Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2021 6:21:09 AM EDT
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm thinking about picking up an XDM....specifically the XDM Elite.....something about a flush fit 20rd mag just seems awesome (granted my CZ P-09 and P-10F both are flush fit 19rd)

The XDM slides seems to have gotten rid of the inane Grip Zone markings too

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't own one, but I've sold a ton of them. They do feel "big" in the hand, so if you don't have larger hands you may not like them. Really good trigger, controls aren't awkward or hard to use. Perfectly functional sight picture.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Springfield Armory. Fucking traitors.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
We do we not like Springfield Amory?
I’ve got an older XD9 I got in a trade,it works every time, plenty accurate, no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
XDM owners checking in.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I kinda like the looks of this one. And no Grip Zone stupidity.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one for several years. The grip is definitely long, but perfectly functional. Only problem I had with mine was that my thumb tended to ride on the slide lock lever and it would fail to lock open in an empty mag. Very accurate, very reliable, good sights, good trigger. I traded it after I stopped shooting 3 gun, didn't really have a use for it otherwise. Go for it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
The XDM never had the grip zone crap, that was the XD Mod 2.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I stopped buying SA products after the whole Lobbyist fiasco but my early XD9 and XD40 Have been flawless shooters. I also own an XDm45 that was factory set-up as a suppressor host and it is a perfect mate to my SiCo Octane. NONE if my guns sport the “Grip Zone” banner.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a XDM 10MM, great shooter.

Very good sights, decent trigger, 3 15 round mags and soft shooting.

The grip is big, but smaller than a Glock 10mm.

I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Got around 5k rounds total on mine in 9 and 45, not a single hiccup. Good fit for my hands. Very accurate shooters.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd buy it again.
View Quote

I wanted one of those, but decided on a Glock 29 instead.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I had an XDM 9 years ago but reluctantly sold it. The trigger was great for a DA striker and it was a soft shooter. It just didn’t fit my hands well and I was never able to shake the awkward feeling.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought an XDM 40 when they first came out. Felt really good in my hands. I have bigger hands and not a lot really fills them. It was a great shooter and easy to work on. Used it for USPSA for a while. I remember it was sort of top heavy, though. Might be an issue for smaller hands. I had a tungsten guide rod and weighted mag extensions to help keep it flat. Not saying you have to do that that is just what I did for USPSA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#16]
The XDM is a great pistol. I’ve got 2.  A 4.5” and 5.25” both 9mm.  Great shooters. Fits my hand really well.  Good trigger.  Love the magazines.  Fit and finish has always been good on the XD, I’ve owned a half dozen over the years. All functioned flawlessly out of the box.  I”m a fan.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I've got a XDM in 9mm, had for close to 10 years, I really like it, fits my hands nicely, has never hiccuped, accurate as any gun can be in my hands. nothing to dislike about the gun.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Former owner checking in. Competent pistol; nothing outstanding or inspired about it. As another owner mentioned, it feels big regardless of the dimentions. 45acp, 3.8in pictured. Katana included for gratuitous weeboo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd love to get one in .45.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Friends dont let friends XD.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've only bought them secondhand on purpose so SA doesn't get money.

https://i.imgur.com/6VoMYM9.jpg

@Beamy, I find the original HS2000 to be a good 9mm, It is a good 9mm pistol of the 90s. Everything else they make sucks in that caliber. The XD and XDM shine in .45 ACP. As a 9mm, the XD and XDM are beaten by GLOCK.
View Quote

Gotta disagree on that part.

My nephew bought a 9mm XDM and l find it a better pistol,  or maybe l should say- it fits my hand better and the trigger is  superior to, my Gen 2 Glock 19.  So much so l shoot his better better than my own.

It is the reason l bought an XDM 10mm.  However l don't shoot it nearly as well as his 9mm.  Can't seem to hit consistently past about 15 yards.  But then l bought it Labor Day weekend and have inky about 200- 250 rounds through it before the ammo all disappeared.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'd buy it again.
View Quote

I did the same - XDM 4.5 10mm. Good shooter. Works with 40sw out of the 10mm barrel. Smaller grip than the G21/20.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Former owner of an XDM 3.8 in .45 ACP. Were it not a gift, I would have never owned it. Was not impressed with the sights or the trigger. It felt top heavy and chunky. On the plus side, it was 100% reliable and accurate. I'll admit that I have been fan of Glocks since 1985. After trying for several years to find some love for that XDM, I ended up selling it and buying another Glock.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had an XDM 9 years ago but reluctantly sold it. The trigger was great for a DA striker and it was a soft shooter. It just didn’t fit my hands well and I was never able to shake the awkward feeling.
View Quote

Felt nose heavy to me. Never presented well and I was competing at the time. Sold it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Like mine and shoot them well, but I have XL extremities.

