Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Comcast guy may be wrong but that doesn't make any of those drivers any less at fault.  

You have to drive at a speed suitable for the conditions.  If it's not the Comcast guy on the other side of the hill maybe it's a kid crossing the street, or another motorist who broke down, or some random hard object that fell off a truck.  The bottom line is that if you can't see it in time to stop for it in the conditions as they are then you are going too fast.
View Quote
+1

40 mph speed limit don't mean shit when conditions are bad, 20 or 25 may have been more appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Blame to go around, but the comcast drivers were putting their lives and trucks at risk for no reason other then blind adherence to their protocol. They should have parked further down the road and/or set out more cones further up the hill.

Drivers shoudl have adapted to shitty conditions, comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
View Quote

Pretty spot on...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Those people are driving too fast for conditions. 

The ones piling in STILL going too fast seeing all the fucking calamity are grossly negligent.

Sorry, just totally can't put this on the guy with the truck.   
View Quote

thats what i see. they are going too fast on icy road.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
+1

40 mph speed limit don't mean shit when conditions are bad, 20 or 25 may have been more appropriate.
View Quote

So only 2 or 3 cones? Lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of idiotisms.
Comcast guy:  We own this whole mofo so fuck off.  Our union rules say this for cones and signage.
Drivers: It's icy so we should not modify our driving habits one bit.
Cam guy: Don't do anything helpful like walk back to the crest of the hill and wave your arms.  Don't call the popo either.  
But do get in the Comcast clowns face and be a drama lama.
Chevy guy: Don't fix your brakes or let off the goddamned skinny pedal esp if you are in somebodies yard.  

Fail train unlocked.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup.

The neighborhood autist harassing these guys that are trying to do a damn job are not helping.

Sure would be unfortunate if that guy had a cable outage and they told him "sorry, we can't fix it until spring when the weather improves".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should've taken the guy for s ride in his own bucket.

Did you film that?

Those people are driving too fast for conditions. 

The ones piling in STILL going too fast seeing all the fucking calamity are grossly negligent.

Sorry, just totally can't put this on the guy with the truck.   

Yup.

The neighborhood autist harassing these guys that are trying to do a damn job are not helping.

Sure would be unfortunate if that guy had a cable outage and they told him "sorry, we can't fix it until spring when the weather improves".

da fuq???????????  

if the hill weren't there I would agree with you guys.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The drivers crashing and sliding off the road were going way too fast.

No fucks given.

Guy filming it is a whining bitch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just imagine all the accidents from folks making left turns on that road in heavy traffic. Oh wait it's just like the Comcast vehicle stopped in the road, but without cones.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
What a hysterical faggot.
I wonder if he is going to make more more videos when tow trucks are blocking
The road pulling those idiots out of the ditch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The truck was parked for work area protection.  Why was everyone driving so fast in those conditions? I would have told my guys to do the same thing, fuck everyone that was to drive that fast in those conditions. The work still has to get completed and it's not going to stop because you're in a rush and driving unsafe in those conditions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Why didn't anyone call for both a cop and a salt truck?

Almost everyone involved in that was pretty much an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why didn't anyone call for both a cop and a salt truck?

Almost everyone involved in that was pretty much an idiot.
View Quote

Calling the cops would have been a great idea to issue citations to the people driving unsafe on those conditions. The Comcast guys were in the right, they park that way to use there truck to block speeding idiots. If the hill was there and they couldn't see what's over it, then why not slow down to be on safe side?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Of course there's an old as shit chevy truck driving three times faster than he should be for the conditions.

