BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sorry I can't sell you a car, somebody ran off the road today.    
View Quote

Must have been drunk. Beer store couldn't sell me a six-pack or even let me open the cooler.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Now days, with everyone being so overly sensitive and politically correct.....companies are afraid to do anything that might offend someone, hurt their feelings, or give anyone a reason to throw a lawsuit at them.  It's sad that this is what our society has become. If I had a multi-million dollar company.....I would probably play the CYA card also.
View Quote

Wouldn't the mere sight of all those baby killin' machines on the wall send your imaginary wusses into cardiac arrest? Knowing that at any moment they could LEAP OFF THE WALL and trigger Ragnarok!

I'll ignore the bit about the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Local police chief?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun sales are usually halted by local politicians, are you sure it was the store doing it? ?

Local police chief?
Under what possible authority can a local politician order stores to stop selling a legal product?

The appropriately named dicks is on my boycott list anyway.  I don't buy guns from places that aren't black rifle friendly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Lesbians dont like Dicks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lesbians dont like Dicks.
View Quote

Nobody likes Dicks
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I happened to stop by a local Dicks sporting goods today and went back to look at some guns.

I asked to look at a rifle, and was told "I'm sorry sir, we are not able to sell any guns today, or even take them off the wall rack."  When I asked why, I was told:"it is because of the shooting situation that happened in Pike County, OH today".

WTF???

Since when does a gun store refuse to even let customers look at a gun because of a shooting that happened at a location over an hour away, and is not even an active situation?

That level of retardedness makes me never want to set foot in their store again.

View Quote
Why do you think it is called "Dicks?"

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We don't shop at the Dick's ever since their shenanigans of no longer selling the modern sporting rifle, the AR15.  I used to go all the time, haven't given them a dime since.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Under what possible authority can a local politician order stores to stop selling a legal product?  

The appropriately named dicks is on my boycott list anyway.  I don't buy guns from places that aren't black rifle friendly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun sales are usually halted by local politicians, are you sure it was the store doing it? ?

Local police chief?

A county  or state judge can and will restrict sales if he can tie it to civil unrest/public good. .  They do it on guns, ammo, alcohol and in the past, even gasoline.

California especially did this during the riots in the 60's/70's.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I happened to stop by a local Dicks sporting goods today and went back to look at some guns.

I asked to look at a rifle, and was told "I'm sorry sir, we are not able to sell any guns today, or even take them off the wall rack."  When I asked why, I was told:"it is because of the shooting situation that happened in Pike County, OH today".

WTF???

Since when does a gun store refuse to even let customers look at a gun because of a shooting that happened at a location over an hour away, and is not even an active situation?

That level of retardedness makes me never want to set foot in their store again.

View Quote

You're obviously unaware of their full retard act after Sandy Hook. I want set foot in there, or in the spinoff store Field and Stream.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Get with the program. We don't buy from Dick's or Troy. What the hell man
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The sign on the front of the building warned you
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People actually buy guns from stores like Dick's and Gander Mountain?
View Quote

I caught a clearance sale at gander one time, new G22 for 245.00, so I still check their sales out, might hit a good thing again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wasn't planning on buying there.  I am looking for a lever action 45-70 and they are about the only store in the local area that has a decent selection.   I was going to look at the different brands and models, and then buy online.

I also going to buy a box of turkey shells while I was there,  but left empty handed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't planning on buying there.  I am looking for a lever action 45-70 and they are about the only store in the local area that has a decent selection.   I was going to look at the different brands and models, and then buy online.

I also going to buy a box of turkey shells while I was there,  but left empty handed.

Maybe they could just tell you planned on wasting their time so they sent you packing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#14]
That bag from Dick's?  You just chocked on it OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

WTF???

View Quote

There is a certain degree of retardedness involved with just venturing into a Dicks.  Fuck Dicks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Opie, why are you still looking at dicks? Arfcom has then on the naughty list.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I won't go in there, not only because of "policies" like this one (and I'm willing to bet it wasn't a corporate decision you encountered, but some lower-level functionary, possibly even the counter salesman himself; all kinds of people take it upon themselves to do stupid things, not just CEOs), but because Dick's is essentially Big 5 or Academy Sports level gear, guns, and equipment, but at Cabela's or Gander Mountain pricing.  The last (and only) time I darkened their door, I kid you not, they had EXACTLY the same crap as the budget sporting goods stores, only with name-brand-level pricing.  No real selection, either, just rows upon rows of aisles upon aisles of the exact same things, over and over.  Too bad for them I didn't want to buy 40 pairs of Bates boots at Danner pricing...

The gun counter sucked, too; there was something like thirty iterations of the same rifle on display.  No variation, and it was all budget Savage, but at Remington and Browning prices.  Same situation with ammo.

The one and only thing they DID have a decent selection of was gun safes.  You know, for when you lock up all twenty seven Savage Axis .30-06's you just bought for 600 dollars apiece.

I won't ever darken their door again.  If I'm gonna pay Cabela's pricing, I'll just drive to a Cabela's.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

People with more money than sense and sometimes not even a lot of the first.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, gander sells lots of guns. Have you ever bought one? It sounds like you haven't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, gander sells lots of guns. Have you ever bought one? It sounds like you haven't.

Armslist prices now explained
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds a bit silly...other dealers around were certainly selling guns.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top