Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 2/21/2018 12:24:41 PM EDT
I'm a single dad, and it's difficult for my daughter to get to do things with my work schedule.  she brought home a flyer for cub scouts and it happens to fit perfectly into our schedule. I myself went through cub scouts & boy scouts and believe strongly in the program.  There are several girls in the pack she joined. Last night was our first meeting and she had a blast.  I'm excited to be able to spend more one on one time with my daughter doing activities. If any of you guys have young daughters it might be worth looking to a cub scout pack in your area.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
First
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
(Removed -40xb)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
This should go well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
(Removed -40xb)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
In on the impending shit show.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see it takes an organized activity that fits neatly into your schedule to find time to spend with your daughter

Now get your virtue signaling out of my Scouts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
(Removed -40xb)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you guys seriously have an issue with girls in the cub scouts?  How dense can you be?  It's a program that instills great values in children, and now they happen to allow girls to participate.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Explain how exactly taking your daughter to a group event means spending more one on one time with her.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Wooptofuckee, what a dad
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#12]
(Removed -40xb)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do so many trollish threads get started by people with an underscore in their username?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Low post count troll thread
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously have an issue with girls in the cub scouts?  How dense can you be?  It's a program that instills great values in children, and now they happen to allow girls to participate.
View Quote
there is a place its called girl scouts
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
yea you girls should start your own group or something

maybe call it girl scouts or something
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh man, the joke I could push right here, but I better not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#19]
(Removed -40xb)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
GSA is pretty wretched any more. Not much outdoors left in it most places. Some troops are better than others but there are a lot of hurdles to jump to get a decent outdoor program running and the Service Unit is often of no help.

GS being in the state it is currently in is the main reason that girls can join Cub Scouts now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Glad to see it takes an organized activity that fits neatly into your schedule to find time to spend with your daughter

Now get your virtue signaling out of my Scouts.
View Quote
Obviously you lack an ability to comprehend what you read.  I said MORE.  I work 12 hour shifts,  We get up at 5am, out the door by 6am, back home after 6pm, homework, eat, clean up, spend what time we can together, then bed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Join date, post count, controversial topic.

Glad to see the burner accounts are being used, but why so many as of late?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I think the BSA should help out the GSA and sell cookies
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
(Removed -40xb)
View Quote
Oh damn...  

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
As an Eagle scout, with both a daughter and a son,  I have a problem with girls in BOY Scouts.

Do you have a problem with boys in the girl's bathroom when your daughter is in there? Because confusing genders leads to that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#26]
What the hell its for boys.  Girl Scout is what you seek
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Girl scouts is a joke of a program.  Cub scouts allows me to participate in activities with my daughter that we both have common interests in.  My daughter isn't a girly girl.  She likes to fish, shoot, camp, etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
GSA is pretty wretched any more. Not much outdoors left in it most places. Some troops are better than others but there are a lot of hurdles to jump to get a decent outdoor program running and the Service Unit is often of no help.

GS being in the state it is currently in is the main reason that girls can join Cub Scouts now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BSA enrollment numbers are in the dumps & need to get boosted.  That's the main reason why girls can join the BSA now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe you could just make boy children like me... then you don't have any issues like this

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

BSA enrollment numbers are in the dumps & need to get boosted.  That's the main reason why girls can join the BSA now.
View Quote
I have no doubt that's part of it as well - but the current state of GSA is a primary driver as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Are you and her going for your Snowflake patches?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well they went the wrong way about it.

I wonder what other controversial decisions they have made in the past few years that would make people leave? hmmm
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Was Girl Scouts full?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

As an Eagle scout, with both a daughter and a son,  I have a problem with girls in BOY Scouts.

Do you have a problem with boys in the girl's bathroom when your daughter is in there? Because confusing genders leads to that.
View Quote
Right now it's a newly adopted program.  Girls are only a part of the cub scouts, they are working on a program to graduate them to after that.  Girls will also be assigned their own dens when enough join.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#35]
My boy quit the Cub Scouts, er eh what used to be the Cub Scouts
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#36]
1.  I have no problem with girls in Cub Scouts.  Boys and girls at that age aren't interested in each other, and Cubs is parent-led anyway.

2.  I have a serious problem with girls in Boy Scout Troops because (a) they will be a distraction for the boys who are there to learn FROM MEN how to be MEN living by the Oath and Law, and (b) the kind of parents who will push their girls to join a Boy Scout Troop are the kind of parents who will want to Tear Down The Patriarchy by demanding that the standards change.  "Mile Swim? That's too far for my strong independent womyn-child Typhanee, BSA you need to make it a Half-Mile Swim! etc."  I really, really hate to use the SJW term "Safe space," but frankly Boy Scout Troops are the only safe space for boys to learn from men how to be men under the Scout Oath and Scout Law.  Let BSA spin up girl-only Troops and keep boy troops boy-only, and don't change the standards, and I'm fine with it.

