Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/10/2015 10:39:33 AM EDT
Title of a story that can be found at the Washington Examiner. There is a link at Drudge. Who would have thought? It sounds like the m855 ban may have just been a test run. We've got almost 2 years of this shit left and fbho will just keep going because Congress sure as fuck aint gonna stop him.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Title of a story that can be found at the Washington Examiner. There is a link at Drudge. Who would have thought? It sounds like the m855 ban may have just been a test run. We've got almost 2 years the rest of our lives of this shit left and fbho will just keep going because Congress sure as fuck aint gonna stop him.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Title of a story that can be found at the Washington Examiner. There is a link at Drudge. Who would have thought? It sounds like the m855 ban may have just been a test run. We've got almost 2 years of this shit left and fbho will just keep going because Congress sure as fuck aint gonna stop him.
View Quote

I've been saying for years that since they can't get the guns, they are going to start going after the ammunition
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be impressed if the Senate GOP is actually mentioning the proposed ban.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't put your faith in the Republicans, we are screwed
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]

lead....we have to ban it!....for the children [\sarcasm]

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
That isn't the end. We will all just have to buy a dillon
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]
If martin O'malley wins the presidency....you aint seen nothing yet
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess you do not remember the "taggants" ideas being pushed for powders around 92-98 along with various other idiotic ideas that caused a rush on both powder and primers....

What makes you think powder and primers will be forgotten about if they go after ammo.   They are not that stupid.   In their minds powder is a dangerous explosive which makes you a kook.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is always a run on Dillon equipment and all reloading dies right after a run on manufactured ammo.  Next follows powder, primers, projectiles, etc.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I bet anything with a "magnum" designation is going to get dinged.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#12]
We just need a few more regulations. After all it's for the children. Maybe we could have regs for ammo like we do for black powder storage. Then we microstamp everything and outlaw possession of non stamped ammo after a certain date. Then we label shooting ranges as hazardous waste sites and sue them into oblivion. Finally, we eliminate online sales and raise ammo tax to pay for waste cleanup and for a gun crime victims fund. It is a brave new world comrades.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#13]
0buttsniff is a lame duck...he knows his days are short and the mask is off for the rest of his term.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fiat-ordered federal troops to go door-to-door saying "Mr & Mrs America, turn them all in..." just to see if he could get away with it...

...and personally, I don't think anyone would stop him.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I guess you do not remember the "taggants" ideas being pushed for powders around 92-98 along with various other idiotic ideas that caused a rush on both powder and primers....

What makes you think powder and primers will be forgotten about if they go after ammo.   They are not that stupid.   In their minds powder is a dangerous explosive which makes you a kook.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Chess not checkers,
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#16]
It is the absolute duty of every American to actively ignore each and every unconstitutional "law" passed by this, or any other, administration.
It is not optional unless you prefer being a sheep and a coward.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is the absolute duty of every American to actively ignore each and every unconstitutional "law" passed by this, or any other, administration.
View Quote

OK. You go first.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd wager that at least 75% of this nation are sheep scared shitless of what they see on the news.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ho hum...nobodies going to do shit. We will also just sit here and take it. Even that crazy fuck Yeager won't do shit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#20]
If I was a betting man, I would say they are going to go after a lead ammo ban via legislative tweaks @ the EPA.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#21]
And there's not a single Democrat name on that list.  

As I recall the Republicans have 54 Senators now so that means that 2 of them didn't sign on.  The number of Republicans in the House approximately equals the number mentioned in Drudge article too.

BFD.  The Republicans shouldn't even waste their time on trying pass a bill since Zero obviously won't sign it & they won't have enough votes to override.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK. You go first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK. You go first.

I never stopped "going" first. You should try it.
I rest my case.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#23]
ok, sure, right.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep....tracking and self-destroying / expiring  powder and primers......the great primer shortage of  ~ 91 to 93 was when I learned my lesson on 'stocking up'

was also one of the first big jumps in primer and powder prices.....from ~ $4.50 a lb/1000 to ~ $9.50 a lb/1000 almost over night.....

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Did these 52 senators vote to fund Obama's immigration executive order?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tinfoil time ---> Doe Run?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Stock up all you can, while you can
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my smelter no go no mo

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#29]
what would George Washington do?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ho hum...nobodies going to do shit. We will also just sit here and take it. Even that crazy fuck Yeager won't do shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Story at Drudge also had link to this story:

Assault weapons ban proponent pushes AR-15 bullet ban

Up against over 55 percent of House members opposed to a proposed ban of a popular bullet used in the AR-15 rifle, Democrats have launched an effort to support the administration's bid to snuff out "cop killer" ammo.

