BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They fired the lobbyist that them and RRA were the only major manufactures of when the backlash hit.  Do you really think that 2 companies hired a lobbyist and had no idea what they were doing???  If you're that gullible then there's no hope for you, just admit that you like their guns more than your principles.  I'm sure the democratic party appreciates your donations.
View Quote

OK, SJW.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sold my XDM 9 because the slide would randomly lock open on me. Thought it might just be an issue with my grip and that particular gun. Oh well, not my problem now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. I am so sick of Gung Ho 2A SJWs who jump on the ban-wagon when the situation isn't as straightforward as they think.
View Quote

It was my state and FFL's that Springfield was lobbying to fuck over as long as they got a carve out, so maybe I take more personally.....regardless I'm sure Democrats appreciate your second hand donations.

I'll consider buying from them again when the people in charge who made those decisions aren't there anymore....until then Springfield doesn't anything so revolutionary that I can't get somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

OK, SJW.
View Quote

Edit: Never mind, your not worth arguing with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why don't you just donate directly to the Democrats and cut out the middle man?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, SJW.

Why don't you just donate directly to the Democrats and cut out the middle man?

You should stop paying state income taxes.

You know, so you don't keep funding the Illinois Democrats and their policies.

...or you could move to a free state.

Can't wait for the Romney comments. Don't worry, I can handle it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry....I don't think it's too much to ask for a fucking gun company to not lobby against the 2A....apparently plenty of people think that's too high of a bar to set.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My XD is the only gun I own that's never had any sort of failure.  Thousands and thousands of rounds down range with zero failure.  It eats anything I feed it too.
View Quote

My XD has never failed but my XDM has.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They fired the lobbyist that them and RRA were the only major manufactures of when the backlash hit.  Do you really think that 2 companies hired a lobbyist and had no idea what they were doing???  If you're that gullible then there's no hope for you, just admit that you like their guns more than your principles.  I'm sure the democratic party appreciates your donations.
View Quote

This. The lobbyist cut a deal with the Dems in Illinois that Springfield would change it’s petition of protest of the bill if they got a carveout...you don’t make deals like that without it going through corporate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry....I don't think it's too much to ask for a fucking gun company to not lobby against the 2A....apparently plenty of people think that's too high of a bar to set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you must only own Henrys and Caniks right?

As already mentioned, Ruger, Glock, S&W all have a history of doing so.

The comment about being a 2A SJW is accurate.

Go be outraged somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So you must only own Henrys and Caniks right?

As already mentioned, Ruger, Glock, S&W all have a history of doing so.

The comment about being a 2A SJW is accurate.

Go be outraged somewhere else.
View Quote

I'm not outraged.  Why are you so worried about defending them?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine owns an XD in 9mm and it appears to be an excellent shooting gun for what little bit I have shot it.

I have an XD 45 which seems to shoot good, and all of the newer shooters who have shot it have remarked how smooth it seems to be. The trigger is certainly not bad.

I have only had an issue with one brand of ammo (Geco) in it. That ammo would not feed reliably in any of my 5 XD magazines, but has no problem in any of my other 45s.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#12]
GD: Stop being a SJW over Springfield Armory and their working with dems.
Also GD: Fuck Amazon, they work with dems.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm not outraged.  Why are you so worried about defending them?
View Quote

I'm not, I really don't care what people spend their money on. Hence the reason I'm not in here telling people where to spend their money.

Quoted:
GD: Stop being a SJW over Springfield Armory and their working with dems.
Also GD: Fuck Amazon, they work with dems.

View Quote

Also GD: Stop being FSA and buy a membership.

*Helps pay for Amazon Webhosting Services for Arfcom*

Looks like we're all guilty, partner.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a 3.8 daily.  Zero malfunctions ever.  The trigger is nice.  Fully cocked striker.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
If you get one, make sure you immediately purchase that drop in PRP Ultimate Match Trigger. That brings the XDM to a whole new level.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#16]
XDM 4.5 9MM here. Bought it used. Have run every variation of 9MM I can imagine, from Winchester FMJ to Critical Duty and Defense. Not a single malfunction in about 2000 rounds. Like the way it shoots. I actually went to buy a P226 and left with the XDM.

That said, I bought it before all the Springfield nonsense. I probably wouldn't buy a new one today. I bought an XDS 9 new right before the nonsense, and was really disappointed with it. It ended up being clunky enough that for me, in any situation I could carry the XDS, I could carry the XDM instead, which is a much better gun anyhow. No longer have the XDS.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I won't be giving them more money. But I really like my XDM.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#17]
As expected, Springfield Armory touched somebody somewhere...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
XDM 4.5 9MM here. Bought it used. Have run every variation of 9MM I can imagine, from Winchester FMJ to Critical Duty and Defense. Not a single malfunction in about 2000 rounds. Like the way it shoots. I actually went to buy a P226 and left with the XDM.

