Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/9/2015 11:10:10 PM EDT
I don't care where I get it, I just want to have the letters MBA on my business card.

I'm willing to put the time in and spend some money in the process.  I need this to be as close to 100% online as possible and
possibly get some credit for life experience.  

Anyone currently doing this???????????   THANKS!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If an institution wants to give you credit for life experience, you want nothing to do with them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are asking this question you need to rethink your plan.

Can I ask, what is your education and experience prior to this?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
University of Dikfer is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Davenport University has an MBA that you can test out of Completely.  Its essentially a life experience MBA
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this like becoming a unitarian minister just for the LULZ?

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't care where I get it, I just want to have the letters MBA on my business card.

I'm willing to put the time in and spend some money in the process.  I need this to be as close to 100% online as possible and

View Quote

Then just put it on your business card and be done with it. Sounds like you don't give a shit about education, especially if you want credit for "life experience".

I'm not a whore, I just have life experience!

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Just take a class with Range Time - Tactical Shooting and slap that MBA on your business card.  Easy Peasey.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
MBA?

Go buy Kirkland brand toilet paper... and write "Diploma" on it.

You'll get more value for your money. Experience, is where it is baby.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Just put it on your card if that's all you care about.

If someone presses you about it, just tell them you thought it stood for "mega bad ass".
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just put it on your card if that's all you care about.

If someone presses you about it, just tell them you thought it stood for "mega bad ass".
View Quote

^Haha exactly this.

Seriously do you put BA on your business card? Then why put an MBA? It's not a title and it makes you look like a douche in the business world.  FYI having an MBA is not even remotely close to being a CPA or CFA.  It's not a title!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I have serious life and work skills.  Let me be clear,  I'm looking to actually
do the work and take the time.  I just can't spend 20 hours a week sitting in a classroom.

Im looking for real ARFCOM knowledge here, not 5 beer buzz sarcasm.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, OP, what kind of government job do you have?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Why not take online classes from a decent university and only take one per term?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]
You got real advice in this thread so far--it's just that your stated plan is so stupid that it's hard to come up with a response stating anything but that obvious fact.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Microsoft Word University
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#17]
You can do this OP.
I started my dental practice with  a storage unit and a pair of pliers.
You don't need an education.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
do the work and take the time.  I just can't spend 20 hours a week sitting in a classroom.

View Quote

heh.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Most online programs require you to attend one semester on campus - or at least a couple of weeks.

University of Memphis has one that requires a week or two at the campus, but the rest is online.

eta: it's a cash cow for most schools, you'll pay the most while learning the least, fwiw.

eta2: do you have an undergrad degree?  an MBA is a master's degree.  I had a boss who did not have a bachelor's degree, but he thought he could just go and get an MBA.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like a quality college education costs money, real ARFCOM knowledge costs $24 or so.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
A quick Google found a place where you can get an MBA online for cheap in as little as 7 days.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A quick Google found a place where you can get an MBA online for cheap in as little as 7 days.
View Quote

I'll give him one for half whatever they're charging.

Accreditation is for suckers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay... So answer my question please.

I have an MBA (among other advanced degrees) and I am drinking Blantons. No MBA drinks beer. You have a lot to learn......

....and I sure as heck wouldn't put any of that on a business card. It makes you look like a complete tool. I can't take anybody seriously that put that stuff on their card. I just laugh and think what kind of tiny penis this person must have to put that on their card.

The fact that you are asking this tells me you won't be taken seriously no matter what you put on your card. Go ahead and put CEO, COO, CFO, Principal, or HNIC, it won't matter. All I would see is Tool, and there will be no hiding it.

Good luck with your career though!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

What "serious life and work skills" do you have?

What is your undergraduate degree in?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Cheap and easy will not the best, probably won't even be good.

Easy isn't good either

Cheap and easy probably won't be accredited

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#27]
University of Devonshire. It's top rated school. Just send them a check.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same question I asked at the top of the thread.
You however probably just taught him that he will need an undergrad degree first. Just kidding, well I hope so anyway...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Dude, don't put MBA on your business card
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Dude, I can get an MBA by 3 0clock!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have an MBA (among other advanced degrees) and I am drinking Blantons. No MBA drinks beer. You have a lot to learn......