Long-serving Democratic New York Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, a proponent of efforts to curb gun violence, is circulating a letter to members in support of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives bid to classify the 5.56mm M855 round as "armor piercing" and take it off the market.
View Quote

Full story here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Stock up all you can, while you can
View Quote

This is the truth.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I was a betting man, I would say they are going to go after a lead ammo ban via legislative tweaks @ the EPA.
View Quote

Me too.  

In for updates...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I rest my case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK. You go first.

I rest my case.

Then you either very lucky or have a very good lawyer and lots of money to never have been convicted.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#35]
So we have 52 senators and 237 reps against this. Why not pass a law specifically addressing this issue?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Lead bullets will be next.  In Virginia they are already trying to push the lead poisoning thing towards hunters.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They can't. I forgot who it was, but a republican slipped some language in to one of the recent budget bills that forbids the EPA from regulating lead ammo and fishing equipment.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#38]
On another note, 53 of the 54 Senate Republicans signed Sen. Grassley's (Chairman of Senate Judiciary) letter to ATF.  The lone Republican hold out was the reliably anti-gun Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois (who is still SLIGHTLY better than a Democrat who would be just as anti-gun but not vote for Sen. Grassley to be head of the Judiciary Committee).

Unlike the House letter, not a single "pro-gun" Democrat (Heidi Heitkamp, Joe Manchin, Jon Tester, etc.) signed on to the Grassley letter.  Hopefully, the minority party plans to remedy that with their own separate letter.  I'd certainly be asking them about it if they represented me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OK. You go first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK. You go first.

Unless he incrimated himself with video of him doing the breaking how would u ever know? Millions of Americans ignore  thousands of laws in america ever day.

And u know what, we get along just fine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Me too.  

In for updates...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.  

In for updates...

and then monolithic copper hunting bullets......cause, you know....they're armor piercing. ...oh, wait....

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So we have 52 53 senators and 237 239 reps against this. Why not pass a law specifically addressing this issue?
View Quote

There is already a bill filed in the House (H.R. 1180 - no text available yet as the House gave ATF until March 13th to respond) and I am positive a bill will follow in the Senate if ATF goes forward.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OK. You go first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK. You go first.

Too late there are already people ignoring unconstitutional laws all over this country. Do you think every NYer registered or converted all their assault weapons, do you think every NYer destroyed or got rid of all their 10+ round magazines, do you think every person with a sig brace has stopped shouldering their guns, do you think every person with a pistol upper has never closed the blinds, locked the doors and put their pistol upper on a stocked lower?

As the government becomes more and more lawless the people too are taking baby steps in the same direction.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

0buttsniff is a lame duck...he knows his days are short and the mask is off for the rest of his term.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fiat-ordered federal troops to go door-to-door saying "Mr & Mrs America, turn them all in..." just to see if he could get away with it...
...and personally, I don't think  CONGRESS would stop him. Is
View Quote
FIFY congress would not do shit. The "troops" *cough* (gestapo)  would never make it south of the Caroline's without civilian resistance. Make it to the mid west and the gulf coast.... They may or may not instigate all out war

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I see both of Va's Obama Cum stains aren't speaking out against it.

Shocked, Shocked I tell you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And there's not a single Democrat name on that list.  

As I recall the Republicans have 54 Senators now so that means that 2 of them didn't sign on.  The number of Republicans in the House approximately equals the number mentioned in Drudge article too.

BFD.  The Republicans shouldn't even waste their time on trying pass a bill since Zero obviously won't sign it & they won't have enough votes to override.
View Quote

It is 52 Senators + Sen. Grassley for 53 Senators total.  I spent all morning trying to figure out which of the Republican Senators had gone all weaselly before I realized that myself
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking Tim Kaine is sending out letters in support of the ban to his constituents.  At least Warner pretended like he was still mulling over an appropriate response.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#47]
This country is going to get ugly
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Chess not checkers,
View Quote

I keep hearing this, but it's BS. They aren't playing chess, they just keep pushing...keep floating the next trial balloon...keep pouncing on the next 'crisis'.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Fucking Tim Kaine is sending out letters in support of the ban to his constituents.  At least Warner pretended like he was still mulling over an appropriate response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Senator's for life. It's a shame.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#50]
From the Article:

"Democrats, meanwhile, are circulating a letter in support of the ban what they call "cop killer" ammo. The White House also backs the ATF proposal."

Anyone have a list of the Dems that have signed this letter?  I think they need some pressure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top