Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I haven't the foggiest idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, but what is the point, assuming there even is a point.  What does this practice accomplish?  

I haven't the foggiest idea.

I have never seen this done before either... It maybe it is so that when you draw next to your spouse or child you learn not to sweep them in the moment...but still seems WTF
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they really shooting live rounds past each others' shoulders? No way that could go wrong!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe someday I willl be able to work at OPOTA. I've heard that this is this is the Ohio House of Knowledge. Of course if the truth was told their instructors are are abunuch of ass clowns Little practical experience. And they know they cant dispute me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
No way. This is all just some kind of joke or stupid staged pic...right?

Can we have the name of the "trainers" Facebook page? I'd like to troll a little lol.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
John Foys class????

Just saying
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That can't be an actual training scenario.
View Quote
What, you've never done a "Reservoir Dogs Climax" drill before?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can't wait for school to start all these retarded post by children will stop. Wait I mean, obviously if he uses what works for him he must be a fool. I mean bro, if you  don't use tier one tactical shit all day every day you deserve to be ridiculed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ladie is the only one with a proper thumbs forward grip.

What makes one grip more "proper" than another? I have seen unconventional grips (for me) and that person was nailing target time after time. Couldn't call it "improper" when it'd kill a bad guy more dead than I could have managed with the "proper thumbs forward grip."

Found one of their students!

I can't wait for school to start all these retarded post by children will stop. Wait I mean, obviously if he uses what works for him he must be a fool. I mean bro, if you  don't use tier one tactical shit all day every day you deserve to be ridiculed.

Oh look!
Another teener telling me what's what.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay don't go to their webpage and read the bio's.

View Quote

http://muzzlefront.com/jason-wyman/

http://muzzlefront.com/muzzle-front/robert-higgins/

Links left cold but holy crap that's umm...not much in the way of qualifications to be doing training.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No way. This is all just some kind of joke or stupid staged pic...right?

Can we have the name of the "trainers" Facebook page? I'd like to troll a little lol.
View Quote

facebook.com/muzzle.front

Edit: It looks like they've deleted their derptastic stuff, though.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes one grip more "proper" than another? I have seen unconventional grips (for me) and that person was nailing target time after time. Couldn't call it "improper" when it'd kill a bad guy more dead than I could have managed with the "proper thumbs forward grip."

Sup 7n6?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sup 7n6?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sup 7n6?

Or was it Dindu_Nuffin?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sup 7n6?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sup 7n6?

You aren't the 1st to call him out on this.
We will see if indeed he is familiar.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Crossfit!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Links left cold but holy crap that's umm...not much in the way of qualifications to be doing training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drop leg mag carrier... Fohawk...15lbs AR... Badges, Medics in black, and coyote tan oh my.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Basically a good way to tell is how they do a malfunction drill. If they say anything besides, "Tap, rack, bang" then leave. Don't even stand around to watch. By the time he starts showing you his awesome side tactical super whopper can-do mag flip/super side charger racking finger magwell banging move you'll be halfway home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It can be difficult for new people to spot bad training.  If you're new, how are you supposed to know which grip is good and which isn't?

Basically a good way to tell is how they do a malfunction drill. If they say anything besides, "Tap, rack, bang" then leave. Don't even stand around to watch. By the time he starts showing you his awesome side tactical super whopper can-do mag flip/super side charger racking finger magwell banging move you'll be halfway home.

To be fair they can say more than just that.

But you are right that tap/rack/bang is the first drill to perform.
Followed by mag out/rack/new mag/rack/bang
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Or was it Dindu_Nuffin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sup 7n6?

Or was it Dindu_Nuffin?

Get both
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Drop leg mag carrier... Fohawk...15lbs AR... Badges, Medics in black, and coyote tan oh my.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The Viking"

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Jason “The Viking” Wyman
Daily Philosophy:  “My new life begins in 24 hours and it’s going to be amazing…Just watch”
With 4 years as a medic in the military, Jason served with a ground unit in Iraq and later transferred to an aviation unit. He’s worked with all types of ground forces from around the globe until his return home in 2007.  After his military service, Jason then attended college and was the first MA in Maine General history to go from a clinical setting to and operating room, providing continuance of care from point of injury to long term follow up. When he is not instructing he provides services for the Department of Veterans Affairs and is a contracted medic to a local National Guard unit.

Jason has dedicated his life to training and leading others who wish to follow. His stated goal has been to break into the tactical industry as an instructor and leave his personal mark on the industry.  He is Realty Based Training certified through USKMA and is working toward several additional certifications including his TCCC to train contractors aspiring to go abroad.
View Quote

At least with his medical background he can stay with them from the range to the ER then OR then ICU.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#20]
As far as the grip discussion here. I agree with the thumbs fwd grip, BUT to be fair I seem to remember a guy that shot with the "tea cup"

grip winning (or the top 5?) the "top shot" competition. He was given all sorts of crap about it, but he was an excellent shot.

ETA: "the viking"? I guess he read the "enemies" books too. lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As far as the grip discussion here. I agree with the thumbs fwd grip, BUT to be fair I seem to remember a guy that shot with the "tea cup"

grip winning (or the top 5?) the "top shot" competition. He was given all sorts of crap about it, but he was an excellent shot.

