Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My eight scouts turned 21 in 2020 and 2021.

I guess we should just say "Fuck you. You should have stocked up".
View Quote

Yeah, fuck those kids for not stacking deep in their adolescence.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided to get a new rifle before Christmas. I started buying ammo two months before that when I decided what caliber (new to me). While not ideal the prices were a lot more reasonable than now. Now I will buy ammo if I see something I want but I'm fine with what I have for a while.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their parents should have taken care of it.   The its or the children nonsense is how we got in this shit show we are in now.  

Folks remember charity begins at home.  

Take care of yours ,  and your friends.  If everyone does that then we will all be OK.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You sir lack the imagination that would allow you some compassion for your fellow shoiting enthusiasts.  

What about those who have just acquired a new caliber?

As others have pointed out, what about those that are just starting?

What about those that shoot regularly and are now facing uncertain means of re-suply?

What about the fact that Federal, State, and Local governments are capable of wreaking havoc on normak supply chains?

What happens when the new head of EPA says lead bullets are simply banned because they are too dangerous to our environment.  If you fire any of your giant stash of ammo, you are subject to fines and cost of clean up?

We are all in the same boat sir.  It's just a matter of time until your supplies run low or is otherwise past It's date of usefulness.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
99% of the time a new gun owner will spend 3-5 years first "discussing" the idea of getting into guns.  They'll be given sage advice and completely fucking ignore it.
Unless you just turned 18, you knew this was coming.  Shit or get off the pot applies here.

So frequently we in the gun community are asked for advice, only to be completely fucking ignored.  I must give huge respect to by little brother - back in oct/sept he said "here's $800, go build me a gun".  Alternatively, my in-laws are busy buying hi-points, Tauruses, and shitty bolt actions no one wants.
View Quote

100% agree.  All the fudds who believe in the neckbeard ammo conspiracy always point to "the poor new gun owners" when they are really the 30-60-somethings who are in 'need' due to their stupidty.  

#ZeroFucksGiven.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

100% agree.  All the fudds who believe in the neckbeard ammo conspiracy always point to "the poor new gun owners" when they are really the 30-60-somethings who are in 'need' due to their stupidty.  

#ZeroFucksGiven.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% of the time a new gun owner will spend 3-5 years first "discussing" the idea of getting into guns.  They'll be given sage advice and completely fucking ignore it.
Unless you just turned 18, you knew this was coming.  Shit or get off the pot applies here.

So frequently we in the gun community are asked for advice, only to be completely fucking ignored.  I must give huge respect to by little brother - back in oct/sept he said "here's $800, go build me a gun".  Alternatively, my in-laws are busy buying hi-points, Tauruses, and shitty bolt actions no one wants.

#ZeroFucksGiven.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, You are just straight up miss informed if you believe a .270 Win barely meets the cut for an elk gun......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool story bro.

I was just invited on my first Elk hunt. As an eastern whitetail hunter, the most viable rifle that I own for Elk is a .270 Win, and by "viable" I mean barely meets the cut. I am now in the market for a more powerful unit for this upcoming hunt. Poor timing to say the least. I'm looking at which cartridge I can possibly find to stock up on before buying a rifle, instead of just picking the rifle and buying ammo later. The hunt is pretty far in the future, so I have some time to figure it out.

Well, You are just straight up miss informed if you believe a .270 Win barely meets the cut for an elk gun......

Ah, magnumitis.  All the bubbas seem afflicted with it around here too.  Buy .300 mags for 50 yard woods shots at white tails.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

he said he ordered 12k.. not 100.

Also they dont ship, and nobody wants large pistol primers anyway.
View Quote

Well, they had a 1000 and maybe it helps out someone local to them.  Anyway, it just shows that there are still some hole in the wall small shops that have primers for somewhat regular prices.

Besides op only said he ordered them, not that he actually took delivery yet.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You realize that the only way 2A continues to exist is by new gun owners and not the same old people that have a 50 gun collection right? Screwing them over or having this attitude will end up being your own un doing in the end. Too few people in the gun community with any fore sight is why libs win and we lose. Greed is what took down the NRA after all.
View Quote

X2
Bitching about others serves no purpose other then to lift yourself up.   This is why we lost!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nobody is saying screw the guys that just turned 21.  

