Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you have the lobbying power to stop it. Seems that you just said Fuck Me.
View Quote

The power of the 2a isn't in lobbying power. However, is there the will for the people to exercise that power is a question that remains unanswered.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Demoncrats play the long game. They sure picked the right time to steal an election or three.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I mostly don't care if they curl up and die. They did it to themselves. Should have canned Wayne and his mob years ago.

However, there is one problem.

The NRA "helped" to craft many state's concealed handgun licensing laws, and of course they wanted trining as part of the process - NRA trainer training, and most often either no other option, or options that are very hard to impossible to get.

No NRA certified trainers, no concealed carry licenses.
A LOT of states would just love this. They have to do nothing and concealed carry dies out with the current batch of license holders.

If you think fuck-head Kate in Oregon (for example) is going to change the law to help, you are nuts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh NO, anyway
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The NRA is partially responsible for this massively dangerous and frankly unconstitutional concept of "prohibited persons."   It is and always was the camel's nose under the tent for progressively more stringent gun control.

Whatever someone thinks about criminals having guns, I'd much rather run that risk than hand the government the power to decide who the second amendment applies to.   They simply cannot be trusted with such power.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without my usual level of hatred for Wayne LaPierre, I'll try to be as objective as possible.

During the Clinton  years when Congress was getting ready to pass the Brady Law and the AWB, I watched NRA maybe make the biggest mistake I've ever witnessed by making LaPierre their spokesman to go on the TV talk shows and advocate for our rights.

At a time when we needed Superman, LaPierre was Clark Kent:  an inarticulate milquetoast with a monotone and an obvious dry mouth when arguing against liberal gun-grabbing plans of the 1990's. You couldn't have picked a spokesman more out of his element and downright creepy.  It was like watching the old guy who ogles  your daughter come on TV and tell the world how we shouldn't pass more gun laws.

NRA didn't really fight that hard to stop the legislation IMHO: It was a foregone conclusion we'd get the AWB and the Brady Law, so NRA thought they'd just try to water it down instead of trying to stop it.

The libs only wanted a five-day wait for a handgun purchase.  NRA pushed for the NICS check.  So of course the libs adopted that and we got both.
And not just for handguns, for ALL guns.  Thanks Wayne.  Fucking clueless fuck.  I know:  I don't want criminals having guns either, but was erroneously denying or delaying law-abiding citizens' gun rights due to technicalities worth stopping a few perps brave enough to commit a felony by filling out a fraudulent 4473?

In other words, if they weren't going to fight any harder than that maybe they should have just left it the fuck alone?

I think perhaps the one thing they did in 1994 was help get the sunset clause put in the final AWB bill.  That's a definite "maybe".  But I've also heard that the Dems came  up with that one on their own to get a couple of wafflers to finally vote for it.

After the Brady Law and 1994 AWB passed, I asked myself what did the NRA actually not only DO, but also what did they even TRY TO DO?

Oh, one of their big efforts against the 1994 ban was to fight for the Mini-14 and M1A, oh, and .22 semi-autos.  Of course the NRA is going to go to the mat for the Fudd guns.  My AK's and AR's were too scary even for them.

The NRA has been dead to me since then.  I will be forever convinced they did more harm than good during the 1990's.  And I got a constant barrage of fund-raising letters even years after I failed to renew my membership.

I really---REALLY--wish they could be blessed with better management and purpose.

But until then they are not getting another dime from me.

The NRA is partially responsible for this massively dangerous and frankly unconstitutional concept of "prohibited persons."   It is and always was the camel's nose under the tent for progressively more stringent gun control.

Whatever someone thinks about criminals having guns, I'd much rather run that risk than hand the government the power to decide who the second amendment applies to.   They simply cannot be trusted with such power.

100% agree.  It's universally known that criminals will get guns.  The NICS check just made it more likely they will break into  your home and steal yours since they can't get one from a gun shop.

NRA is pretty much solely responsible for creating the idea that a person has to ask for the government's permission to buy a gun.

Yeah, I wouldn't have liked the five-day wait for a handgun, either, but it would have been better than having to beg Uncle Sam pretty please to exercise my God-given right to bear arms.  And I am a person who has never gotten so much as a delay.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruined a perfectly good civil rights organization.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
If they had just done the right thing, and needed our help. We would be throwing buckets of money at them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
GOA and SAF should start offering discount life memberships to NRA lifers. Time to move to a new organization.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They did it to themselves
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I supported the NRA and ILA for years but gave up.

