Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2016 2:56:27 PM EDT
I happened to stop by a local Dicks sporting goods today and went back to look at some guns.

I asked to look at a rifle, and was told "I'm sorry sir, we are not able to sell any guns today, or even take them off the wall rack."  When I asked why, I was told:"it is because of the shooting situation that happened in Pike County, OH today".

WTF???

Since when does a gun store refuse to even let customers look at a gun because of a shooting that happened at a location over an hour away, and is not even an active situation?

That level of retardedness makes me never want to set foot in their store again.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Their store, their rules. As stupid as it may be.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Now you know where not to buy guns (you already should have though)
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The sign on the front of the building warned you
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
They are Dick's
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry I can't sell you a car, somebody ran off the road today.    
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
triggered
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I happened to stop by a local Dicks sporting goods today and went back to look at some guns.

I asked to look at a rifle, and was told "I'm sorry sir, we are not able to sell any guns today, or even take them off the wall rack."  When I asked why, I was told:"it is because of the shooting situation that happened in Pike County, OH today".

WTF???

Since when does a gun store refuse to even let customers look at a gun because of a shooting that happened at a location over an hour away, and is not even an active situation?

That level of retardedness makes me never want to set foot in their store again.

View Quote

You didn't go to a gun store.
You went to visit some Dick who happens to sell guns.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah. One does not simply find themselves in Dick's. Unless they shop there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I walked into a Dick's once.  Looked around for a few minutes.  Left.  Haven't been back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
We don't shop at the Dick's ever since their shenanigans of no longer selling the modern sporting rifle, the AR15.  I used to go all the time, haven't given them a dime since.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

*snort*
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Moose out front should have told you.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WTF???

View Quote

Now days, with everyone being so overly sensitive and politically correct.....companies are afraid to do anything that might offend someone, hurt their feelings, or give anyone a reason to throw a lawsuit at them.  It's sad that this is what our society has become. If I had a multi-million dollar company.....I would probably play the CYA card also.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#14]
They can suck a dick,go somewhere else
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Dick move.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
People actually buy guns from stores like Dick's and Gander Mountain?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Ever since Sandy Hook (or whatever other excuse they used) they stated publicly that they wouldn't sell ARs or equivalent EBRs. Some customers even got the shaft for ARs they'd ordered through dick's. At that point I'd only set foot in the local one once before. Never since.

They may as well sell off all their guns to other stores that actually sell them and just be done with the firearm market. Everytime a major crime happens they get worried that they're doing something wrong by selling something protected by the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LULZ was waiting for this upload

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Gun sales are usually halted by local politicians, are you sure it was the store doing it? ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gun sales are usually halted by local politicians, are you sure it was the store doing it? ?
View Quote

Politicians have the power to halt all gun sales just by decree?

Why hasn't Obama did that yet?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Your first mistake was shopping at Dick's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Haven't set foot in a dicks since after sandy hook.  Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I've never had a problem shopping there.
You know why?

Because I don't shop there. Fuck Dick's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't planning on buying there.  I am looking for a lever action 45-70 and they are about the only store in the local area that has a decent selection.   I was going to look at the different brands and models, and then buy online.

I also going to buy a box of turkey shells while I was there,  but left empty handed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck Dicks in the ass.

That's a weird sentence.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#27]
This is just another reason to never buy anything at Dicks. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  SPNI.  Going to Dicks was your first problem
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Local police chief?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, gander sells lots of guns. Have you ever bought one? It sounds like you haven't.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Local police chief?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local police chief?

No,  went down the street to Dunhams, and told the guy behind the counter what Dicks said, and he replied:"that's real stupid,  I'll sell you 7 or 8 guns if you want to buy them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Now you know why the name of the place is "Dick's"
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, gander sells lots of guns. Have you ever bought one? It sounds like you haven't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not from Gander....way overpriced
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP have you need under a rock for the last 3 years?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I wasn't planning on buying there.  I am looking for a lever action 45-70 and they are about the only store in the local area that has a decent selection.   I was going to look at the different brands and models, and then buy online.

I also going to buy a box of turkey shells while I was there,  but left empty handed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he picked that up and just didn't want to deal with someone who wasn't going to buy anything.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Dick's might be a decent place to buy cleats for your kid's upcoming soccer season or a baseball glove.

If they have ammo on sale, maybe you check availability if you're in the area.

In general, it's a place to be avoided.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No,  went down the street to Dunhams, and told the guy behind the counter what Dicks said, and he replied:"that's real stupid,  I'll sell you 7 or 8 guns if you want to buy them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local police chief?

Okay, which member here works at this Dunhams?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuck Dicks in the ass.

That's a weird sentence.
View Quote

You are fron oregon. So no. I would assume it is par for the course in modern sodom and gomorrah
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We don't shop at the Dick's ever since their shenanigans of no longer selling the modern sporting rifle, the AR15.  I used to go all the time, haven't given them a dime since.
View Quote

Same here; my wife and I used to spend a lot of money on exercise clothes and equipment there.

After their black rifle bullshit we don't go there anymore.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already said I wasn't planning on buying there.  But when you want to compare makes and models before you buy them onine,  and they are the only local store that has what your looking at.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Dick's might be a decent place to buy cleats for your kid's upcoming soccer season or a baseball glove.

If they have ammo on sale, maybe you check availability if you're in the area.

In general, it's a place to be avoided.
View Quote

I confess, I have purchased .22 from there recently. I was ashamed, but I got over it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local police chief?

I was actually impressed with Dunhams.  I hadn't been in there in awhile.  They just recently started carrying a really good variety of handguns,  and their rifle case was loaded with ARs and other military rifles.  They even had a 50 caliber bolt action on the counter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Haven't purchased from there since Sandy Hook and I don't intend to.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought an 870 Express from Gander Mountain once, but only because I was going to buy one anyhow and they had a sale. They had too much of their own paperwork, not required by law, to make it worth the hassle even IF they priced competitively.  I won't buy guns from them for that reason alone. I bought a set of dies from them yesterday though. They were cheaper than the internet once you figure shipping, plus there was no waiting for delivery. I'd buy reloading stuff from them again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I did an inspection at a Dick's Sporting Goods the other day. There was a FUDD there standing at the gun counter looking at BB guns and complaining, 'When I was a kid we could go to the general store on the corner and just buy a BB gun. Now I need to have an FPID to even look at them?'

I was laughing because he lives in NJ where BB guns have been classified as firearms since the 1960's.

Then my dispatcher sent me an email with just the word, "Dick's" which made me laugh even more because my dispatcher is a woman.

Yes, I'm easily amused.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You are fron oregon. So no. I would assume it is par for the course in modern sodom and gomorrah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Dicks in the ass.

That's a weird sentence.

I'm from the awesome side of Oregon. Sodom and Gomorrah are Portland and Eugene.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

WTF???

View Quote

Ahhh! Found the problem!

Fuck dicks (no homo)
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Field and Stream (same company) sells Dicks sells EBRs. Odd
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top