Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:42:04 AM EDT
Realistically, China today is not the China of yesterday, it's no longer the China of grey uniforms and grey people clutching little red books to their chests and screaming slogans.  China is forward thinking, concerned about its place in the world (especially the business world) and they know they got a pig in a poke with Lil Kim.  I'm thinking Trump is laying the groundwork with his backing off the trade war, not tagging China as currency manipulators.  If he can enter into a Sino-American alliance to create a new NORKLand sans Lil Teapot, he could make it happen.

I'm thinking the clincher would be an offer to help Taiwan return to the fold...

What says The Hive?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, what if Trump is able to get rid of Assad and Lil Kim in his first four years???
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
By reunifying,you mean deposing a US ally it has spent 70 years protecting?

China does not want the ROK on its border.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#3]
.... or we can just mind our own business.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You can talk the Chinese into anything, as long as it benefits China....question is, do we want half a Commie puppet state, or a full sized commie puppet state?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah betraying Taiwan will not go well.

Does China want the DPROK on its border either? Which would you think they'd prefer?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't want a reunified Korea.  In fact, I think most in the South don't want it either.  Could you imagine doubling your countries current population with brainwashed poor people?  He'll look at Germany today and their are still discrepancies.  As far as I am concerned China should sell it to Apple.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#8]
If it were to be unified it would not be for our benefit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Whoa..........I don't know about that one!!??
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
just what i was thinking, chemical weapons r mass murder. its non of our business.
i was we ind our business and when anyone tests us we give them a 100 missiles.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#11]
And no, you don't give up Taiwan and lose the South China see to get rid of fat fuck.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who says the South Koreans want to reunify?
View Quote
This...........I mean I don't know about that one EVER happening.

That ship sailed long ago IMHO....................but I guess in the end I have no real fucking idea.............
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
'

unifying will never be possible, because it will bring raise to tribal war, who leads? who is in charge? things are one sided and bla bla bla...dialoguing with fat boy is not happening.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#14]
*China wants NK as a buffer against Japan and SK

*SK CANNOT financially afford reunification with NK

*it is a shit sandwich
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
70 years?

Back during the Korean War the Chinese did not want NK to continue to exist. NK was a client state of the Soviets, who the Red Chinese didn't like.

The PRC attempted to make it known to the US that they were 100% okay with the invasion and conquering of North Korea so long as it was only South Korean troops that crossed the 38th. They would consider US troops a threat and would respond. But due to the lack of formal or very good informal communications this was never well conveyed.

South Korea has good trade relations with China, and getting better. The Chinese would be 100% fine with a unified Korea under the South's rule. They find the North annoying. They do have issues, defense related, but I bet those would go away if the North did. SK probably wouldn't want, for example, a missile defense system if NK didn't exist anymore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Unify? No. Eliminate Kim Joung Un? Yes!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its not about what they want. Its about what America and China want apparently.

Best thing to do is to take out Lil Kim and let the Norks figure out what to do from there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The economic burden on SK would be immense. It would make the reunification of Germany look like peanuts, nevermind all the brainwashed insurgents that would probably continue to pop up for years.

Also, after finding out their chief executive was being controlled by a shadowy cabal, do you think the south Koreans need any more drama?

Also, "trade" Taiwan for North Korea? What planet are you even from? How do you think we would leverage that and why would we do it if we could?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Only NK can modernize NK.  No will, no way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
How about a less NORK-y NORK then?  Something along the lines of a Hong Kong or Vietnam-style Communo-Capitalism?  Seems to be what all the "experts" are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Man, what if Trump is able to get rid of Assad and Lil Kim in his first four years???
View Quote
This is what Obama meant when he said for Trump to not dismantle his legacy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Unify? No. Eliminate Kim Joung Un? Yes!
View Quote
Concur.  China likes its buffer state.  South Korea doesn't want the headache of absorbing the ignorant and backward.  Look at Germany after East Germany was reincorporated into it.  No shortage of FSA who thought they deserved nice homes and cars.  The ideal situation would be to rebuild North Korea (after phat boy is gone) into an economic free zone that would offer tax benefits to investors and corporations.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#25]
doubt it.....reunified korea means US troops and bases right up on the chinese border
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#26]
china needs to install a government under its control in DPKR, bring those people back into the fold gradually rather then in one quick shot over night, the culture shock of a reunified ROK to both nork and south would destablize the fuck out of the nation plus china wants a buffer nation.

no reason to have them continue to suffer under the Kims but a reunification under the current conditions spells disaster for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Ask Germany how it worked out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Never in a million years; it's not in China's interest.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#29]
It would be a fantastic move for the PRC.

The South Koreans aren't exactly our biggest fans these days.  Take away the Nork threat and see how quickly they show us the door.

