Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what would George Washington do?
View Quote

Washington was one of the last founders to get on board with revolution. While British troops were marching and seizing guns and powder he was still calling for people to work within the system. His type should scare tyrants like Obama the most, he went from a calming voice to drilling troops in a matter of months.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
This has my tinfoil wrapped a little tight.  This has to be smoke and mirrors for something else.  The dems get crushed when they try to enact sweeping gun legislation, they get what they want when they keep bans small.  They have UBC and ammo ban that may extend beyond m855 on the chopping block at the moment.  They know there will be backlash.  

My tinfoil hat says this is a smoke screen for something else.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

OK. You go first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the absolute duty of every American to actively ignore each and every unconstitutional "law" passed by this, or any other, administration.
It is not optional unless you prefer being a sheep and a coward.

OK. You go first.

Eventually someone will, and the fatties of arfcom will condemn them as cowardly traitors and terrorists.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Obama's dictatership has already started.
It is only going to get worse from now on.
We still have the UN Arms Trade Treaty to deal with if Obama decides to use that excuse.
This isn't tin foil talking. It is coming and very soon.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This country is going to get ugly
View Quote

My wife is a historian who does a lot of work with civil-war era stuff. The few times it's come up in conversation, we've come to the quick conclusion that such a conflict today would be pretty godawful.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lead bullets will be next.  In Virginia they are already trying to push the lead poisoning thing towards hunters.
View Quote

RI has a couple bills coming our way as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've been saying for years that since they can't get the guns, they are going to start going after the ammunition
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title of a story that can be found at the Washington Examiner. There is a link at Drudge. Who would have thought? It sounds like the m855 ban may have just been a test run. We've got almost 2 years of this shit left and fbho will just keep going because Congress sure as fuck aint gonna stop him.

I've been saying for years that since they can't get the guns, they are going to start going after the ammunition

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't put your faith in the Republicans, we are screwed
View Quote

Not singling you out TW, but I find it ludicrous how much fatalistic resignation there is in GD.  Those of you habitual GOP nay-sayers need to wise-up and decide to get behind those elected federal and state representatives who share your same values and concerns as proponents of the 2A.  

Fact is, “We The People” who cherish our 2A Constitutional rights don’t have any other representation options for sustaining the 2A against what will always be waves of anti-gun progressive liberals in this country, and simple resignations like above are useless.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not singling you out TW, but I find it ludicrous how much fatalistic resignation there is in GD.  Those of you habitual GOP nay-sayers need to wise-up and decide to get behind those elected federal and state representatives who share your same values and concerns as proponents of the 2A.  

Fact is, "We The People” who cherish our 2A Constitutional rights don’t have any other representation options for sustaining the 2A against what will always be waves of anti-gun progressive liberals in this country, and simple resignations like above are simply useless.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fact is, "We The People” who cherish our 2A Constitutional rights don’t have any other representation options for sustaining the 2A against what will always be waves of anti-gun progressive liberals in this country, and simple resignations like above are simply useless.

Save your breath, talking to these tards is like talking to hardcore liberals.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL ... Noted and a profound perspective, but still needed to be said.

Also, thank you for your service...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Between what they can actually get away with doing and what we do in response to it, I'd say ammo will wind up being very expensive. We will panic, any idiot can see that. If it looks like something's going to get banned, we panic. We'll panic the shit right off the retail market quicker than any law could. Then post pics on the internet of our huge scores and stashes, real smart if it's going to be banned right. Go ahead and ban it, I gots plenty! Couldn't send a more fucked up message if we sat down and tried.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Not singling you out TW, but I find it ludicrous how much fatalistic resignation there is in GD. Those of you habitual GOP nay-sayers need to wise-up and decide to get behind those elected federal and state representatives who share your same values and concerns as proponents of the 2A.

Fact is, "We The People” who cherish our 2A Constitutional rights don’t have any other representation options for sustaining the 2A against what will always be waves of anti-gun progressive liberals in this country, and simple resignations like above are useless.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not singling you out TW, but I find it ludicrous how much fatalistic resignation there is in GD. Those of you habitual GOP nay-sayers need to wise-up and decide to get behind those elected federal and state representatives who share your same values and concerns as proponents of the 2A.

Fact is, "We The People” who cherish our 2A Constitutional rights don’t have any other representation options for sustaining the 2A against what will always be waves of anti-gun progressive liberals in this country, and simple resignations like above are useless.

