User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So instead of working to get unconstitutional laws repealed, he would prefer act like a king and pardon people on his own political convenience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well at least that fat fuck did something right for once.
Once?

He's been pardoning people on these charges for quite awhile.
So instead of working to get unconstitutional laws repealed, he would prefer act like a king and pardon people on his own political convenience.
He actually is trying to loosen the CCW laws,  but its not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lol. You can't win in GD.

He did block some legislation a while back from what I recall. A 50 cal ban or something? Maybe one of the NJ members can step in on that cause I'm 100%. The guy is doing best he can in a state saturated with commies that hate icky guns. Good on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did block some legislation a while back from what I recall. A 50 cal ban or something? Maybe one of the NJ members can step in on that cause I'm 100%. The guy is doing best he can in a state saturated with commies that hate icky guns. Good on him.
He could probably do some admin stuff to help the process along, but his hands are tied.

The next gov Murphy is gonna sign every anti gun bill he gets.  People will be wishing for Christie.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A broken, fat clock is right twice a day.
View Quote
Correct
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris Christie Takes Credit For Vetoing NJ Gun Ban That He Proposed
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is how I see it.

However, he is exercising his powers.  Getting those laws repealed requires cooperation from others...these pardons don't.
View Quote
Who gives orders to NJSP? As in, orders to not make horseshit arrests for firearms possession cases that wouldn't be crimes in civilized states?

F "I Ate The Second And Tenth Amendments" CC. If all he's going to do is a few token pardons, he needs to have his airway occluded by a dick-shaped mayonnaise-covered donut.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who gives orders to NJSP? As in, orders to not make horseshit arrests for firearms possession cases that wouldn't be crimes in civilized states?

F "I Ate The Second And Tenth Amendments" CC. If all he's going to do is a few token pardons, he needs to have his airway occluded by a dick-shaped mayonnaise-covered donut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is how I see it.

However, he is exercising his powers.  Getting those laws repealed requires cooperation from others...these pardons don't.

I dont believe any of these pardons were NJSP cases.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#7]
How about getting rid of the BS laws. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He could probably do some admin stuff to help the process along, but his hands are tied.

The next gov Murphy is gonna sign every anti gun bill he gets.  People will be wishing for Christie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some years back in NY we elected a pro gun Republican Governor (Pataki),who turned around and went to the legislature and pushed for an AWB,which he got and happily signed.

Moral of the story:If you want it bad enough,you'll do your best to push for it.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some years back in NY we elected a pro gun Republican Governor (Pataki),who turned around and went to the legislature and pushed for an AWB,which he got and happily signed.

Moral of the story:If you want it bad enough,you'll do your best to push for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats NY.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The left leaning moderates of Arf-Reddit will just pretend NJ doesn't exist once one of their precious democrats are in office
https://www.murphy4nj.com/issue/gun-violence/
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
He can't make the legislature undo their laws.   Nor can he make the the courts invalidate them.

But he can pardon people for breaking them.

Credit where it is due.  

Not that he deserves credit for much else.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
. Getting tossed a few scraps is hardly a gift horse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys sure know how to look a gift horse in the mouth.
. Getting tossed a few scraps is hardly a gift horse.
And years late.  Both of those guys had finished serving their entire sentence.  They get full restoration of their rights (which is huge), but they don't get the fine money back, or any of the other things in life they lost out on.

Christie could pardon people before trial in appropriate cases.  Instead, he pardons a few a year with old crimes. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Has he pardoned every resident of the State that has had their rights violated? Has he instructed the NJSP not to enforce the NJ AWB? Has he spent the political capital to improve the issuing system for conceal carry permits?

Sorry but granting pardons to out of state travelers is good and all but it is a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The left leaning moderates of Arf-Reddit will just pretend NJ doesn't exist once one of their precious democrats are in office
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christie is gonna be missed by gun owners in NJ.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has he pardoned every resident of the State that has had their rights violated? Has he instructed the NJSP not to enforce the NJ AWB? Has he spent the political capital to improve the issuing system for conceal carry permits?

Sorry but granting pardons to out of state travelers is good and all but it is a drop in the bucket.
View Quote
Murphy is gonna rape this state.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He can't make the legislature undo their laws.   Nor can he make the the courts invalidate them.

Credit where it is due.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Credit where it is due.  

So why is he pardoning them ling after they've served their sentences? Why only out of state residents only? Why not pardon them prior to trial? Why not pardon NJ Residents from arrests like carrying without a permit, having 30rd magazines, having "Assault Weapons"?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that.... still doesn't give him an excuse for being a lazy fat fuck that is doing it for political points only. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well at least that fat fuck did something right for once.
Once?

He's been pardoning people on these charges for quite awhile.
Not a chance a bill doing that would reach his desk.

But I imagine he'd sign one if it did.

I don't love him, but I like what he's doing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger than that, they were cutting 15rd mag limit to 10. G19,G22, G23. Sorry about the G17 though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know that.... still doesn't give him an excuse for being a lazy fat fuck that is doing it for political points only. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than nothing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#21]
When the Dems take back NJ and  Christie is gone they will wish he was back,THEY WILL BAN 15 RD MAGS TAKE IT DOWN TO 10 THEY WILL GO APE SHIT ON GUN ONCE HE IS GONE BIG TIME...THEY WILL TRY TO BEAT OUT CALIFORNIA
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for posting, OP.  

I like happy endings.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So why is he pardoning them ling after they've served their sentences? Why only out of state residents only? Why not pardon them prior to trial? Why not pardon NJ Residents from arrests like carrying without a permit, having 30rd magazines, having "Assault Weapons"?
View Quote
I don't know.  He's a fat hypocritical fuck?

Would it be better if he didn't issue any pardons at all at any time?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Prevailing wind.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#25]
He doesn't control the legislature so he can't change the laws, but to say he is pro gun is fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He doesn't control the legislature so he can't change the laws, but to say he is pro gun is fucking hilarious.
View Quote
Who's saying he is?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The argument is that something is better than nothing. Hence the compromise with rights. 

We fell into what we are today because of compromising. It will take a century to gain them back. But we need to start pressing hard and end the compromise.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Dat phat ph*ck did something right.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Who's saying he is?
View Quote
Declarative statement.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
How about making NJ adhere to the US Constitution instead of "pardoning" law abiding citizens of free states...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The argument is that something is better than nothing. Hence the compromise with rights. 

We fell into what we are today because of compromising. It will take a century to gain them back. But we need to start pressing hard and end the compromise.
View Quote
Texas has been incrementally expanding gun/carry rights since the 1990s.  The trend is your friend.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top