He's talking about all of the friends and coworkers that have talked about buying instead of actually buying for years.  The guys that talked about all of those salad day deals while they bought new trucks and went on vacations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody is saying screw the guys that just turned 21.  

He's talking about all of the friends and coworkers that have talked about buying instead of actually buying for years.  The guys that talked about all of those salad day deals while they bought new trucks and went on vacations.
+1

Every panic since 08 like clockwork the same 6-8 acquaintances and extended family members blow up my phone wanting stuff .

Exactly one of them actually bought a rifle that I was able to point them to , but the rest always have new UTVs , Trucks , hotrods and boats

Now that I am not a LGS counter monkey I haven't heard boo from um this time around
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You sir lack the imagination that would allow you some compassion for your fellow shoiting enthusiasts.  

What about those that shoot regularly and are now facing uncertain means of re-suply?

What about the fact that Federal, State, and Local governments are capable of wreaking havoc on normak supply chains?

What happens when the new head of EPA says lead bullets are simply banned because they are too dangerous to our environment.  If you fire any of your giant stash of ammo, you are subject to fines and cost of clean up?

We are all in the same boat sir.  It's just a matter of time until your supplies run low or is otherwise past It's date of usefulness.

View Quote

I will leave the imaginative compassion for you to take care of the world.  I can't do that , but I can take care of my loved ones and my friends and make sure they're not suffering or experiencing undue hardship.  

I would say those who acquired a new caliber should have thought about that purchase before they made it.

Those that shoot regularly should have known well before now their consumption rate and accounted for it in their supply

Don't live in a place where your local gov is screwing you over every day

Charity begins at home  plan accordingly to help those in your life you love and care about and do not be a whiner.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just ordered 12k more primers. I don't need them anytime soon, but who knows what the year is gonna bring. When I can still get them for $40/1k, it's a no brainer.

View Quote

Where did you find primers in 2021???
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh, lots of folks have families and other obligations. When little Suzy needs braces or little Bobby needs a surgery or momma is tired of riding around in a 1998 Suzuki Grand Vitara, it's not like you're just going to say "fuck it, I'm building an ammo fort and buying nods." These threads are dumb.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You realize that the only way 2A continues to exist is by new gun owners and not the same old people that have a 50 gun collection right? Screwing them over or having this attitude will end up being your own un doing in the end. Too few people in the gun community with any fore sight is why libs win and we lose. Greed is what took down the NRA after all.
View Quote

True. It's how fudds are born. "The guy with the assault rifle and 30 round mags was a meany- I'm just gonna keep my grandpa's hunting rifle. That's all I'll need. They'll never come for that anyway."
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I mentioned that I might sell a few guns.  People are wanting to buy them at twenty years ago prices.  I keep hearing that I got it cheap and should sell it to them for what I paid.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Luckily my friends aren't pieces of shit. If one of us needs something someone else has their back. We've always lived the everyone eats life no matter what it is. I'm so glad so many of you have achieved such perfection that they need no one.  

I'll stick with my imperfect friends who all bring something a little different to the table so our table is always full.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#17]
My 13 and 14yr olds wants their own collection someday; I guess us older generations tell them to go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#18]
No cares, and I don't want to hear "price gouging" bullshit, either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 2 kids have rifles and pistols with thousands of rounds.

I did neglect .22 ammo. I only have 7k rounds
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just ordered 12k more primers. I don't need them anytime soon, but who knows what the year is gonna bring. When I can still get them for $40/1k, it's a no brainer.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]
When are places going to start refusing services to liberals?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Meh, lots of folks have families and other obligations. When little Suzy needs braces or little Bobby needs a surgery or momma is tired of riding around in a 1998 Suzuki Grand Vitara, it's not like you're just going to say "fuck it, I'm building an ammo fort and buying nods." These threads are dumb.
View Quote

Clint Smith said it best,  people spend money on what's important to em.  I know a fella who has a larger ammo supply than most folks on ARF.com  and he did not buy it a case at time.  His finances would not allow it but every payday he would go buy a box or 5 , before you knew he had no room for ammo.  Amazing how that shit works .  

