Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You realize that the only way 2A continues to exist is by new gun owners and not the same old people that have a 50 gun collection right? Screwing them over or having this attitude will end up being your own un doing in the end. Too few people in the gun community with any fore sight is why libs win and we lose. Greed is what took down the NRA after all.
View Quote

Exactly. OP's attitude is wrong. We should be welcoming to new shooters. Bring a friend or family member who hasn't shot before. Spot them a few boxes of ammo. Teach them what you have learned. This is the way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What if your young and just got into firearms for the first time?

My join date is 15' but I didnt buy my first AK until 16'. Then I built my first AR in 19'

Not all of us live though a panic before. Yes I did stack deep but without knowing and living though the past its hard for a young person to stack deeper.

Still wish I had more
View Quote

I dont even own a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You realize that the only way 2A continues to exist is by new gun owners and not the same old people that have a 50 gun collection right? Screwing them over or having this attitude will end up being your own un doing in the end. Too few people in the gun community with any fore sight is why libs win and we lose. Greed is what took down the NRA after all.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And nobody is going to use their guns for anything but target practice anyways.  Bunch of fucking larpers.
View Quote

Nope just chest thumping! What they can do is get as many new people out there shooting and change perceptions! They will eventually vote accordingly
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
think how much the people care who have been in this game for a long time who suggested pro constitution minded people coming together and investing in honest people running for govt positions, legal teams to sue people \ companies attacking the 1st and 2nd amendment and developing non dependent business models. They have thrown in the towel.

if everyone took that 8th AR money and 20 volunteer hours years ago, people with kids under 12 might sleep better knowing their kids might have an easier more promising future.

if this is ones first crisis then by default they get a mulligan, come the third crisis and excuses fall on deaf ears.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]

WLP for $3.99/100
https://www.interlakengunsandammo.com/product/lg-pistol-primers-100-count/
Hurry, only 10 left.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
*urp* ammo?  no thanks, I'm full.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"That guy who is trying to do the thing I like to do but doesn't know any better....fuck that guy. Fuck him to death and burn his house down because fuck his wife and kids too."

LOL...and we wonder why the right just can't seem to organize anything more complex than a campout.

View Quote

Most buying now aren't "doing the thing I like to do".  They're buying shit to flip.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is the sucky part.

Hopefully they have some good parents that planned ahead for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if your young and just got into firearms for the first time?

That is the sucky part.

Hopefully they have some good parents that planned ahead for them.

That does indeed suck.  As someone that was 16 in 1994, and got "into guns" just as the last AWB was going strong, I definitely feel that pain.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

I second that PM request.  You must be a primer buying wizard!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered 12k more primers. I don't need them anytime soon, but who knows what the year is gonna bring. When I can still get them for $40/1k, it's a no brainer.

@noFoTeeneR

PM me right the fuck now and tell me where

@noFoTeeneR

I second that PM request.  You must be a primer buying wizard!

Info please
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#12]
There can never ever be any path for people to come around and understand our point of view.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WLP for $3.99/100
Hurry, only 10 left.

View Quote

he said he ordered 12k.. not 100.

Also they dont ship, and nobody wants large pistol primers anyway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is also going to last much longer than most of us are comfortable admitting. Your stash isn't going to last forever.

View Quote

Yeah, I'm hearing that the current ammo shortage will stay like it is for another two years, assuming that we don't run into any more aggravating factors to push that further out.  The more aggravating factors part is what worries me.  They are almost sure to materialize.  I'm stacked pretty deep, but I can't really afford to shoot much anymore for fear of not being able to replace what I do shoot up anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I guess I don't really feel bad that you don't feel bad for them or me.

Primers and powder have been a PITA for years.  A scare comes along every 14 months and seems to always coincide to when I have some money available.  Early years when it flowed like water I bought a few thousand but didn't have the money back then to just horde everything.  And now since it's all irreplaceable I don't really shoot anymore because each round that goes in the hill is one I can't replace or can only replace at 5 times the cost.

Jack-off furiously to the cries all you like, nothing anyone can do to stop ya.  But ultimately this is all they really have to do to kill gun ownership.  No ammo means fewer classes, shooters, events, and participation.  Self-correcting problem once ammo and components are choked off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm trying to find a tikka t1x 22lr...no luck.

