Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/18/2016 11:28:10 PM EDT
Yeah yeah, I know, Putin is a badass,  he has the will to win and we are soft etc. etc.

I have to believe there are noncombatants in the areas being bombed right now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b01_1455557247
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking for my fucks, but got distracted watching more videos of bombs falling.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't start shit, there won't be shit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The civilians are in Europe raping women.

Bombs away.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Less refuges.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Strange, I would think cluster munitions were highly effective in cities...
In a religious war (which is how the jihadis see it) there are no noncombatants.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In a religious war (which is how the jihadis see it) there are no noncombatants.
View Quote

That's what I don't get... Most of the seem to hit the tops and sides of buildings.

Maybe it's a psychological thing?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Cluster bombs are second best bombs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
People today don't seem to realize what a real war looks like.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's what I don't get... Most of the seem to hit the tops and sides of buildings.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From that angle you won't see the ones that make it to the ground, but yeah...  Sides, tops, bottoms of buildings....
I bet you would not want to be there when they hit
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. The news is showing starving children in FSA controlled towns talking about how bad the humanitarian crisis is. Starving children make great news.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The "non combatants" will be ready to fight in a very few short years.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#13]
America has lost the will to win a war.

We used to fire bomb and burn to death women, children and old people.............

We haven't won a war since.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, the description states the town is at the front line and empty.  

I'm ambivalent about it.  Would it be any less mean to use 2000 JDAMS?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Cuz fuck em, that's why.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry, no fucks given.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cluster bombs are second best bombs.
View Quote

Aren't a lot of our nukes targeted in a "cluster" fashion? That is, five warheads per target: one each to the north, south, east, west, and one in the middle, all to explode simultaneously? Seems like I read that somewhere way back. I remember it made me go:
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We used to fire bomb and burn to death women, children and old people.............

View Quote

Have you ever considered running for office?

"If elected, I promise our nation will burn women, children, and old people until we are great once more..."
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This. The news is showing starving children in FSA controlled towns talking about how bad the humanitarian crisis is. Starving children make great news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we bomb them they won't be able to complain about being starving
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Getting shit done, that's what that is.  Russia don't care.  
We'll see how effective it is.  I certainly wouldn't want to be the recipient of those drops.
Got to be in the walls to avoid that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Psyops. Keeps everybody inside and destroys the TV dishes. All day. Inside. No TV. Or internet. Cruel.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Those cities are practically emptied of anyone but combatants.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People today don't seem to realize what a real war looks like.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yeah yeah, I know, Putin is a badass,  he has the will to win and we are soft etc. etc.

View Quote

I wonder if there were any noncombatants in Dresden, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki?

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"If elected, I promise our nation will burn women, children, and old people until we are great once more..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'd get my vote.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

We can either fight the civilians there, or we can fight them here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#29]
If they run, they're ISIS,

If they don't run, they're well disciplined ISIS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The civilians are in Europe raping women.

Bombs away.

View Quote

Reading that while looking at your avatar is fucking hysterical

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#31]
My grandpa's B-17 dropped tons of bombs all over occupied Europe with the Eighth Air Force.

I'm sure some of them killed civilians, I'm also sure he never lost any sleep over it, nor should he have.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where the Fuck is that Like button?

Grandpa flew those

<==== the last time we did that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My grandpa's B-17 dropped tons of bombs all over occupied Europe with the Eighth Air Force.

I'm sure some of them killed civilians, I'm also sure he never lost any sleep over it, nor should he have.

View Quote

Yeah, it's perfectly o.k. if the U.S. kills civilians by the hundreds of thousands, but if someone else does it then it's a "war crime." If the Germans had fire bombed American cities like we did Dresden and others there wouldn't have been enough rope in Europe to hang them all.

No point getting up on your hind legs caterwauling about it: it's 100% true. That's the thing about killing civilians: if you're going to do it, you'd better win the war, because if you don't:

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:50:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Russia isn't getting shit done they are throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. They suck at targeting there is a time and place to use ICMs and a lot of the time they fuck it up. Speaking as someone who has had to clean up a few cluster bombs using the wrong ordnance on a target can give you bad to no effect and make it worse in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Rules of war... rules of engagement.

It seems like only the USA is the only one with ROE.

An example of how it should be...

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's perfectly o.k. if the U.S. kills civilians by the hundreds of thousands, but if someone else does it then it's a "war crime." If the Germans had fire bombed American cities like we did Dresden and others there wouldn't have been enough rope in Europe to hang them all.

No point getting up on your hind legs caterwauling about it: it's 100% true. That's the thing about killing civilians: if you're going to do it, you'd better win the war, because if you don't:

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/v16yjtyrt/image.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/v16yjtyrt/image.jpg</a>

Yes. Thats the nature of wars. You better win them if you dont want to die.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#37]
The usa is an absolute hypocrite nation.

It's not a good thing
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Russia isn't getting shit done they are throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. They suck at targeting there is a time and place to use ICMs and a lot of the time they fuck it up. Speaking as someone who has had to clean up a few cluster bombs using the wrong ordnance on a target can give you bad to no effect and make it worse in the long run.
View Quote

The SAA has made gains for the first time in a long time, essentially encircling Aleppo.  Their involvement has not been a game changer on the ground, but it has been helpful no doubt.  The political implications are more important anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:11:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

http://s2.postimg.org/v16yjtyrt/image.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://s2.postimg.org/v16yjtyrt/image.jpg

So you're saying my grandpa deserved to be hanged? But he got a pass because we won the war?

If it's 100% true then why was it that when the Germans lost, I don't seem to recall the Brits demanding the rounding up of every Luftwaffe aircrew that was on a Heinkel, Junkers or Dornier during the Blitz so they could string them all up in 1945?

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:15:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Russia has different ROE's than we do.  When they fight a war, they fight to exterminate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:19:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Needs moar Bears and carpet bombing.

Can't have an insurgency if no one is there to be insurgent.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#42]
We've gotten soft.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:52:28 AM EDT
[#43]
You have to play to win.  Half ass bs just prolongs the war.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet you he lost more sleep than you know about.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#45]
We also happen to be way better at hitting exactly what we want than we used to be.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck civcas! Don't want to get killed, leave the area the combatants are occupying.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:09:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck civcas! Don't want to get killed, leave the area the combatants are occupying.
View Quote

If they let you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
If they let you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they let you.

well they should fight back instead of running off to Europe or rolling over like the pussies they are.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
well they should fight back instead of running off to Europe or rolling over like the pussies they are.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they let you.

I'm talking about places like Ramadi where Isis blocked off the egress routes and the IA had to open them up while other units advances from a different direction. We provided the precision firepower. Even then the place looks like shit we just didn't kill as many non combatants.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

ISIS hides / shields them self behind civilians. In Irag the ROE (IIRC) was to avoid destroying mosque. Some "leader" holed up in one for 3-4 weeks, taking shots at US forces. Knowing the U.S would not level the mosque, bad press and all that PC shit.

These fuckers blow up bazaars for practice, not giving a fuck who gets killed or maimed. You want to play softball, go ahead.   Terrorism isn't or will never be a conventional war.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top