Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2016 4:57:01 AM EDT

A McGrumpy US Marshal wasn’t lovin’ the wait at a Brooklyn McDonald’s — so he whipped out a loaded gun and pointed it at the terrified cashier and customers, cops said Sunday.

Drunken off-duty Deputy Marshal Charles Brown, 30, stumbled into the fast-food joint in Bay Ridge around 1:20 a.m. Saturday and quickly started a beef, according to police.

The fried lawman began yelling at cashier Joanna Diaz, 41, about the long wait for his food, police sources said.

Brown then allegedly pulled out his loaded service weapon and pointed it at Diaz before wheeling around and training his gun on terrified customers inside the 86th Street eatery.

The marshal zeroed in on a 21-year-old man behind him in line who tried to intervene on the cashier’s behalf, cops said.

As workers frantically dialed 911, Brown’s order came up, and he paid for his food and fled, sources said.

Responding cops canvassed the area and found Brown on the street. He was arrested and hit with a slew of charges, including menacing, harassment and violating firearm license regulations.

Brown, who lives with his father in a ritzy Bay Ridge co-op, did not return a message for comment. His father answered the door at the apartment but declined to talk to The Post

Link
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
He's either gonna get loved tenderly or nothing at all.

It's hard to guess these days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#3]
pay raise and an all expense paid trip to the country of choice
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
And if by chance, one of NYC''s 400 CCP holders, one of the 15 or so that don't have bodyguards were to have shot the unstable man, they would be going to jail for years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
lol you people don't know anything about the Marshals Service.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. If 1/10th of the story holds water, the guy's badge was gone before he made it home.

Modern journalism and all, I will wait for a real reporter to speak.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:01:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Only law enforcement should have guns...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#10]
He just wanted breakfast

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Deputy Marshall Charlie Brown.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Good thing that guy wasn't in Oklahoma.  What a dipshit.

CCW holder here could pop him and the cops would probably buy him a Coke and a McKinley Mac.

You know it's on McD's surveillance video.

Open and shut.  Might spend an hour in cuffs though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've always wanted to be a Marshal.

Too bad I'm to much of a scumfuck to even consider applying
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#14]
He's gonna like his new job in Nogales..

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's incredibly difficult to get hired with the USMS.  Even for very qualified people.  I have worked with them for years, and it is my #1 agency I'd like to work for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having had to rely on one particular USMS office in the past, I'm unimpressed with them, to put it mildly.  They have a documented culture of racism (Do a search of the names Matt Fogg, & Bill Scott), acknowledged in some federal civil rights investigations court rulings.  For that matter, the DOJ isn't the what most people think it is.

This reminds me of the case involving some USM dep. who got a case of road rage & pulled his piece on some enlisted Navy kid after chasing him for a few miles.  Think he got arrested, but I never did find out what ultimately happened.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's incredibly difficult to get hired with the USMS.  Even for very qualified people.  I have worked with them for years, and it is my #1 agency I'd like to work for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was pretty cool watching then raid my neighbors house.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Having had to rely on one particular USMS office in the past, I'm unimpressed with them, to put it mildly.  They have a documented culture of racism (Do a search of the names Matt Fogg, & Bill Scott), acknowledged in some federal civil rights investigations court rulings.  For that matter, the DOJ isn't the what most people think it is.

This reminds me of the case involving some USM dep. who got a case of road rage & pulled his piece on some enlisted Navy kid after chasing him for a few miles.  Think he got arrested, but I never did find out what ultimately happened.
View Quote

It isn't shocking that the oldest Federal law enforcement agency has had problems.  It isn't perfect, big deal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then leave and raid the correct house next to it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Marshals have a great track record hitting the right house because they spend adaquete time establishing "proof of residence".
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I should totally be a Marshall, except I lack the swagger to pull off the hat....

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Then leave and raid the correct house next door?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then leave and raid the correct house next door?

Haha, no. Hit then a few times in the same week. Pulled 4 or 5 guys.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Marshals have a great track record hitting the right house because they spend adaquete time establishing "proof of residence".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear my neighbor is running a bed and breakfast for fleeing felons.

They get hit almost monthly and someone leaves with bracelets.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It isn't shocking that the oldest Federal law enforcement agency has had problems.  It isn't perfect, big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you know, if anyone on here ever uses the terms "coon" or "nigger" in reference to another member on this site who is black, we'll just take a page from the USMS & give them a pass - maybe buy them a free gold membership - since it's just a "problem" & no one is "perfect".

For one, I wouldn't insult the word "perfect" by using it in the same sentence with USMS.  For another, some of the behavior of deputies & leadership was/is flat out criminal, & the culture rewarded the perps & punished anyone who dared to raise a red flag.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, you know, if anyone on here ever uses the terms "coon" or "nigger" in reference to another another member on this site who is black, we'll just take a page from the USMS & give them a pass - maybe buy them a free gold membership - since it's just a "problem" & no one is "perfect".

For one, I wouldn't insult the word "perfect" by using it in the same sentence with USMS.  For another, some of the behavior of deputies & leadership was/is flat out criminal, & the culture rewarded the perps & punished anyone who dared to raise a red flag.
View Quote

Whatever, I deal with the Seattle and Tacoma Marshals.  We don't have those problems.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#26]
They are nyc marshalls.  I'm sure extorris will be along shortly to correct me, but I believe they are used mostly to carry out eviction warrants.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

What movie is that from?

And for some reason that article reads like satire/ the onion.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Whatever, I deal with the Seattle and Tacoma Marshals.  We don't have those problems.
View Quote

Yes, of course, it's someone else's problem, so "whatever".  Not my problem = not my concern.  That's public service.