Fucking covid

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of the people I know are before like why would I ever do that. Now they have HUGE sticker shock and balk on the price. A few are bitting the bullet.    
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Almost zero primers are hitting the primary market. Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#19]
We should definitely keep being dicks to potential allies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

WLP for $3.99/100
Hurry, only 10 left.

View Quote

"NOTE: WE DO NOT SHIP PRIMERS, POWDER, OR AMMO."
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Exactly.

I do feel sorry for the new gun owners, and realize that we need them more than ever. Wanna know how we lose the will to fight for our 2A? Make it impossible for a majority of gun owners to shoot or make it a pain in the ass to enjoy the hobby. You, me, and the rest of the stack it deep crowd are a very small segment of the gun community.

This is also going to last much longer than most of us are comfortable admitting. Your stash isn't going to last forever.

View Quote

Judging from some of the posts lately you have not seen some of these "stashes".

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly! Capitalism can take a back seat to 2A for a little while. Its that important!
View Quote

I didn't say that.

My issue is motherfucking potential allies because they didn't heed advice to run out and buy a lifetime supply of ammo.

Normal people don't do that shit. No use alienating them because of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
99% of the time a new gun owner will spend 3-5 years first "discussing" the idea of getting into guns.  They'll be given sage advice and completely fucking ignore it.
Unless you just turned 18, you knew this was coming.  Shit or get off the pot applies here.

So frequently we in the gun community are asked for advice, only to be completely fucking ignored.  I must give huge respect to by little brother - back in oct/sept he said "here's $800, go build me a gun".  Alternatively, my in-laws are busy buying hi-points, Tauruses, and shitty bolt actions no one wants.

I understand the wisdom of the former, but the frustration of the latter.

The more people who embrace firearm ownership, the stronger the 2A, and for multiple reasons.  Regardless of how active politically new gun owners are, at least this is further de-mystification of guns as being "weapons of war".

However, I understand the frustration at the "fence sitters".  I've had people ask me about 2 years back about getting a handgun.  My advice was go try a couple off a list I gave them of quality handguns, buy the one that fits your hand the best, get a bunch of ammo, get some extra mags and take some training classes.  

Six months later I get a few more questions.  They are still "researching" their purchase.  I offer if they want to drive to come to my place, I'll grab a bunch of guns out of the safe and we'll go to the range and they can shoot them.  Prices are rock bottom I say, now is the time to buy.  Nope, too much time out of their busy schedule.  

Six months later, they ask a few more questions because they're not sure what they want to buy.  You can see how this goes.  Bottom line, they waited around until the panic hit and now they're upset because everything "costs too much".

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Most buying now aren't "doing the thing I like to do".  They're buying shit to flip.
View Quote

I've had dozens of people ask me about the shortage of guns and ammo over the last few months. None wanting to flip just wanting personal stuff. Good working people who don't pay attention to the gun market that woke up one day and wondered why they can't just go find stuff that was always there before.

I help them as much as I can. Several times during this madness I have taken fathers and sons out to shoot my stuff because I enjoy doing it. The reaction from the fathers is they think I am a great guy for giving their kids the opportunity to shoot and learn. The kids all love it, learn respect for firearms and how much fun it is to shoot.

Bad times are coming. Now is time to be making friends and allies not telling them to fuck off. I'm not saying give away your ammo or even your time to noobs but at least do no harm.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, us folks who saw it coming, bought a shit ton of ammo, mags and got our shit together are so awesome, I know. But.... A) Some dudes just don't care as much B) Some dudes are fucking poor asses C) Some dudes are indeed annoying, and last minute mother fuckiers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]
What if someone was in prison for decades and was recently exonerated by some new DNA evidence, then released and wanting a gun to protect himself from the mob that wants him dead but can't get one because this whole buying panic is in full swing?  Would you feel bad for him?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope not all. I was active in 2A movement, those folks would sit and watch me work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cool story bro.

