Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure, op.

Idiots are causing their own accidents.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blame to go around, but the comcast drivers were putting their lives and trucks at risk for no reason other then blind adherence to their protocol. They should have parked further down the road and/or set out more cones further up the hill.

Drivers shoudl have adapted to shitty conditions, comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
View Quote

Why would he park the boom truck next to a pole hes not working on, how would it even reach?

Comcast doesn't do traffic, and no cops had even showed up at any point in the video.  Maybe dbag camera guy could take it upon himself to direct traffic, or maybe he saw how futile it was and just wanted to vent?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
What a bunch of fucking retards. Who the fuck goes that goddamned fast in those conditions???
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch out everyone!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder how long it's going to be before the remaining repair guys have to attend some training class where they're taught what YouTube is, and how it can get you fired.  
View Quote

They won't get fired. I'm sure their union is already at work.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They won't get fired. I'm sure their union is already at work.
View Quote

True, and after all, it is Comcast.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Comcast guy may be wrong but that doesn't make any of those drivers any less at fault.  

You have to drive at a speed suitable for the conditions.  If it's not the Comcast guy on the other side of the hill maybe it's a kid crossing the street, or another motorist who broke down, or some random hard object that fell off a truck.  The bottom line is that if you can't see it in time to stop for it in the conditions as they are then you are going too fast.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
maybe people should slow down in conditions that prevent them from stopping their cars?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
This would never happen in New England. well maybe Connecticut/Rhode Island
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hypothetically speaking what if the Comcast truck wasn't there and that school bus was stopped at the bottom of the hill letting little Billy and Suzie off?

Still don't think the drivers would be held responsible for their shit driving?
View Quote

Or a squad making a traffic stop.  Or a deer in the road.  Or some debris in the road.  Or a broken down car.  Or a car waiting to turn left.
Those idiots would blame anyone and anything else besides their own poor decisions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]
DEPLOY CONES!!!!

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit camera guy go get laid or something.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I remember my first winter driving too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone remember the idiots in cars on ice thread a few years ago? Near the end of the video, the utility worker finally puts no his yellow lights after multiple crashes near his truck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#16]
The best part are the kids at play signs the guy put out which didn't do shit to stop the pickup from rear ending the car, he didn't even put them on the reverse side of the hill.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Those are commercial vehicles and the cones are not spaced as federal law requires.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Comcast is not responsible for people's stupidity.

if the idiot that filmed it had half a brain he would have called the sheriff to get a deputy out there slow the idiots down flying over the hill
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A hill, icy road conditions, previous accidents with required cone distance, and he admits he knows they are speeding.  He is fucking prick of the highest order.  IMHO.
View Quote

What if it was a person or an animal walking down or across the road.  Last I checked people and animals don't have safety cones.  Those people were ALL driving to fast for the conditions and want to pass the blame onto someone else.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#21]
All I see is yankees who can't drive
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bullshit, unless there are cones before the hill, all those accidents are COMPLETELY his fault.
View Quote

And then people would complain that they turned a 1/2 mile of two lane into one lane.

It's not his fault. Blame the drivers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They could use a warning sign 100' tall with flaming letters and no difference would be noticed.
View Quote

Yup, ask anyone who's worked in a road.  People don't give a shit about yellow lights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bullshit, unless there are cones before the hill, all those accidents are COMPLETELY his fault.
View Quote

40/45mph road, all that distance from the hill to the trucks....

This must be in the south where everyone has summer tires or its a lot icier than it looks, but still.

But they're only there because someone crashed there in the first place.

Me thinks these people can't drive for shit.

But if guy videoing wanted results, should have called 911 and got the chips to rush out.

Fun video though
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Reminds me of this one a few years ago.

Hwy 41-45 Crashes
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Blame to go around, but the comcast drivers were putting their lives and trucks at risk for no reason other then blind adherence to their protocol. They should have parked further down the road and/or set out more cones further up the hill.

Drivers shoudl have adapted to shitty conditions, comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
View Quote

This.