Plus, Fudd stamp of approval

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I had 2, both with triggers worked over by Canyon Creek if I remember correctly. Both were good, but the one with his lightest trigger was really good. It was my USPSA / 3 gun pistol for years. In spite of the haters, both were solid, reliable, accurate guns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#27]
My wife has an XDM in .40 ...  it's actually an impressive little pistol!  Even with the 3.8" barrel, it is remarkably accurate.

No issues with it, but it hasn't been through any "hard" use either... just some indoor range time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought an XDM 5.25 in 9mm in 2010ish to start shooting USPSA with. I shot production with it for about 4 years and cant remember any problems with it. I have had a very positive experience with XDMs. I havent shot it in a few years now, but it's a good shooter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I have an XDM 40 with a Powder rive trigger upgrade and it is a fine shooting gun...if you like shooting 40SW.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm thinking about picking up an XDM....specifically the XDM Elite.....something about a flush fit 20rd mag just seems awesome (granted my CZ P-09 and P-10F both are flush fit 19rd)

View Quote

I like mine really much with a Powder River Precision trigger in it.  One of my favorites and most accurate!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#31]
My XD is the only gun I own that's never had any sort of failure.  Thousands and thousands of rounds down range with zero failure.  It eats anything I feed it too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I fricken love my 9mm XDM.  Zero failures. One ragged hole if I do my part. Smooth shooting too.

Most people who shit-talk them are just echoing what they hear from the old XD days, without ever having owned one in the first place...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I love my XDM 3.8” Compact 9mm. I carry it in the winter and it’s my favorite pistol. Yes...It’s big, but I love the stability of it in my hand while shooting. I’m not a big guy either. I’m actually going to buy a XDM Elite 9mm OSP within the next month or so.

If you think you may want to put a red dot on it, buy the OSP version which has the plates ready to add the optic. That’s what I’m doing. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I like the XD and XDm better than my Glock 19 = fits hands better and points better.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd be curious how many of people here still buying SA guns were outraged by BRCC and are boycotting them?  You people are buying guns from a gun company that lobbied against the 2A as long as they got a carve out from it....and donated money to anti 2A D's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd be curious how many of people here still buying SA guns were outraged by BRCC and are boycotting them?  You people are buying guns from a gun company that lobbied against the 2A as long as they got a carve out from it....and donated money to anti 2A D's.
View Quote

As has S&W, Ruger, Colt, and Remington.  Heck, even Gaston Glock has said he wanted his gun banned from civilian sales.  Springfield fired the a-hole lobbyist when they found out the truth.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I had one for several years. The grip is definitely long, but perfectly functional. Only problem I had with mine was that my thumb tended to ride on the slide lock lever and it would fail to lock open in an empty mag. Very accurate, very reliable, good sights, good trigger. I traded it after I stopped shooting 3 gun, didn't really have a use for it otherwise. Go for it.
View Quote

I'll mirror this exactly. The grip is almost identical to a single stack 1911.

I have an extra slide lock lever that I was going to cut the pad off of but never got around to it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As has S&W, Ruger, Colt, and Remington.  Heck, even Gaston Glock has said he wanted his gun banned from civilian sales.  Springfield fired the a-hole lobbyist when they found out the truth.
View Quote

They fired the lobbyist that them and RRA were the only major manufactures of when the backlash hit.  Do you really think that 2 companies hired a lobbyist and had no idea what they were doing???  If you're that gullible then there's no hope for you, just admit that you like their guns more than your principles.  I'm sure the democratic party appreciates your donations.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Fuck em but I did buy an xd9 used and it’s my favorite carry gun now.
Damnit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of gun companies have spotty records when it comes to the 2nd.  They are often looking to make deals to keep themselves safe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#41]
First Handgun I ever purchased was an xd9 on my 21st birthday. I was the typical non-shooting firearm owner back then so cant so a whole lot about reliability on that particular one. Owned and XDM for a little and was shooting 3 gun at the time no issues there. My roommate has owned one for going on a decade now and its the only pistol he shoots its been very reliable.

That being said he has had issues finding quality holsters, especially light bearing ones and other accessories. Its not supported like glock or sig. I also should note ive owned several springfield 1911s and I feel at the 1k price point they're the best IMO. Do know a guy who had issues with the grip safety on his but thats the only issue I have heard.

Like someone else stated if ya can buy used cause springer sucks personally but having said that I will own a professional at some point its my grail 1911!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I am down to 2, a XDM45 with a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights and a XD45 Compact Tactical. I owned but sold XD45 Service, XD9 Sub Compact, and a XD9 Tactical. Combining the compact grip frame and the 5" barrel is a great idea.

The 2 I have now have had extra power springs installed for shooting 45 Super. They still cycle ball ammo and my plated handloads.

The XD9 Tactical I sold had at least 13k rounds through it before I bought it, the PO used it in competition. It had negligible wear except for finish wear on the slide and the barrel. Shot great.