3.  I have a serious problem with BSA's desperate and over-the-top outreach to what it calls "non-legacy" families (i.e., families who have never been in Boy Scouting).  BSA is signaling loud and clear that EVERYTHING is on the table due to their need to get enrollment numbers up AND keep the huge corporate donors happy.  If they are willing to let girls in, then how long before BSA caves to the SJWs and Millennials over bullshit like "The Scout Oath should remove 'morally straight' and add stuff about Diversity and Inclusivity!" or "The Scout Law says 'a Scout is Reverent,' you cannot say that because it's CURRENT YEAR and you shouldn't push religion on my kids!"

BSA should have taken a note from Ford Motor Company's prior CEO, Alan Mullally, who told the Ford Board of Directors, "Ford can be big (in terms of market share), or Ford can be profitable, but Ford cannot be both.  Choose wisely." (The Board chose profitable.)  BSA should admit that it can be Boy Scouting as it currently exists, or it can boost membership by admitting girls, but by admitting girls from non-legacy families it WILL irrevocably change Boy Scouting forever.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#37]
The BSA is a dying organization.  Too bad for them.  And for all of us.  They chose to chase revenue instead of virtue.  I've seen the writing on the wall for several years now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bingo. The national council is starving for money. They'll let your pet cat join at this point, so long as you pay dues for it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are in the dumps because they keep moving left.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think you read the press release carefully.

1.  Cub Scouts is not Boy Scouts.  Cubs scouts have dens and packs.  Dens will be all-boy or all-girl.  Packs (which is a combination of dens) can choose whether to be co-ed at the PACK level.  Dens will NOT be co-ed.
2.  BSA is allowing all-girl troops to be formed under the BSA organization umbrella.

Girl Scouts and their organization  is NOT just a female version of Boy Scouts.  It is entirely different.

This is a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm a single dad, and it's difficult for my daughter to get to do things with my work schedule.  she brought home a flyer for cub scouts and it happens to fit perfectly into our schedule. I myself went through cub scouts & boy scouts and believe strongly in the program.  There are several girls in the pack she joined. Last night was our first meeting and she had a blast.  I'm excited to be able to spend more one on one time with my daughter doing activities. If any of you guys have young daughters it might be worth looking to a cub scout pack in your area.
View Quote
My daughter was always jealous of her brother because of all the cool things he did in " Scub Scouts" and later in Boy Scouts. She tried the Girl Scouts thing but she thought it was boring and lame.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I wanna know, OP.  Are you serious?

I'll respond if you're not trolling the hive.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#43]
yeah, I'm in this one
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#44]
What's wrong with the Girl Scouts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't think you read the press release carefully.

1.  Cub Scouts is not Boy Scouts.  Cubs scouts have dens and packs.  Dens will be all-boy or all-girl.  Packs (which is a combination of dens) can choose whether to be co-ed at the PACK level.  Dens will NOT be co-ed.
2.  BSA is allowing all-girl troops to be formed under the BSA organization umbrella.

Girl Scouts and their organization  is NOT just a female version of Boy Scouts.  It is entirely different.

This is a good thing.
View Quote
THIS!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

2.  I have a serious problem with girls in Boy Scout Troops because (a) they will be a distraction for the boys who are there to learn FROM MEN how to be MEN living by the Oath and Law, and (b) the kind of parents who will push their girls to join a Boy Scout Troop are the kind of parents who will want to Tear Down The Patriarchy by demanding that the standards change.  "Mile Swim? That's too far for my strong independent womyn-child Typhanee, BSA you need to make it a Half-Mile Swim! etc."  I really, really hate to use the SJW term "Safe space," but frankly Boy Scout Troops are the only safe space for boys to learn from men how to be men under the Scout Oath and Scout Law.  Let BSA spin up girl-only Troops and keep boy troops boy-only, and don't change the standards, and I'm fine with it.
View Quote
If you had read the various information carefully, you would know your concern is not a concern.  Because your last sentence is what they are doing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#47]
My niece joined a Boy Scout troop.

As an Eagle Scout I approve.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Right now it's a newly adopted program.  Girls are only a part of the cub scouts, they are working on a program to graduate them to after that.  Girls will also be assigned their own dens when enough join.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm well aware, I was part of the original thread awhile back on the topic. Girls are not required to be assigned their own dens, the packs have the option to have girl-only dens.

I think it's great you want to do an activity with your daughter that emphasizes the outdoors, preparedness, responsibility, and civic duty.

However, as an Eagle Scout, I can't support the infiltration of an organization I once loved by leftist gender-bending ideas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#49]
"Yay! My kid and I are actively participating in the death of an age old American institution, and I came here to tell you all!"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wanna know, OP.  Are you serious?

I'll respond if you're not trolling the hive.
View Quote
Dead serious, I'm not a troll.  This is something I strongly believe in. Boy or girl, this is an opportunity for a whole new generation of kids to learn the values that many of us grew up with.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top