Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/9/2021 7:21:41 AM EDT
Conservatives have been getting demonetized, deplatformed, shadow banned and restricted in other fashions for the past several years, but starting with the Capitol on Saturday the bannings have hit unprecedented levels.

Placed on the timeline where possible. Post links and I'll update them here.
I'm nowhere's close to capturing all the cancellations, so I'm just trying to keep up with the ones that come to hand quick or are household names and therefore worth the extra effort to track down.
If you post the link, you save me a bunch of effort, so please do that.

As this continues, I'm going to eventually just start posting bare links.
It should now be clear to anyone that reads the thread that the silencing is real, widespread, and politically motivated vice "safety" motivated.
Movements to "build your own" are also silenced once they become well-known or big enough (witness Parler).

As you see more news, take screenshots and save pages (ctrl+s and select "Web page, complete") to your local computer.
Use youtube-dl to download videos (remember when that was deplatformed from Github not too long ago under false pretenses?)(At least it was reinstated).

They will eventually remove their own articles and deny any of this ever took place. It may take some time, but it happens every time. Save evidence.

Axios article that covers most of the early un-cited entries below

Unknown date but between 6th and 9th inclusive:

• TikTok disables certain tags like #stormthecapitol and redirects them to the community guidelines.  #Qanon and #stopthesteal were already redirected.

• Pinterest is also preventing tags like #stopthesteal, since November.

• Discord bans "The Donald" server, related to r/thedonald on reddit.

• Twitch disables Trumps channel.

• Twitter bans Sidney Powell, Mike Flynn, Lin Wood, Steve Bannon and a huge number of other people some of which I've never even heard of. Help me fill this part in.

• Shopify bans Trump organization and campaign stores.

Wednesday the 6th:

• Twitter prevents some of Trump's tweets from being seen, disables his account until he removes them. This includes a video where he asks people to leave in peace.

• Facebook bans Trump for a day. Removes his video condemning the "violence".  

• Instagram implements the same ban, since they're Facebook.

• Snapchat bans Trump's account.

Thursday:

• Youtube announces new crackdowns on "misinformation"

• Facebook ups the ban to the remaining time of Trump's term. That covers Instagram too. Cite is the original post from Wednesday, which was updated.

• Simon and Schuster, book publisher, cancel Senator Hawley's upcoming book titled "The Tyranny of Big Tech"

Friday:

• Reddit bans r/donaldtrump completely. This follows after years of increasingly tight restrictions and bans on this and other pro-Trump subreddits, including the_donald.

• Twitter bans realDonaldTrump permanently. His account had 88.7M followers.

• Twitter also bans teamtrump, after it's used to announce a move to Parler

• Twitter also deletes Trump posts from @potus account, which is reserved for sitting presidents

• Apple threatens to ban Parler app from the App Store unless Parler institutes censorship tools and uses them.

• Hours later, Google outlines the same threat for Play Store. Then follows through.

• CampaignMonitor, Trumps campaign mailing list provider, suspends Trump's access preventing him from emailing supporters through their service.

• Facebook bans the Walkaway campaign, which is a group of former liberals that explain why they're upset with modern American "liberal"ism.

• Facebook also banned all the leaders of the project's personal accounts and removed all their content, including "hundreds of thousands of testimonial videos and stories" explaining why members left the Left.

• Leader of WalkAway indicates he and others are having followers removed on Twitter. Unclear exactly what's going on since it's not being acknowledged yet by Twitter, but some replies indicate it may be a mass exodus of conservative users from Twitter if it's not bans. Others indicate that their missing followers old accounts are labeled as "suspended", indicating action by Twitter (and not the account owner)

• Multiple Steve Bannon channels banned from Youtube

• Ben Garrison banned from Twitter

• Philip Van Cleave, President of VCDL banned from Facebook. FB also removed an event invite for the Lobby Day caravan.

• Senator Chase suspended for 7 days, and no live video for two months.

Saturday:

• Apple removes Parler app from App Store after 24 hour deadline expires.

Sunday:

• Amazon intends to remove Parler from their cloud hosting service, AWS at 2359 PST Sunday.

• Stripe will no longer process payments for Trump campaign

• Amazon removed Parler as promised

• It wasn't just Amazon - Twilio (SMS and other messaging service, and apparently authentication also), Okta (authentication provider), Zendesk (customer support services) all banned parler from their services.

Monday:

• Ron Paul is limited for "repeatedly going against community standards" on Facebook. (Page 3)

• Godaddy stops serving ARFCOM itself. Benevolent technowizard Goatboy spins up an entire new domain.

• newsmax was down during that time as well, seems to be back up along with Arfcom after a couple hours.

