Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dead serious, I'm not a troll.  This is something I strongly believe in. Boy or girl, this is an opportunity for a whole new generation of kids to learn the values that many of us grew up with.
View Quote
You need an outside organization to teach those values?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's wrong with the Girl Scouts?
View Quote
Because Girl Scouts is entirely different.  They are a social club / cookie baker that happens to go camping every once in a while.  Maybe they didn't start that way - but that's the way they are now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's wrong with the Girl Scouts?
View Quote
I have a girl in Girl Scouts.  It's lame as shit.  She even thinks it's lame as shit.  I'm not even sure why my wife wants her to keep going.

I would support my daughter joining a Boy Scout Troop as long as IT IS GIRLS-ONLY and the standards do not change.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm a single dad, .
View Quote
(Removed -40xb)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Girl scouts is a joke of a program.  Cub scouts allows me to participate in activities with my daughter that we both have common interests in.  My daughter isn't a girly girl.  She likes to fish, shoot, camp, etc.
View Quote
So take her fishing, shooting, and camping, etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Troll thread.  If not, please logout, delete your account, and go live your liberal life elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
New name should be "SJW Scouts of America"  Glad my son made Eagle before the conversion.  

Hey Dad, if GSA is a Joke, get involved and make it great again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They are in the dumps because they keep moving left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BSA enrollment numbers are in the dumps & need to get boosted.  That's the main reason why girls can join the BSA now.
They are in the dumps because they keep moving left.
Indeed.

A few years ago our town had 2 big, strong, active Troops in it.  Now one Troop is all but closed.  My son's Troop is doing OK, but their Pack has been decimated so the Troop will be feeling it soon.

Guess when all of the troubles started.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you had read the various information carefully, you would know your concern is not a concern.  Because your last sentence is what they are doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2.  I have a serious problem with girls in Boy Scout Troops because (a) they will be a distraction for the boys who are there to learn FROM MEN how to be MEN living by the Oath and Law, and (b) the kind of parents who will push their girls to join a Boy Scout Troop are the kind of parents who will want to Tear Down The Patriarchy by demanding that the standards change.  "Mile Swim? That's too far for my strong independent womyn-child Typhanee, BSA you need to make it a Half-Mile Swim! etc."  I really, really hate to use the SJW term "Safe space," but frankly Boy Scout Troops are the only safe space for boys to learn from men how to be men under the Scout Oath and Scout Law.  Let BSA spin up girl-only Troops and keep boy troops boy-only, and don't change the standards, and I'm fine with it.
If you had read the various information carefully, you would know your concern is not a concern.  Because your last sentence is what they are doing.
I have read a lot of information very carefully, and I have also asked around from my District and Council personnel.  THEY tell me that regardless of what BSA HQ says, the "single-gender Troops" is a smokescreen designed to fail, and "girl patrols in existing Boy Scout Troops" is coming no matter what.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
THIS!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you read the press release carefully.

1.  Cub Scouts is not Boy Scouts.  Cubs scouts have dens and packs.  Dens will be all-boy or all-girl.  Packs (which is a combination of dens) can choose whether to be co-ed at the PACK level.  Dens will NOT be co-ed.
2.  BSA is allowing all-girl troops to be formed under the BSA organization umbrella.

Girl Scouts and their organization  is NOT just a female version of Boy Scouts.  It is entirely different.

This is a good thing.
THIS!
But you just said your daughter isn't part of an all-girl den. Even though that is what the press releases stated would happen.

Sounds like Cub Scouts is already bending what they originally said (lied) about the implementation.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Another glue trap post as though we don't have enough agitator attention seekers
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
People here are dense.  Obviously as a parent you teach your children values. BUT, you also make conscience decisions to have your child around people who reinforce those values.  You spend time with families from your church, you join organizations that mirror your beliefs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hey Dad, if GSA is a Joke, get involved and make it great again.
View Quote
Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dead serious, I'm not a troll.  This is something I strongly believe in. Boy or girl, this is an opportunity for a whole new generation of kids to learn the values that many of us grew up with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanna know, OP.  Are you serious?

