Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Please let this be a CCW badge...

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What makes one grip more "proper" than another? I have seen unconventional grips (for me) and that person was nailing target time after time. Couldn't call it "improper" when it'd kill a bad guy more dead than I could have managed with the "proper thumbs forward grip."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The ladie is the only one with a proper thumbs forward grip.

What makes one grip more "proper" than another? I have seen unconventional grips (for me) and that person was nailing target time after time. Couldn't call it "improper" when it'd kill a bad guy more dead than I could have managed with the "proper thumbs forward grip."

Physics?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I want one of them spetsnaz muscle shirts
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Reality TV shows are largely BS.  That includes Top Shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as the grip discussion here. I agree with the thumbs fwd grip, BUT to be fair I seem to remember a guy that shot with the "tea cup"

grip winning (or the top 5?) the "top shot" competition. He was given all sorts of crap about it, but he was an excellent shot.

ETA: "the viking"? I guess he read the "enemies" books too. lol

A TV show huh?  Well that settles it.

yes, have you heard of TV?

Reality TV shows are largely BS.  That includes Top Shot.

Well it sounds like you and vespid should sign up and make some easy money then.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#6]
So, John Wayne, where do you instruct at? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just want to look and see if you teach a class I would be interested in. There is a class that is hosted in VA that I have been wanting to take for a while.

Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What. The. Fuck.
View All Quotes

That' Sonny "I used to work strike security for IMAC at 9.00 an hour" Whatever his last name is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Did he pick her up by her belt?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Exhibit A:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78153

Apart from the blatant nonsense that is obvious, take a look at the grip these students have. It's fucking terrible.

So here's one of JW777's helpful hints on obtaining training: If an outfit teaches this kind of gay shit instead of fundamental skills like how we properly grip a handgun, it's an indication that they aren't a good place to spend money.
View Quote

excessive body fat - check
pointing of weapons at other students - check
presence of grass that obviously died of fear - check
farmer's tan - check

You can tell by the proper trigger discipline that this is awesome training.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems legit....
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Acog attached to a picatinny section attached to a removable carry handle?

Oooohh Yeah.

Tactical as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://muzzlefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wyman-155x300.jpg

Jason “The Viking” Wyman

At least with his medical background he can stay with them from the range to the ER then OR then ICU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://muzzlefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wyman-155x300.jpg

Jason “The Viking” Wyman
Daily Philosophy:  “My new life begins in 24 hours and it’s going to be amazing…Just watch”
With 4 years as a medic in the military, Jason served with a ground unit in Iraq and later transferred to an aviation unit. He’s worked with all types of ground forces from around the globe until his return home in 2007.  After his military service, Jason then attended college and was the first MA in Maine General history to go from a clinical setting to and operating room, providing continuance of care from point of injury to long term follow up. When he is not instructing he provides services for the Department of Veterans Affairs and is a contracted medic to a local National Guard unit.

Jason has dedicated his life to training and leading others who wish to follow. His stated goal has been to break into the tactical industry as an instructor and leave his personal mark on the industry.  He is Realty Based Training certified through USKMA and is working toward several additional certifications including his TCCC to train contractors aspiring to go abroad.

At least with his medical background he can stay with them from the range to the ER then OR then ICU.

Radical Larry, all grown up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There was sort of a wacky Japanese TV gameshow vibe going on there no?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't stand that stupid fully extended support arm thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#17]
at all the pictures and GIFs on the first page.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
And on that note.... I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But the instructor has a beard and a crazy haircut... he must know his stuff.

If those paper targets were returning fire, she would have been dead 15 times already...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If those paper targets were returning fire, she would have been dead 15 times already...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should should start a training class that promotes bunny-hopping with precision rifles.  I mean, it worked in Counter-Strike, right?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#20]
At least they have a sense of humor.  I'm pretty sure they do, anyway.