• Cumulus Media tells its hosts to drop the election fraud thing or they will be fired

• PGA moves 2022 championship away from Trump Nation Golf Club Bedminster

• Nearly 30 W.VA teachers threatened with termination for attending Capitol rally

• Mike note: Ongoing Youtube, Twitter, etc purges seem to have dramatically expanded in scope

• Facebook is blocking and removing content about election fraud and "stop the steal"

Tuesday:

• Twitter purges 70k people that shared Qanon related stuff

• Salesforce "takes action" of some unspecified type against RNC

• Facebook blocks "Law Enforcement Today" with nearly 900,000 members.

• A great many companies are no longer donating to various republican campaigns, usually for "the riot" or for objecting to certification.

• Capitol Police prevented Lauren Boebert from entering the capitol past the metal detectors, see more here

Wednesday:

Thursday:

I'm losing steam on updating this, so I'm not going to track individual days of when things happened anymore. After this point the time listed is when I updated the OP.

Multi-day trends:

• Twitter has been actively purging conservative Twitter users en-masse since Wednesday. They've done it before, but not at this scale. This is ongoing.

• Facebook appears to be doing the same thing

• Lots of claims from FBI and others about armed demonstrations and "plots" at various state capitals.

• Many people are getting fired merely for being at the capital protest, even if they did not enter the capitol.

Week Two of the "new new normal":

Pre-January notable incidents:

Twitter, Facebook censor Post over Hunter Biden exposé. Marked a turning point in awareness of the coordinated censorship from tech giants, and blocked a news story that would have been significantly more damaging to Biden if it had not been censored.

Previous ARF thread in November about an at-that-time unprecedented purge

Possible options

Related news
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you can ignore the importance of Twitter shutting down the NY Post account in the lead up to the election.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
It started on Arfcom with the banning of Sylvan from GD.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a good thread. Keep the updates going.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think you can ignore the importance of Twitter shutting down the NY Post account in the lead up to the election.
View Quote

Added.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
As you repost OP, maybe do bullet points.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not added.

But I agree. I hear he's unbanned now, for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As you repost OP, maybe do bullet points.
View Quote

I like it, done!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep it going, we need a record of everything until we are silenced here as well. FreeSylvan
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#10]
OP is a good man
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Who controls the past, controls the future
Who controls the present, controls the past
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.nationalistreview.net/2021/01/09/wire-alert-trump-campaign-no-longer-able-to-send-out-emails-after-mail-service-suspends-access/

Campaignmonitor suspended his emails or something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe Republicans need to build their own social platform to spread their message and quit trying to make the competition make it fair for everyone. Free market and all. Seems like republicans want to use the democrats channels and get upset when democrats kick them out of their club. I always hear how liberal and left wing face book and twit er are and republicans keep wanting face boook to change. They don’t need to change. Market decides they stay. Market decides people want face book and twit er to censor groups. MAKE SOMETHING NEW.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great quote from a guy who hates republicans and the government and The Machine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Facebook also banned the head of VCDL yesterday and blocked the lobby day event page.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.nationalistreview.net/2021/01/09/wire-alert-trump-campaign-no-longer-able-to-send-out-emails-after-mail-service-suspends-access/

Campaignmonitor suspended his emails or something.
View Quote

Under Friday, thanks!

Latest edit:
Added the twitter teamtrump ban after it was used to announce a move to Parler.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
You have that backwards.

It's "He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#18]
OST
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Facebook also banned the head of VCDL yesterday and blocked the lobby day event page.
View Quote

I can't substantiate that, though I do remember seeing that somewhere. I can't find it, is there a link or screenshot?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Steve Bannon war room removed from YouTube 9 hours ago
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was huge.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Steve Bannon war room removed from YouTube 9 hours ago
View Quote

I don't really know who that is, but added.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#23]
All of this leftist garbage is so widespread that it's In big tech and everywhere.  I work for a CA. based software company.  Leftist violence?  Crickets.  March at DC?   Well, we get a long email from the CEO about it.  It's disgusting and I can't wait to get away from them.  Pride celebrations, a summit about transgender, do you want to know about Ramadan???  All the while, let's make a huge profit in the market.

it's scary man
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All of this leftist garbage is so widespread that it's In big tech and everywhere.  I work for a CA. based software company.  Leftist violence?  Crickets.  March at DC?   Well, we get a long email from the CEO about it.  It's disgusting and I can't wait to get away from them.  Pride celebrations, a summit about transgender, do you want to know about Ramadan???  All the while, let's make a huge profit in the market.

it's scary man
View Quote

I worked for an R&D company doing software dev. Almost the entire engineering lab discussed guns and was disgusted with corporate posturing, but we all hid it to keep some deniability from the rest.
I got two guys to join my range when they moved.