Keep looking out for #1.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't you think you may be over generalizing an agency because of a couple of individuals? I'm sure there's a few racist teachers, clergy etc. but don't paint the whole profession as a bunch of racists.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, of course, it's someone else's problem, so "whatever".  Not my problem = not my concern.  That's public service.

Keep looking out for #1.
View Quote

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What movie is that from?

And for some reason that article reads like satire/ the onion.
View Quote

Falling Down.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Keep looking out for #1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep looking out for #1.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't you think you may be over generalizing an agency because of a couple of individuals? I'm sure there's a few racist teachers, clergy etc. but don't paint the whole profession as a bunch of racists.
View Quote

Okay, to be fair, I'll admit my opinion is partially attributable to personal experience, where in my case, I honestly didn't expect the apathy & laziness - for 6 months - that I dealt with on their part.  180-deg opposite of what I'd heard, & was told, about them.

But more to the point, the racism problems were sent up the food chain to other locations in the org, & the handling was consistent.  USMS stone walled &/or administratively punished anyone, regardless of color, who spoke up when they saw the problem.  It'm not painting a profession.  I'm speaking to the problem of a particular org.  For that matter, the Catholic Church doesn't get a pass from me for all the cover up that was committed over perp priests.  

I have no respect for a group that poses as a keeper of "excellence", "high standards", etc, etc, but then covers or protects the hypocrisy that goes on internally.  Wrong is wrong.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Okay, to be fair, I'll admit my opinion is partially attributable to personal experience, where in my case, I honestly didn't expect the apathy & laziness - for 6 months - that I encountered with on their part.  180-deg opposite of what I heard & was told about them.

But more to the point, the racism problems were sent up the food chain to other locations in the org, & the handling was consistent.  USMS stone walled &/or administratively punished anyone, regardless of color, who spoke up when they saw the problem.  It'm not painting a profession.  I'm speaking to the problem of a particular org.  For that matter, the Catholic Church doesn't get a pass from me for all the cover up that was committed over perp priests.  

I have no respect for a group that poses as a keeper of "excellence", "high standards", etc, etc, but then covers or protects the hypocrisy that goes on internally.  Wrong is wrong.
View Quote

Wow, you must have spent some time on that bs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#35]
If this story is even true......

Start shit like that in some other state and you are liable to get DRT Mr. Drunk Guy waving a Gun around.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, to be fair, I'll admit my opinion is partially attributable to personal experience, where in my case, I honestly didn't expect the apathy & laziness - for 6 months - that I encountered with on their part.  180-deg opposite of what I heard & was told about them.

Like I said, it went on 6 months.  If you think it's "BS", do a search of the individuals I mentioned, & see what comes up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll bet he's going to be pretty much McFucked over this one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#38]
dupe
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, that guys job is done. Forever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/552334755.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=642

A McGrumpy US Marshal wasn’t lovin’ the wait at a Brooklyn McDonald’s — so he whipped out a loaded gun and pointed it at the terrified cashier and customers, cops said Sunday.

Drunken off-duty Deputy Marshal Charles Brown, 30, stumbled into the fast-food joint in Bay Ridge around 1:20 a.m. Saturday and quickly started a beef, according to police.

The fried lawman began yelling at cashier Joanna Diaz, 41, about the long wait for his food, police sources said.

Brown then allegedly pulled out his loaded service weapon and pointed it at Diaz before wheeling around and training his gun on terrified customers inside the 86th Street eatery.

The marshal zeroed in on a 21-year-old man behind him in line who tried to intervene on the cashier’s behalf, cops said.

As workers frantically dialed 911, Brown’s order came up, and he paid for his food and fled, sources said.

Responding cops canvassed the area and found Brown on the street. He was arrested and hit with a slew of charges, including menacing, harassment and violating firearm license regulations.

Brown, who lives with his father in a ritzy Bay Ridge co-op, did not return a message for comment. His father answered the door at the apartment but declined to talk to The Post

Link
View Quote

lol, so Charlie Brown got drunk and pointed a gun at a 41 y.o. mcdonalds cashier?...So much fail in that story , enough fail for all
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#41]
People are ready to snap out there.  The local news had a story about an otherwise normal guy who assaulted a woman in a grocery check out line because she was taking a long time with coupons.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Dupe of my dupe.

Quoted:
And if by chance, one of NYC''s 400 CCP holders, one of the 15 or so that don't have bodyguards were to have shot the unstable man, they would be going to jail for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There's a lot more than 400.

Quoted:
They are nyc marshalls.  I'm sure extorris will be along shortly to correct me, but I believe they are used mostly to carry out eviction warrants.

All the articles I've seen have said he's a US Marshal not a NYC Marshal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Deputy Marshall Charlie Brown.  Enough said.
View Quote

A drunk Federal LEO drawing down on a McDonald's cashier in Brooklyn NY @ 1AM on a Saturday over a diet coke,
Yep, Sounds like  "Richness & Diverseness" has reached its long tentacles into the Marshall Service!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Falling Down.
View Quote

That movie should be required viewing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#45]
off-duty Deputy Marshal
View Quote

What happened to police always being on duty?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
dupe
View Quote
Yep.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1945712_.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#48]
I remember that one time when Deputy Marshal Festus got mad when Sam (a bartender) was too slow bringing his beer, he drew down on Miss Kitty, then waved his sidearm all around (sweeping everyone in the bar), his boss, Matt, just chuckled. A local doctor was really the only one who was mad about it.
So yea, I can believe this from the Marshal Service.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Keep looking out for #1.
View Quote

What is he supposed to do, start campaigning online to make the USMS great again? Get real.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top