Sigh...,

The Crown was so innocent ...

Sorry, couldn't keep out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhQbvVRw0UE
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Which IRA?  Micheal Collin's IRA?  The Post Irish Free State IRA or the Provos?  Lots of groups have claimed the mantle of the IRA?  It goes back to the Fenians  in hte 1870's according to some.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sigh...,

View Quote
Libyan Marxist Terrorist!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Micheal Collins' IRA was the best IRA, according to the movie. 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117039/
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, even Paul McCartney sang, "Give Ireland back to the Irish."
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You don't get to say, "We sent millions to death squads in El Salvador ..."
View Quote
Educate me.

Tell me about the millions we sent to death squads in El Salvador.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Seemed inept to me.  I think they are known for their failures than successes - they were/are the Evil Knievels of the terrorist world.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Educate me.
View Quote
The U.S. must've sent a lot of money, since their currency is the US Dollar.

This unit was trained by SF and 82nd: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlacatl_Battalion
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This unit was trained by SF and 82nd: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlacatl_Battalion
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Educate me.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At about 20 civilian deaths per year they werent exactly running up a huge death toll. Thats Friday night numbers in the Windy City....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
antiFa with bombs and machineguns and a penchant for killing innocent people..
At about 20 civilian deaths per year they werent exactly running up a huge death toll. Thats Friday night numbers in the Windy City....
Well.that makes em OK...stand up guys, the lot of em..
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#14]
A bunch of commie assholes who liked targeting innocent people. They were terrorists before it was cool. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sigh...,

View Quote
Well the Crown did bring about the IRA and Loyalists did start the shit in '69 that brought about the Provo and INLA.

People are right when they say a large number of civilians were killed, more than double the number of either the militants or the UK security forces killed actually.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck the British army. Up the RA
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seemed inept to me.  I think they are known for their failures than successes - they were/are the Evil Knievels of the terrorist world.

https://img.memecdn.com/i-wish-i-had-a-ira-bf_c_7171808.jpg
View Quote
Tell that to 2nd Para.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
And who were they fighting?

Probably folks who were supported by the "freedom loving peoples" that made the rifles in this photograph.

Can't blame American gun stores for this one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]
The modern iterations, 1960s onward, are marxist shitstains funded by the likes of Quadaffi and Brezhnev.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well the Crown did bring about the IRA and Loyalists did start the shit in '69 that brought about the Provo and INLA.

People are right when they say a large number of civilians were killed, more than double the number of either the militants or the UK security forces killed actually.
View Quote
Check who actually killed them, not what the papers or the official record says, but the people who were there, they tell a different story. Fuck the Brits! What's the tally, the Brits have invaded all but 22 countries on the planet?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As opposed to the jihadi Taliban scum AMERICAN tax dollars funded in the mid 80s? Which was about the same time we were supplying weapons to our good friends in Iran and intelligence to Saddam? Which was about the same time we were funding Salvadoran death squads....

Context is somewhat important.
View Quote
You need to check your facts.

The taliban didn't exist in the 80s. Communism was the greater threats
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Said the heroic plastic paddy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Said the heroic plastic paddy.
View Quote
I got your plastic paddy swingin'
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
"In the early 1990s, the Commission on the Truth for El Salvador (UNTC) investigated war crimes during the civil war. Their report concludes that the Battalion was responsible for the El Mozote massacre, the El Calabozo massacre, and the murder of six Jesuit priests. The Battalion was also implicated in the killing of "some 50 civilians on the banks of the Guaslinga river".[4] Human Rights Watch linked Atlacatl to additional massacres not cited in the UNTC report: dozens killed in Tenancingo and Copapayo in 1983, 68 in Los Llanitos, and three separate killings in 1989"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlacatl_Battalion

You can believe the Truth Commission report or not but most observers agree that the American trained and funded Atlacatl Battallion murdered hundreds of their countrymen including men, women and children.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd rather talk to you about unnecessary apostrophes.

View Quote
And missing periods.

.                   .                      .
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#27]
"Could you go a chicken sandwich Bobby Sands?"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Civil War and chit....

Funny front sight in that AK
View Quote
John Brown Gun Club special model
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#29]
90% of their funding came from the USSR, the other 10% from the U.S., through various groups. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Depends on which IRA you are talking about. The Provos killed less than 2,000  between their founding in 1969 and their disarmament in 1997, 1,100 of those were soldiers or security personnel. They killed less than 700 civilians, many of whom were associated with militias, the government etc...not exactly "blameless" in the whole affair. That hardly makes them blood thirsty terrorists who murdered civilians at every opportunity. If that were actually the case, the body count is pretty damn small, it doesn't compute....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"In the early 1990s, the Commission on the Truth for El Salvador (UNTC) investigated war crimes during the civil war. Their report concludes that the Battalion was responsible for the El Mozote massacre, the El Calabozo massacre, and the murder of six Jesuit priests. The Battalion was also implicated in the killing of "some 50 civilians on the banks of the Guaslinga river".[4] Human Rights Watch linked Atlacatl to additional massacres not cited in the UNTC report: dozens killed in Tenancingo and Copapayo in 1983, 68 in Los Llanitos, and three separate killings in 1989"

You can believe the Truth Commission report or not but most observers agree that the American trained and funded Atlacatl Battallion murdered hundreds of their countrymen including men, women and children.
View Quote
I asked about the millions of dollars we sent to the Death Squads.

