Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/21/2017 9:21:49 AM EDT
Gov. Chris Christie on Monday pardoned two more out-of-state residents -- both military veterans -- who were convicted of carrying their legally owned firearms into New Jersey.

The Republican governor pardoned both Michael A. Golden of New Mexico and James Michael Thaddeus Peterson of North Carolina.

Golden, 68, was arrested in November 2013 for having a handgun in a Mahwah hotel room in November 2013. Golden, who served as a U.S. Army medic in Vietnam and received a Purple Heart, was sentenced to one year of probation and was fined.

Pederson, 42, was arrested in July 2014 in Runnemede for possessing a handgun after an altercation involving a traffic incident. Pederson, who was a corporal in the Marine Corps and now serves as Director of Veterans Services for Moore County in North Carolina, was also sentenced to one year of probation and was fined.

Under New Jersey law, people with gun permits from out of state must keep their weapons unloaded and locked in their vehicle's trunk or stored in a secure container when they travel through the Garden State.

Christie has now signed 14 gun-related pardons in his seven and a half years as governor. Most have come in the years since he announced his bid for the Republican nomination for president in 2015. During the campaign, Christie vowed to pardon any legal gun owner ensured by New Jersey's notoriously tough gun laws, which are among the strictest in the nation.
View Quote
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/06/christie_once_again_pardons_out-of-staters_on_gun.html#incart_river_home
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Well at least that fat fuck did something right for once.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep on winning MAGA.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Once?

He's been pardoning people on these charges for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Once?

View Quote
. Has he pardoned everyone that got caught up in NJ bullshit?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Once?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once?

Too bad he's taking his sweet ass time doing it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once?

I don't know about that but VooDoo is right.........he has been doing this.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Once?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once?

So instead of working to get unconstitutional laws repealed, he would prefer act like a king and pardon people on his own political convenience.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Once?

View Quote
Do we know why? The laws are probably a violation of the constitution, but I find it very shady he is pardoning people who violate those laws. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and I think he doesn't do anything unless it benefits him somehow. I can't imagine the people in his state like him giving special treatment to people from other states.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Even a broke clock is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So instead of working to get unconstitutional laws repealed, he would prefer act like a king and pardon people on his own political convenience.
View Quote
Lol. You can't win in GD.

He did block some legislation a while back from what I recall. A 50 cal ban or something? Maybe one of the NJ members can step in on that cause I'm 100%. The guy is doing best he can in a state saturated with commies that hate icky guns. Good on him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice . It is good to hear positive news from the east coast .
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once?

I wonder why...

Currently, the Democrats are the majority party in both Houses. In the Senate there are 24 Democrats and 16 Republicans. There are 52 Democrats and 28 Republicans serving in the General Assembly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do we know why? The laws are probably a violation of the constitution, but I find it very shady he is pardoning people who violate those laws. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and I think he doesn't do anything unless it benefits him somehow. I can't imagine the people in his state like him giving special treatment to people from other states.
View Quote
Well since you hell bent on fighting the facts.........why do you think he is doing this???
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Christie has now signed 14 gun-related pardons in his seven and a half years as governor. Most have come in the years since he announced his bid for the Republican nomination for president in 2015. During the campaign, Christie vowed to pardon any legal gun owner ensured by New Jersey's notoriously tough gun laws, which are among the strictest in the nation.
View Quote
And the motivation for his pardons was pure politics.
Does the OP not remember his infamous anti gun position back when he was running for the state assembly?

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Does the OP not remember his infamous anti gun position back when he was running for the state assembly?

https://thepatriotperspective.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/chrischristieonguns.png
View Quote
Yeah.  Fuck Crispy Creme with a culvert.  

I also find it funny the antiweed absolutists "we must enforce the laws" are happy about someone arbitrarily deciding who the law applies to.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://thepatriotperspective.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/chrischristieonguns.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was from 1993; he's evolved.
You don't understand how politics work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see your sarcasm and will add this nice summary of Crispy Cream's political career.

Portrait of the Governor as a Young Man

Chris Christie's forgotten early years of scandal and failure.

By OLIVIA NUZZI

February 13, 2014

In April 1995, Chris Christie had only been a freeholder for two months. But Anthony Bucco, a former mayor and freeholder, had only himself entered the State Assembly that January to fill a vacant seat. Christie thought he had spotted another soft target.

Bucco, now 75, speaks with a thick accent and sports a weathered, quintessential Jersey visage. He told me that he had worked on Christie’s campaign for freeholder, and so he was “very surprised” when Christie decided to challenge him for the State Assembly seat. “[Christie] was very aggressive, as he is today. He was determined to win it. … There was a little brashness about him.”

Christie teamed up with Richard Merkt, a legislative aide, to run against the team of Bucco and Michael Patrick Carroll, who, upon learning that Christie had entered the race, was quoted as asking, “He’s been a freeholder for what, 20 minutes?”

