User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No hair.
View Quote
Haha.  My first thought was he was indeed talking about full on fur-burger, hairy AF tacos.  lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
In cuz' you nailed our household OP growing up.  

Now a llama and bigfoot taco thread... @NativeSonOK

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I love them.

Unfortunately, right now I have no molars to chew with and the hard shells hurt my gums so I have to go with soft ones.

God how I want teeth again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck yeah, they're good.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like ALL tacos. 
View Quote
this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I use ground beef 99% of the time, cook, add Alton Brown's taco potion. I use flour tortillas though, dont like corn tortillas hard or soft.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha I can make a pretty dang good tacos el pastor with my own smoked pork and self fried shells

I make white people tacos too; corn shells, ground beef, onions, ice berg lettuce shredded, diced tomatoes, olives, shredded cheese, sour cream and taco sauce.   So messy you hang over the plate.  Over stuffed and hardly traditional.  A smear of refried under the beef is good too.  

To go back to mom's kitchen the cheese would be any but commonly American slices that I had to dice up.   Hey it was the seventies when we did stuff like that and made "soup starter" crock pot soups.  Lots of London broil and fish.  Roasts on Sundays.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Hard shell tacos are for faggots and communists.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
You have no idea wtf you're talking about.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My anus throbs just looking at those.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I deep fry my soft corn tortilla shells and then fill them
With carne asada meat.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about "authentic" old-country tacos, hand-picked from a single 450-year-old taco tree by Juan Valdez' great grandpappy.

Nooooo....

I mean "old school" suburban, midwestern American tacos, like your mom used to make in the 70's and 80's out of ground beef, with the hard yellow-corn taco shells.

Tacos, mutherfucker!

Well if you do, may I strongly recommend Pace's Taco Cooking Sauce.  That shit is killer, man.  Beats the fuck out of the taco "kits" you see at the grocery store, Old El Paso or whatever.

Just brown a pound of ground beef, drain, add a cup of the Pace, and simmer.  Dice your maters, shred your lettuce, and warm your shells while simmering.

Dee-licious!
View Quote
So...Yankee Tacos. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We had taco night on Saturday. Can't beat Old El Paso just like moms used to make

ETA I have noticed they taste different than they used to. I think I'll try something else next time.
View Quote
That was the point of the thread, try the Pace stuff.  No more difficult than the kits, WAY better taste.  I'd even say ideal, for this type of taco.

I do sprinkle a little crushed red pepper on the ground beef before browning.  I put that shit on everything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#16]
This is correct
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#17]
As a beaner, I do love em. Especially shredded chicken in corn tortillas that are fried for like 10 secs dripping grease.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That was the point of the thread, try the Pace stuff.  No more difficult than the kits, WAY better taste.  I'd even say ideal, for this type of taco.

I do sprinkle a little crushed red pepper on the ground beef before browning.  I put that shit on everything.
View Quote
Git a rope....
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol, thought this about MILFs...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Just ran to the store cause of this thread.

Forgot the refried beans to try the soft/hard taco trick
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So...Yankee Tacos. 
View Quote
More like "everywhere outside the extreme southwest" until about 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Git a rope....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Git a rope....
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hardshell taco is best taco
View Quote

Pink Taco is the best taco...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#24]
For me, it's the opposite.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Broke ass ghetto taco's for the win!

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
re-fried beans
View Quote
Keep your chihuahua diarrhea away from my tacos!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I love whitey tacos. I use actual spices and cook the meat in a pressure cooker. It gives the meat a different texture, like the fat infuses the meat. I have never met a taco I didn't like though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Taco Tuesday FTMFW!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Came to post this.  One of the few things good about living in CA.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Hard shells disgust me. I loathed eating tacos as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love whitey tacos. I use actual spices and cook the meat in a pressure cooker. It gives the meat a different texture, like the fat infuses the meat. I have never met a taco I didn't like though.
View Quote
/giggle
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought this was going to be another shaved/not shaved thread.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#33]
We make them about once a month.  McCormick's taco seasoning, water, lean beef.  Add to shell with salad shreds, cheddar cheese, salsa, a dab of sour cream and hot sauce. Not bad for a regular run of the mill boring family meal.

But speaking of homemade mexican food:  Yesterday I made breakfast burritos, with steamed flour tortillas, fresh eggs, pan fried andouille sasuage, Tillamook cheddar and Tapatio sauce.  Holy moly, those were good.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#34]
All tacos are good.....ol' school Midwest tacos are great!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't eat honky tacos.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about "authentic" old-country tacos, hand-picked from a single 450-year-old taco tree by Juan Valdez' great grandpappy.

Nooooo....

I mean "old school" suburban, midwestern American tacos, like your mom used to make in the 70's and 80's out of ground beef, with the hard yellow-corn taco shells.

Tacos, mutherfucker!

Well if you do, may I strongly recommend Pace's Taco Cooking Sauce.  That shit is killer, man.  Beats the fuck out of the taco "kits" you see at the grocery store, Old El Paso or whatever.

Just brown a pound of ground beef, drain, add a cup of the Pace, and simmer.  Dice your maters, shred your lettuce, and warm your shells while simmering.

Dee-licious!
View Quote

i remember my mom buying the "packages " of tacos, spice and such in the grocery store..loved them ..until one of those razor sharp thing (hard taco shell)..stabbed my gums...fuck that!  soft tacos only...if I want foor that fights back, it would be my wife...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I delight in all manifestations of the Epicurian arts.

Get both.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess I kinda get the nostalgic aspect of it (these were a staple of my childhood), but...yeah. The real thing is better. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Those aren't tacos. Those are "renditions" of tacos. Ever buy a hamburger in France? They're not hamburgers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Those aren't tacos. Those are "renditions" of tacos. Ever buy a hamburger in France? They're not hamburgers.
View Quote
I could be wrong, too lazy to look it up, but aren't tacos an American creation anyway?  Fake Mexican food from the get-go?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't eat honky tacos.
View Quote
 I live in South Texas, I can't *find* honky tacos. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Making some tonight!

I still have to have what I call "mexican relish" as a topping which is onion, celentro, fresh lime juice, salt and pepper though.

Love every kind of taco.
My GF makes a mean seasoning for the meat.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I still love cheap tacos. I just made some the other day and had left overs for lunch. The New Stand and Stuff shells are awesome. You can really fill them up. I usually do both hard and soft. Kids love the crunchy. Wife and I usually do one or two of each. I bough some corn tortilas this time. Crisped up in a frying pan they are pretty good. I really need to try to make some nicer tacos.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Yep, they're good.

A trick I learned is good with them-- heat a can of refried beans when youre cooking the taco meat. Once the meat is cooked, take a few tablespoons of the seasoned grease that the ground beef puts out and mix it in the beans. I don't mix the salsa or taco sauce in with the meat or anything, just season the meat heavily, so there isnt salsa or such in the bean mix.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#45]
My mom used flour tortillas and fried them with ground hamburger in them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#46]
There's a couple places around here that make really good fried tacos.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I like ALL tacos. 
View Quote
This
ETA: Chicken tacos- boneless skinless chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in the slow cooker all day, shred it, then add it to sour cream, olives, lettuce and cheese on a flour tortilla.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I like them all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#50]
My momma never made "hard" tacos..
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top