Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/2/2003 7:36:20 PM EDT
Seems like she's a prime candidate for the ARFcom Babe brigade??

By Susan Schmidt and Vernon Loeb
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, April 3, 2003; Page A01

Pfc. Jessica Lynch, rescued Tuesday from an Iraqi hospital, [b]fought fiercely and shot several enemy soldiers after Iraqi forces ambushed the Army's 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company, firing her weapon until she ran out of ammunition, U.S. officials said yesterday.[/b][b]DAYAM!![/b]

Lynch, a 19-year-old supply clerk, continued firing at the Iraqis even after she sustained multiple gunshot wounds and watched several other soldiers in her unit die around her in fighting March 23, one official said. The ambush took place after a 507th convoy, supporting the advancing 3rd Infantry Division, took a wrong turn near the southern city of Nasiriyah.

"She was fighting to the death," the official said. "She did not want to be taken alive."

Lynch was also stabbed when Iraqi forces closed in on her position, the official said, noting that initial intelligence reports indicated that she had been stabbed to death. No official gave any indication yesterday, however, that Lynch's wounds had been life-threatening.

Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn... Good country girl for you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, she's hardcore
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Naked_Scotsman...are we related? I did'nt think I had any Scots in my [b]NAKED[/b] family. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, she [b]IS[/b] from the south.......what'd you expect?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
West Virginian women are tough, but I doubt they are many as tough as she is.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Send word to the Iraquis. "Treat our POW's well, or after this "show", we'll sic the surviving ones and their families on you."

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ahhhhhhh DF..you've been hanging around ILL too much! [LOL]

Country girl can survive......too.[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey Naked_Scotsman...are we related? I did'nt think I had any Scots in my [b]NAKED[/b] family. [:D]
View Quote

[8D] Just a fellow [b]NAKED[/b] Floridian here! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#11]
dont take this the wrong way, but his is why women shouldnt be on the battlefield.  honestly the thought of iraqui fucknecks stabbing and shooting a woman makes me want to go sign up right now...

..dirty shitstains!!...

i hope she had nothing but headshots!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
[LOLabove] but really thank God for troops like her
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like we need more ladies like that. I am glad thos sexist Iraqis saw that she can shoot with the guys!

LT is she your new crush? Maybe you can be her bedside nurse?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]
More than anything I'm glad she is free and alive.

Second to that, I'm proud she performed her duties bravely.

Lastly, I wish it hadn't been necessary. I'm glad we got this one back.

Too many won't come home. I hope their sacrifices will contribute to true security for their nation and families.

I hope their efforts are not simply wasted on another ungrateful nation the likes of France.

Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it is absolutely fabulous that she kicked some ass.  Talk about total dishonor for the iraqi troops.  Not only did you have your ass handed to you, it was handed to you by a 19 year old girl.  BAWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Just think what she and the rest of her team would have been able to do if she had a M4 or even a MP5 instead of that M9 pea shooter. [:\]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just think what she and the rest of her team would have been able to do if she had a M4 or even a MP5 instead of that M9 pea shooter. [:\]
View Quote

Are you telling me they ONLY had sidearms?!?

Jesus Christ I don't think I wanted to know that.

Part of me is so impressed they engaged AK47s with M9s I'm ready to put her (and anyone else who did as well) in Sgt. York status, the rest of me is too pissed to think of US troops on hostile ground without proper weapons I don't even want to think abou it.

I don't care what your job is, in Indian Country you carry a rifle and they should have had at least a couple SAWs just in case.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Stabbed?  Not exactly the worlds best ambush if these sucks are reduced to having to stab people!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Lynch, a 19-year-old supply clerk, continued firing at the Iraqis even after she sustained multiple gunshot wounds and watched several other soldiers in her unit die around her in fighting March 23, one official said.
View Quote

HAH!!!!!!!

So much for that theory of small petite women whom can't fight!

SALUTE![USA]

I said it before and I'll say it again; women make up 50% of this country, if they want to fight for it then let them!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://home.mn.rr.com/helm3/images/cadet_nurse.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#22]
God bless her.  How appropriate that a woman would destroy those who loathe women so much.  I also heard that West Virginia University has already offered her a scholarship, since she joined the military for the purpose of earning money and experience toward becoming a teacher.

Sgtar15, kindly keep the "women in combat" debate out of this thread, since it is in every other thread regarding this topic.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#23]
FoxNewsIsTheDevil (824 posts)      
Apr-02-03, 11:53 PM (ET)  

Who is Jessica Lynch and why is she relevant IN ANY WAY?
Because she is pretty and white? Disgusting.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID66/14848.html
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Women like this one are proof that at least some ladies can aquit themselves well in combat.  If the story is true, she deserves all the attention she is bound to get.  Goes to prove that it is unwise to piss off a woman!  I salute her and all the brave soldiers that do their duty so well.

I hope all the Iraqi jerks she offed and wounded knew it was a young woman that did them!!  Take THAT Soddom!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#25]
A female Army supply clerk fought fiercely even while sustaining injuries until she was out of ammo?? HOOAH !!

Award her a Silver Star at least.

(I humbly take back what I said before about REMFs.)
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

They couldnt hold a candel to a patriot like Jessica Lynch!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Stabbed?  Not exactly the worlds best ambush if these sucks are reduced to having to stab people!
View Quote

The stabbing probably happened during the 'ten guys stand around kicking her in the ribs' phase of the interrogation.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think it is absolutely fabulous that she kicked some ass.  Talk about total dishonor for the iraqi troops.  Not only did you have your ass handed to you, it was handed to you by a 19 year old girl.  BAWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH!
View Quote

Do you think Allah grants paradise if you are killed by a women?  Somehow, I don't think so.....