I always wondered if the NRA let states like NJ die on the vine to use us as an example for everyone else: Give us more money or you will end up like NJ.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The faster they collapse, the faster they can be replaced with something capable and less corrupt.
View Quote

I'd be pleased with GOA taking over.

GOA life member since 2006.  Still have the free Frontsight pass.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#12]
At least the closet will be full of nice suits when the trial starts
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
i find it pretty hard to feel bad for an anti gun organization going under. maybe you should care about what you claim to care about instead of actively going against it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
GOA and SAF should start offering discount life memberships to NRA lifers. Time to move to a new organization.

View Quote

GOA is even less accountable to its membership and wastes more percentage wise than the NRA. Why are you guys even suggesting them as an option?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Unfortunately when the NRA allowed WLP to remain they sealed their fate.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/02a8e823268689070b77bbf098f30acf/tenor.gif
View Quote

Exactly this. That's when I stopped giving a shit.
I won't even round up a nickel during the Midway USA checkout process.
"no thanks"
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#16]
At least the organization has some nice suits to be buried in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We need a strong pro-2A advocate, especially with the shit storm coming.  I'm afraid NRA became its own worst enemy over the years and now the buzzards are probably going to pick the carcass clean.
View Quote

False, "The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."
The NRA wrote the 1934 NFA, 68 GCA, NICS background system and most other state and federal law.  Written and supported by the NRA.  
They have always advocated for more gun control yet solicited donations claiming to fight for your rights.
They fought against the landmark case Heller vs DC, then begged for donations claiming that they did it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]
They let a dictator take power and run a grift for himself.

This isn’t good though, for a long time rightly or wrongly the NRA was feared by leftist gun grabbers. Them thinking they slayed the dragon and are unopposed is not a good thing.
I hope they can be reformed and rebuilt,

I see a parallel with the republicans except instead of one main bad actor surrounding himself it’s the whole top end of the organization.
All about their power and not about why they were supposed to be there in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

False, "The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."
The NRA wrote the 1934 NFA, 68 GCA, NICS background system and most other state and federal law.  Written and supported by the NRA.  
They have always advocated for more gun control yet solicited donations claiming to fight for your rights.
They fought against the landmark case Heller vs DC, then begged for donations claiming that they did it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need a strong pro-2A advocate, especially with the shit storm coming.  I'm afraid NRA became its own worst enemy over the years and now the buzzards are probably going to pick the carcass clean.

I was not aware it went that far back, but the 1990's convinced me they were definitely NOT on the side of gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
At least the organization has some nice suits to be buried in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#21]
So what’s the best one to join?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So much this.We got dick from them for the 2A.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They did it to themselves

So much this.We got dick from them for the 2A.

Not true, we got that sweet hat and other Chinese swag.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Let it burn.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The nra also wanted all pistols in the NFA, but the politicians thought that went to far.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]
We must must all throw down behind a group that will stand up for us.

Which group though?

I’m a member of several, but we need one to grow and fill the NRAs shoes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#26]
So what is the ideal advocacy group?
Show up on lobby day? Petitions?

I've been to a federal level lobby day for a vet org. All we had access to was staffers and aides.

Sadly, if you want pull you have to buy a table or two (8 to 12 plate settings per table) at $500 and up per plate dinners IMO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#27]
The NRA is corrupt and has been worthless for a long time.

I hope they go through bankruptcy, clean house, get rid of all the leaches that get paid for doing nothing and becomes an organization that fights against all gun control and fights for getting the rights of Amercian's back.

If not I hope they disappear so another worthy organization gets the following and the money to actually fight for our rights.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I want those fuckers to reclaim all those suits Wayne grifted. I don't give a shit if they sell them or burn them as long as that bastard can't wear them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fuck em
View Quote

Congratulations, they played themselves.

Fuck em
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We must must all throw down behind a group that will stand up for us.

Which group though?

I’m a member of several, but we need one to grow and fill the NRAs shoes.
View Quote

Hell we could build our own through brownells/arfcom.
I'm a lifer through the NRA, and I'll gladly start over financially backing any 2A group that'll actually put our money to good use and not play both sides of the fence.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#31]
When assholes collide
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If the suit fits....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Pretty sad, when we need organizations like the NRA the most, it withers and dies.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#35]

FWLP.  Maybe NY can do what the NRA board won't, and make FWLP trade his custom suits for one off the rack.  Orange would do nicely.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The NRA needs to be reborn, with new leadership, increased membership(including outreach to minorities) and 2nd Amendment vigor.  The sooner, the better.
View Quote

This but no WLP, or his cronies, or corruption and waste.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#38]
FNRA and FGOP

Time to move forward, cast off the chains of our controlled opposition, and form a new political party and new lobby group.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

100% agree.  It's universally known that criminals will get guns.  The NICS check just made it more likely they will break into  your home and steal yours since they can't get one from a gun shop.

