Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No way the Korea's unite.  Never going to happen.  Best hope is a new, less idiotic, king of the North.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody cares what Russia wants anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Russia don't want another major US ally on their border either
Nobody cares what Russia wants anymore.
I would be fine with them taking a huge chunk of NE NORK right there next to Vladivostok
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell me if this would sound like a good deal to China and the US. China agrees to help unify Korea under SK leadership. At that point the NK threat is gone and the US agrees to leave SK. No military bases, no missile systems, all US military assets are removed from the Korean Peninsula with the understanding that SK runs stuff without Chinese intervention. It would allow China to eventually benifit financially with Korea as a whole.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not sure that South Korea reeeeallly wants to reunify
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think China is going to have KIJ popped personally and turn NK into a sort of autonomous/puppet state, that's what I would do.
View Quote
If China plays their cards right then can end up with a North Korean puppet state AND have the US and South Korea pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am not sure that South Korea reeeeallly wants to reunify
View Quote
Forget about the economic implications of adding a whole third world country to yours. How the hell do you go about deprogramming millions of brainwashed slaves? Do you just turn them loose with full voting rights and hope for the best? Or do you treat the whole north like one big insane asylum and only reintegrate small groups at a time after they've had a chance to adjust to their new reality? What about the ones that can't or won't?

Eff all that noise. You need decades of successive leaders in North Korea piloting their own country into a soft landing from the Cult of Kim.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Forget about the economic implications of adding a whole third world country to yours. How the hell do you go about deprogramming millions of brainwashed slaves? Do you just turn them loose with full voting rights and hope for the best? Or do you treat the whole north like one big insane asylum and only reintegrate small groups at a time after they've had a chance to adjust to their new reality? What about the ones that can't or won't?

Eff all that noise. You need decades of successive leaders in North Korea piloting their own country into a soft landing from the Cult of Kim.
View Quote
well said, sad but true
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If the South wanted to take the north over, the best move would be to invade with several divisions of food trucks. It would be over in an hour or so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
So, how do zee Chermans feel about reunification?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
No China won't help Korea unify creating a democracy on their southern border. I suspect they will however put fatboy in check and most likely replace him with someone a little more stable.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top