Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a twitter account I've never used and just subscribed to steelers so I can give them what for, but I can't read anybody's responses to the team's posts. What am I doing wrong?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
fuck the shittsburg steelers!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking for what Tomlin said, otherwise it's hearsay.
View Quote
I seriously doubt he said that. Anybody going against standing for the anthem that way would be in for a shitstorm at the very least. He would be protesting against what they are protesting for...but they are doing it in the stupidest way possible that only harms the NFL owners and players...and their profits.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a twitter account I've never used and just subscribed to steelers so I can give them what for, but I can't read anybody's responses to the team's posts. What am I doing wrong?
View Quote
search #steelers
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I only use the app, but if you click on the original tweet, all of the responses to it should be visible.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Google is your friend.  It ain't hard. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt he said that. Anybody going against standing for the anthem that way would be in for a shitstorm at the very least. He would be protesting against what they are protesting for...but they are doing it in the stupidest way possible that only harms the NFL owners and players...and their profits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He stated he wanted unity with his team and was dissappointed when he didn't get it.   He is a shit stain coward. Screw him and the NFL. 

Syria has cheap real estate if it is too oppressive here. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
OR the OP could just post the appropriate content?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He stated he wanted unity with his team and was dissappointed when he didn't get it.   He is a shit stain coward. Screw him and the NFL. 

View Quote
If he really did say that what a fucking idiot. The guy that stood for the anthem can be unified for their cause AND respect the national anthem. That's the one and most important argument these idiots are forgetting.

So if you stand for the anthem you are now disrespecting Black people? A lot of people have gone full retard.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/25/steelers-coach-rips-afghan-war-vet-coming-locker-room-anthem/
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here you go.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The future is very bright for him with or without the NFL. 
View Quote
Yes.  He will do well outside of football unlike many of his current team members.  He just signed a new contract with the Steelers this year.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomlin Opening Statement: I’ve got a disappointed group in there and appropriately so. We fought our tails off, but wasn’t able to finish to finish the job. Faced a lot of adversity today, but most of it created by us. in the first half. I thought that we turned the ball over, you’re minus two in the first half, plus a blocked kick. You’re probably fortunate to be down by 10. We were. We allowed them to run the ball some. We settled those things down and fought our way back, and then wasn’t able to finish the job. You gotta give credit to those guys. They did a great job today, particularly in running the football. That’s unacceptable for us. We’ll absorb the negativity that comes with that. We own that. That’s National Football League play. You’ve got to stop the run. They utilized those two backs and really did a nice job and so I compliment them on that. We’ll assess this and hopefully grow from it and move forward, but make no mistake there’s disappointment today, and there should be. Ramon Foster went out with a thumb injury. Sean Davis went out with an ankle injury. They were unable to return. We had some other guys go down but were able to return. Well assess those the way we always do.

Question: The play at the end of the first half, did they explain why they reviewed that?

Tomlin: They did, but. I still really lack a little clarity there. I was told by an official that the half was over. That’s why we took our team off the field. And then they went into review mode and things of that nature. I’m not questioning whether or not they did the appropriate thing, it just was tough communicating during that time in terms of understanding what were the processes that produced the actions taken. I’m sure we’ll get clarity at some point.

Question: Was it a review, or just a plain rule?

Tomlin: I think in some way the play was reviewed. It was inside of two minutes and it was reviewed. How it got to that point, I didn’t get great clarity on and it’s nothing against Clete and that group. It was an awkward play and they did the best they could.

Question: Was it your decision to not come out for the anthem and what was your thinking with that?

Tomlin: No, it wasn’t my decision. Like most teams in the National Football League, we didn’t ask for this. This was placed upon us by circumstance. I heard rumblings of guys talking during the course of the day yesterday. My contention was that we would not allow politics to divide us. We’re football players. We’re a football team. If many of them felt like something needed to be done, I asked those guys to discuss it, and whatever they discussed that we have a hundred percent participation, or we do nothing. They discussed it for an appropriate length of time. They couldn’t come to an understanding, so they chose to remove themselves from it. They were not going to be disrespectful in the anthem, so they chose not to participate, but at the same time many of them were not going to accept the words of the president. So, we decided to sit it out, to not take the field, to remove ourselves from it, to focus on playing football. And so those were our intentions.

