Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/7/2003 6:52:19 AM EDT
Does anyone know if this is available on dvd?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have it on VHS,  I'd certainly like it on DVD.  It has everything.  Proper use of a Garand sling,  firing of rifle grenades, Matt Dillon with a Thompson screaming like a girl,

Classic black and White Scifi.

I'd really like to find the movies about the giant praying mantis and the critters from the great Salt Lake that kinda look like leeches with mandibles.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#3]
YES!! It is put out by Warner Brothers. My brother got me a copy for my last birthday so you might check Amazon.com.
This should be a part of any Sci-Fi collection, along with "Forbidden Planet" and "Quatermass and the pit" and "Day of the Triffids"
Anybody else want to make a recommendation? I'm sure there are a whole lot more.
'Guzzi out
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#4]
... I recall as a young kid seeing this movie at a neighborhood friend's house without any adults knowing we watched it. I distinctly remember walking home that dark night terrified to death she would show up. Gave me nightmares until I reached puberty. Then I just kept hoping she would show up.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The one about the leeches with mandibles is called "The Creature who Challenged the Earth".  I rented it two weeks ago and was disappointed.
I like "Forbidden planet", though, and "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
Always have a soft spot for "Them".  I can remember watching it on Saturday Matinee Movie (on the tv).   I always loved that thompson scene.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Am I the only one who gets the joke?

IBTL!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a recurring nightmare about 'The Red Lady' when I was a kid.
A giant woman dressed in red.
She'd show up outside and I'd get pulled through the window up into the air into her hands, then I'd wake up terrified.

That's what this poster reminded me of.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The one about the leeches with mandibles is called "The Creature who Challenged the Earth".  I rented it two weeks ago and was disappointed.
I like "Forbidden planet", though, and "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
Always have a soft spot for "Them".  I can remember watching it on Saturday Matinee Movie (on the tv).   I always loved that thompson scene.

Thanks!  Been looking for that  name for years.  The movie Scared the crap out of me when I was 9.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
No horror/Sci-Fi collection is complete without

Its not currently in print, but I got my Anchor Bay DVD from ebay.

echo6
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who gets the joke?

IBTL!

I get it...
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#11]

"THEM"

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#12]
That's exactly what I was referring to....
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you say Them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#14]
"them f n wearing m"
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#15]
funy

ibtl
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#16]
you guys are bad
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#17]
What round would be best to defeat zombified giant ants?

What about a 50-foot Al Pacino?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you say Them.

No, he said "them", in quotes. Which I hear has a long history when used in that manner.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if this is available on dvd?
www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/sc/posters/web/Picture89.jpg

I think I will have to get the DVD if it exists.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you say Them.

No, he said "them", in quotes. Which I hear has a long history when used in that manner.

Totally different context, too bad some people arent bright enough to realize that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you say Them.

Totally different context, too bad some people arent bright enough to realize that.

Funny how someone like you uses the term "bright"
in relation to how smart some one should be.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you say Them.

Oh so sorry "them", gotcha
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Look the 'queen sized sheet gang' cant operate alone they have to operate in groups.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Look the 'queen sized sheet gang' cant operate alone they have to operate in groups.

Queen size sheet gang?
Why Silence what are you contemplating doing with those queen size sheets?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#26]
The Antennae! SHOOT THE ANTENNAE!!!!!

nope, never heard of it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#27]
this "THEM"  crap is just that......... crap

i  am a long haired biker type, and have been called  one of "THEM"  a few times . if we can't use the term "them" to describe  a typical type of person, what word do we use?

btw, come to the southside of chicago,  and i will show you all types of "them" all colors, all types, all classes

shit i call yuppies "them"

silence, you are deffinetly not the shinniest coin in the fountain
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

i  am a long haired biker type, and have been called  one of "THEM"  a few times . if we can't use the term "them" to describe  a typical type of person, what word do we use?

btw, come to the southside of chicago,  and i will show you all types of "them" all colors, all types, all classes

Sigh.

Context

Context

Context

The Context in which the word 'them' was used in the incident in which certain people will not allow to die was a racial one.  As time goes by I no longer have any doubts of that.

The quote was:

"We...support you against 'them'."  In regard to a thread started by a person who used racial epitaths which he editted to slightly less offensive language.  So in the context of that phrasing it is quite clear that the person using 'them' was meaning 'blacks' or 'african-americans' or as the orginal thread said 'niggers', or after editting 'afros'.

