Don't have one and doubt I ever will.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/rAeWVYc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gODXD3v.jpg

I wonder how popular they are in CA, NY, and MA
View Quote

I have seen NY people post their abominations.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I love these 'shit on States with a fuck-ton of liberal, anti-gun politician & resident' threads ...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
With that stock it looks like it doubles a crutch.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With that stock it looks like it doubles a crutch.
View Quote
Yea but when you look closer you realize it would be impossible to use it as a crutch without twisting your wrist. At least it works as a gun. I don't see how a criminal would not just rip that crap off there and put whatever they wanted, but you poor law abiding people are left with butt ugly guns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Still looks scary to me.  The thing flips up!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/rAeWVYc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gODXD3v.jpg

I wonder how popular they are in CA, NY, and MA
View Quote

At least it's a gun, more than what you likely own.

I have one in my trunk for when I'm in NY. When I'm in neighboring free states I have regular ARs, as well as an SBR and several cans.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've never even seen one in person, but I doubt they sell them in Arizona and I can't imagine anyone from California bringing one here and leaving it in it's crippled state.
View Quote
The tradition is to toss your bullet button at the state line when moving fro CA to AZ.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not surprised they don't sell they look like an abomination

I'd rather just have a Fudd gun
View Quote
I can guarantee you that they sell. I sell them. Fixed mag is a little more popular for the ARs, but it's not an option on many rifles. Featureless X95s, RDBs, CX4s, Sub2000s, etc. are very popular in CA. I've even sold some M249s and RPDs.

They don't have to be ugly, but most people don't have the wherewithal to roll their own kydex. The compliance stocks are mostly for builders or people who already have a complete but non-compliant gun.

Some of mine will be converted to featureless, some to fixed mag, and a couple to rimfire (exempt )
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ares scr seems like a good option
View Quote
I wouldn't mind having one of these and I'm not restricted. Be handy like a ranch rifle but more accurate than minute of barn door.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I would get a m14, M1, Mini14, sagia first.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]
No.   As close to a neutered one I have is my first one which is a "post ban" (94-04)
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can guarantee you that they sell. I sell them. Fixed mag is a little more popular for the ARs, but it's not an option on many rifles. Featureless X95s, RDBs, CX4s, Sub2000s, etc. are very popular in CA. I've even sold some M249s and RPDs.

They don't have to be ugly, but most people don't have the wherewithal to roll their own kydex. The compliance stocks are mostly for builders or people who already have a complete but non-compliant gun.

Some of mine will be converted to featureless, some to fixed mag, and a couple to rimfire (exempt )
View Quote
I roll my own. The AR's kydex fin that I keep in CA is ambi, and the PTR's fin is a lefty for me. They're hardly permanent.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have one in my trunk for when I'm in NY. When I'm in neighboring free states I have regular ARs, as well as an SBR and several cans.
View Quote
More than I likely own?

Yeah, okay, here is about 1/3rd of what I own:

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't own one,  but I really like the look of that neutered stock and would like to get one some day.

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Featureless rifles typically are.  Not just uncomfortable, but unwieldy.  Most that I've seen are not suitable for serious or social uses.  Bullet-button or more permanently fixed-mag rifles also have their practicality issues, although there are some interesting work-arounds.

Generally, something like the Ares SCR, if you can even find one, is the better option.  Featureless but not uncomfortable or unwieldy.  Side-charging upper is a good idea with those, though.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my FAL that is my go-to rifle.  There are a lot fewer options than for ARs.  There is currently no option for fixing the mag according to the new standards that does not involve pinning, riveting, or welding, all of which have an irreversible impact on major components.  Featureless is impractical, and there are no ways to try to make it at least a little palatable due to  the differences in the design compared to the AR-15.  The trigger is too far forward.  I'm not registering it as an AW, either.  The only other option is keeping it disassembled or disabling semi-auto function. 
View Quote
Did you get my IM explaining one way to fix an FAL?  I can resend it if you want.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

More than I likely own?

http://i.imgur.com/iuuvvEV.png
View Quote
That's cute, I probably have more than that within 10 feet of my couch and my safe is in the other room.

Keep it up, you'll catch up one day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's cute, I probably have more than that within 10 feet of my couch and my safe is in the other room.

Keep it up, you'll catch up one day.
View Quote
Oh, now it goes from I don't own a gun to I don't own enough.

All of those guns yet you only have one SBR. Sad.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
More than I likely own?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than I likely own?

Those aren't NY legal ...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I kept my post ban 20" without a flash hider......I thought maybe being Neutered it wouldn't breed in the safe..but nature finds a way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
All the SCR owners...

