BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I am glad we have soldiers like her.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:55:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet a lot of soon to be born baby girls will be named Jessica or Jessica Lynn in her honor. She is indeed a hero. She is a bright light in a time of dim witted college age kids.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Well is hiope she makes it thru the PTSD, women traditionally seem to recover much easier than men. I'll also say that trained women are far bettter shotters than men especially under stress, so I'm sure she was going "focus, squeeze" as she emptied her magazine. If someone had the brains, like the NRA, they'd find out a little more about her background growing up. If she did have a BB gun and she did learn to shoot & hunt as a kid, they ought to exploit that fact to promote firearm ownership, training for kids, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm proud of her, as well as all of our men and women in uniform.  She did her job and did it well, god bless her.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Jessica is from West "By God" Virginia!

Good ol'country girl, who can kick ass and take names with the best of them!

She's just became a [b]HERO[/b] in my eyes.

And if anyone disagrees with me well......, I send Jessica to kick your ass when she get well!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
TomJefferson posted: "I would also like to add, I can't be prouder of the boys who went in to pull her out. Their actions were in the highest standards of the US Military."
View Quote

Good point.  I salute them!
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Anybody catch her being offloaded into the ambulance in Germany last night?  Tons of security!!!!
I'll bet she has stories to tell about the 11 bodies they found in that "hospital".  May they RIP.
I don't know why we are so surprised.  When KYRHONDA is on the warpath, KYREB hides out in the reloading room. (and she doesn't carry a M9 in the house.....  usually)
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Well, she IS from the south.......what'd you expect?[/b]

south?

she is from west virginia, which iirc, split off from virginia to fight for the union.

whatta soldier! i hope she heals up quickly!

Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]
True Campy. I was born in W.Va. Both sides of my Family have roots there. I'm proud to say that W.VA. sided with the Union. It's more accurately described as Appalachia than "South".

I wonder where the details of the engagement are coming from. I don't doubt the details but someone mentioned the Medal of Honor. That requires witnesses or at least corroboration. Perhaps the other known living POW's from her unit will have more info when they are liberated. Assuming they were all in fairly close proximity when they were captured.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Gawddamn...can we confirm that she kicked all that towelhead ass with a pistol?

If that's true, Jesus....

Anyone?

[%(]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Think sales of Beretta 92's will increase too?

[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:46:05 AM EDT
[#15]
HOOAH! I posted this story on Marlin Talk, I hope she got em good. SGT D
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those DU pukes couldn't carry her panties.

Hell, I don't know that I could.

F***, engaging AK47's with an M9 until she was out.

And for the record, WEST Virgina is in the NORTH, not the SOUTH [:D]
View Quote

In the north?  Try telling that to a W. Virginian and see what happens.  Actually, try it in rural Maryland or Rural Southern Ohio. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you telling me they ONLY had sidearms?!?

Jesus Christ I don't think I wanted to know that.

Part of me is so impressed they engaged AK47s with M9s I'm ready to put her (and anyone else who did as well) in Sgt. York status, the rest of me is too pissed to think of US troops on hostile ground without proper weapons I don't even want to think abou it.

I don't care what your job is, in Indian Country you carry a rifle and they should have had at least a couple SAWs just in case.
View Quote

Everything I have read and heard indicated that they were "lightly armed with sidearms", which would indicate 9mm M9 Beretta since they're regular Army. In fact I recall a CENTCOM briefing that stated as such.

The Israeli Army can give conscripted female support personnel M4s and Uzis but apparently the US military can't even give them more than a 9mm pistol.
View Quote

I seriously doubt they had M-9's, most likely M-16A2's. It is very rare for enlisted personell outside of MP's and medics to carry handguns. Every maintneance company I ahve ever seen in the field (and it has been a number) they al had M-16's, and I doubt the MTOE for the 507th was that much different.
View Quote

You're probably right, and it doesn't diminish her glory one bit, as far as I'm concerned...taking on those fuckers with a pistol would just be icing on the (bad ass hillbilly hottie, and I say that with the utmost respect) cake.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#19]
She's been through Hell.  Thank God she is safe.

Will she get the CMH?
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FoxNewsIsTheDevil (824 posts)      
Apr-02-03, 11:53 PM (ET)  

Who is Jessica Lynch and why is she relevant IN ANY WAY?
Because she is pretty and white? Disgusting.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID66/14848.html
View Quote

I just read some of the post there.  Some of those DUhs are just down right evil.  Makes my blood boil when some of those jackassicle try to find some hidden agenda to something as good as the rescue.  The CIA connection to her, from an earlier post, is also a bunch of baseless hate America first clap trap.  God bless the young lass.

Bilster
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Most of the state of West Virginia lies to the south of the Mason-Dixon line. WV is generally considered to be a part of the "South."

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=10063[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Will she get the CMH?
View Quote

I double it, but a Soldiers Medal would be in order, perhaps a bronze star w/ "V" too?
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:06:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Runs in the family too!!!

