Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I want page 2 for christmas
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can never think of reasonable thing i want. The stuff I want is always ~500 or more, and I don't expect my family and friends to spend that on me.

So I typically say cash or surprise me.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My family decided a couple of years ago that Christmas would be strictly for the children (17 years and younger).  My kids are all grown and have families of their own.  There is no exchange of gifts between the adults.  All of us are well taken care of with great paying employment or a solid retirement and can purchase most anything we desire.  The wife and I buy presents for the grandkids; additionally we contribute to their college savings accounts.  The adults just enjoy being in each others company.  Good food, good conversation, good memories, along with a good shoot out in the West Desert the day after Christmas.  We all have been blessed, and are extremely thankful for what we have.
View Quote

I just wanted to comment on your avatar. That is a damn fine fish sir!! Is it a brown? Im hoping one of my boys gets one next time we go out. They are 14 and 9 and they love to fish as much as I do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't need a,thing,but I do buy myself  some nice presents
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm one.
The wife and I get what we want when we want, no need for holiday excuses.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Like most of us the shit I need is too expensive.   Many mid-high end optics needed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're the same way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Me. There's absolutely nothing i want or need...
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
It is very hard to buy me something I want and need, I like very specific computing equipment due to the sort of work I do with them. 

I had to purposefully take up collecting something that was relatively easy to find, and had a wide array of price ranges, just so I would not be hard to buy for.  I like pocket knives, so why not make that the thing?  If you're hard to buy for, and it causes a hassle to people who care about you, maybe try something similar?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife likes when I get her suprise gifts so we still do it. I don't need anything but she got my a set of knippex cresent wrenches. Haven't wrenched with them yet but I can tell they're going to be sweet, I use my cheap chineese cresent wrench enough that I know these will come In handy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is nobody under this roof that needs anything, but yet she finds a way to spend thousands of dollars every year. Christmas is nothing now compared to what it used to be. In fact, the only way I can tell its Christmas, is that there is a fake tree in the living room, there's money flying out of the bank account and shes constantly shopping.
View Quote

This is my post, but I don't remember typing it.

verbatim.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd like a Cessna 172 with insurance, hanger fees, and annual cost all covered. I'd pay the fuel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My family decided a couple of years ago that Christmas would be strictly for the children (17 years and younger).  My kids are all grown and have families of their own.  There is no exchange of gifts between the adults.  All of us are well taken care of with great paying employment or a solid retirement and can purchase most anything we desire.  The wife and I buy presents for the grandkids; additionally we contribute to their college savings accounts.  The adults just enjoy being in each others company.  Good food, good conversation, good memories, along with a good shoot out in the West Desert the day after Christmas.  We all have been blessed, and are extremely thankful for what we have.
View Quote

I wish our family would do the same thing.
We are all adults with jobs and financial situations that allow us to buy anything we want that would reasonably be given as a gift (under a couple hundred bucks).
The spirit of the holiday is spending time with family and making memories, not spending hours trying to figure out what Chinese made gadget that they may or may not want.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Every year for as long as I can remember "don't get me anything, give to those in need"
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Cash is always nice.  I have way too much "stuff" already.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top