If you want to use a 'word' why dont you simply use the word you MEAN.  Whatever that word is.  Instead of being a coward and attempting to hide what you mean behind a thin veil.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Going back to the pre-hijack thread, "Them" is a classic.  "The Thing from Another World" with James Arness as the monster will be released on DVD late this summer.  It's been out of print on VHS for sometime.  That's a true calssic.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I fail to see how a classic sci fi horror film about attacking mutant insects can be offensive to anyone.  Silly responses to construe anything at other than face value.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#32]
SILENCE I TOO READ THE THREAD FROM THE BEGINING, AND THE "THEM" REFERED TO DID NOT HAVE TO BE RACIAL, JUST THE WAY YOU TOOK IT. I TOOK IT AS TO  ANY LOW LIFE, REGARDLESS OF COLOR WHO WOULD SCREW WITH HIM.

I JUST THINK YOU JUMPED THE GUN MYSELF.
AGAIN, COME TO SOUTHSIDE OF CHICAGO, TAKE A WALK WITH ME ON  63RD AND STONY ISLAND AND SEE WHAT YOU SEE.
AND IF A BUNCH OF BIKERS ATTACKED HIM, IT WOULD BE OK TO SAY "THEM"? GET OFF IT, YOU ARE BEATING A DEAD HORSE

EDITED TO ADD, THE MOST RACIST FOLK I KNOW  ARE PEOPLE OF COLOR
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sigh.

Context

Context

Context

The Context in which the word 'them' was used in the incident in which certain people will not allow to die was a racial one.  As time goes by I no longer have any doubts of that.

The quote was:

"We...support you against 'them'."  In regard to a thread started by a person who used racial epitaths which he editted to slightly less offensive language.  So in the context of that phrasing it is quite clear that the person using 'them' was meaning 'blacks' or 'african-americans' or as the orginal thread said 'niggers', or after editting 'afros'.

If you want to use a 'word' why dont you simply use the word you MEAN.  Whatever that word is.  Instead of being a coward and attempting to hide what you mean behind a thin veil.

The question is why have "YOU" got your panties in a wad because of what someone else says? Are "yuo" a moderator? NO. Is is "your" job to surf the boards pointing out peoples mistakes? NO

It is not for you to decide what context "they" were using when "they" said "them."

Someone else started this sh*t yes. But "you" just cant let it die. No wonder your #1 on the troll list in the team forums.

go stir sh*t somewhere else troll
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Woo wooo

I am number 1...

But really that is supposed to mean exactly what to me?

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Woo wooo

I am number 1...

But really that is supposed to mean exactly what to me?

It can mean many things.

Like number 1 turd
or some big black bubba in a jail cells #1 bitch.
Life is full of descriptions and adjectives.
Take your pick. All of us have an opinion of what we think you are.
But only you really knows who and what you are.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14484

Thanks for clearing up the 'THEM' reference.  It went way over my head there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#37]
As i stated yesterday i've had enough of this crap. I am not closing this thread but further pissing about this THEM bs is doing nothing but trolling and inflaming an already bad situation.

For everyones sake please drop it guys. Neither side is going to agree and Silence is trolling for a fight.

mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#38]
You know, OughttaBeSilent, I think it's slap friggin' hilarious, and a bit pathetic, that you think anyone has any sort of obligation to explain jack shit to you.

IBTL
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Just wanted to note that Silence is starting to tick off some of the people I like most on this site and not endearing himself to me as well. BTW, this is meant a peace jesture and suggest you look at my location before you slam. Odds are we will meet someday and that's not a threat just fact.

"Them" was an outstanding flick and a classic of classics.  The movie "Aracnaphopia" was made along the same lines and worth a look see as a rental.

OK Mikie,

You can shut her down...................

IBTL
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Neither side is going to agree and Silence is trolling for a fight.

mike

Is it irony or coincidence that the same small group who are so vocal in denying their racist tones are the same small group who are so damn hot on Silence for his statements and position.

And for the record, they came first in this thread trolling, or did you miss that???

slayer, either you are with them or are as easily blinded by their bs as a Birmingham cop in '64.

Silence, you are pissing up a rope. They are using age old tactics. When you confront them on their positions, they will either 1) deny, 2) make counter accusations, 3) avoid the issue at hand or 4) threaten. BTW, threats are directly against the COC, and we have seen them directly threaten bodily harm and are still postin. IS ARFCOM OPENLY SUPPORTING THEM???

They will never have the balls nor convictions of their beliefs to directly counter and make an intelligent position statement. Like those of their ilk from days past, they still cower inside a hood....

BTW, They were right, them can be anybody.....
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#41]
i can still hear the freaking noise those damn giant ants made, and i haven't seen the movie since the 60's

kinda like my ex wife  whinning
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mike

Is it irony or coincidence that the same small group who are so vocal in denying their racist tones are the same small group who are so damn hot on Silence for his statements and position.