I blame the yokels, not the cable guy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This likely could be the dumbest thing I have read all day.
View Quote

You sound EXACTLY like the immature type who is a reddit fanboy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like to me people are going to fast for the conditions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Calling the cops would have been a great idea to issue citations to the people driving unsafe on those conditions. The Comcast guys were in the right, they park that way to use there truck to block speeding idiots. If the hill was there and they couldn't see what's over it, then why not slow down to be on safe side?  I never understand people blaming others for verifiable intelligence issues.
View Quote

It's really simple. A smart cop would have sized up the situation and parked at the crest of the hill with his flashing lights on and made sure a salt truck came asap to fix that spot in the road.
In WI, we typically salt intersections and potentially dangerous areas asap.
We realise that there will be stupid drivers, especially on the first storms of the season and take precautions.
It's nice to expect that everyone is smart enough to handle adverse conditions, but the reality is not that way, so we adjust.
Comcast should have waited until the road was cleared of ice before starting work. I suspect this was in a southern state where very few of the people understand these kind of conditions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Of course there's an old as shit chevy truck driving three times faster than he should be for the conditions.

I blame the yokels, not the cable guy.
View Quote

The asshole at 2:25?

Too bad he didn't do society a favor by slamming into one of those trees and have his face caved in.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm guessing Comcast Guy #2 no longer has to worry about the whole "gotta job ta do" thing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit those folks are driving WAY too fast for conditions.  The drivers are at fault completely.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#20]
It was kind of a meh video until Leroy Jenkins hydroplaned his shitbox into the VW.

No ABS? Icy road? Cars on the side of the road? Slowing down and exercising caution is not an option.

Speeders are definitely at fault but Comcast guys could have given a little bit of a shit, if nothing more than for their own safety.  For a truck that kind of blends in with the road and the snow, I'd think they'd have some brighter lights like some strobes and LEDs. Their lights look pretty weak.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Was this guy deploying cones?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
.....it was filmed in IN.
View Quote

Weird because many people here have assured everyone that northerners are born driving on ice and are perfect at it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Weird because many people here have assured everyone that northerners are born driving on ice and are perfect at it.
View Quote

They are borderline Northerners... They still have that Kentucky accent and all. And they are from Indiana.... nuf said!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a blind mother lovin hill!!!!! There should have been cones up at the top of the hill. Every one of those drivers will have an ambulance chaser on the case. They will all settle but Comcast will be paying out on this one.

Then there is the Comcast workers who would make wonderful JBT's. He needs to have an attitude correction pronto. I heard "just doing my job", "as long as I get home safe". What the actual fuck. Take a minute to improve the safety of the situation instead of running your mouth.

Oh and apparently it's super deep derp day here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They are borderline Northerners... They still have that Kentucky accent and all. And they are from Indiana.... nuf said!
View Quote

KY/IN/OH driving can be weird.  You can go from wet snow with decent traction to complete zero traction ice in a matter of minutes.  The latter 15 mph is fast enough.  If the wind picks up it freezes over instantly.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#27]
lol really.

its like 200 yards from the hill to the first cones.

how much road should they have closed, all of it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lol at the Chevy truck. Speeding, hits car, hits tree, still spinning tires in the yard. Someone asleep at the wheel?
View Quote

Yeah, he sure didn't seem to stop the way I thought he would.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Sounds like wade from gta v
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Around here, the utility trucks (cable included) place "MEN WORKING" (or whatever the latest gender compliant signage is) signs on the shoulder well in advance of the actual worksite.  A lot farther back than just the four cones.  I don't see any evidence of one of those signs, which would be back at the top of or even before the crest of the hill.

I dislike Comcast as much as anyone, but those guys probably have a specific rule book, and deviating from the written instructions will get them into a disciplinary situation, especially since they're union-represented.  So it's easier to do the job exactly as management has dictated, and let the company be responsible.  One of the unintended consequences of a collective bargaining environment.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#31]
What the Comcast crews should have done was not put cones out before the crest of the hill, but put "Men Working Ahead" and "Warning Lane Closed" ahead signs on the shoulder before the crest of the hill.  Probably wouldn't have helped prevent shit because asshole drivers drive like assholes, and I only saw one or two drivers there who was not driving like an asshole.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This likely could be the dumbest thing I have read all day.