Back then, Carroll was known for his staunchly conservative views (he’s a Civil War re-enactor with children named Benjamin Franklin and Robert E. Lee), which he often expressed in the opinion pages of the Daily Record. But today, Carroll is one of the four Republicans on the committee investigating Governor Christie over Bridgegate.

Christie and Merkt attacked Bucco and Carroll for what they called a “Guns for Votes” campaign, claiming they had a “radical plan to legalize assault weapons.” And they touted the fact that they had never voted to increase taxes—though Christie, having been in public office “for what, 20 minutes?” had not had many opportunities to vote, and Merkt, having never held public office, had not had any opportunities to vote at all.

Bucco and Carroll hit back, dinging Christie as a “perennial candidate” with bottomless pockets (he’d spent $60,000 of his own funds on his freeholder race the previous year). “If all you need to be a legislator is a lot of money and uncontrolled ambition, “Bucco told the Daily Record, “I think the state is in trouble.”

Christie’s biggest mistake, Carroll told me, was his positioning as a pro-choice, anti-gun candidate. “As you might gather, in a conservatively dominated primary, that’s not really a high-profile way to win an election,” he said. “So, I question the political good sense of having run such a campaign.”

For Merkt, who soon turned against his running mate, the issue was Christie’s inexperience. “One would think that you would want to spend a little time in office before you took the next step, and [going from freeholder to State Assembly] is a fairly big step,” he told me, shaking his head. “It proved to be a race filled with errors and misjudgments on our part, and we got shellacked.”

Perhaps the biggest misstep was underestimating how much bad blood there was in the wake of Christie’s vicious freeholder campaign. His liberal views on abortion and guns might have been a tough sell among Morris conservatives, but they didn’t make him enemies. It was the Cissy Laureys affair that put a target on Christie’s back. “It left some long-term scars,” Merkt said.

Come primary day, Christie received just 4,376 votes, finishing dead last out of the four candidates. “The voters didn’t want the dirty tricks,” Bucco boasted after Christie’s defeat. “June 6, 1995 put the end to that type of campaigning in Morris County.”

Christie returned to his post as freeholder to serve out the remainder of his term. When it came time to run again, Merkt remembered, “believe me, they couldn’t wait to see him bounced.”

In 1997, after three tumultuous years as freeholder—in which he was again sued, this time by an architect hired to design a new jail in Morris County—Christie was due for re-election. Republicans in Morris County were eager to push Christie out of the seat they believed he had obtained unfairly. They enlisted another Republican to primary Christie. “Everywhere I go,” one of Christie’s opponents was quoted as saying, “Chris is the issue.”

Cissy Laureys was intent on seeking revenge, and entered the race, releasing a series of advertisements reminding voters of Christie’s court-disapproved tactics. They read, “Is Chris Christie Really Sorry … Or Just Sorry He Keeps Getting Sued?”

Come primary day, Christie finished dead last, taking his running mate down with him. Laureys regained her seat. “When someone takes away your reputation, it’s something you never get back,” she said. “Republican voters of Morris County not only put me back in office, but they restored my good name.”

Christie arrived at the Republicans’ party to make his concession speech. It was an awkward scene, Christie told biographers Bob Ingle and Michael Symons. “[A]s I was walking off the stage, there was a guy standing by the stairs … and as I was walking down the steps, he was making kind of a kissing noise with his lips … And I kind of looked at him and I said, ‘what now, Chuck?’ And he goes, ‘that’s just me kissing your fucking career goodbye.’”

On a Saturday afternoon in late November, the phrase “Bridgegate” had yet to enter the political lexicon. But as Richard Merkt sat in a booth of a diner in Morris County and told me about the young future governor, he sounded just like the million pundits on cable everyday since the Fort Lee traffic scandal broke.

“He’s a racehorse,” Merkt said, his tone suggesting both admiration and disgust. “He’s basically someone who runs for a position so that he has that as a stepping stone to the next position.”

The racehorse has stumbled, and there’s nothing less intimidating than a horse on the ground. Unaware of how interesting such an idea would become in just a few short weeks, Merkt laughed, “He is vindictive when he’s not happy. He’d probably do something to me if he could, but he can’t.” He laughed again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Anti gun Liberal Democrats hold a very large majority of the seats in both houses of the state legislature.

If Christie were a real king all he'd need to do is enact pro gun legislation on his own and without their cooperation simply by waving his royal dick around while decreeing it to be so.

The next governor of that shithole of a state will almost certainly be a Democrat anyway and even the gubenatorial pardons will come to an end.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

It sounds like he might have....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I see your sarcasm and will add this nice summary of Crispy Cream's political career.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By OLIVIA NUZZI

February 13, 2014

In April 1995, Chris Christie had only been a freeholder for two months. But Anthony Bucco, a former mayor and freeholder, had only himself entered the State Assembly that January to fill a vacant seat. Christie thought he had spotted another soft target.

