Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't they arrest Antifa shitbirds with knives at one of the protests?  Shit's getting real.  Yo.

Also, didn't folks pop smoke and teargas at a recent one?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
When my dad was a young punk he would carry a bandana with a bike lock on it. Bandana was for this nose, bike lock for bike. Makes a great swinging weapon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I like it!  

That is a pretty good riot outfit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been ready for years.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
KYLE CHAPMAN GEARING UP

If you wear glasses consider wearing good-quality ski-goggles OVER them and a baseball helmet (like Stickman) or bike helmet.

Soccer shinguards on the forearms can be great concealed blockers against sticks.
View Quote
I was going to post this. He points out in the video that he uses a chinstrap with the helmet as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
10 people in the back of a old military truck dressed like this with food ball padding and MAGA hats.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been ready for years.

http://i.imgur.com/lH9A4yT.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
how about getting something like this.

Training sword.

Or this
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Damn, I didnt know you could buy pepper rounds. Neat...
View Quote
Pepper rounds are a bad idea unless you want a homocide charge. They are lethal just ask the Boston PD.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Needs more steel toed boots and riggers gloves.

Like these.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet you could have a lot of fun with these.

Paint grenades.

Pop smoke!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
how about getting something like this.

Training sword.

Or this
View Quote
I always thought 10 guys up front with These would drive alot of people back
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Nonlethal?  Hockey gear or SCA http://www.sca.org/.  SCA wars can actually be pretty decent riot combat training and lots of fun too if you can get along with some hard core geekdom.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody remember this guy . . . He had some ideas on the subject ! ! !

Tyler Smith - - - The Doomsday Predator

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
This if you wanna mix it up and go the distance!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm digging there. Dumb question, are they legal?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Watch some Uwe Boll movies and get ideas!

Rampage is a great flick.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Your best preparation is to be somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck that. If I'm bringing the hurt, it's 168 grains at a time, from cover.
View Quote
Exactly.  Stay on the edges and observe until the real fighting starts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I would hit up the local Wal-Mart and walk out an MLB catcher.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was my thought.  Why would anyone want to attend a riot?  I live in a college town and every few years we get a riot.  I've missed every one and I intend to keep my record intact.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks good to me. most important thing is protecting your face from liquids and thrown projectiles. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im diggin these helments here
Looks good to me. most important thing is protecting your face from liquids and thrown projectiles. 
Very true. However the Pickelhaube they have for sale has more......flair

Then again arfcom would spend half the time debating the cultural and historical symbolism of the helmet
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#26]
OST
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There is a solution to that, but how do we know you aren't gathering intel for the commie bastards?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they have been throwing paint at these skirmishes? That would suck, haveing my goggles or face shield covered and swinging blind.
There is a solution to that, but how do we know you aren't gathering intel for the commie bastards?
Find any place (online or brick&mortar) that sells bike racing gear and get visor tear-offs/peel-offs.

Basically a thin clear (available tinted too) adhesive sticker pack. Made for racers (2-wheel or open 4-wheel) so you just grab a flap and peel/tear off the outer layer to expose the next clean layer without worrying about smearing, scratching etc. from wiping your visor.

P.S.
I'd just avoid the crap though. I don't bother gearing up to go into this shit. Any gear I have is for getting me and folks I care about the heck outta there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Wear steel toed work boots .
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Say if you were going to the Berkley riot, what would you wear or bring? Would you feel confident going in?

I am a pretty large man, 6'4 and 255 LBS. I wouldn't really be scared of most Antifa commie scum but my problem is I wear glasses. I would need to find a way to wear a helmet and glasses at the same time. My contacts are expired and I'm waiting for more.

I imagine I would wear a helmet and a cup for my boys. Maybe a surplus flack vest if I could find one, or even the paintball armour. Probably long sleeves, jeans and boots. And the Texas and US Flag, duh.

So what would you wear / bring to the braw? How would you counter act mace and bear spray?
View Quote

Something stab-resistant, if rounds start flying I am fucked anyway
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Bread helmet FTW!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That was my thought.  Why would anyone want to attend a riot?  I live in a college town and every few years we get a riot.  I've missed every one and I intend to keep my record intact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because antifa actively hunts right wingers here; in fact my first run in with them was leaving a GOP election watch party. "Somewhere else" doesn't exist, your only choices are on your terms or their terms.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
How do we know YOU are not a commie bastard?!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Find any place (online or brick&mortar) that sells bike racing gear and get visor tear-offs/peel-offs.

Basically a thin clear (available tinted too) adhesive sticker pack. Made for racers (2-wheel or open 4-wheel) so you just grab a flap and peel/tear off the outer layer to expose the next clean layer without worrying about smearing, scratching etc. from wiping your visor.

P.S.
I'd just avoid the crap though. I don't bother gearing up to go into this shit. Any gear I have is for getting me and folks I care about the heck outta there.
View Quote
I honestly don't ever plan on attending a riot. I live in beautiful Central Texas and there is nothing like Antifa here anyway at least not that I'm aware of. This was just more of a hypothetical situation type of deal. I am always trying to learn and make myself harder to kill.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Give yourself all the advantages. Better protection against airburst M80s, and you know one of these shitstains is going to eventually succeed in sneaking in a handgun. I mean, shit, you could make multihit level IIIa plates out of fiberglass welding blanket and bondo resin. Check the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI
View Quote
hunh

cool
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I made an entire suit of armor out of pistachio nuts. Worked really well. Not very heavy and I blended into the greenery really well. Great camo!

Last week, I had a few beers...and I ate most of it. 

Back to the drawing board I guess. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Naked I'd go naked note me wants to fuck with a 65 year old fat man in the middle of the street naked
View Quote
You never know.  There's some one for every one.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd add a set of baseball shin guards with knee protection and combat boots.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Give yourself all the advantages. Better protection against airburst M80s, and you know one of these shitstains is going to eventually succeed in sneaking in a handgun. I mean, shit, you could make multihit level IIIa plates out of fiberglass welding blanket and bondo resin. Check the video:

View Quote
I hate working with fiberglass but it works.

Bluefalcon needs to test this
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Because antifa actively hunts right wingers here; in fact my first run in with them was leaving a GOP election watch party. "Somewhere else" doesn't exist, your only choices are on your terms or their terms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well said.

As for my recommendation, I lean more towards the balance of speed and offensive capability over defense unless you are going straight into the rats nest. Something light that can hide plenty of toys.

Warning! Contains the most brutal nut shot you will ever see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I would think incorporating metal spikes would be good.  

Using old tires seems like a decent idea as well:

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Not really "home brew" but I bought police riot gear as part of a Halloween costume years ago. That stuff would work quite well.  

From materials likely to be on hand at any random persons house? Duct tape and phonebook/newspaper/magazines to make your hard armour. Strategically layer the paper (30-50 sheets thick) on the outside of a hoodie and duct tape all around. Same thing with pants. Plastic storage bins from walmart can be cut so that you have a tougher outer and inner skin on both sides of the paper, duct taped up to make budget ass impact/stab plates. You can make a gasmask/goggles out of 2 liter sodas.

If you have time, just order actual riot gear from online. If you don't and are short of funds, do the above.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cover yourself in job applications.
View Quote
This would be it, if I were to leave the house.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Steel toe boots. I never leave the house without them. Mostly because i trip and drop shit on them. But steel toes to the shin doesn't feel good at all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I reckon if you were less hard up for cash than the YouTube guy, you could probably throw some Kevlar fabric in with the fiberglass and make it moar betterer.

ETA: @bluefalcon
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top