I hope you aren't paid to form logical conclusions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#33]
snowflakes cant take responsibility for their driving and are looking to blame someone else.

go be a SJW someplace else.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#34]

It is interesting how the VW was able to maintain control (and, from all the way over here on the internet) seems to have minimal damage, while the chevy truck obviously took the worse end of the collision and then went apeshit through someone's yard.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
snowflakes cant take responsibility for their driving and are looking to blame someone else.

go be a SJW someplace else.

View Quote

Who said they shouldn't take responsibility?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I like how the black pick up kept going.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A hill, icy road conditions, previous accidents with required cone distance, and he admits he knows they are speeding.  He is fucking prick of the highest order.  IMHO.
View Quote

Yep, what the fuck is wrong with those people.  Stupidity everywhere, driving too fast for the conditions, people tailgating, morons out of their cars standing IN THE ROAD after sliding off the same road with more people still speeding in and sliding off, dude laying in front of car!

What the fuck backwoods shit hole is this?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#38]
As someone who works on roads, and bridges I will tell you the general public is retarded, and should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle.. Comcast guy, may not have had the proper sign package to warn motorist ahead of time, however Im sure he's had several close calls in his life (As have I) so his "Meh fuck em all, my safety first" is pretty much the standard...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#39]
That's one bucket truck full of dumb from the Comcast guy.  He seriously put his own life at risk by being too damn lazy to set the cones farther up the hill.

If you're watching car after car after truck spin/ slide/ wreck all around you....that's a pretty big hint your utility truck could get ass-ended while you're 20' in the air.

Yeah, some were traveling too fast for the road conditions......but I got a feeling Comcast legal dept. is going to be working through the holidays on this.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Who said they shouldn't take responsibility?
View Quote

"Comcast idiots causing car accidents. Someone should be fired."

unless you mean the shitty drivers of the dipshit standing around with his phone.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#41]
i'm trying to understand how driving too fast for conditions is comcasts fault? moralfag wannabe cop needed to get plowed by a sliding car, to close his cock-gobbler. what the fuck kind of faggot "cones" were they he had, anyways? worthless beta-ass snowflakes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Comcast may have the right number of cones out, but we're they spread out correctly? I doubt that he had the set up correctly. It's been to many years for me to remember the correct distance. He also should have posted construction ahead sign and lane closed sign.

I do agree drivers were driving to fast for the conditions of the road. It's there fault for crashing.

Also who was at fault for the first car? Not comcast.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Holy shit leave the Comcast dude alone and slow the fuck down in bad weather.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Or, here's an idea, Pajama Boy:  walk your ass to the crest of the hill and try to slow folks down, or you can just yell at the guys working from a distance and continue contributing to the problem.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Shutting down a lane in a high traffic area, in the ice, and parking the truck right in the middle of the road to fix someones cable is fucking stupid.
That's my first thought. Yes all the other people running off the road are idiots too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I love how everybody wants to get everybody else fired.  People will slit your throat over nothing.  Something I've learned in representing people.  They get mad at you, and they don't just want their money back, or whatever.  They want to get even.  They want you to lose your license.  They want you fired.  People are vicious bastards.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#47]
If the guy was worried about it...call the COPS.  The comcast guy was putting out what he needed (per his company)...that last guy in the truck was fucking FLYING....didn't look like they had breaks either.  Drive slow, you never know what is over the hill.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Was the guy in the Chevy listening to Sammy Hagar
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#49]

So........who's at fault?  Parked vehicle or car driving along?

IMHO...........you're probably driving too fast for the road conditions.

But, yes.  The vehicle parked on the roadway or along the roadside (such as maintence and utility vehicles) is suppose to put out warning devices.   Were the warning adequate?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Shutting down a lane in a high traffic area, in the ice, and parking the truck right in the middle of the road to fix someones cable is fucking stupid.
That's my first thought. Yes all the other people running off the road are idiots too.
View Quote

Please explain the smart way to do it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top