View Quote

A TV show huh?  Well that settles it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It can be difficult for new people to spot bad training.  If you're new, how are you supposed to know which grip is good and which isn't?

Some agencies call it tap, rack, reacess. They're trying to break the mindset that you're gonna automatically pull the trigger after clearing a malfunction. You might very well pull the trigger immediately, but then again you might not. I'm not a fan of such trivial semantics but they sure make a big deal out of it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, have you heard of TV?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reality TV shows are largely BS.  That includes Top Shot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because there's a right way to do shit and there are plenty of ways to do it wrong.  

Most people with that idiotic "it works for me" mentality think they're as accurate as they'll ever be with a handgun.  I've trained guys who've been shooting for 20 years with the "it's what's comfortable for me" grip and a few minor adjustments cut their group sizes in half or better.

Some folks settle for mediocre accuracy without realizing how easy it is to improve.  They've never been shown how because they're too busy saying "well this works for me..." instead of shutting up and taking some valuable advice.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

competition shows that have money on the line are usually legit when it comes to the actual competiton
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know what the hell I am looking at.

The only reason I clicked was because of who posted it.

The SSS gif was a nice touch... (Sonny Spetsnaz Spin).
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Surviving a Mexican Standoff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exhibit A:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78153

Apart from the blatant nonsense that is obvious, take a look at the grip these students have. It's fucking terrible.

So here's one of JW777's helpful hints on obtaining training: If an outfit teaches this kind of gay shit instead of fundamental skills like how we properly grip a handgun, it's an indication that they aren't a good place to spend money.

Surviving a Mexican Standoff?

When the can hits the ground they all open up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Because there's a right way to do shit and there are plenty of ways to do it wrong.  

Most people with that idiotic "it works for me" mentality think they're as accurate as they'll ever be with a handgun.  I've trained guys who've been shooting for 20 years with the "it's what's comfortable for me" grip and a few minor adjustments cut their group sizes in half or better.

Some folks settle for mediocre accuracy without realizing how easy it is to improve.  They've never been shown how because they're too busy saying "well this works for me..." instead of shutting up and taking some valuable advice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"It's worked so far for us" ended up getting the Japanese asses kicked at Midway, as they had been getting lucky with some of the stupid shit they were doing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:05:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh.  Dear.

Their top guy's resume is that he has " instructional experience"
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't even know what to say to that.
View Quote

I do.

Stupid people suck and I hate them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh.  Dear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.  Dear.

Oh, they have Costa working with them?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:22:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#34]

And on that note.... I'm out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

hay guys i was just thinking about ow everyone's all like "LIFE IS LIKE AN FPS WITHOUT A RESPAWN LOL" but sometimes the admin just sets respawn delay to be WAY TOO LONG, so it sorta seems like there's no respawn, and you kinda forgot you're playing the game until suddenly you're out in the open and soom AUG whore ganks you and I think this could be it because even if a bunch of cavemen did respawn and were all like "HOW I BUY CLUB" just now, we'd probably put them in insame asylums or they'd join up with terrorists or something so no one would really notice until we get, like, the black plague respawn in a billion years and on top of that sometimes nobody respawns until one team wins the match so maybe what we did wrong was breed too fast, so the match went on and on before one team could kill the other and now all we gotta do is finish off the other team and there'd be like A GOOGOPLEX RESPAWNS and everyone'd be all like "GG lol" but most of 'em would be sarcastic because they've been in observer mode with jesus for trillions of years and the whole time they were like "HE'S BEHIND THE FUCKING BOX".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hay guys i was just thinking about ow everyone's all like "LIFE IS LIKE AN FPS WITHOUT A RESPAWN LOL" but sometimes the admin just sets respawn delay to be WAY TOO LONG, so it sorta seems like there's no respawn, and you kinda forgot you're playing the game until suddenly you're out in the open and soom AUG whore ganks you and I think this could be it because even if a bunch of cavemen did respawn and were all like "HOW I BUY CLUB" just now, we'd probably put them in insame asylums or they'd join up with terrorists or something so no one would really notice until we get, like, the black plague respawn in a billion years and on top of that sometimes nobody respawns until one team wins the match so maybe what we did wrong was breed too fast, so the match went on and on before one team could kill the other and now all we gotta do is finish off the other team and there'd be like A GOOGOPLEX RESPAWNS and everyone'd be all like "GG lol" but most of 'em would be sarcastic because they've been in observer mode with jesus for trillions of years and the whole time they were like "HE'S BEHIND THE FUCKING BOX".

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe so but sure looks like she is at slide lock and/or has a spent brass holding her way out of battery.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son it better qualified just playing endless hours of CoD than this viking.??
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What the fuck?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Pretty sure that's copy pasta.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Case in point:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1757284_Well_lookey_here__another_Tactical_training_company__________.html

And in my AO, there is quite the variety of this type of nonsense.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Too much goofy training eh?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:12:32 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Bwahahahaahahah!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#44]

What. The. Fuck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Yep.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#46]
20 seconds to get the rifle going? Who's the 105lb tactical midget?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#48]

I don't even...I can't...*sigh*
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Wow, that was...something.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In

Please attend my summer tactical pool home defense course.

http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/funny-gifs-why-do-i-have-to-move-if-i-have-a-gun.gif
View Quote

Um, I got one of those in my backyard right now...

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top