SRM
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

They couldnt hold a candel to a patriot like Jessica Lynch!
View Quote

The fact that they recognized her as pretty (as she is) surprised me.  In my experience, a majority of leftists have no clue when it comes to beauty:  physical, spiritual, or any other kind.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh Yaaaa, now that is GREAT, not only is she cute as can be, has got lots of spunk in her to.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The stabbing probably happened during the 'ten guys stand around kicking her in the ribs' phase of the interrogation.
View Quote

Or she was trying to play dead and they bayoneted her to find out otherwise.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14879-2003Apr2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are you telling me they ONLY had sidearms?!?

Jesus Christ I don't think I wanted to know that.

Part of me is so impressed they engaged AK47s with M9s I'm ready to put her (and anyone else who did as well) in Sgt. York status, the rest of me is too pissed to think of US troops on hostile ground without proper weapons I don't even want to think abou it.

I don't care what your job is, in Indian Country you carry a rifle and they should have had at least a couple SAWs just in case.
View Quote

Everything I have read and heard indicated that they were "lightly armed with sidearms", which would indicate 9mm M9 Beretta since they're regular Army. In fact I recall a CENTCOM briefing that stated as such.

The Israeli Army can give conscripted female support personnel M4s and Uzis but apparently the US military can't even give them more than a 9mm pistol.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I would have thought they would of had M16's. The Army doesn't issue handguns as widely as they used to, especally to rear area people like this. The M16A2 fleet is quite a bit bigger than the M9 fleet. Officers, MPs, pilots and AFV crewmen take up a lot of that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Allow me to be the first to say I'D HIT IT!

[banana]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Here is the article about both West Virginia and Marshall trying to recruit her.

[url]http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2003/April/02/brknews.htm[/url]

I hope she can take one of them up on their offer. PTSD has perminently messed up people who went through less in past wars. Hopefully she will be one of the ones who can get through it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#36]
'I will not surrender myself or those under my command while there is still means available to resist'...

It seems she took that quite literally...  Good job, and I hope she stays in the Army... For all the complaining about women in the service, this one performed as well as anyone could expect a soldier to (fighting untill out of ammo against enemy combat forces, despite being 'just a maintanance unit')...

As for the 'M-9 vs AK' issue, I would think that after this Pvt and her unit were captured, the Army probably increased the firepower of supply and maintanance units... One would hope so...
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#37]
God bless her.  Shes hardcore.  We need more like her.  They can hold their own.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like a typical pig-dog bulldyke that desparately needs a ventilation hole in its skull to let [i]something[/i] in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOW! i cant believe their hatred runs that deep. I know i know. where have i been, but that places me from being just annoyed to actually despising them completely.

DU=Anti-American bastards that dont deserve to breath the same air as normal human beings.

Is it wrong to feel this way about them?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#41]
If she only had an M9, I see a CMH in the future for her...Hell, she ought to get one anyway!

Are there any female CMH holders?

It's sad to think that a 19y/o girl has more cojones than me...I would have probably been screaming like a little girl and pooping my drawers....

I pray for a quick recovery
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As for the 'M-9 vs AK' issue, I would think that after this Pvt and her unit were captured, the Army probably increased the firepower of supply and maintanance units... One would hope so...
View Quote

An M9 against an AK? Theoretically, there is no competetion, AK should win everytime.
From what televised news reports, the U.S. has increased the security by assigning some Bradleys to the convoy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#43]
FWIW, they may not have all been muslim.... Remember, Turiq Aziz is a "Christian" or some sort...

Just some useless trivia
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

An M9 against an AK? Theoretically, there is no competetion, AK should win everytime.
From what televised news reports, the U.S. has increased the security by assigning some Bradleys to the convoy.
View Quote

GOOD! I hope so!

Hey Warlord, up late tonight huh?

I'm at work so I don't have a choice.

Maybe i'll catch up with you next time I go to the range again. It may be a little while as i've been busy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm not going to even start on the democratic union, however as Americans, we all should be proud of the fact that we got one of our own back alive, and the fact that they're still trying to figure out how many Iraqis she took out before capture.  I have nothing but the upmost respect for her, and wish her well in her continued endeavours.  Also, something should be said about the special forces team that went in and rescued her.  Sending in a team to resuce one of our own is never an easy task no matter how good the intel is, and they also have my salute.  Unfortunatley from hearing about her wounds, it dosen't sound like PFC Lynch will be able to continue with a career in the military, (stepping on soapbox) and also I don't agree with the fact that an organization such as Holywood that is so anti-war would have the audacity to jump on the first chance to make a movie about one of america's own who has been put through a lot just to make a quick buck.  I'll be getting off my soapbox now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Those DU pukes couldn't carry her panties.

Hell, I don't know that I could.

F***, engaging AK47's with an M9 until she was out.

And for the record, WEST Virgina is in the NORTH, not the SOUTH [:D]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#48]
I've read some of the discussions getting thrown around about the term 'hero' being used too much, and even in light of those I'm willing to say:  that woman is a true american hero [usa]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:38:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
She gives Female Privates a good name! [:D]

[size=1]that didn't come out right...[/size=1]
View Quote

[naughty]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:27:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Shame on you guys [;D]

Here i'm reading:

Quoted:
She gives Female Privates a good name!

that didn't come out right...
View Quote

Then I read:

Quoted:
Oh Yaaaa, now that is GREAT, not only is she cute as can be, has got lots of [red]spunk[/red] in her to.
View Quote

Noooooo!... but it seems a lot of you guys would be willing donors [:D]

Now I feel so dirty [BD]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top