If the Chinese could settle this, they'd look like heroes on the world stage, and the new Korea would fucking love them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#30]
China doesn't want a reunified Korea
South Korea doesn't want to endure the hit to their economy that reunification would cost.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Realistically, China today is not the China of yesterday, it's no longer the China of grey uniforms and grey people clutching little red books to their chests and screaming slogans.  China is forward thinking, concerned about its place in the world (especially the business world) and they know they got a pig in a poke with Lil Kim.  I'm thinking Trump is laying the groundwork with his backing off the trade war, not tagging China as currency manipulators.  If he can enter into a Sino-American alliance to create a new NORKLand sans Lil Teapot, he could make it happen.

I'm thinking the clincher would be an offer to help Taiwan return to the fold...

What says The Hive?
View Quote

NO.

They don't want us on their porch and SK doesn't want the burden of the communists.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Major troll post...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#33]
No, fat boy won't give up his power.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What says The Hive?
View Quote
It's kind of like asking motivational speaker Tony Robbins to talk all arfcommers out of supporting the Second Amendment. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

NO.

They don't want us on their porch and SK doesn't want the burden of the communists.
View Quote
"We" wouldn't be on their porch for long, and SK would gladly swap spending zillions of dollars on a big-ass military to keep Li'l Kim at bay for a huge rebuilding project (and that sort of rebuilding they happen to be world-class at, BTW).
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Put down your crackpipe.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#37]
China doesn't want a unified Korea.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
This, the US and China have made their deal but it doesn't involve reuniting the North and South.

I'm surprised that China isn't appearing to be a larger part of the military solution in the saber rattling and moving of carrier groups....

Not that I agree with any of it, South Korea has had a very generous fifty years to prepare for the day the north attacks.... I don't feel we need to be any part of this shit,
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#40]
1.  We're not betraying Taiwan
2. China doesn't want a US ally on their border

What Trump is doing is laying the groundwork for China to turn Kim into fertilizer so we don't have to deal with his shit any longer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Nobody and I mean NOBODY wants to reunify Korea, I have never heard it brought up once, ever. SK, China, and the rest of that part of Asia do not want a reunified Korea for various reasons, economics being one. It would ruin ROK's economy.

I think China is going to have KIJ popped personally and turn NK into a sort of autonomous/puppet state, that's what I would do. Remember when there were reports of the Chinese moving 150k troops to the border? Perhaps, if true, they are preparing to a mass migration, maybe they think something will happen that would make that option attractive. Watch the PBS video I posted, there is decent inside that country, things are going to change. Sooner or later one of those Generals is going to go "Man, this dude whacked one of his grandfather's Generals who has served for 30yrs, guy killed his family member, fuck it" and shoot his ass, or the Chinese are going to get to someone and have him whacked.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I see zero reason to believe DJT has some secret key to solve the NK problem.  NK leadership correctly believes that their nukes are the reason the USA doesn't just do whatever it wants to them.  So they're not giving them up.

Maybe he thinks outside the box and agrees to recognize them as a nuclear power and accept that they have nukes, in return for them ratcheting down the crazy?  Might as well, pretending they don't have them won't make the nukes go away.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

2. China doesn't want a US ally on their border.
View Quote
Why does everyone just assume that a unified Korea is going to wanna be BFFs with us?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#44]
It would be a hellofa undertaking but it might just work. If you figure X amount of time and X amount of $$$$ it might pay off. It seems better than blowing up structure.  I think the problem would be finding something they could make that someone else will buy.  Very big project, put them to work.  A Second Coming for developers. I wonder if Trump knows anything about development.......
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's some shocking news OP, no one really wants a unified Korea, except the poor starving people in North Korea.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm thinking more like a DMZ extended from its present location to the Chinese border.
ChiComs aren't going to be real thrilled about sharing a border with S.Korea
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
 A Second Coming for developers. I wonder if Trump knows anything about development.......
View Quote
If anyone knows more, it's the South Koreans.  Look what they turned the county into in a few decades.

There are likely South Korean industrialists salivating at the thought of all that empty space and cheap labor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
The ROK doesn't want to absorb the NORKs either.

And Russia don't want another major US ally on their border either
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And Russia don't want another major US ally on their border either
View Quote
Nobody cares what Russia wants anymore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If anyone knows more, it's the South Koreans.  Look what they turned the county into in a few decades.

http://cdn.pcwallart.com/images/seoul-skyline-wallpaper-2.jpg

There are likely South Korean industrialists salivating at the thought of all that empty space and cheap labor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 A Second Coming for developers. I wonder if Trump knows anything about development.......

http://cdn.pcwallart.com/images/seoul-skyline-wallpaper-2.jpg

You recognize that everything in that picture is under many thousands of NORK artillery tubes, right?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top