"Vote Republican. We'll fight for your gun rights but we'll sell every other right down the river. We'll also make it so you're too poor to afford those precious guns and ammo because the economy is in the shiter, what jobs are available are taken by illegals, and taxes are through the roof. Yay Republicans"  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"Vote Republican. We'll fight for your gun rights but we'll sell every other right down the river. We'll also make it so you're too poor to afford those precious guns and ammo because the economy is in the shiter, what jobs are available are taken by illegals, and taxes are through the roof. Yay Republicans"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL ... Dude, you must have had an abusive republican somewhere in your childhood ...  
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
That's good news. I would like to see the bills text, but if it limits ATF's power, it make them back off on this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title of a story that can be found at the Washington Examiner. There is a link at Drudge. Who would have thought? It sounds like the m855 ban may have just been a test run. We've got almost 2 years of this shit left and fbho will just keep going because Congress sure as fuck aint gonna stop him.

I've been thinking and saying the same thing also.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Eventually someone will, and the fatties of arfcom will condemn them as cowardly traitors and terrorists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the absolute duty of every American to actively ignore each and every unconstitutional "law" passed by this, or any other, administration.

OK. You go first.

Yep,it has happened before and that was the response.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This has my tinfoil wrapped a little tight.  This has to be smoke and mirrors for something else.  The dems get crushed when they try to enact sweeping gun legislation, they get what they want when they keep bans small.  They have UBC and ammo ban that may extend beyond m855 on the chopping block at the moment.  They know there will be backlash.  

View Quote

I'm with you.
Reading things like this sometimes makes me think it was some kind of move to open the flood gate with owning NFA items was a trick to making as many people they can register a firearm. At least It seems like these days the forms are going sent in record numbers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the way it's headed right now.......

The only thing we have left is the NRA.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd wager that at least 75% of this nation are sheep scared shitless of what they see on the news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd wager that at least 75% of this nation are sheep scared shitless of what they see on the news.

I'd add a wager on your side.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fact is, “We The People” who cherish our 2A Constitutional rights don’t have any other representation options for sustaining the 2A against what will always be waves of anti-gun progressive liberals in this country, and simple resignations like above are useless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was stating a fact.

The Republicans give us bigger government and more spending every chance they get.Where have they reduced the size of government?Cut ATF funding?The IRS?The Department of Education?How many gun laws/laws in general have they removed?

Sure the Republican Party doesn't push an anti gun agenda,but they really aren't pushing a pro gun agenda either.About the best we get from them is no new gun laws,if we are lucky (and import bans if we are not).

Supporting the R party no matter what is part of the reason this country is in the shape it's in,and where we are heading.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As liberals have their rose colored glasses on for Barry, many on here have them for the RINOS. Those that say one thing, but have their agenda. How fast did the GOP stop amnesty?  That is a big among conservatives.... it is going to happen, there are not enough balls in DC to stop Barry. I love the Bill of Rights more than you do... I have fought for it in court against them. You have two groups, they have money and power and care nothing about the middle class, where most of us are. One side says they are Democrats the other side says they are Republicans, they are buddies and fight amiably over our bones.  I have seen them, seen their deeds and it scares me... only thing scarier is you, because you are too close-minded to see what they are doing and following them mindlessly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I keep hearing this, but it's BS. They aren't playing chess, they just keep pushing...keep floating the next trial balloon...keep pouncing on the next 'crisis'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chess not checkers,

I keep hearing this, but it's BS. They aren't playing chess, they just keep pushing...keep floating the next trial balloon...keep pouncing on the next 'crisis'.

Adjust sacrcasm meter
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LoL ... Dude, you must have had an abusive republican somewhere in your childhood ...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he did,as did many of us.

They abused the shit out of us while we supported them
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Obama isn't so bad they said. The dems won't touch gun control they said, they know it's a losing issue.

Things are fine they said. Jobs are great, Obama hasn't affected me they said.

Who is they? Half of GD.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is always a run on Dillon equipment
and all reloading dies right after a run on manufactured ammo.  Next follows powder, primers, projectiles, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That isn't the end. We will all just have to buy a dillon

There is always a run on Dillon equipment
and all reloading dies right after a run on manufactured ammo.  Next follows powder, primers, projectiles, etc.

Would you let me know when it starts as I have a spare 550B laying around collecting dust and could really use another 22LR suppressor
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, the big concern is a non-appropriations bill in the Senate.  Unless Majority Leader McConnell "fills the tree" (an arcane procedural move to block amendment of a bill from the floor) any gun-related bill in the Senate is going to have pro and anti gun amendments offered to it.  There are 39 Senators who voted for gun bans, magazine bans, and registration still in the Senate.  There are still 8 Senators who voted for registration in the Senate.  There are 3 new, probably anti-gun Senators, and 11 new, probably pro-gun Senators, that we don't know how they will vote.  Having UBCs attached to any gun bill in the Senate is a real possibility and much more of a potential problem than the bill just being vetoed.