NRA is pretty much solely responsible for creating the idea that a person has to ask for the government's permission to buy a gun.

Yeah, I wouldn't have liked the five-day wait for a handgun, either, but it would have been better than having to beg Uncle Sam pretty please to exercise my God-given right to bear arms.  And I am a person who has never gotten so much as a delay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without my usual level of hatred for Wayne LaPierre, I'll try to be as objective as possible.

During the Clinton  years when Congress was getting ready to pass the Brady Law and the AWB, I watched NRA maybe make the biggest mistake I've ever witnessed by making LaPierre their spokesman to go on the TV talk shows and advocate for our rights.

At a time when we needed Superman, LaPierre was Clark Kent:  an inarticulate milquetoast with a monotone and an obvious dry mouth when arguing against liberal gun-grabbing plans of the 1990's. You couldn't have picked a spokesman more out of his element and downright creepy.  It was like watching the old guy who ogles  your daughter come on TV and tell the world how we shouldn't pass more gun laws.

NRA didn't really fight that hard to stop the legislation IMHO: It was a foregone conclusion we'd get the AWB and the Brady Law, so NRA thought they'd just try to water it down instead of trying to stop it.

The libs only wanted a five-day wait for a handgun purchase.  NRA pushed for the NICS check.  So of course the libs adopted that and we got both.
And not just for handguns, for ALL guns.  Thanks Wayne.  Fucking clueless fuck.  I know:  I don't want criminals having guns either, but was erroneously denying or delaying law-abiding citizens' gun rights due to technicalities worth stopping a few perps brave enough to commit a felony by filling out a fraudulent 4473?

In other words, if they weren't going to fight any harder than that maybe they should have just left it the fuck alone?

I think perhaps the one thing they did in 1994 was help get the sunset clause put in the final AWB bill.  That's a definite "maybe".  But I've also heard that the Dems came  up with that one on their own to get a couple of wafflers to finally vote for it.

After the Brady Law and 1994 AWB passed, I asked myself what did the NRA actually not only DO, but also what did they even TRY TO DO?

Oh, one of their big efforts against the 1994 ban was to fight for the Mini-14 and M1A, oh, and .22 semi-autos.  Of course the NRA is going to go to the mat for the Fudd guns.  My AK's and AR's were too scary even for them.

The NRA has been dead to me since then.  I will be forever convinced they did more harm than good during the 1990's.  And I got a constant barrage of fund-raising letters even years after I failed to renew my membership.

I really---REALLY--wish they could be blessed with better management and purpose.

But until then they are not getting another dime from me.

Even criminals have a constitutional right to self defense, especially ones who have served their time in prison.

With a million different felonies on the books, we are all criminals if the government wants to dig deep enough.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Who’s going to protect our gun rights?

The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

Oh. Never mind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#41]
The nra is dead because they continued to shit on their subscriber's. It's amazing the power the people hold when they actually stick together and withhold their money from things. The key words are "stick together". It sent a message to them, maybe they'll seek redemption maybe they'll but more suits idk.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#42]
How good have they actually been these last 10-15 years?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#43]
LaPierre should have some nice suits to wear to court appearances... may have to go to a normal barber for a haircut though..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm going to go ahead and say it.

The NRA has issues, those who are true 2nd folks are going to regret it.
View Quote
Yep. In multiple ways. This is the worst possible timing, also.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Precisely, the stupidity of this community and it's willingness to sacrifice itself on worthless causes is what will provide the opening they are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#47]
The NRA is useless& corrupt; WLP is a waste of self-indulgence.

I’m a member because all the ranges I shoot at get their insurance from the NRA & membership is required to support the range insurance.

The bigger issue is what’s going to happen to our ranges when this supposedly cheap NRA-sponsored shooting range insurance vanishes.  Will someone step in to help, or will it be a moment to screw gun owners by increasing rates & membership fees?

I suspect gun owners will be their own worst enemies, just like we’re seeing with the hoarding & other nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Suicide is a terrible thing, really too bad that NRA killed themselves.
View Quote

Better organizations will grow from its ashes.

Would love to see the millions over its members convert over to the GOA
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm going to go ahead and say it.

The NRA has issues, those who are true 2nd folks are going to regret it.
View Quote

I already regret it.

I regret every penny I ever sent to NRA.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Maybe SAF/CCRKBA, JFPO, GOA/GOC can step up?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top