I'll respond if you're not trolling the hive.
Values....that is YOUR job to teach!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Good for you and your daughter OP.
Hope she has fun :)

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#16]
In the name of gender neutrality, social justice, equal opportunity and male shaming, girls should be allowed to enjoy and even dominate male centric activities.  To not do so is to defraud our girls of their just rights to enjoy what men have created and drive a stake into the heart of a much respected tradition.  That’s just not fair.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Obviously you lack an ability to comprehend what you read.  I said MORE.  I work 12 hour shifts,  We get up at 5am, out the door by 6am, back home after 6pm, homework, eat, clean up, spend what time we can together, then bed.
View Quote
Maybe not a troll thread....regardless-

Your wadded panties aside, you really can't comprehend that you're NOT spending more time with her, you're pawning her off to other adults to mind her? Interesting.
Now, on the other hand, if it's something she really wants to do, good for you for supporting her. You just chose an organization that sucks.

FYI 15'er, the announcement of accepting girls into Scouting the first time (last year) didn't go in favor of that poor decision, and as a result, your decision is questionable. Get your flame suit on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But you just said your daughter isn't part of an all-girl den. Even though that what the press releases stated.

Sounds like Cub Scouts is already bending what they originally said (lied) about the implementation.
View Quote
It's only been in effect for 2 months, how fast do you expect them to grow?  They currently have about 5 girls in her pack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you got any kids?

Any psychologist can tell you that there is a point around age 13 where parents' ability to influence their kids plummets because kids start being influenced by their peers.  You know, the kids they hang around with.  OP should be commended for trying to place his daughter with kids living by good values.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#20]
This shit being deemed acceptable is part of what's poisoning America.

"Boys" have nothing for themselves anymore... there's no acceptable group that allows them to just "be boys" and do guy/boy stuff.  The liberal progressives force their agenda into any nook or cranny they can and will stop at nothing until they've made everything accessible to their special snowflakes. Male bonding just isn't allowed and thus boys develop no identity as they become men.

We now have generations of "boys" in men's bodies yet they don't know how to be real men.  Hence the prevalence of soi-boys and pantywaste beta-cucks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Obviously you lack an ability to comprehend what you read.  I said MORE.  I work 12 hour shifts,  We get up at 5am, out the door by 6am, back home after 6pm, homework, eat, clean up, spend what time we can together, then bed.
View Quote
Too bad those Girl Scouts who go to school, some of whom have mothers that also work, hold their meetings during the middle of the day, only on week days.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Troll thread.  If not, please logout, delete your account, and go live your liberal life elsewhere.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My niece joined a Boy Scout troop.

As an Eagle Scout I approve.
View Quote
Sure you do, look where you live.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe not a troll thread....regardless-

Your wadded panties aside, you really can't comprehend that you're NOT spending more time with her, you're pawning her off to other adults to mind her? Interesting.
Now, on the other hand, if it's something she really wants to do, good for you for supporting her. You just chose an organization that sucks.

FYI 15'er, the announcement of accepting girls into Scouting the first time (last year) didn't go in favor of that poor decision, and as a result, your decision is questionable. Get your flame suit on.
View Quote
I'm not pawning her off, because I signed up to volunteer in her pack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]
There is a girl scouts usually meet around the same time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I remember in Boy Scouts, all we did was eat brownies
View Quote
That's not an appropriate activity for children.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
In on this one!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Girl Scouts is such a shit show, why wouldn't you send your daughter to Cub Scouts?  Although Cub Scouts is a far cry from the organization I grew up with, it is still a valuable organization for teaching our kids.  More power to ya, OP.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#29]
My daughter brought home a "JOIN CUB SCOUTS" flyer from school. I was still at work when my wife called me and talked to me about it. She had said it was for the Girl Scouts. So I said, sure, she can join.

To my dismay when I got home I saw the Cub Scouts paperwork sitting on the kitchen counter; I asked my wife where the Girl Scouts paperwork was. She pointed to the Cub Scout paperwork and said, 'Right there.' I frowned and had to tell her that it was for Cub Scouts. She argued with me and pointed to where it said girls could join. I laughed and said, Cub Scouts and the Boy Scouts are a bunch of left leaning cucks and that no daughter of mine was going to join the fucking Cub Scouts. If she wanted to join the Girl Scouts that was fine but not the Cub Scouts.