I'm already familiar with Atlacatl.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Check my post above.

That "American trained and funded" unit was fighting people who carried AK-47s.

Weren't no imports from Century back then, especially with 3 selector positions.

Dead commies are good commies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You need to check your facts.

The taliban didn't exist in the 80s. Communism was the greater threats
View Quote
So, MAYBE CONTEXT DOES MATTER?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Probably folks who were supported by the "freedom loving peoples" that made the rifles in this photograph.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
According to Wikipedia, their enemy was the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN), a coalition or "umbrella organization" of five left-wing guerrilla groups, although the Salvadoran Civil War was ongoing prior to the FMLN's formation in 1980. The oldest such group (FPL) features a Soviet hammer and sickle on their flag, so I'm sure your theory about the AKs is correct.

Looks like the 2 most common weapons in that conflict were AKMs and M16A1s, used by both sides.

The full-fledged civil war lasted for more than 12 years and saw extreme violence from both sides. It also included the deliberate terrorizing and targeting of civilians by death squads, recruitment of child soldiers and other violations of human rights, mostly by the military. An unknown number of people disappeared during the conflict, and the UN reports that more than 75,000 were killed. The United States contributed to the conflict by providing large amounts of military aid to the government of El Salvador during the Carter and Reagan administrations.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So, MAYBE CONTEXT DOES MATTER?
View Quote
Now you're stepping on your own ovaries.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks like the 2 most common weapons in that conflict were AKMs and M16A1s, used by both sides.
View Quote
Lots of FNs and Galils, too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Check my post above.

That "American trained and funded" unit was fighting people who carried AK-47s.

Weren't no imports from Century back then, especially with 3 selector positions.

Dead commies are good commies.
View Quote
Certainly some of them were communists. Even the children at Mozote. So, murdering them, in that CONTEXT, was just fine? As long as your consistent, I got no problem with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Certainly some of them were communists. Even the children at Mozote. So, murdering them, in that CONTEXT, was just fine? As long as your consistent, I got no problem with it.
View Quote
War isn't murder, unless, of course, you're a faggot commie.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This 110%
View Quote
Yup.

Realize that when you're white and don't like the Brits and you're located in Ireland you're sort of limited to who you can be allied with.  So who hates the Brits and the west?  Those whacky Soviets and their sympathizers and those whacky dictators in the middle East but Lybia in Africa was quite sympathetic for various reasons.  The only other supporters are Irish heritage folks in the US who can be convinced that sending money and guns to fight for Irish independence is a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Depends on which IRA you are talking about. The Provos killed less than 2,000  between their founding in 1969 and their disarmament in 1997, 1,100 of those were soldiers or security personnel. They killed less than 700 civilians, many of whom were associated with militias, the government etc...not exactly "blameless" in the whole affair. That hardly makes them blood thirsty terrorists who murdered civilians at every opportunity. If that were actually the case, the body count is pretty damn small, it doesn't compute....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many civillian deaths would it take to change your mind?  What exact number would it be before it became wrong?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And missing periods.

.                   .                      .
View Quote
Missed periods
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Now you're stepping on your own ovaries.
View Quote
No, you're the one that said context means nothing. Dirty terrorists are terrorists, forever and always and it's ok to send money to murder children in El Salvador but not in Northern Ireland. Either both are ok or neither are, or maybe context does matter?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How many civillian deaths would it take to change your mind?  What exact number would it be before it became wrong?
View Quote
Will is probably of the anarcho-communist orientation, and likes omelettes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, you're the one that said context means nothing. Dirty terrorists are terrorists, forever and always and it's ok to send money to murder children in El Salvador but not in Northern Ireland. Either both are ok or neither are, or maybe context does matter?
View Quote
Provide proof that the US funded the communist IRA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh... This thread got good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Might as well also throw this out there regarding the Brits treatment of some Irish prisoners: The five techniques
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

War isn't murder, unless, of course, you're a faggot commie.
View Quote
War is the same thing as murdering women and children? Show me where in US Military Doctrine that's an acceptable strategy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Provide proof that the US funded the communist IRA.
View Quote
I realize this wasn't addressed to me.
It wasn't the US government, but there was financial aid collected from the United States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NORAID
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

War is the same thing as murdering women and children? Show me where in US Military Doctrine that's an acceptable strategy.
View Quote
Show me where we directly did such a thing, aside from our outright decimation of the German industrial machine in WW2.

However, I'd certainly think that at this point, the GWOT would've been better fought if we'd treated Iraqi and Afghani cities like Dresden.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
More than 20 a year when many of those are arguable as being government administrators, associated with paramilitaries, informants etc....I keep hearing that they were practically blood thirsty savages who dreamed of killing innocent civilians by the tens of thousands, but the evidence doesn't bear that out. Some perspective is necessary.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top