Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
He got it on! Screen name?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Texas 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
My question is, was the homeowner just sitting around with a rifle in his hands waiting for these dudes or what? 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. Sounds like he knew it was coming. Pissed off some local yutes? Waiting for them in the front yard? With an Ar 15  handily stashed behind the yard Yeti? Real lucky...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
And I bet he used more than 10rounds. 

Off to troll FB
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My question is, was the homeowner just sitting around with a rifle in his hands waiting for these dudes or what? 
View Quote
The story makes it sound like he had his rifle loaded and in hand when they started shooting.  He shot them as they were driving by.

Good for him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Having a rifle handy is a good idea in Houston.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Interesting. Sounds like he knew it was coming. Pissed off some local yutes? Waiting for them in the front yard? With an Ar 15  handily stashed behind the yard Yeti? Real lucky...
View Quote
Or this is not the first time these "aspiring rappers" have attacked him. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait you don't just sit around with a rifle in your hands?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#12]
40 rounds and not one hit. If you'Re gonna gangsta, you should probably invest in some training first....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I like to sit in my front yard with an AR waiting for a random drive-by shooter too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only when pooping. I refuse to get gunned down on the toilet. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Driving Nissan Altima...      

Enough said at that point...  

Glad the bad guys got all ventilated and not the good guy!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Nissan Altima. 

Impressive shooting. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#19]
That's your feel good story for the day.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes we do.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Screen name of victim?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Forgot about that. 

@joshv06 you need a medal? 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Something seems fishy about this, but good shoot based on the available info! 

In before the Texas hate! 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Forgot about that. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I asked in the thread.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you NOT sit out front with a lawn chair and rifle just because??

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I asked in the thread.
View All Quotes
I just caught up on it. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm all for happy endings and all, but, the writer of that story "Rafael" is a real dumbass. Instead of starting off with some background information like who, what, when , and where like most news reports, this goof ball starts making stupid editorial comments like "In a Wild-West inspired gun duel...." So, this wasn't a drive-by shooting, it was a "Wild West gun duel?"
And then goes on with "...the homeowner was able to successfully defend himself using his trusty AR-15...."  Really? What a stupid and irrelevant remark for a journalist to make. Even the video failed to start off the story with some background info. and the TV reporters act as if the TV audience already knows the details of this story.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Is it a normal thing for Houstoners to sit on front porches with AR15's on the ready?

There is more to this story.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm all for happy endings and all, but, the writer of that story "Rafael" is a real dumbass. Instead of starting off with some background information like who, what, when , and where like most news reports, this goof ball starts making stupid editorial comments like "In a Wild-West inspired gun duel...." So, this wasn't a drive-by shooting, it was a "Wild West gun duel?"
And then goes on with "...the homeowner was able to successfully defend himself using his trusty AR-15...."  Really? What a stupid and irrelevant remark for a journalist to make. Even the video failed to start off the story with some background info. and the TV reporters act as if the TV audience already knows the details of this story.
View Quote
He went to the Massad Ayoob school of journalism. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is most epic when you are hunkered down in the bushes with your rifle, in the rain, at night.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Good shoot, minus the third thug surviving.

I used to drive an Altima...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Funny how many times the news media when doing their reporting will attempt to chiseles away at the truth, such as in this report the on site reporter says the home owner my not be charged in this shooting, instead of mentioning the word defensive shooting.  Sometimes I'm sure it is done innocently as they might not fully understand the situation they are reporting,  The station reporter seemed to set it straight as she was pro home owner.   Same thing as a recent other defensive shooting where I saw a news reporter actually used the word murdered in a police defensive shooting where a policeman used justified lethal force where the perp died doing what he loved.  I guess he could of accidentally used the wrong word however I felt he was trying to fan the flames of police abuse.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Falling Down (5/10) Movie CLIP - You Missed (1993) HD
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you NOT sit out front with a lawn chair and rifle just because??

View Quote
You don't? 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And then goes on with "...the homeowner was able to successfully defend himself using his trusty AR-15...."  Really? What a stupid and irrelevant remark for a journalist to make.
View Quote
That's standard liberal snarkiness.

If you don't mock the gunowner with cartoonish cliches like "packing heat", "slinging lead" or "got the drop on them", your readers might get the mistaken inpression that you approve of his/her actions.

Civillian gun ownership and use must always be portrayed as being eccentric, illicit, slightly sinister - or just plain wacky.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Forgot about that. 

@joshv06 you need a medal? 
View All Quotes
Well I was trying my best to match up house in the news report to the correct house on google maps and couldn't for some reason. But looking at the houses in the area, none of them have a wooden fence like the one in the videos from joshv06. I also can't find the speed bump the car went over in one of the videos. Might just be a strange coincidence.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it wasn't for the posted video, I would have sworn that was fake news. Sources, names, the ability to confirm facts, it's actually important, There is nothing in the written article I would have believed if it stood alone.

ETA: There's nothing about that article that is journalistic. It reads as if it was copied and pasted from a Facebook post, but I guess that's what passes for for news today; from the MSM to linked website and everywhere between.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#39]
VIDEO BUTTON ON THAT WEBSITE HAS A VIRUS THAT NEARLY LOCKED MY COMPUTER
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck yeah!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#42]
why-all-the-hyphens-and-lack-of-capitalization-in-the-thread-title
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#43]
This guy needs to train police to shoot.
He is saving Texas mucho $ .
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I was thinking too.  More to the story?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I keep an AR handy when I am inside my house but not outside...I must be doing it wrong....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you don't mock the gunowner with cartoonish cliches like "packing heat", "slinging lead" or "got the drop on them", your readers might get the mistaken inpression that you approve of his/her actions.

Civillian gun ownership and use must always be portrayed as being eccentric, illicit, slightly sinister - or just plain wacky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And then goes on with "...the homeowner was able to successfully defend himself using his trusty AR-15...."  Really? What a stupid and irrelevant remark for a journalist to make.

Did you read the article?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Great job any graduation pictures of the drive by shooters or more to the story.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#48]
If it's anything like Dallas, he or his neighbors probably gets rounds in the house all the time and just happened to ready and when he shot back, they opened up too. Thing is, they'd probably all been drinking, popping off wild unaimed shots with pos guns and this dude had a rifle and knew how to aim.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He got it on! Screen name?
View Quote
No shit

New screen name will be 'GettinItOn.'
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Definitely a lot of missing details to this good shoot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top