First things first: Ordinance, and we bring it big with the Victory Defense Consulting PHNX52 SPP(Special Purpose Pistol). The only thing small about this AR is the Barrel.

Available in .223/5.56 NATO, it’s the platform all real Americans love, not your broke friend who won’t shut up about how great his Romanian AK knock off is, but red blooded, bacon wrapped Oreo eating Americans.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Boy that was quick, I was sure this thread would get to at least 30 posts before a debate over grip started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy that was quick, I was sure this thread would get to at least 30 posts before a debate over grip started.

How many posts before a debate over isosceles versus Weaver?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#22]

DAMMIT

I came here to post that gif.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Why would anyone even go to these people for training? We're in the salad days of good instructors! Jim Smith, Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers, Paul Howe, Pat MacNamara...there, I just listed 5 that were all former CAG! There are plenty more out there that are just as qualified and had their curriculum vetted, but people still go to places like this with their asshattery.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Acog attached to a picatinny section attached to a removable carry handle?

Oooohh Yeah.

Tactical as fuck.
View Quote

Hipster KeyMod.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#25]

A funny story. Well not funny really. However this very same dude, who I forgot the name of at this moment, was involved in a fatal accident one day while "training." Apparently he went into a shooting house and just started shooting randomly only to hit a man who was in the building. He said that the flag wasn't up to indicate someone was in and I forgot exactly what happened as I wasn't keeping up with it. Only that I'm glad that perhaps he's not "training" people anymore and hopefully those who did will take it as a warning to come if they follow his training.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A funny story. Well not funny really. However this very same dude, who I forgot the name of at this moment, was involved in a fatal accident one day while "training." Apparently he went into a shooting house and just started shooting randomly only to hit a man who was in the building. He said that the flag wasn't up to indicate someone was in and I forgot exactly what happened as I wasn't keeping up with it. Only that I'm glad that perhaps he's not "training" people anymore and hopefully those who did will take it as a warning to come if they follow his training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sonny was just demonstrating exactly  how Spetznas train.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lies.

There was no hatchet action.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I remember reading about the incident when it happened, but didn't realize that the guy Sonny shot had died.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#29]

"The hillls are aliiiive, with the sound of gunfiiiiire..."
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Exhibit A:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78153

Apart from the blatant nonsense that is obvious, take a look at the grip these students have. It's fucking terrible.

So here's one of JW777's helpful hints on obtaining training: If an outfit teaches this kind of gay shit instead of fundamental skills like how we properly grip a handgun, it's an indication that they aren't a good place to spend money.
View Quote

So exactly what kind of bullshit is this anyhow?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#32]
The best grip is an obvious female. Lol.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

First things first: Ordinance, and we bring it big with the Victory Defense Consulting PHNX52 SPP(Special Purpose Pistol). The only thing small about this AR is the Barrel.

Available in .223/5.56 NATO, it’s the platform all real Americans love, not your broke friend who won’t shut up about how great his Romanian AK knock off is, but red blooded, bacon wrapped Oreo eating Americans.

Ordinance.  Lol.  Yeah maybe it ought to be unlawful.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Hahaha ha can't stop fucking laughing
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#35]
What in the actual fuck? People pay money for this? People do this willingly? "Hey fat neckbeard, here's a bunch of money so you can train me how to have a bunch of other fat neckbeards turn this circle jerk into a Mexican standoff."
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