That said, I bought it before all the Springfield nonsense. I probably wouldn't buy a new one today. I bought an XDS 9 new right before the nonsense, and was really disappointed with it. It ended up being clunky enough that for me, in any situation I could carry the XDS, I could carry the XDM instead, which is a much better gun anyhow. No longer have the XDS.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I won't be giving them more money. But I really like my XDM.
View Quote

IMO the Mod. 2 frame fixes all of the clunky feeling of the OG XDS. The only way to get a Mod. 2 frame now is in the single stack guns (XDS and XDE)

I really like my XDS, but once an OSP version in .45 becomes available in the Mod. 2 frame I'll likely end up selling it to upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

IMO the Mod. 2 frame fixes all of the clunky feeling of the OG XDS. The only way to get a Mod. 2 frame now is in the single stack guns (XDS and XDE)

I really like my XDS, but once an OSP version in .45 becomes available in the Mod. 2 frame I'll likely end up selling it to upgrade.
View Quote

I'm probably not going to bother with a single stack 9mm again, not when there are things like the P365 out there. You just end up with a grip thinner than the slide, but somehow just as long of a grip (front to rear) as an XDM. Or maybe even a hair longer.  Which really just makes it unpleasant to shoot. Oh, and way less capacity to boot!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your claim defies the laws of probability.

You should have had a few ammo specific malfunctions, irrespective of platform, in that round count.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Jesus your taste in guns is awful.  Fucking 20" ar's and xd's.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Without a grip zone how will you be able to hold it ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Used to own an XDM-40 3.8 and liked it.  I have long fingers so the trigger break being so far back was not something I liked about it.  Also had one of the trigger pins walk out a little.  I staked it in place when I installed a Powder River trigger and had zero problems after that.  Very accurate pistol.  Ended up selling it and buying a used Sig P226.  Got tired of buying .40 ammo and wanted a 9mm (kind of a moot point now).  XDM magazines ain't cheap either.  I like the P226 because I can get surplus Beretta M9 mags and notch them for the Sig mag catch.

Can't say I'd buy another XDM, but it wasn't a bad pistol.  Went bang every time and the projectile went where I wanted.  Particularly after the Powder River trigger.  I just like hammer fired pistols better than striker fired.  Personal preference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You should have had a few ammo specific malfunctions, irrespective of platform, in that round count.
View Quote

I have several guns with 2000+ flawless rounds. Mostly cast or plated reloads, cheap factory 9mm, and defensive ammo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same experience with mine, and that's shooting cheap stuff like Monarch and WWB.

ETA: I had a similar experience with most of my M&Ps, but not every one. With the XDMs, it's every single one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#28]
The grip is much more natural and comfortable than a
Glock with a natural point Of aim. The Difference between my G34 and XDM 4.5” is noticeable. It is a pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck Black Rifle Commie Coffee and the people who drink it
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Shot the xdm before I shot a glock. The Glock felt terrible to shoot. I was much better shooting the xdm.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I had one in .40 for a while. I liked it and it functioned as it should.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#32]

It’s ok....other gun companies did stuff in the past so that makes it ok.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I love my XDM 5.25 9mm. Great shooter. Grip Zone is gone.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I had an original XDM .40.

The only thing I did not like about was how high the barrel
sits.  Seems to produce additional muzzle flip.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#35]
To the OP @Beamy, go ahead and pick one up, look around you can find them used already which is great.

With the exception of the full size XDm9 w/out optic in this pic, all of them were picked up used.

Both the full size XDm 9's and the Service XD45 have well over 5K rounds through each with no issues.

The XDm9 with the optic went through 3300 rounds of 135gr Blue Bullets in a 6 week period in early 2019 then later in the year over 2200 in a 6 week period again, shooting on a single weekend day each week, you can figure the math.

I've got PRP triggers in them which are amazing.

I primarily carry the full size and occasionally use the SC for AIWB carry.

I don't have many rounds through the XDmC 45 yet, maybe a few hundred a most but I am already liking it more then the Service model, just need to wait on my order from Blue Bullets so it can be fed properly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many malfunctions should I have in 2000 rounds? Frankly, if a handgun other than a 22lr had a malfunction in the small amount I shoot, I'd think about selling it. If it was clearly due to ammo, I'd probably stop using that variety.

My prairie dog rifle has more than that though it, and failing to clean it after shooting 300 or so rounds with dirty powder and letting it sit for a couple months, and filling the brass catcher too full are the only failures I've had.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me guess... you're a 1911 fan.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Incorrect. 1911s are Boomer trash.

I said "irrespective of platform."
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If you get one, make sure you immediately purchase that drop in PRP Ultimate Match Trigger. That brings the XDM to a whole new level.
View Quote

This ^^
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top