I was just invited on my first Elk hunt. As an eastern whitetail hunter, the most viable rifle that I own for Elk is a .270 Win, and by "viable" I mean barely meets the cut. I am now in the market for a more powerful unit for this upcoming hunt. Poor timing to say the least. I'm looking at which cartridge I can possibly find to stock up on before buying a rifle, instead of just picking the rifle and buying ammo later. The hunt is pretty far in the future, so I have some time to figure it out.
View Quote
@mohms

At the risk of derailing this thread, I wouldn't sweat hunting elk with a .270 too much. I've killed a bull with mine and both my wife and dad have killed elk with their 6.5cm without issue. If you google "best caliber for elk" the .270 is routinely in the top 5 of the lists. As with all hunting, shot placement is far more important than caliber. Unless you're just using it as an excuse to buy a new gun. In which case, rock on as I get that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#29]
It's people with an attitude like yours that sit at the counter at the lgs and berate new gun owners for trying. I don't know what the fuck gives them the right but I see it more than ever.

So people who may not ever have realized they should take advantage of the 2As protections should get fucked? Come on man.

I'm sure Xiden will let you run your local Judenrat when the time comes if this is all about having more space on the box car for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#30]
How’s the air up there on your high horse OP?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't either really except for people who just became of age to do so.  Just like it did for people who had to deal with NFA 34, GCA 68, Hughes 86, import ban 89, AWB 94, bumpstocks 19 etc.  I did however just sell 2 cases of Wolf 7.62x39 on a free and open auction site for $1000, so I don't feel that bad.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#32]
if your stocking up right now its tough. heres my advice.

1. buy high cap mags for guns you want to own... buy these BEFORE you buy the guns.. you can always buy the 9mm glock etc, at a later date, its not getting banned ( except for assault rifles )

2. buy your assault rifle first.. or buy the stripped lowers, and start looking for parts. ( lots of parts around, you will still probably be to able to scrounge them, receivers much harder )

3. high cap pistols, glock, sig, hk etc.

4. look for ammo last. ( it will eventually come back )

again. in this order. this is your best bang for the buck, and in order of priority if your on a tight budget.

1. high cap mags ( 10 per long gun, 6 per handgun at a minimum )
2 semi auto tactical weapons, stripped lowers,  rifles, pistol caliber carbines, mp5, scorpion, ar15, scar etc
3. parts for the above.
4. pistols... ( and use your previously bought high cap mags in them )
5. ammo last.

6. low cap mags, fudd guns, bolt actions, revolvers etc DEAD LAST.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered 12k more primers. I don't need them anytime soon, but who knows what the year is gonna bring. When I can still get them for $40/1k, it's a no brainer.

@noFoTeeneR

Friend at a local store texted me. He said it may take until June. That's all I know at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I know a couple younger folks that recently turned 21.
JUST started buying handguns, now can't get ammo.
Gave a box of new 9 mm to one, told him to give me back the empties, and I'd refill them for him.
And gave a box of Win 333 .22s I picked up last week to another new shooter.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, i didn't buy the primers I should have. $40/k is a buy for me for sure.

Im still loading but will have to figure something out in a year or so.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Cool story bro.

I was just invited on my first Elk hunt. As an eastern whitetail hunter, the most viable rifle that I own for Elk is a .270 Win, and by "viable" I mean barely meets the cut. I am now in the market for a more powerful unit for this upcoming hunt. Poor timing to say the least. I'm looking at which cartridge I can possibly find to stock up on before buying a rifle, instead of just picking the rifle and buying ammo later. The hunt is pretty far in the future, so I have some time to figure it out.
View Quote

Lol, barely makes the cut. OK

Your .270 is perfect.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where are you ordering primers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you ordering primers?

I just ordered them, not like I walked in and got em off a shelf. I'm thinking ahead.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#38]
what about married men scratching for ammo, guns or parts?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd say 30-40% of people live their entire lives in reactionary mode. There is little long term planning or serious analysis of current events and how they may affect future events.

In a way you can't blame them, especially the ones like under 35 years old, because they've not been educated with regard to American history nor have they been taught critical thinking skills.