[b]Lynch joined the Army after graduating from high school in 2001. Her brother Greg enlisted the same day. Her 18-year-old sister Brandi will report for duty in August.[/b]

DD

Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Are there any female CMH holders?
View Quote

[url=http://www.cmohs.org/recipients.htm]CMH Recipients[/url]

Not sure if there are any female recipients, but there is the list if you want to search it. [;)]

Jamie

Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will she get the CMH?
View Quote

I double it, but a Soldiers Medal would be in order, perhaps a bronze star w/ "V" too?
View Quote

The Soldiers Medal is for non-combat heroism.  The lowest award for combat heroism would be the Army Commendation Medal with "V".  Next would be the Bronze Star with "V".
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure if there are any female recipients, but there is the list if you want to search it. [;)]

Jamie

View Quote

There have NOT been any female MOH recipients.

BTW, I refuse to call it "congressional". Soils the honor being bestowed by the medal...

As for Jessica: YOU GO GIRL! [beer]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will she get the CMH?
View Quote

I doubt it, but a Soldiers Medal would be in order, perhaps a bronze star w/ "V" too?
View Quote

The Soldiers Medal is for non-combat heroism.  The lowest award for combat heroism would be the Army Commendation Medal with "V".  Next would be the Bronze Star with "V".
View Quote

I wasn't sure..I knew that the soldiers medal is the highest award outside of combat. Whatever she gets it damn sure deserves a "V", no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Jamie

View Quote

Dr. Mary Walker is the only female MOH recipient. It wasn't for combat and was revoked in 1917. However, President Carter reinstated it in 1977.

[url]http://ngeorgia.com/voices/walker_citation.html[/url]

[url]http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/moh1.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gawddamn...can we confirm that she kicked all that towelhead ass with a pistol?

If that's true, Jesus....

Anyone?

[%(]
View Quote

Get real dudes.  They had M12A2's.  Have you ever seen a supply unit widely issued M9's?  Maybe the CO, and perhaps his RTO, but not many.

Even Infanty soldiers are not given much if any instruction with a pistol in basic/AIT.  

MP's get pistol training in AIT and I suppose Infantry units must provide some more pistol training for those that will be issued them at the unit level since at best they would only do familiarizatio fire at basic.

I guarantee you this supply unit was equipped with M16A2's.

Edited to add, I'm glad to hear she went down fighting and lived to tell about it.  She has "seen the elephant" and can say she did her part.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I've pretty much given up posting on here, I come for the sheer entertainment value, but I have to say, that you people have reached a new low.  You are by far the most cosmically stupid of all I have ever seen!

Does anyone really believe that this 19 year old chick, with no combat experience, did any of the things they say?  Is it even remotely possible?  Were there any witnesses to this brave act?  I don't think so.  If she had resisted at all, the Iraqis would have killed her on the spot, just like they did all the men who actually did resist the attack.

Here's what I think really happened:

She was seiously injured in the ambush and taken prisoner.  Due to the severity of her injuries, the Iraqis arranged for her return to the US side.  There was no "commando raid" or any other such bs.  She will probably die soon, wait and see.  

In other words, the story is just plain old propaganda and bs.  Everything in tv is a LIE.  Not just a small lie, but a TOTAL LIE.  And go ahead and call me a troll or whatever, but anyone with any brains at all knows that the rosy picture being painted by the tv news is untrue.  The media and the government needs heroes to talk about to divert our attention away from the sad reality of what is really taking place in Iraq.  There is no other explanation as to why some PFC hayseed from W. Virginia is even remotely important to the media.  You can all believe in fairy tales if you want to, but someday you're going to have to pay for it somehow.

So is ar15.com part of the propaganda campaign being waged against the American public, or do any of you stand on your own two feet and look for the truth?  Well?  Most of you would probably have been Loyalists during the revolution.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Trickshot, you have misplaced what little mind you had left after the drugs you took in High School ruined it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#33]
???????
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
WHO THE F@CK  are YOU to question what this girl did!??? She is more of a man that you apparently EVER will be!

Let me be the frist to say [red]F@CK YOU![/red]
View Quote

That's what I meant to say.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#36]
This 19-year old girl was valiantly defending the right of stupid people to publicly demonstrate their inherent idiocy.  Somebody has to, because these "people" don't have the gonads to shoulder the responsibility of defending the rights they demand.

"For those who defend it, liberty has a flavor the protected will never know."

'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Trickshot, it was a joy not being annoyed by the resident DU troll.  I suggest you return to the cesspool from which you came.

You are jealous because PFC Lynch is far more of a MAN than you are!

PLEASE screw up, even just a little, my finger is poised on the "lock account" button!
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey Prickshot,
Load another bong hit and go back to the Democrapic Underpants where you came from @sshole.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've pretty much given up posting on here, I come for the sheer entertainment value, but I have to say, that you people have reached a new low.  You are by far the most cosmically stupid of all I have ever seen!