Bucco, now 75, speaks with a thick accent and sports a weathered, quintessential Jersey visage. He told me that he had worked on Christie’s campaign for freeholder, and so he was “very surprised” when Christie decided to challenge him for the State Assembly seat. “[Christie] was very aggressive, as he is today. He was determined to win it. … There was a little brashness about him.”

Christie teamed up with Richard Merkt, a legislative aide, to run against the team of Bucco and Michael Patrick Carroll, who, upon learning that Christie had entered the race, was quoted as asking, “He’s been a freeholder for what, 20 minutes?”

Back then, Carroll was known for his staunchly conservative views (he’s a Civil War re-enactor with children named Benjamin Franklin and Robert E. Lee), which he often expressed in the opinion pages of the Daily Record. But today, Carroll is one of the four Republicans on the committee investigating Governor Christie over Bridgegate.

Christie and Merkt attacked Bucco and Carroll for what they called a “Guns for Votes” campaign, claiming they had a “radical plan to legalize assault weapons.” And they touted the fact that they had never voted to increase taxes—though Christie, having been in public office “for what, 20 minutes?” had not had many opportunities to vote, and Merkt, having never held public office, had not had any opportunities to vote at all.

Bucco and Carroll hit back, dinging Christie as a “perennial candidate” with bottomless pockets (he’d spent $60,000 of his own funds on his freeholder race the previous year). “If all you need to be a legislator is a lot of money and uncontrolled ambition, “Bucco told the Daily Record, “I think the state is in trouble.”

Christie’s biggest mistake, Carroll told me, was his positioning as a pro-choice, anti-gun candidate. “As you might gather, in a conservatively dominated primary, that’s not really a high-profile way to win an election,” he said. “So, I question the political good sense of having run such a campaign.”

For Merkt, who soon turned against his running mate, the issue was Christie’s inexperience. “One would think that you would want to spend a little time in office before you took the next step, and [going from freeholder to State Assembly] is a fairly big step,” he told me, shaking his head. “It proved to be a race filled with errors and misjudgments on our part, and we got shellacked.”

Perhaps the biggest misstep was underestimating how much bad blood there was in the wake of Christie’s vicious freeholder campaign. His liberal views on abortion and guns might have been a tough sell among Morris conservatives, but they didn’t make him enemies. It was the Cissy Laureys affair that put a target on Christie’s back. “It left some long-term scars,” Merkt said.

Come primary day, Christie received just 4,376 votes, finishing dead last out of the four candidates. “The voters didn’t want the dirty tricks,” Bucco boasted after Christie’s defeat. “June 6, 1995 put the end to that type of campaigning in Morris County.”

Christie returned to his post as freeholder to serve out the remainder of his term. When it came time to run again, Merkt remembered, “believe me, they couldn’t wait to see him bounced.”

In 1997, after three tumultuous years as freeholder—in which he was again sued, this time by an architect hired to design a new jail in Morris County—Christie was due for re-election. Republicans in Morris County were eager to push Christie out of the seat they believed he had obtained unfairly. They enlisted another Republican to primary Christie. “Everywhere I go,” one of Christie’s opponents was quoted as saying, “Chris is the issue.”

Cissy Laureys was intent on seeking revenge, and entered the race, releasing a series of advertisements reminding voters of Christie’s court-disapproved tactics. They read, “Is Chris Christie Really Sorry … Or Just Sorry He Keeps Getting Sued?”

Come primary day, Christie finished dead last, taking his running mate down with him. Laureys regained her seat. “When someone takes away your reputation, it’s something you never get back,” she said. “Republican voters of Morris County not only put me back in office, but they restored my good name.”

Christie arrived at the Republicans’ party to make his concession speech. It was an awkward scene, Christie told biographers Bob Ingle and Michael Symons. “[A]s I was walking off the stage, there was a guy standing by the stairs … and as I was walking down the steps, he was making kind of a kissing noise with his lips … And I kind of looked at him and I said, ‘what now, Chuck?’ And he goes, ‘that’s just me kissing your fucking career goodbye.’”

On a Saturday afternoon in late November, the phrase “Bridgegate” had yet to enter the political lexicon. But as Richard Merkt sat in a booth of a diner in Morris County and told me about the young future governor, he sounded just like the million pundits on cable everyday since the Fort Lee traffic scandal broke.

“He’s a racehorse,” Merkt said, his tone suggesting both admiration and disgust. “He’s basically someone who runs for a position so that he has that as a stepping stone to the next position.”

