BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2016 10:44:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing I want or need, just gotta decide what to get others.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Using the word "drams" in a sentence. +1

I give you an 11/10

I wanted a cheese press and got it. My favorite gift I received this year was today. I am blessed enough that I discovered an old woman, recently widowed, with cancer is struggling. My wife and I had never met her until we arrived at her home with a load of groceries and a little cash.
The hug she gave me was the best present I got this year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm one.
The wife and I get what we want when we want, no need for holiday excuses.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I am quite content with what I have, and every year I tell my kids just a Christmas card, spend your money on my G-kids!  That's what I do, spend money on the grandkids!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm one.
View Quote

Exactly this.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
There is nobody under this roof that needs anything, but yet she finds a way to spend thousands of dollars every year. Christmas is nothing now compared to what it used to be. In fact, the only way I can tell its Christmas, is that there is a fake tree in the living room, there's money flying out of the bank account and shes constantly shopping.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Already got what i wanted
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is nobody under this roof that needs anything, but yet she finds a way to spend thousands of dollars every year. Christmas is nothing now compared to what it used to be. In fact, the only way I can tell its Christmas, is that there is a fake tree in the living room, there's money flying out of the bank account and shes constantly shopping.
View Quote

Thousands? Holy crap. GD makes too much money lol.

We spend maybe $300, $400 for Christmas. I'm constantly reminded that I am DIRT POOR compared to GD
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Boys got snow tires. Will probally buy a handful of restaurant gift cards as a presant for thd wife an I
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I do not need anything, I've got more shit (although good shit) then one man needs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing needed or wanted here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]
i wont lie like the others, i want stuff.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I can always find things I want, but for the most part the serious wants and such are taken care of. Things are good. Cant complain, and no one listens when I do. 
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
All I want for Christmas is to be with my family...see my daughter smile and play with her toys....eat some ham...and then when the night comes and the little one heads off to bed, I want to sit in front of the fireplace and have a couple of drinks.

That's it....nothing more.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I give myself the gift of NO STRESS Christmas!  Jesus is the reason for the season......  NOT WALMART!  
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I just bought all the stuff I wanted myself
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#20]
When I'm asked what I want for Christmas, I usually say I want to want nothing.

I don't have much, but what I do have I adore.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like an airplane, but that's not gonna happen, so I'm good.
Christmas is for the kids and grand kids.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#22]

I've finally gotten virtually everyone to stop buying me Christmas gifts.  On the other hand, I've reached the part of my life where giving and being generous is important to me so I've been enjoying Christmas in a way I never have before.

It's nice to bring joy and happiness to friends and family when they receive things they need and/or want and perhaps wouldn't otherwise have or buy on their own.  It's been unexpectedly fun to do the detective work in finding out what would be a really remarkable gift for the people on Santa Brassburn's list.

Being generous and giving is a much better kind of happiness and satisfaction than receiving gifts, no matter how big or small, could ever be.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Using the word "drams" in a sentence. +1

I give you an 11/10

I wanted a cheese press and got it. My favorite gift I received this year was today. I am blessed enough that I discovered an old woman, recently widowed, with cancer is struggling. My wife and I had never met her until we arrived at her home with a load of groceries and a little cash.
The hug she gave me was the best present I got this year.
View Quote
Sir.  You own the internet for a week
Any and all naysayers can go fuck off.
Blessings & Merry Christmas

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm one.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Dont want or need anything,told everyone to not buy me any gifts
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Checking in.   I'm good with quiet.   Don't need or want anything at all.   It's a good feeling
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#27]
everyone needs an SR25 or NODS so talk them ball and chains into that shit
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't really need anything and told the wife so, problem is now she wont tell me anything she may want.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I can never think of reasonable thing i want. The stuff I want is always ~500 or more, and I don't expect my family and friends to spend that on me.

So I typically say cash or surprise me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#30]
SO and I can buy what we want, when we want so xmas has lost a lot of luster. anyone, including the SO who buys me gifts usually gets me something cheap and stupid that I would never want anyway so its a hassle to pretend I'm happy opening gifts when I'm sad I have a pile of stuff I don't want or need and someone else wasted money on it.

I don't think I received a gift I enjoyed in the last 10 yrs straight. it was hit and miss for years before that. one of my favorite xmas experiences was as a 15 yo my parents "lost" all my gifts (it was legit, they liked to hide them all). I had a great time enjoying watching my family open gifts. looking forward to xmas means looking forward to a few days of relaxation, and little kids who are excited to see what santa brings.  I agree with OP.