What most people most here have been rightly saying is that  you shouldn't wait for a panic to start buying ..  People who do that actually breathe life in to these panics think about that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

I won't believe it either until they show up. Friend just said " hey, I can get primers, what do you want?" So I ordered 12k. Didn't realize commenting for conversation was gonna go off the rails
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought I had enough reserves but found out I was incorrect.  But I have enough to "get by" for a while and I'm not wishing I hadn't travelled to see the world and bought ammo instead.  Sucks for my godson and his brothers.  I took about 150 rounds of 5.56 and 7.62x39 last Saturday to shoot with them.  They normally would shoot more than me but not anymore.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WLP for $3.99/100
https://www.interlakengunsandammo.com/product/lg-pistol-primers-100-count/
Hurry, only 10 left.

Tell that to the guy that just 1k Wolf LP primers from me from $180, lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait, so you dont feel bad for anyone new to the game, but you give your brother props for just building a rifle in Oct?

Im sure he has tons of mags and ammo as well?

Shitty rant is shitty.

We should be happy so many new people are buying guns. Instead we have eliteist assholes running around acting like they came out of the womb loaded out like Rambo.

Finding "Sage Advice" from other gun owners is like finding a unicorn that shits rainbow skittles.

You must never shoot your guns if you think you have "enough" ammo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I won't believe it either until they show up. Friend just said " hey, I can get primers, what do you want?" So I ordered 12k. Didn't realize commenting for conversation was gonna go off the rails
View Quote
During the last shortage, a friend of mine was the QC manager at CCI Lewiston, they have since retired.  But even they couldn't get me 12k of primers.  I did get alot of goodie bags though, man I miss those.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

No longer scouts after 18.

Did they vote in this election?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

And double fuck be upon those who were in a position to help out their kids who weren't old enough yet, and failed to do so.

Quoted:
I'd say 30-40% of people live their entire lives in reactionary mode. There is little long term planning or serious analysis of current events and how they may affect future events.

In a way you can't blame them, especially the ones like under 35 years old, because they've not been educated with regard to American history nor have they been taught critical thinking skills.

View Quote

Off the top of my head that's roughly the number of adults that entirely lack an internal monologue, so you're probably more right than you know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're not a kid and shoot regularly then you should have a couple year buffer. Im not talking a 10 year supply. 2 should be enough.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#32]
“I abhor the ga’on Ya'akov, and hate his fortresses; therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.“
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im not buying anything right now because my daughters in the NICU.

This has been a long time coming and she'll be armed when she comes of age.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool story bro.

I was just invited on my first Elk hunt. As an eastern whitetail hunter, the most viable rifle that I own for Elk is a .270 Win, and by "viable" I mean barely meets the cut. I am now in the market for a more powerful unit for this upcoming hunt. Poor timing to say the least. I'm looking at which cartridge I can possibly find to stock up on before buying a rifle, instead of just picking the rifle and buying ammo later. The hunt is pretty far in the future, so I have some time to figure it out.

Right, poor old Jack O’Coonor must have just been lucky with all those elk he killed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a couple of neighbors who I've taken shooting a few times and these people had expressed interest in getting AR's.  This was close to 2 years ago when there was still plenty of everything available at reasonable prices.  These guys had already owned a few guns and had wanted to know the best places to get AR's and bulk ammo so I sent them links to PSA. SGA, etc several times.

However, none of them followed through to purchase anything more than some boxes of ammo for the few guns they already owned.  Sometime after the the election last November they started calling me wanting to know where they can buy an AR and bulk ammo because everything was sold out everywhere.  I'd bugged them for months when stuff was available yet they continued to ignore the warnings until things got out of hand.  So I don't feel bad for them at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh I see I ruffled some feathers.

The writing was on the wall clearly in late summer and early fall.  When everyone was buying guns like crazy, ammo was still half reasonably priced.  Wolf was still way under $0.50rd shipped in October.  Anyone who didn't see this unfolding very early on was asleep at the wheel.

I don't fault anyone young and/or broke.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

And when you're broke you don't buy NODs, you lay in cheap .22.   But instead you're going to find a lot of households that drank $4,000 of beer and smoked $6000 worth of smokes during the last salad period.