The racehorse has stumbled, and there’s nothing less intimidating than a horse on the ground. Unaware of how interesting such an idea would become in just a few short weeks, Merkt laughed, “He is vindictive when he’s not happy. He’d probably do something to me if he could, but he can’t.” He laughed again.
Unless I just overlooked it, I don't see how this vindicates FCC's anti-gun views.

Someone who will compromise away your rights for their political advancement is not someone any of us give quarter to.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys sure know how to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#23]
repeal that stupid law, then he wont have to take a break from eating donuts to sign the pardon.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am no Christie fan but what can he do in a state where both houses have a huge dem majority?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Unless I just overlooked it, I don't see how this vindicates FCC's anti-gun views.

Someone who will compromise away your rights for their political advancement is not someone any of us give quarter to.
View Quote
Did you interpret my posts as being supportive of CC? Hi is the epitome of a conniving career politician of the RINO flavor.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is how I see it.

However, he is exercising his powers.  Getting those laws repealed requires cooperation from others...these pardons don't.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys sure know how to look a gift horse in the mouth.
View Quote
. Getting tossed a few scraps is hardly a gift horse.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once?

With your attitude, If I was him I'd just stop pardoning any of them. That make you feel better? As liberal a state as New Jersey is, I don't see their legislature ever changing their anti-gun laws any more than D.C., Maryland, or California. So, in places like that where there's no way to change things you'd prefer all or nothing? Yeah, good call.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

With your attitude, If I was him I'd just stop pardoning any of them. That make you feel better? As liberal a state as New Jersey is, I don't see their legislature ever changing their anti-gun laws any more than D.C., Maryland, or California. So, in places like that where there's no way to change things you'd prefer all or nothing? Yeah, good call.
View Quote
. He should pardon everyone that gets caught up in NJ bullshit or no one.  He's playing games.  "Oh look guys, I love our vets, vote for me next time."
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wonder why...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once?

I wonder why...

Currently, the Democrats are the majority party in both Houses. In the Senate there are 24 Democrats and 16 Republicans. There are 52 Democrats and 28 Republicans serving in the General Assembly.
But, but, but, you can't use facts. Facts only cloud the issue for numbskulls who don't have a working brain cell to produce logical thoughts to comprehend fundamental reality.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Why not just change the laws?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
You think you're gonna get better in NJ? Lol.

Wait till a Dem is governor again.

"Why doesn't he change the laws?"

You need a civics lesson.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Good for Him!

GD does not understand how politics are different from state to state.

In a lot of states Christie is left wing but in NJ he is as far right as you can get in that state and be elected to office.

Christie might not like the law but if he tried to change it it would be political suicide.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. My post still stands.  Crispy is a piece of shit.  He's not doing anything because it's right.  He's doing it because it's right for him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#36]
So he does nothing and takes a beating, he pardons these "crimes" and he takes a beating. No wonder we are not near as good as Democrats at rallying and getting things done.

Not a Christie fan but the dude is in arguably the worst liberal state there is, with a looney fringe democrat majority in both houses, in a State filled with people scared to death of any actual freedom and he is pardoning those on our side. I see that as deserving a compliment, not being ripped a new one.......
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did you interpret my posts as being supportive of CC? Hi is the epitome of a conniving career politician of the RINO flavor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all, and I agree with your assessment of the Fat Bastard.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By OLIVIA NUZZI

February 13, 2014

Bucco Sr and Jr are good people.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe because the voters elected an overwhelmingly Democratic state legislature.

State Senate: 24 Democrats and 16 Republicans

General Assembly: 52 Democrats and 28 Republicans

Yeah; why not just change the laws?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck Chris Christie.  He should have executive ordered his LEO's do disregard the anti-constitutional BS laws that NJ has to begin with.  Pardoning someone after you have fucked their for 4 years? And what good is it to pardon someone after they have served their sentence? So much WTF
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Anti gun Liberal Democrats hold a very large majority of the seats in both houses of the state legislature.

If Christie were a real king all he'd need to do is enact pro gun legislation on his own and without their cooperation simply by waving his royal dick around while decreeing it to be so.

The next governor of that shithole of a state will almost certainly be a Democrat anyway and even the gubenatorial pardons will come to an end.
View Quote
You sure he has one?

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You sure he has one?

http://i.imgur.com/dMLafLY.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure he has one?

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#43]
This is good.

Hopefully he works to change the laws.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well...there is this thing called reality.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You sure he has one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure he has one?

From the picture you've just posted anyone with can clearly see that Christie is pro-gunt.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#46]
A broken, fat clock is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Christie can't repeal the laws - that takes the legislature and to a certain extent, public will.

Christie can hand out pardons, though. Just wish he'd do it for in-staters, as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once?

Seems if you have a special status you do.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Too bad he's taking his sweet ass time doing it.
View Quote
This, but thank you for doing it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top