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I'd have a 12 gauge pump for fighting than any of that fixed magazine nonsense, or a Mini 14 if that is possible.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I love these 'shit on States with a fuck-ton of liberal, anti-gun politician & resident' threads ...
View Quote
I think it's fucking sad that states have been taken over by libtards to force people to create these abominations to get around unconstitutional regulations. I wish Sessions would go after them instead of trying to fight marijuana.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think I'd have a 12 gauge pump for fighting than any of that fixed magazine nonsense, or a Mini 14 if that is possible.
View Quote
I'd probably just stick with a Mini 14 if I was in a ban state
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#30]
They need to make a slide-fire version of that stock.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I used to. I had a funky grip on my AK and AR. Once I got to Nevada I took them offer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I kept my post ban 20" without a flash hider......I thought maybe being Neutered it wouldn't breed in the safe..but nature finds a way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm now curious about the mathematical relationship between state gun laws and geesemen comments in GD threads...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]
That Troy Pump looks like the best AR option for a ban state. Although the pumping kind of defeats the purpose of the rifle for self defense. Would prob rather have a pump shotty.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm curious. What is the legality of an AR pistol in New York. Can you get around any of this crap with an AR pistol? A non-threaded, non-bayonet lug 10-1/2" pistol with a Sig brace or a Shockwave Blade would make a fine defensive firearm.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm curious. What is the legality of an AR pistol in New York. Can you get around any of this crap with an AR pistol? A non-threaded, non-bayonet lug 10-1/2" pistol with a Sig brace or a Shockwave Blade would make a fine defensive firearm.
View Quote
Not sure but curious to know too. Paging @Aimless
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh, now it goes from I don't own a gun to I don't own enough.

Yet you only have one SBR. Sad.
View Quote
How many do I need to personally own, I have an SOT

But yes, my trust only has one SBR in it. The only gun I've wanted to SBR other than an AR is my 94. The brace thing kind of ruined The whole SBR fascination for me anyway. Just build a 9mm Glock mag AR pistol and called it a day. No permission needed to take it into friendly border states, and it can be loaded in my vehicle.

Don't be sad for me, I own more handguns than you own guns in total. I'm fine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This one always cracks me up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This one always cracks me up
The men with the original Come and Take It flag held their ground.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gonzales
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not NY, but CT defines a pistol as something with a barrel shorter than 12", and a rifle something with a stock, so if you have a (federal) AR pistol with a barrel 12"+ inches it's kosher. But only one shop will transfer them. State wouldn't tell them yes, but also said they couldn't say no. Been doing it a couple years no issues.

Unfortunately no one in the industry will ship/cater to this.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is still a 50 ounce weight restriction unloaded. You then have to find a judge willing to put it on your permit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Millions of these exist in CA. I think at some point a few years back, it was estimated that more ARs sold in CA than any other state. Every AR post 2000 is neutered in someway.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#43]
What do I win?

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think it's fucking sad that states have been taken over by libtards to force people to create these abominations to get around unconstitutional regulations. I wish Sessions would go after them instead of trying to fight marijuana.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed. Understand that these abominations are ways to comply with said unconstitutional regulations with the hopes that local and national forces will counteract said unconstitutional regulations...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It kind of makes me sad how people have to work around clearly unconstitutional gun restrictions in the first place

Even those of us in free states have to deal with NFA. I dream of a day when machine guns, suppressors, SBRs can just be bought like a regular firearm with an instant background check.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am going to ask for about the 50th time.

Why does nobody import these or license this design for manufacture/sale in NY/CA etc. If I had the wherewithal to get into the gun business I would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fhEmufgbw
It kind of makes me sad how people have to work around clearly unconstitutional gun restrictions in the first place

Even those of us in free states have to deal with NFA. I dream of a day when machine guns, suppressors, SBRs can just be bought like a regular firearm with an instant background check.
Good luck selling those here. We can still buy the M1 Carbine, SKS, M1A, or Saigas if you can find them. A straight pull AR is pointless, because you can build a better rifle designed to be non-self loading and it will weigh less.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I want one of those with a walnut stock and forend.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How many do I need to personally own, I have an SOT

But yes, my trust only has one SBR in it. The only gun I've wanted to SBR other than an AR is my 94. The brace thing kind of ruined The whole SBR fascination for me anyway. Just build a 9mm Glock mag AR pistol and called it a day. No permission needed to take it into friendly border states, and it can be loaded in my vehicle.

Don't be sad for me, I own more handguns than you own guns in total. I'm fine.
View Quote
I'm kind of done with the SBR's too. The wait has gotten too long. Finally gave in and am doing AR pistols now, considering the ATF once again changed its mind and says shouldering braces is A-OKAY again
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#48]
No idea but probably nothing...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm kind of done with the SBR's too. The wait has gotten too long. Finally gave in and am doing AR pistols now, considering the ATF once again changed its mind and says shouldering braces is A-OKAY again
View Quote
Holy shit we agree on something!

I just finished my 11 inch 6.5 Grendel build. Have to get it up to the range soon and test it with a giggle switch.

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There is still a 50 ounce weight restriction unloaded. You then have to find a judge willing to put it on your permit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC there is a NJ legal AR pistol which has to conform to a 40+? Oz limit and no handguard (shroud).
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top