Adapt or die.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Holy shit those people suck at driving lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Drivers are idiots.  Comcast was dumb as hell for staying there when they seen there was a problem.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Dumb people are everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#30]
GD told me that everyone up north knows how to drive in icy conditions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like people were driving too damn fast for the conditions to me
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Those workers were fucking assholes. Sorry, if you see several cars in a ditch as a result of your work site, you need to change something even if people are going to fast.The speeders are not the only ones at risk of getting hurt.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, this right here. Assholes and idiots all the way around.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#34]
What a bunch of dicks. I'm sure they are protected by their union as they followed all of the guidelines.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#35]
If you come over a blind hill, especially in bad conditions, you are responsible for what you hit.

You're in a moderately populated area, you can run into anything, once you clear that hill. If someone was stopped, waiting for traffic, to turn into their driveway, ALL of the drivers who ended up hitting something or sliding off the road would still have hit something or slid off the road.

By the School buses passing the site, I'd also assume it's close to school pickup or drop off time. What happens when the guy in the old Chevy comes flying over the hill, to find a bus stopped on the other side? Does he hit the bus or the kids crossing the road? He sure wasn't going to stop.

How many failure to control and assured clear distance tickets were handed out after this mess? I'm guessing more than one and you can bet video guy saw that happen, too. Notice how he doesn't mention none of the drivers were cited?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#37]
That is some shitty driving. Way too fast for conditions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yup. Totally that dude's fault the Chevy came FLYING over the hill and hit that car.
View Quote

Then stayed in the gas and rode through a couple yards. . Not a fan of Comcast but the camera guy needs a throat punch, those folks were hauling ass in poor conditions.  A few Failure to maintain control citations would be in order.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#39]
It looks like the problem is that people are going too damn fast on a road covered with ice.   Slow the hell down!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#40]

My gut is calling this one 85/15. 85% drivers fault for exceeding braking ability. 15% Comcast for not adapting their cone strategy to help maximize safety.

Gavel bang. Next case!

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Lol at the Chevy truck. Speeding, hits car, hits tree, still spinning tires in the yard. Someone asleep at the wheel?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I hate Comcast for sure but those crashers were driving too fast for the conditions. The site is pretty level and straight they should be able to slow or stop for that without loss of control regardless of placement and amount of cones. Setting out your own cones may not be a good idea either if you are claiming Comcast is irresponsible, now you are too. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#43]
The guy in the black pickup needs a reckless driving ticket.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lol at the Chevy truck. Speeding, hits car, hits tree, still spinning tires in the yard. Someone asleep at the wheel?
View Quote
Pinball Wizard coming through!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'll put the blame on Comcast because I hate them with a deep, burning passion.
View Quote

i hate them too, but right is right. this is the new world we live in boys. "i shit the bed, now let me find someone to blame."
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Comcast knowingly and without care or concern created a road hazard in icy bad road conditions. They sat there and observed wreck after wreck after wreck. Fuck be upon them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Some of you have no clue WTF you're talking about. There are standards for shutting down lanes. States, counties, cities etc all have these in place in one form or another.These Comcast dipshits are jeopardizing peoples safety with their illegal lane closure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

More cones would not have worked.  If anything it would have made things worse.
View Quote

Yup, more cones would have put the tarded divers on the wrong side of the road at a blind crest.

We have a ticket here for what every driver should have received except the car that got rearended.

Conditions Requiring Reduced Speed.
You can get that citation for driving the speed limit at night. Never mind the mess they were in.
Speed limits are established with optimum conditions being considered. Dry, daylight, and clear.

You Tube dude is dumb and looking for internet fame and drivers suck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#49]
You should be able to stop for that in the current conditions. If not, you are driving too fast. There are laws to fill volumes about marking and cones and flashing lights for every situation on every type of road. If you can't control your vehicle you need to slow down regardless of what may be in the road.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
<snip> you need to change something even if people are going to fast.
View Quote

quote of the day folks. "i did something wrong, and you need to change because of it".
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top