Good will loves me the week after xmas. most of the stuff I get goes there along with the kids toys from last year.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#31]
No bonus that I know of yet.

No gifts received or given personally.

Just me and myself for the first time in over a decade.

Feels good man not to have to worry about that.

I'll get my crew leaders something but that'll be about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Exactly this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm one.

Exactly this.

Me too
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm very thankful to have received a bonus this year, but I'm through trying to "figure out" what to get myself.  It's going in savings and towards gifts for family.  Anyone else realizing you are in this blessed condition?  I spent the better part of the day looking for shit to buy, and after a few drams of whiskey, I've finally gained some wisdom tonight.
View Quote

Yeah, bought some hammocks, 2 for 1, will wrap one and hold the other for a couple of years...
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Christmas would be a lot better if there was no expectation to exchange gifts. A bonus at work would be nice though
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm fine on small things. Just need some big things. What I do is tell my dad, "get me this thing and just have everyone else pitch in, it'll simplify everything. Also pretend it was your idea, I'll act surprised". Then I'm happy because I got my Big Thing, and everyone else is happy because they were relieved of the burden of being creative.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can never think of reasonable thing i want. The stuff I want is always ~500 or more, and I don't expect my family and friends to spend that on me.

So I typically say nothingcash or surprise me.
View Quote

Fixed for my situation.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Bought myself an amazon kindle white 300 dpi and leather case today.

Having decided that I spend too much time on arfcom (really, its like noshing on an endless bowl of pork rinds) I'm going to let my membership expire in Jan and instead try to consume some good books while I try to wait out these long winter nights.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#38]
I really want to finish my "truck" AR build, but a complete barrel assembly with pinned A2 front sight gas block sans upper receiver doesn't come around on the EE very often.

Plus, the budget for gifts was really tight this year anyway. We spent $75 on each other and that's all.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#39]
 The only family I have left alive is my mother, that is the best & most I could ever ask for anytime of the year. She and I will spend Christmas Eve and Day together, best present I could ever hope for.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Told my wife I didn't really want or need anything this year, yet she says she can't not get me something. I built my 24x40 shop this summer and I am perfectly content saying my Christmas present is in the back yard. Now I can't help myself when it comes to the kiddo, I have a hard time not buying everything he wants, yet needs nothing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When I'm asked what I want for Christmas, I usually say I want to want nothing.

I don't have much, but what I do have I adore.
View Quote

Well, if you will log out and log back in you'll have a team membership. Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#43]
For the first time in several years there is actually something I need.  Trolling motor battery croaked on one of my boats.  Told the wife to get me a $100 Walmart gift card to use to replace it.  I hate getting stuff I have no use for and have a house full of it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Nothing here.  I'm honestly far more blessed than I deserve.

We did finish up the last episode of The Exorcist tonight which inspired me to order The Long Kiss Goodnight as a Geena Davis/Christmas movie because my wife hasn't seen it.  We'll pretend that 90s Geena Davis is a gift for both of us.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nothing here.  I'm honestly far more blessed than I deserve.

We did finish up the last episode of The Exorcist tonight which inspired me to order The Long Kiss Goodnight as a Geena Davis/Christmas movie because my wife hasn't seen it.  We'll pretend that 90s Geena Davis is a gift for both of us.  
View Quote

That's as good a gift as any.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:40:07 AM EDT
[#46]
I need socks and underwear. Christmas is my hookup.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:03:20 AM EDT
[#47]
All I need is air  and a place not to piss on my feet
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:11:26 AM EDT
[#48]
I think I spent more on myself getting stuff I actually want to help with the fake smiles and thank yous xmass morning, then I did on everyone else...
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:32:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Nothing needed here.  I've got everything i want, except for a house, and i'll have the down payment for that this time next year so...fuck it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#50]
My family decided a couple of years ago that Christmas would be strictly for the children (17 years and younger).  My kids are all grown and have families of their own.  There is no exchange of gifts between the adults.  All of us are well taken care of with great paying employment or a solid retirement and can purchase most anything we desire.  The wife and I buy presents for the grandkids; additionally we contribute to their college savings accounts.  The adults just enjoy being in each others company.  Good food, good conversation, good memories, along with a good shoot out in the West Desert the day after Christmas.  We all have been blessed, and are extremely thankful for what we have.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top