View Quote

Friend of my son, fought in Iraq, NG. Never thought this day would come. He’s in panic mode right now, has a couple boxes of ammo for his guns. He sold his Chinese AK a couple years ago because he could make a little money, sorry he did now. I’m still pissed he didn’t tell me he was selling it. A lot of people have been caught without ammo now and either can’t find it or afford it. I’ll help him if it gets ugly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey OP are you sure you've built up against all possible contingencies that can happen in the realm of possibility? That day WILL come when something's gonna happen to you that you are not prepared for. Remember your words.

My one billion dollars doomsday bunker laughs at you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

View Quote

Motherfuckin this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Last fall neighbor guy asked me if I knew anything about building AR's.  

"Yep, what do you want to know?  Wait...are you going to ask my opinion about a whole bunch of parts and then ignore me and buy the cheapest thing you can find?"

Pretty much.  Dude sent me a link to a $99 red dot sight that was clearly off the same line as PA and any of the other knock off micro red dots.  I told him I'd spend another $20 and at least get the PA because of the warranty.  Nope...random brand it is.  

Co-worker talked for years about it but it was always "maybe next pay check", "maybe if we get a bonus", etc...  I sent him links to the $279 PSA kits several times.  He finally got a kit + Strikefire for $549 which, all things considered, wasn't a bad deal.  Could have done a lot better though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We should definitely keep being dicks to potential allies.
View Quote

Half my company were raging assholes. They were still my best friends who Id die for.

Who cares is your allie is a dick?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#44]
OP your post is dumb. This shortage/panic or what ever you call it is bad for new shooters. New shooters are the future of the 2A. We want as many as possible on our side.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

Don’t need them but curious as well considering all the posts of “nothing available”.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
if your stocking up right now its tough. heres my advice.

1. buy high cap mags for guns you want to own... buy these BEFORE you buy the guns.. you can always buy the 9mm glock etc, at a later date, its not getting banned ( except for assault rifles )

2. buy your assault rifle first.. or buy the stripped lowers, and start looking for parts. ( lots of parts around, you will still probably be to able to scrounge them, receivers much harder )

3. high cap pistols, glock, sig, hk etc.

4. look for ammo last. ( it will eventually come back )

again. in this order. this is your best bang for the buck, and in order of priority if your on a tight budget.

1. high cap mags ( 10 per long gun, 6 per handgun at a minimum )
2 semi auto tactical weapons, stripped lowers,  rifles, pistol caliber carbines, mp5, scorpion, ar15, scar etc
3. parts for the above.
4. pistols... ( and use your previously bought high cap mags in them )
5. ammo last.

6. low cap mags, fudd guns, bolt actions, revolvers etc DEAD LAST.
View Quote

I followed your advice during Obummer's term and added to the inventory in Trump's term.
I'm sitting good right now!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I have more of a problem with those that act like it's my job to provide them with ammo.....and it's not the youngins just getting started that are asking to "borrow a cup of bullets" either, it's people near my age.

I had a acquaintance ask me this past weekend if I had any 5.56. I said yes but I'm not interested in selling any and the cock-sucker launched into this shame diatribe till I told him to go whine someplace else. I mean WTF?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You know you have used the term ammo poor incorrectly...   anytime you are  (insert word here )  poor it means you spent all your money buying it and have much more of it than others do.

People who are ammo poor,  gun poor,  fishing pole poor   have so much ammo,  so many guns and fishing poles  they probably spent all of their disposable income on those items.

https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/OHIWU2a-Imgur.gif?w=1200&strip=all
View Quote

YES! YOU ARE CORRECT!

Thank you, how you say in your language? " I am better man for it?" yes?

(But you knew WTF I meant)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Cool, cause that whole new generation of people we could really fucking use as allies are shut out of learning, shooting, and sinking their teeth into.

Women who discover they're in a bad relationship with a violent shithead and might want to turn their thinking around on guns and shooting, young people who want to hunt, plink and enjoy guns with their not-so-politically astute parents or uncles, etc. Fuck 'em all, right?

OP thinks that's nothing to lament, and sneers at them from atop ammo mountain.

#ARFcomvalues
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where can I order them for $40 per k?
I don’t care if it takes 6 months as long as I get them
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top