They could have cut beer and smokes 10% and bought 30k rounds of .22 without skipping a beat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Like others have said with some peoples attitude it will hinder bringing new shooters into the fold.   With that being said the long time friends that are shooters and have been through gunpocalypse before not heeding your warning to buy a case of x so you have it is annoying.   With last year starting with Covid then into riots and finally being an election year I told a friends that are into shooting but not super serious.   Stock up because with covid and the riots it is bad enough and add in the election and its only going to get much worse and they didn't listen.  I may give them shit for not stocking up but I still try to help them find whats out there.  Also you can still find ammo here or there for reasonable prices.   But you have to put some effort into it by hitting local stores.  In the last 2 weeks I have been able to pick up 200rnds of 9mm and 500 rounds of CCI Mini-mag.  All the deals will be local.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Their parents should have taken care of it.   The its or the children nonsense is how we got in this shit show we are in now.  

View Quote

Did I say there should be welfare to pay for ammo for underprivileged kids? JFC, cram that nonsense...that's creating an insane strawman.

Being callous to shooters who didn't have the chance or foresight to see what's coming (and there's some good reasons people don't), is just being a ruthless dick because you can.

We need more people in this, not less, and attitudes like this are why people think gun people are douches. And, here we are with page after page of weaponized douche spew.

Think beyond your own bullshit for 2 seconds. I know conservatives have difficulty with empathy, but it's really just critical thinking, and not shooting yourself in the dick in the longview.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

We were all supposed to buy all the calibers we could ever conceivably have a gun for, including our children and their whims should a new caliber arise in their future.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Oh I see I ruffled some feathers.
View Quote

No, you got what you were looking for.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#42]
With attitudes like that who needs Democrats?

A desire to brag about how much you have of something someone else wants but can’t get works both ways...

Those disenfranchised won’t give a shit about you having to give up your rights because if they can’t have access why would they care if you do?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#43]
What a bunch of dickhead curmudgeons.

We need people now. I have taken new shooters to the range every month these last few, and I teach them out of my stockpile. New shooters are how we keep our rights.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Did I say there should be welfare to pay for ammo for underprivileged kids? JFC, cram that nonsense...that's creating an insane strawman.

Being callous to shooters who didn't have the chance or foresight to see what's coming (and there's some good reasons people don't), is just being a ruthless dick because you can.

We need more people in this, not less, and attitudes like this are why people think gun people are douches. And, here we are with page after page of weaponized douche spew.

Think beyond your own bullshit for 2 seconds. I know conservatives have difficulty with empathy, but it's really just critical thinking, and not shooting yourself in the dick in the longview.

View Quote

Actually why don't you try reading everything in the thread. I said take care of you and yours.  If everyone did that we wouldn't have this problem .  I have said it multiple times.

Only a douche expects everyone else to take care of their problems, that is a fact.  I will say it again CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME..

Take care of your family and friends and they will do the same.  This shit works itself out that way.

It's not my  problem if someone I do not know and have never met nor will I ever meet  waited until there was a election panic and global pandemic to buy a gun.  

get over your self righteous nonsense.. That pulpit you preach from is so high you'll get a nose bleed from the altitude
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We were all supposed to buy all the calibers we could ever conceivably have a gun for, including our children and their whims should a new caliber arise in their future.

View Quote

Yes you were...  There is a lot to be said for not doing things pell mell in life.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No, you got what you were looking for.
View Quote

Right on time the virtue signalers in GD came out to cry about those poor folk who waited till prices went stratospheric  and how we all should do it for those first time buyers  and the childrens.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I gotta figure the huge majority of people buying at these prices are either bone stupid, speculating, or both.

So yeah.... fuck 'em.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What if someone was in prison for decades and was recently exonerated by some new DNA evidence, then released and wanting a gun to protect himself from the mob that wants him dead but can't get one because this whole buying panic is in full swing?  Would you feel bad for him?
View Quote

I hate it when that happens.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hate it when that happens.
View Quote

Yep and life ain't fair..   someone is always going to get fucked around .  Try to not be that person if at all possible.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#50]
You should feel bad for me , I just got a machine gun in 6.5 jap and you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find parts that haven’t been made since 45
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top