hay guys i was just thinking about ow everyone's all like "LIFE IS LIKE AN FPS WITHOUT A RESPAWN LOL" but sometimes the admin just sets respawn delay to be WAY TOO LONG, so it sorta seems like there's no respawn, and you kinda forgot you're playing the game until suddenly you're out in the open and soom AUG whore ganks you and I think this could be it because even if a bunch of cavemen did respawn and were all like "HOW I BUY CLUB" just now, we'd probably put them in insame asylums or they'd join up with terrorists or something so no one would really notice until we get, like, the black plague respawn in a billion years and on top of that sometimes nobody respawns until one team wins the match so maybe what we did wrong was breed too fast, so the match went on and on before one team could kill the other and now all we gotta do is finish off the other team and there'd be like A GOOGOPLEX RESPAWNS and everyone'd be all like "GG lol" but most of 'em would be sarcastic because they've been in observer mode with jesus for trillions of years and the whole time they were like "HE'S BEHIND THE FUCKING BOX".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hay guys i was just thinking about ow everyone's all like "LIFE IS LIKE AN FPS WITHOUT A RESPAWN LOL" but sometimes the admin just sets respawn delay to be WAY TOO LONG, so it sorta seems like there's no respawn, and you kinda forgot you're playing the game until suddenly you're out in the open and soom AUG whore ganks you and I think this could be it because even if a bunch of cavemen did respawn and were all like "HOW I BUY CLUB" just now, we'd probably put them in insame asylums or they'd join up with terrorists or something so no one would really notice until we get, like, the black plague respawn in a billion years and on top of that sometimes nobody respawns until one team wins the match so maybe what we did wrong was breed too fast, so the match went on and on before one team could kill the other and now all we gotta do is finish off the other team and there'd be like A GOOGOPLEX RESPAWNS and everyone'd be all like "GG lol" but most of 'em would be sarcastic because they've been in observer mode with jesus for trillions of years and the whole time they were like "HE'S BEHIND THE FUCKING BOX".

do you guys thing dinosaurs were gay cuz they were doing that gay hand thing all the time? thats why they went ectinxt cuz they only did like gay dinosaurs
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because there's a right way to do shit and there are plenty of ways to do it wrong.  

Most people with that idiotic "it works for me" mentality think they're as accurate as they'll ever be with a handgun.  I've trained guys who've been shooting for 20 years with the "it's what's comfortable for me" grip and a few minor adjustments cut their group sizes in half or better.

Some folks settle for mediocre accuracy without realizing how easy it is to improve.  They've never been shown how because they're too busy saying "well this works for me..." instead of shutting up and taking some valuable advice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because there's a right way to do shit and there are plenty of ways to do it wrong.  

Most people with that idiotic "it works for me" mentality think they're as accurate as they'll ever be with a handgun.  I've trained guys who've been shooting for 20 years with the "it's what's comfortable for me" grip and a few minor adjustments cut their group sizes in half or better.

Some folks settle for mediocre accuracy without realizing how easy it is to improve.  They've never been shown how because they're too busy saying "well this works for me..." instead of shutting up and taking some valuable advice.

I'm always looking for ways to get better

techniques that are compatible with those I already practice get prioritized, but even if something seems completely counter-intuitive to me I will try it if recommended by people I trust sufficiently
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So 13'ers have their fucking language now? English, do you speak it, motherfucker?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#39]
So...  Spice it up with a gun shot wound or two and trauma training?  

Accidentally clicked "edit" instead of "quote" on your post. Sorry, dude! ~ JW777
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I have been told by arfcomm that Yeager and bis tactical response school is the ultimate tier one learning institution for the Tactical arts
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

ladie?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Students who have been sold a bill of goods precisely because there isn't enough calling out of goofy shit being sold as "training".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who in there right mind would even take part in that photo op?

Students who have been sold a bill of goods precisely because there isn't enough calling out of goofy shit being sold as "training".

they train for a different war.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What the fuck is the point of this drill?

Confidence?

How to out herp the derp?

I'm genuinely curious.
View Quote

It's a team building exercise. Think of it as bukkake practice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Tactical hand to hand is best.
ETA: FML. And this stupid #$%^ editor. I've tried a dozen different methods of embedding and got it to work, like... once. Ever
Here's the bloody link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqjXJwQPhGo

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

perhaps...but at least she is working to improve her skills,  in that short clip I'd be comfortable saying I've now observed her taking more 'structured instruction' then AT LEAST 50% of ARFCOM has....
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top