals is ridiculous.
View Quote

The steak is pretty good for the money.
I've learned to ignore GDs taste in women and food.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

My point is, that despite internet derp suggesting that buying from Sysco means every thing is somehow just a fancy TV dinner, they sell things like cheese. But, in internet dumbass land, somehow Sysco cheese is inferior to other cheese. Restaurants are shit unless the owner has a relationship with a local farm or something.

So, your anecdote refutes the obvious implication, but does nothing to stop the core idiocy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Everyone is wearing masks... duh

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My point is, that despite internet derp suggesting that buying from Sysco means every thing is somehow just a fancy TV dinner, they sell things like cheese. But, in internet dumbass land, somehow Sysco cheese is inferior to other cheese. Restaurants are shit unless the owner has a relationship with a local farm or something.

So, your anecdote refutes the obvious implication, but does nothing to stop the core idiocy.
View Quote

Lol gotcha.

When someone says "Sysco crap", I immediately think of low quality, frozen appetizers.

I don't know much about restaurant supply chains, but there are at least 5 or 6 local companies around me; I imagine a lot of them are buying from the same wholesalers that most likely sell to Sysco too.

I could be wrong though.

Speed
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They give me free food on Veterans Day.  I just have to get there early to cut in front of all the other old farts looking for a handout.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#45]
There a sign don't enter if you have nuts allergies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nobody complains about some cook at home by going, "not sure why anyone raves about his food, he just uses that same Kroger meats as everyone else.

But for some reason, if it's a company that focuses on b2b instead of retail, this suddenly is supposed to make sense.
View Quote

Kroger isn’t selling prime meat anymore, so that could very well be an excuse.

I’m not even a wealthy guy, but I live in an area where butcher shops are more prevalent than grocery stores. I get custom cut steaks for less than I would pay per pound at any of the big grocery stores. People (including my own boss) shit on where I live, but some of the best food in my entire state is within 10 miles of my front door. I never buy grocery store meat unless it’s after 6pm.

As to the topic on hand,  I had to travel for work non stop. Every meal was 100% paid for. I went to every steak house possible near where I was staying. Texas Roadhouse was probably the better of the chains. (Outback, Logans, etch). It wasn’t great, but not bad for the price. But clearly the better chophouses had better food. Granted that I could expense a $30 meal or a $75 meal so my wallet wasn’t judging the food. With that parameter, I’d never choose Texas Roadhouse.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#47]
According to sources, about 100 people die each year in the USA from an allergic reaction to peanuts.  However, if you talk to people who say they have a peanut allergy, you will get the impression that death is stalking society and everyone is near death.

The reaction to peanut allergies is one million times more overblown that the reaction to C19.

Do peanut allergies exist?  Certainly.  Is it taking space from the C19 deaths in a mass graves in city parks? No.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

so good regular fun people are on the inside and the pretentious dickwads stay out?

sounds like my kind of place
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Texas Roadhouse does what they do better than everybody else at a better price.
View Quote

Fact.

Arfcom Tender Tummy Brigade never disappointd to put their delicate sensibilities on display. The discerning palate crew are just as entertaining to those of us who have eaten at expensive steak joints as well as Road House.

I enjoy their 16 dollar ribeye way more than any 80 or 100 dollar one. Most cases it is just as good or plenty close enough. And a fraction of the cost.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Speed
View Quote

Now that you brought up your wife, do you make her call you Speed?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top