Question: Re: Villaneueva being on the field for the anthem:

Tomlin: Like I said, I was looking for a hundred percent participation. We’re going to be respectful of our football team. Man, these are divisive times in the United States. and it’s a shame, but it is, but we’re not politicians. We’re coaches and professional athletes. If those of us are individuals choose to participate in politics in some way, I’m going to be supportive of that, but when we come out of locker rooms, we come out of locker rooms to play football games, and to be quite honest with you I didn’t appreciate our football team being drug into politics this weekend. And I’m sure that’s a global perspective. But, we’re blessed to do this for a living, and so with that blessing comes responsibility. We understand that. We understand that we’re given a platform that’s a unique one. Many of us are called to maybe do things that we wouldn’t normally do because of that platform, where people apply pressure to us to do things because of that platform. The bottom line is we chose not to play ball today in that regard. Maybe we will, but today, we just said no.

Question: If he talked to league:

Tomlin: We didn’t keep secrets. I called the commissioner this morning and told him our intentions.

Question: Do you think any of that impacted your team?

Tomlin: I don’t. I really think that probably more than anything, it minimized it as a distraction for us. Once we came to that determination, it was business as usual. The big thing is that we remain united. These teams,this game of football is a unique one. We’re all blessed to be a part of it. We all get tolerances because of people that are different because of our association with ball. I think that anybody that’s involved with ball has a high level of tolerance, has a high level of understanding. We feel bad for people that aren’t involved in football, that don’t get an opportunity to have a brother that’s very different than him next to him that he has to rely on, so you gain an understanding. We will not be divided by this. We’ve got a group of men in there that come from different socioeconomic backgrounds, races, creed, ethnicities, and religions, and so forth. That’s football. That’s a lot of team sports. But because of our position, we get drugged into bullshit, to be quite honest with you. And so, some have opinions, some don’t. We wanted to protect those that don’t; we wanted to protect those that do. We came here to play a football game today, and that was our intentions. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cowboys Cardinals tonight!
View Quote
I plan to watch the first few minutes tonight just to see if Dallas has anyone 'takes dat nee' and what Jerry Jones' will do if one of his players does so. 

With wife beaters, underwear shoplifters, and assorted miscreants on the squad, it wouldn't surprise me if some do. If they do...it'll be interesting to see how Jones addresses it. Wouldn't surprise me if he hands out suspensions over it. Jones is pretty hard-corps patriotic.

I may just end up being disappointed. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes.  He will do well outside of football unlike many of his current team members.  He just signed a new contract with the Steelers this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The future is very bright for him with or without the NFL. 
His PR agent has probably had a raging money boner all day today.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Second thoughts for Ben. Maybe he couldn't sleep waiting for the ratings to come out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't understand how Tomlin could have been so completely tone-deaf about Pittsburgh fans and their values. 

This was 100% predictable.  Shitting on blue-collar values in Pittsburgh.  That will play well, for sure.
On the bright side, that part of Pennsylvania just moved a bit further from the Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin appeared to take a swipe at the Bronze Star recipient's decision in a post-game press conference. Tomlin told the media that, prior to kickoff Sunday, the Steelers held a team meeting and decided, though not unanimously, to not come out of the locker room for the national anthem. 

“Like I said, I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team,” Tomlin said when asked about Villanueva ignoring the order and coming out for the anthem.

Link to article
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Second thoughts for Ben. Maybe he couldn't sleep waiting for the ratings to come out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_1873-316925.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_1874-316926.JPG
View Quote
Pretty sure I saw him standing with hand on heart during anthem.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Time to change the team name to the New England Traitors.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If he really did say that what a fucking idiot. The guy that stood for the anthem can be unified for their cause AND respect the national anthem. That's the one and most important argument these idiots are forgetting.

So if you stand for the anthem you are now disrespecting Black people? A lot of people have gone full retard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steelers Coach Didn't Want Army Vet to Stand for Anthem
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#24]
If the Cowboys stand, not lock arms, place their hands over their hearts and not do the black panther fist, I will officially become a Cowboys fan.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Easy tiger, the Pats are tah best
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Villanueva has probably scraped goat shit off his boot that had more class than Tomlin.