She got all upset with me and said that our daughter was going to be upset. I called my daughter downstairs; she had been playing in her room and then proceeded to explain to her that Cub Scouts used to be for boys and that they now let girls join. I asked her if she wanted to join the Cub Scouts which is supposed to be for boys or would she rather join the Girl Scouts for girls.

She stood there and thought for a moment and said, 'The Girl Scouts.'

I then tore up and threw out the Cub Scouts paperwork.

OP fails as a parent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have read a lot of information very carefully, and I have also asked around from my District and Council personnel.  THEY tell me that regardless of what BSA HQ says, the "single-gender Troops" is a smokescreen designed to fail, and "girl patrols in existing Boy Scout Troops" is coming no matter what.
View Quote
They sound like bitter, angry, old men.  I grew up in Boy Scouts in what is probably one of the more conservative districts around.  I earned my Eagle at 14.  I was in a Troop that got KICKED OUT of a Scout Ranch because of shenanigans.  Testosterone doesn't even begin to explain it.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of my troop's Alumni (we generally manage to keep in touch) agree this is a good thing.  Those who have daughters are even more enthusiastic about doing the same activities they did as a boy, or are doing as a father-son, with their female children.

In the fullness of time anything is possible. If so, let's cross the co-ed bridge then.

For now this is a good thing.  Girls BSA Troops provides opportunities not previously available to young women that many will be better off for experiencing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Had 2 sons that had alot of fun in the scouts. However, I'd be rethinking that shit today!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's only been in effect for 2 months, how fast do you expect them to grow?  They currently have about 5 girls in her pack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you just said your daughter isn't part of an all-girl den. Even though that what the press releases stated.

5 kids is not too small to be their own den.

My point is, BSA lied about the implementation, because the plan they released was never going to be the one that actually happened. As stated above, all-girl BS troops and packs isn't going to happen in the real-world, regardless of what BSA says.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"Yay! My kid and I are actively participating in the death of an age old American institution, and I came here to tell you all!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

(Removed -40xb).
View Quote
There's a line not to be crossed and you just jumped over it. I'm figuring his daughter is underage and you implying she will get pregnant not only shows your immaturity but also a negative image of the Boy Scouts. Go the fuck away.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Troll account. We should really blow this thread up! I mean full on crazy comments to pump the troll's numbers up. Do it for the children!

underscore says :"My daughter joined the cub scouts"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like it's time to change the name to just "Scouts"  leave the Boy/Girl off all together.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously have an issue with girls in the cub scouts?  How dense can you be?  It's a program that instills great values in children, and now they happen to allow girls to participate.
View Quote
False. The scouts haven't been even halfway decent for kids in 10-15 years. The scouts have been going downhill for awhile now and there's no turning back. The scouts aren't a political podium to stand on. It's about kids learning the values of life, spending time in the great outdoors, and helping build a strong community.

It's a Christian based organization, and it sneen steering away from that for years. It's turned into a group of millennial kids that are entitled now. Flame on
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously have an issue with girls in the cub scouts?  How dense can you be?  It's a program that instills great values in children, and now they happen to allow girls to participate.
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#39]
AND there's this....
Quoted:

But you just said your daughter isn't part of an all-girl den. Even though that is what the press releases stated would happen.

View Quote
Fucking Bingo! This is the reality of what they are trying and it's already looking like a failure, as GD predicted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There's a line not to be crossed and you just jumped over it. I'm figuring his daughter is underage and you implying she will get pregnant not only shows your immaturity but also a negative image of the Boy SJW Scouts. Go the fuck away.
View Quote
Fixed!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Locked: CoC #6 violations
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Unlocked: Request Made
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#44]
IATL
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
KNOCK OFF THE INSULTS OR YOU FACE SANCTIONS
View Quote
Can you please send this to whitehouse.gov?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#47]
No girl scouts?  Well, if the Cubs accept girls, then I don't care.   I hope she learns some outdoor skills.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Different Strokes For Different Folks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
KNOCK OFF THE INSULTS OR YOU FACE SANCTIONS
View Quote
Break the deal, face the wheel!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No; I need a culture that demonstrates those values.

That's one of the big reasons I moved the fuck out of "Progressive" Charlottesville.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top