And for the record, they came first in this thread trolling, or did you miss that???

slayer, either you are with them or are as easily blinded by their bs as a Birmingham cop in '64.

Silence, you are pissing up a rope. They are using age old tactics. When you confront them on their positions, they will either 1) deny, 2) make counter accusations, 3) avoid the issue at hand or 4) threaten. BTW, threats are directly against the COC, and we have seen them directly threaten bodily harm and are still postin. IS ARFCOM OPENLY SUPPORTING THEM???

They will never have the balls nor convictions of their beliefs to directly counter and make an intelligent position statement. Like those of their ilk from days past, they still cower inside a hood....

I agree Cavvet.

When Beekeep Shut down the 'Why is engergizer banned thread', and Campy said to let it be, I did so.

But 'THEM' people couldnt let it be and had to start stuff in another thread.  Yet I am the one labeled a 'troll'.  

And yet I look after Beer-slayer has asked for it to be dropped it has continued.

Is it is kinda interesting who gets what labels around here at times.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Not that anyone's keeping track but Them (the movie) is out on DVD. I have a copy and like it a lot. Good quality transfer and nice extras.
Great replay value.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mike

I agree Cavvet.

When Beekeep Shut down the 'Why is engergizer banned thread', and Campy said to let it be, I did so.

But 'THEM' people couldnt let it be and had to start stuff in another thread.  Yet I am the one labeled a 'troll'.  

And yet I look after Beer-slayer has asked for it to be dropped it has continued.

Is it is kinda interesting who gets what labels around here at times.

Hark I hear the Trolling, I see Trolling.
They are backkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mike

cavvet
i take that as a personal insult from you.

My involvement in this entire matter has only been to keep the peace i have not agreed with either side here. The thread yesterday IMHO was a deliberate attack on another member.

I let it go until someone went over the edge. at that time the thread and the offending person were dealt with by staff.

Personally i could care less what your or anyone elses skin color is. A good person is a good person. Frankly i am tired of the EVERYONE ON HERE IS A RACIST stuff that has been spouted over the last few days.

If you trully beleive that then why are you here? Everyone has to deal with this issue on their own personal level. You are not going to change their minds by yelling RACIST on the internet.

I still wish i could have hooked up with you when i was in seatle. But then again since i am as "blind as a racist cop in birmingham" i guess we can't talk because i am a white guy.

Some of guys really need to lighten up. You must have some miserable lives if all you ever worry about is the color of your skin.

mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I've never seen "THEM" (before my time, I guess). It sounds like it would be worth checking out, though.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i take that as a personal insult from you.

It wasnt meant as an insult, my observation. All the others in this bullshit were posting on early page one, rolling eyes and taunting, but Silence replies late on page 2 and is labeled by you atroll. I stand by my original observation.

My involvement in this entire matter has only been to keep the peace i have not agreed with either side here. The thread yesterday IMHO was a deliberate attack on another member.

You are right. I AND someone else quoted watsons direct threat of bodily harm to Silence, but I also see he is still here.

I let it go until someone went over the edge. at that time the thread and the offending person were dealt with by staff.

lmao

Personally i could care less what your or anyone elses skin color is. A good person is a good person. Frankly i am tired of the EVERYONE ON HERE IS A RACIST stuff that has been spouted over the last few days.

Funny you would say that, a few members have openly said they are tired of all the Black people are [BLANK] threads. I as welll am tired of the bs, and if you will deal, REALLY deal with the very few (1/2 dozen or so out of 30,000) instigators, this thing will go away.

If you trully beleive that then why are you here?

I am here because I love the ar15, RKBA & the USA. iS that not enough? Do I have to tolerate the bullshit? I dont think so.

Everyone has to deal with this issue on their own personal level.

Oh so true.

You are not going to change their minds by yelling RACIST on the internet.

I dont yell anything. If they want to hide and hurl counteraccusations thats their perogative. I make points where I see them.

I still wish i could have hooked up with you when i was in seatle.

We were there.

But then again since i am as "blind as a racist cop in birmingham" i guess we can't talk because i am a white guy.

Your words, your choice.

Some of guys really need to lighten up. You must have some miserable lives if all you ever worry about is the color of your skin.

mike

Agreed!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Whew... still not too late to get IBTL.

As for the movie "Them"... grab some of the MST3K DVD's. The earlier the better, awesome stuff.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#50]
WTF?!

This is supposed to be about a sci-fi movie from the '50s

How in the hell did it turn into one of those gay-assed "You're a racist/bigot" threads? (notice use of quotation marks)

"THEM" (Holy Shit, I used quotations again!) is a great film.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top