If you want to be ultra-cynical, you can look at this as pure Chicago politics:  So my last threat wasn't enough to make you want to compromise?  Fine.  I've reinterpreted my executive powers so now I've got more stuff to threaten you with.  Want to compromise now?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Chess not checkers,
View Quote

One day someone is going to kick the fucking board across the room.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There is already a bill filed in the House (H.R. 1180 - no text available yet as the House gave ATF until March 13th to respond) and I am positive a bill will follow in the Senate if ATF goes forward.
View Quote

The text became available today.
The bill would prohibit the government from banning any ammunition after the bill becomes law. It would not roll back any ban which is in place when the bill becomes law.

If the leadership doesn't fast track the bill through both houses, or amend it during the process of passing it, the bill won't have any effect on the proposed ban.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Stock up all you can, while you can
View Quote

Wideners has Federal Lake City 600 round cases for $288 each, limit 3.

I ordered 3. Didn't really want to, but you're right. Stock up while you can.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't worry peasants! We stopped the M855 Ban! But we had to ban those icky AR-15 thingies to do it!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, been saying the same thing for a loooong time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#32]
When all the ammo but for a musket ball is banned the RHINOS will simply say we tried to stop this but we fell short on the votes, and we did not ban your guns.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember at the end of W's second term when they tried to go after ammo by trying to make sellers comply with hazardous materials store regulations by building a separate fireproof/explosion proof outbuilding for storing ammunition and going through all kinds of nutty regulations that would have made ammo almost impossible to buy. I bought my P22 and 10,000 rounds of .22LR at that time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope this isn't true. I'm finally reaching a point in my life where I can afford to order in bulk.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had figured this too, so I stock up and have weapons that would use my enemies  ammo as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#36]
As pointless as their posturing is, I am glad to see my Senators did sign the letter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

When all the ammo but for a musket ball is banned the RHINOS will simply say we tried to stop this but we fell short on the votes, and we did not ban your guns.
View Quote

That's the problem here. Without a philibuster proof majority in the Senate, this bill won't even get a vote in the Senate. Even if it does get a filibuster proof majority then it will need a veto proof majority to beat Obama.

In other words, the M855 ban is unstoppable.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#38]
ATF JUST CAVED ON THE PROPOSED FORMAT*

*IF you believe that the Facebook page where the statement was made is actually the ATF's AND you consider not implementing the framework and not moving forward without an additional proposal and opportunity for comment at some future date as "caving"

Source: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1717862_.html&page=112&anc=52482238#i52482238
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

*IF you believe that the Facebook page where the statement was made is actually the ATF's AND you consider not implementing the framework and not moving forward without an additional proposal and opportunity for comment at some future date as "caving"

Source: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1717862_.html&page=112&anc=52482238#i52482238
View Quote

Amazement is not the right word to express my feelings towards this. I can't believe they considered the comments. I would have thought this was a foregone conclusion.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Washington was one of the last founders to get on board with revolution. While British troops were marching and seizing guns and powder he was still calling for people to work within the system. His type should scare tyrants like Obama the most, he went from a calming voice to drilling troops in a matter of months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what would George Washington do?

Yup.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chess not checkers,

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
0buttsniff is a lame duck...he knows his days are short and the mask is off for the rest of his term.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fiat-ordered federal troops to go door-to-door saying "Mr & Mrs America, turn them all in..." just to see if he could get away with it...

...and personally, I don't think anyone would stop him.
View Quote

I wish he would, seriously. That would be dumb as hell for them to try at this point. No, there will be many more years of incrementalism before they try anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By gnarlytoes:

OK. You go first.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gnarlytoes:

Quoted:

OK. You go first.
Just send me your guns. You are ready to give them to the government.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Breaking News on Fox on bullet ban
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Amazement is not the right word to express my feelings towards this. I can't believe they considered the comments. I would have thought this was a foregone conclusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80,000 comments on something that wasn't even in the Federal Register with an entire week remaining on the 30-day comment period is pretty amazing.  The ATF-41P proposal that was in the Federal Register got something like 10,000 comments in a 90-day period and it tied them up for almost 18 months just reading the comments.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chess not checkers,

http://i.imgur.com/nFSebim.gif?1

Maybe tomorrow, I have to catch up on the Walking Dead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Need to get "sporting purposes" removed from the language.

And well, let's actaully take it down to Shall Not Be Infringed at all.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
80,000 comments on something that wasn't even in the Federal Register with an entire week remaining on the 30-day comment period is pretty amazing.  The ATF-41P proposal that was in the Federal Register got something like 10,000 comments in a 90-day period and it tied them up for almost 18 months just reading the comments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but this was framed as Obama going after ammo since he can't get the guns. I know that in fact the ATF started looking at this several years ago when the AR pistols started gaining popularity, but I am still surprised that the regime let the outcry of bitter clingers influence the decision.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stock up all you can, while you can

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chess not checkers,

http://i.imgur.com/nFSebim.gif?1

Likewise.

But yes, the board may be kicked across the room at the rate this admin's going
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top