BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would get a m14, M1, Mini14, sagia first.
View Quote
This, all day every day.  Fuck that neutered shit.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IIRC there is a NJ legal AR pistol which has to conform to a 40+? Oz limit and no handguard (shroud).
View Quote
I believe you'd also have to fixed magazine as I believe SAFE has a provision banning detachable mags outside the pistol grip for handguns,
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I made/sold a bunch of grip wraps for people and myself for when in California.

Attachment Attached File

I like em better than the dildo stocks.

ETA stock is pinned in place and it has a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe you'd also have to fixed magazine as I believe SAFE has a provision banning detachable mags outside the pistol grip for handguns,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC there is a NJ legal AR pistol which has to conform to a 40+? Oz limit and no handguard (shroud).
Yeah not worth it. What about a pistol in a RONI with brace? Mag in grip.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
As the owner of a fugly stick AR, I can say aesthetics aside, the ergos are acceptable if you put an ambidextrous selector on it. The Spur and the BOAR grip suck ass. The Hera stock with the plate over the thumb hole looks cool, but I'm not sure how it would handle. The SCR has great ergos, but I don't like the idea of changing out bolt carriers. My Mini 14 is another NY acceptable rifle that isn't terrible, but not great. I refused to register anything and moved it all out of state. Part of me kinda, sometimes, just a little wishes I registered one lower just to keep the features. But no, it's all in or all out. FUAC!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah not worth it. What about a pistol in a RONI with brace? Mag in grip.
View Quote
Interesting question, I just don't know. I imagine they'd argue that the pistol became integral to the Roni while in operation, so you'd have to add the weight to the overall total.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Holy shit we agree on something!

I just finished my 11 inch 6.5 Grendel build. Have to get it up to the range soon and test it with a giggle switch.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218/IMG-2795-224078.jpg
View Quote
Sweet build
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#8]

I never thought in a million years that there would ever be dumber gun laws in the US than Canada, yet here we are.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sweet build
View Quote
Thanks, we tested it indoors and blew shit off the walls from the concussion.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was at a shoot recently where there were tons of them. If you believed what you read on arfcom you would think that no one has them, there are tons of them.
View Quote
Why hasn't the Ares cornered that market?  Is the issue price, availability, or reliability?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh I don't live in a ban state but I got this:

Took the red dot off now just run the irons.  She is nice and feels like a ranch rifle/Mini 14 without being a Mini 14.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did you get my IM explaining one way to fix an FAL?  I can resend it if you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Featureless rifles typically are.  Not just uncomfortable, but unwieldy.  Most that I've seen are not suitable for serious or social uses.  Bullet-button or more permanently fixed-mag rifles also have their practicality issues, although there are some interesting work-arounds.

Generally, something like the Ares SCR, if you can even find one, is the better option.  Featureless but not uncomfortable or unwieldy.  Side-charging upper is a good idea with those, though.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my FAL that is my go-to rifle.  There are a lot fewer options than for ARs.  There is currently no option for fixing the mag according to the new standards that does not involve pinning, riveting, or welding, all of which have an irreversible impact on major components.  Featureless is impractical, and there are no ways to try to make it at least a little palatable due to  the differences in the design compared to the AR-15.  The trigger is too far forward.  I'm not registering it as an AW, either.  The only other option is keeping it disassembled or disabling semi-auto function. 
Did you get my IM explaining one way to fix an FAL?  I can resend it if you want.
I saw it, and it has been suggested before with some variations, but it does not comply with the new regulations.  You have to disassemble the action to remove the magazine with or without tools in order to be compliant.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why hasn't the Ares cornered that market?  Is the issue price, availability, or reliability?
View Quote
Seems like availability is a serious issue with them.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top