Does anyone really believe that this 19 year old chick, with no combat experience, did any of the things they say?  Is it even remotely possible?  Were there any witnesses to this brave act?  I don't think so.  If she had resisted at all, the Iraqis would have killed her on the spot, just like they did all the men who actually did resist the attack.

She was seiously injured in the ambush and taken prisoner.  Due to the severity of her injuries, the Iraqis arranged for her return to the US side.  There was no "commando raid" or any other such bs.  She will probably die soon, wait and see.  

In other words, the story is just plain old propaganda and bs.  Everything in tv is a LIE.  Not just a small lie, but a TOTAL LIE.  And go ahead and call me a troll or whatever, but anyone with any brains at all knows that the rosy picture being painted by the tv news is untrue.  The media and the government needs heroes to talk about to divert our attention away from the sad reality of what is really taking place in Iraq.  There is no other explanation as to why some PFC hayseed from W. Virginia is even remotely important to the media.  You can all believe in fairy tales if you want to, but someday you're going to have to pay for it somehow.

So is ar15.com part of the propaganda campaign being waged against the American public, or do any of you stand on your own two feet and look for the truth?  Well?  Most of you would probably have been Loyalists during the revolution.
View Quote
So, are you just [i]naturally[/i] superior to everyone else, or do you have to take pills for it?

Troll?  No.  Asswipe?  Yes.  (Attention mods:  I apologize for the personal insult.  Actually, I apologize for violating board rules.  I meant the insult.)
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Thank you trickshot, we were all refreshed and challenged by your post.  [rolleyes]
Now get back under your rock.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You fit the description I define at the end of this post.  

That said, you are probably correct that this is being blown up to some extent for propaganda purposes and will most likely take on a life of it's own.

None of that is Pvt Lynch's fault.  She likely got off a shot or two, and was then shot and captured.  

I know how Pvt Lynch was trained, and expect she did as well in her first combat as could be expected for a young, untested, non-front line soldier, and certainly better that the vast majority on this board yourself likely included.

Now, Given past experience (anyone remeber the female MP in Panama?)I fully expect our elected blow hards will try to issue young Privte Lynch a Combat Infantry Badge, or some such, which will make her the most reviled person in the US military.

I happened to be at Ft. Benning and met the female MP Captain (she was way cuter in real life than on TV) that some politican decided "deserved" a CIB for her performance in Panama.  

At the time she was the most despised person in the US Army.  She never asked for a CIB, and didn't want the attention.  She just did her job, but got caught up as a propoganda tool.  She couldn't help that and neither can Pvt Lynch.  

Pvt Lynch did the best she could.  Her actions reflect credit on herself, The US Army and her country.  Only a jackass would try to denigrate that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

History is replete with examples of people with no combat experience doing heroic things.  Furthermore, how did the people who have combat experience ever get their combat experience in the first place...they were all first-timers at some point.

As for "this 19 year old chick," I wasn't there and the media is reporting every unconfirmed rumor they can find. However there is more than one source that she was firing as she was being surrounded. That takes cajones.

And thank you for your unsubstantiated conjecture on what you infer the Iraqis are thinking and what they did to the men in the attack based upon even fewer sources than what you dismiss Private Lynch's story.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Even if Pvt. Lynch never got off one shot, she still did well in my eyes, to experience what she has at 19 years old. She definitely is heroine material.

(Not to mention being a great wife for some lucky guy...)
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Lets compare life experiences

PFC Lynch
Joined the Army with her brother to get ahead in life and earn college money so she could be a teacher.

Did not shy away from her sworn duty when called upon
Deployed to a shithole country to defend the freedom of ALL Americans and Liberate the Iraqi's

Was involced in a firefight with enemy combatants.

Sufferes 2 broken legs, 1 broken arm, a stab wound and GOD knows what else

Now wants to see her family and eat turkey w/ gravy and mashed potatoes

Pricksnot

Logs onto ARFCOM and doubts all that she's done. [red] FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! SHE'S MORE OF A MAN THAN YOU'LL EVER BE![/red]

My resounding [B]HOOAH[/B] to her still stands.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I also feel that there is a possibility that the whole rescue and the circumstances of her capture may be exagerrated by the official reports.  MAYBE the rescue wasn't really that dramatic or dangerous, and the Iraqi's just left her when they fled, because they were afrid of having a POW (especially a female one) dying in their custody.  MAYBE she didn't actually kill anyone when she was captured.  

However, UNTIL there is some evidence of that, I feel it is a disservice to her to doubt the story.  While politicians will lie without hesitation, and while the military will provide disinformation to mislead the enemy, I'm not sure I see why the military would have any reason to lie about this.

So if they say that's how it happened, I'm prepared to believe it in the absence of any evidence to the contrary.

Good for her.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#50]
I thought I was in love with her last night, now after getting home from work this morning and hearing all of this, its confirmed. She is truly a hero. Just surviving being captured by these swine is heroism enough. I hope she is able to get over her ordeal without much difficulty and the gov't sets her up for life because she deserves it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top