The Pats got booed at home.  Screw them too.
Easy tiger, the Pats are tah best
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Villanueva was the only Steeler that stood.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If the Cowboys stand, not lock arms, place their hands over their hearts and not do the black panther fist, I will officially become a Cowboys fan.
View Quote
I hope Jones makes an example out of anyone who sits or kneels. Wish Ross wasn't a fucking SJW. Pisses me off
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Just another reason to hate tomlin.  I felt he was given the job because of his skin color.  Shit like this shows me he believes in race before common sense. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If the Steelers dont get booed to shit their own fans next home game I will be very disappointed.
View Quote
What fans, no one will show up..... NFL died yesterday
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I plan to watch the first few minutes tonight just to see if Dallas has anyone 'takes dat nee' and what Jerry Jones' will do if one of his players does so. 

With wife beaters, underwear shoplifters, and assorted miscreants on the squad, it wouldn't surprise me if some do. If they do...it'll be interesting to see how Jones addresses it. Wouldn't surprise me if he hands out suspensions over it. Jones is pretty hard-corps patriotic.

I may just end up being disappointed. 
View Quote
Another option is to not watch and then read about if anyone took a knee...every lost viewer makes a difference.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
What a dipshit Rothlesberger is. I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Cheaters before cheating was cool...
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
fuck the shittsburg steelers!
View Quote
Lol!  Ohio...
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hope Jones makes an example out of anyone who sits or kneels. Wish Ross wasn't a fucking SJW. Pisses me off
View Quote
Me too...I'm afraid though I'm going to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't go that far, being a life long Packers fan, but it would go a long ways towards me not always hating them....

On a side note, it was really weird when I turned on the Packer game (briefly) last night only to see Tony Romo in the broadcast booth!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see if I can find the pic.  The rest of the team is behind him standing, some with hands on hearts.

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Steelers fan my entire life.  

They are dead to me as of yesterday.  Between Tomlin pulling this shit and Bill Cowher reading the tele-prompter like a good boy, fuck them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me. I was a Steelers fan until yesterday. NFL can die. MLB and NBA can die.
Steelers fan my entire life.  

They are dead to me as of yesterday.  Between Tomlin pulling this shit and Bill Cowher reading the tele-prompter like a good boy, fuck them.
Me too. Bunch of over paid narcissistic hood rats.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Delete
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What a dipshit Rothlesberger is. I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway.
View Quote

He's just pissed the Ranger made them all looks like a bunch of chumps.  

He would have been able to sleep last night if he had any backbone and made the right decision to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mike Tomlin, what a POS...
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll see if I can find the pic.  The rest of the team is behind him standing, some with hands on hearts.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/25/16/44AE79BD00000578-4917046-The_remainder_of_the_team_was_either_in_the_locker_room_or_stand-a-9_1506352303135.jpg
View Quote
A bunch of pussies hiding in the tunnel.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
People will publicly scold the NFL, but privately will quietly refrain from missing "muh football".
View Quote
My prediction as well
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup, or if Jerry Jones actually cans anyone for anything
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If the Steelers dont get booed to shit their own fans next home game I will be very disappointed.
View Quote
Would be better yet if the players come out to an empty stadium !!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some will show up, but knowing the Steelers fans I am familiar with, and knowing many probably feel the same way, I Think Pittsburg is going to get a Pennsylvania fucking that would make Joe Pa blush....ay least in the PR and revenue departments.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#47]
You know the thugs are going to make Villanueva pay for his loyalty to our country and its combat veterans...

I hope he quits football and runs for congress....I would love to see a man like him displace Paul Ryan in WI but

there are thousands of districts that would benefit by having someone of his character represent them in the house.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole team stayed in the locker room except the one guy who came out of the tunnel. BR didn't stand for shit. And I'm guessing the whole "he couldn't sleep" feelings started after the backlash.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/25/16/44AE79BD00000578-4917046-The_remainder_of_the_team_was_either_in_the_locker_room_or_stand-a-9_1506352303135.jpg
I'd almost bet that they decided to hide in the tunnel (for a "surprise" photo op) after the Ranger walked out there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Here are your Patriots last Sunday at Houston.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top