The CEO all-hands briefings had an anonymous Q&A section. It was unmoderated exactly once, and after that all questions had to be approved because people asking "inappropriate" questions (in truth, reasonable ones that you might see here).
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe Republicans need to build their own social platform to spread their message and quit trying to make the competition make it fair for everyone. Free market and all. Seems like republicans want to use the democrats channels and get upset when democrats kick them out of their club. I always hear how liberal and left wing face book and twit er are and republicans keep wanting face boook to change. They don’t need to change. Market decides they stay. Market decides people want face book and twit er to censor groups. MAKE SOMETHING NEW.
View Quote

Parler exists. Google got rid of it as an app choice.

Unless you plan on making an entire new phone service and ISP...

ETA: these platforms were not originally intended as political platforms. The left just saw the opportunity and seized it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Take a look at these Krebs on security articles as well that detail “security professionals” who have been actively attempting to disrupt hosting by shaming providers into cutting support for sites like 8chan who host Q Anon content.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/10/qanon-8chan-sites-briefly-knocked-offline/

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/01/hamas-may-be-threat-to-8chan-qanon-online/
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

1) this is stupidity,  in the face of a modern market dominated by tech giants.  
2) "Republicans" will do nothing.  The Republican party let this happen.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Great quote from a guy who hates republicans and the government and The Machine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't it a line from 1984? When Winston is in room 101?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found another.

Isn’t Parlor new?  Isn’t that a new club?  Yet the tech giants say it has to be censored if they will all the app.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#31]
VCDL president got booted off FB yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

While quite humorous, there is a dark inkling of truth here that is going to need some reflection on.  This site has banned a lot of good members for their speech.  (Mods throw in whichever COC in their estimation fits their desire to ban.)  Whats the difference in what twitter/facebook has done and what Arfcom has done? Banned someone for unpopular speech?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can't substantiate that, though I do remember seeing that somewhere. I can't find it, is there a link or screenshot?
View Quote

Quoted:
VCDL president got booted off FB yesterday.
View Quote

Got it, adding.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#34]
hastag #1984 banned by twitter.

Conservatives on twitter noted losing tens of thousands of followers.

https://twitter.com/search?q=lost%20followers&src=typed_query&f=live

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Maybe Republicans need to build their own social platform to spread their message and quit trying to make the competition make it fair for everyone. Free market and all. Seems like republicans want to use the democrats channels and get upset when democrats kick them out of their club. I always hear how liberal and left wing face book and twit er are and republicans keep wanting face boook to change. They don't need to change. Market decides they stay. Market decides people want face book and twit er to censor groups. MAKE SOMETHING NEW.
View Quote

Like Parler? Sorta tough to get the app is either/or both apple & google remove it from their app stores...

...perhaps a conservative should start a phone manufacturing company
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#36]

My buddy said Kilmeade lost thousands of followers because he called Trump a tyrant for objecting to the fraudulent election.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My buddy said Kilmeade lost thousands of followers because he called Trump a tyrant for objecting to the fraudulent election.
View Quote

This just happened since last night. Twitter is purging Conservative accounts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This just happened since last night. Twitter is purging Conservative accounts.
View Quote

Thanks........I'll let him know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Some Twitterers are claiming they've checked on old followers accounts and they were suspended, indicating action by Twitter.

(Closing an account will give a "Doesn't exist" message instead.)
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#40]
You see why now the commies worked to take over the media and social networking.......its part of the plan
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#41]
ost
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#42]
https://twitter.com/codemonkeyz?lang=en

Codemonkey was also banned from Twitter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

it's scary man
View Quote

Be careful!  The Man and the Dark Brown Underwear Streak are watching you!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#44]
OST
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Added a number of updates, including Senator Chase being banned.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#46]
there is a storm coming

right now we are getting bands of drizzle

this will end up being a large thread until arfcom is gone

I suggest everybody get on twitter with a fake account that you dont use except to friend other fake accounts that you know for needed messages. have several all linked
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#47]
In on one.

Tag.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Subscribing to this. This is great thank you
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Demand = Money

Yet there are few options for media, social, financial, or legal services that specifically cater to about half the country, and innumerable hordes that appeal to the radical left.

There's a lot more to it than us being "lazy."  All these things require government approval & regulations, and I suspect anyone who attempts to build them in an explicitly anti-left manner that precludes them from becoming 'converged' by leftists, will find themselves blocked out, by leftists in government.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
there is a storm coming

right now we are getting bands of drizzle

this will end up being a large thread until arfcom is gone

I suggest everybody get on twitter with a fake account that you dont use except to friend other fake accounts that you know for needed messages. have several all linked
View Quote

I like the way you think, but that won't work anymore. New twitter accounts need a cell phone number attached to the account and are at risk of being banned for no reason.
Facebook has, for years now, at their discretion required government photo ID to re-enable accounts in some circumstances.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top