The XD9 Sub Compact was ugly af but for me was extremely natural to shoot, I would bring it up and it would be on target.

With all my XDs I replace the cheesy striker stop pin with a multi layer roll pin. I don't like the grip safety but I've never had an issue and I am not using them as a service pistol in combat. The triggers are so so but that is why you train. The 9mms ate everything I fed them from steel case Tula to anemic handloads to very stout loads with every type of bullet profile. I have never had an issue that was on the pistol and the only real issue I have had is with one particular batch of low powered 45 handloads. I would trust my life to one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I’ve got an XD that my brother bought, and then decided that guns were icky. I put it in the safe, and didn’t shoot it for years because it’s ugly, and I didn’t  have the time.

Once I retired, I found it in the back of the safe, and had a few rounds of junk 9mm ammo that needed to go down range. Took the XD out, and it is a tack driver.  Natural point of aim, all rounds center mass and I wasn’t even trying.

Nice shooting pistol, you’ll like it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

XDM never had grip zone markings. That was a Mod. 2 frame thing (and eventually was phased out.

Just to help clarify a few things, here's the frame/model types in order of release:

XD (Original)- now only produced in 9MM. Previously available in a variety of sizes and calibers.

XDM- now only available in fullsize in .45 and 10MM. Previously available in a variety of sizes and calibers.

XD Mod. 2- the infamous GRIP ZONE! Now discontinued, but was available in a variety of sizes and calibers. The last ones produced are sans Grip Zone branding.

XDM Elite- only available in 9MM and a couple of frame/barrel length sizes. SA has confirmed that 10MM will be the next caliber available for this line sometime in 2021.

That said, one of the bigger drawbacks to the XD platform is the lack of magazine compatibility. Only the XD, XDM and XD Mod. 2 in .45 share magazines. All other calibers will need frame specific mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I just picked up an XDM Elite 4.5 a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to go shooting with it yet, but love the improved trigger and sights over the XDM 3.8 I had. I did change out the backstrap to the smallest one so it would fit my hand better. It definitely has a long grip. I doubt I'll be carrying this one concealed except maybe in the winter under a coat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's why I only own the one I own. The original Pre-SA HS2000 and the two .45 ACP full size guns since they both use the same magazine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XDM never had grip zone markings. That was a Mod. 2 frame thing (and eventually was phased out.

Just to help clarify a few things, here's the frame/model types in order of release:

XD (Original)- now only produced in 9MM. Previously available in a variety of sizes and calibers.

XDM- now only available in fullsize in .45 and 10MM. Previously available in a variety of sizes and calibers.

XD Mod. 2- the infamous GRIP ZONE! Now discontinued, but was available in a variety of sizes and calibers. The last ones produced are sans Grip Zone branding.

XDM Elite- only available in 9MM and a couple of frame/barrel length sizes. SA has confirmed that 10MM will be the next caliber available for this line sometime in 2021.

That said, one of the bigger drawbacks to the XD platform is the lack of magazine compatibility. Only the XD, XDM and XD Mod. 2 in .45 share magazines. All other calibers will need frame specific mags.
That's why I only own the one I own. The original Pre-SA HS2000 and the two .45 ACP full size guns since they both use the same magazine.

Yep, that's the reason I went .45 as well in my suppressor ready XDM and my subcompact Mod. 2. Of course .45 is my primary handgun caliber anyway.

I really regret not picking up a fullsize Mod. 2 to go along with my SC when they were phasing them out. My SC was $360 or so out the door and I could have got a 4" fullsize for the same price. The Mod. 2 frame is extremely comfortable and ergonomic for me.

I did just pick up a used 4" 9MM for the wife, came with 5 mags and a PRP trigger installed, just need to get it out to the range:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck Springfield Armory. Fucking traitors.
View Quote

Yeah, 'member when everyone hated Ruger and Smith & Wesson? Hurr durr.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I have several XDms  in various frame sizes, and 2 calibers.  I have big hands, and they are extremely comfortable for me, as accurate as I can let them be, and have been to date trouble free.

The note on magazines is correct.  The XD and XDm in 45 are the only two that have mag interchange.
I bought several of my magazines on clearance (19 rnd 9mm) that had different grip sleeves for the compact vs fullsize, and slipped them off to fit my all full size fleet.

I have read that if you take the magwell adapter off the elite, the regular older XDM 19 round magazines will fit (vs the 20 round elite).

Weird side note, I put one of my 5.25s on top of a 1911, and they are almost an exact silhouette of each other.

As to the politics issue, everyone has to make that call on their own. At this point, who hasn't screwed gun owners in relation to the 2nd?
Doesn't excuse them, but the list of those who haven't is pretty short.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I am so sick of Gung Ho 2A SJWs who jump on the ban-wagon when the situation isn't as straightforward as they think.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top