....and I sure as heck wouldn't put any of that on a business card. It makes you look like a complete tool. I can't take anybody seriously that put that stuff on their card. I just laugh and think what kind of tiny penis this person must have to put that on their card.

The fact that you are asking this tells me you won't be taken seriously no matter what you put on your card. Go ahead and put CEO, COO, CFO, Principal, or HNIC, it won't matter. All I would see is Tool, and there will be no hiding it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a MBA and I drink beer.  A lot of beer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#32]
In on this trainwreck
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Having MBA on your business card is like a lawyer wanting to be called doctor - not cool at all.

If you need an MBA to advance in your career, take the classes and get a legit one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are picking up my sarcasm then? I am drinking Blantons tonight though....
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#35]
My son is finishing his MBA up at the University of Utah. It has taken him two years and about 45K in tuition. He is in the program where he works at his financial institution during the day them works on homework or attends class at the University. His undergraduate degree was in economics.

He says non accredited schools are a joke in the MBA program.

The only truly accredited online University  by the Department of Education is  Western Governors University here in Utah. It is a experimental program run by the state of Utah and the Department of Education.

http://www.wgu.edu/?utm_source=591

http://www.wgu.edu/about_WGU/accreditation

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll give you an unaccredited one for $100.  You have to print the diploma though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would suggest American Military University / American Public University. 100% online (lots of guys serving overseas and stuff taking classes, so it has to be!). I'm getting my MA in Security Management from there. It's been a pretty good experience overall, and the cost is waaaay less than your University of Pheonix-type places.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#38]
estate sale FTW!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#39]
you need a 3d printer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Saint Leo is totally online.  No GMAT required. Not at all as difficult as I expected. Wish I'd have gone to UF.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Ashford University has a 100% online degree program. Its certainly not "easy" nor a degree factory. You will have to participate in online guided discussions and still write research papers as well as smaller assignments. Its easy in the sense that you can see all of your upcoming assignments and classes well in advance so you can prepare. Don't expect to just login in and pass though, you will still have to exert time and effort.

http://www.ashford.edu/degrees/online/mba.htm
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ashford University has a 100% online degree program. Its certainly not "easy" nor a degree factory. You will have to participate in online guided discussions and still write research papers as well as smaller assignments. Its easy in the sense that you can see all of your upcoming assignments and classes well in advance so you can prepare. Don't expect to just login in and pass though, you will still have to exert time and effort.
View Quote

Discussion posts are worthless
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:Discussion posts are worthless
View Quote

...and yet still better than any in-person student-led discussion I ever saw in 5 years of B&M school.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Go for the Phd it will look way better
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
...and yet still better than any in-person student-led discussion I ever saw in 5 years of B&M school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In my experience it was the 2 or 3 blowhard asskissers in class who would post all the discussion topics, and then everyone else would just post a wordy version of "yeah, I agree with that" so that the teacher would see them "participate".

I went to a "real" accredited school to earn my lambskin(s) in person, and we still had to do that online discussion shit in some of our classes.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#46]
In the U.K. most masters programs are 1 year. I would imagine accelerated programs are available that are faster.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In my experience it was the 2 or 3 blowhard asskissers in class who would post all the discussion topics, and then everyone else would just post a wordy version of "yeah, I agree with that" so that the teacher would see them "participate".

I went to a "real" accredited school to earn my lambskin(s) in person, and we still had to do that online discussion shit in some of our classes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm getting my principal certification right now. They have cracked down on the discussions. "I agree" wont count, and if you post all of your discussions at once, it's only half credit.

I generally see what the majority opinion is, then start posting the opposite viewpoint. Makes for some discussions, and the professors seem to like the devil's advocate.

At OP: why not just go to your undergrad university and see if they have an MBA program?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Out of the serious options, this may be one of the best.

http://distance.msstate.edu/mba/mba

Reputable school

Well known school

Bricks and mortar school offering the same degree on campus (large State University)

100% online

Very cheap.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://www.ashford.edu/degrees/online/mba.htm
View Quote

If you have to check off the box that says "degree" places like Ashford and UoP are fine....but no matter how much YOU care about your alma mater, most people are pretty biased against such schools.

There are so many better options. So many name brand schools that offer online degrees...often much cheaper.  You can get your online MBA at Ashford or, say someplace like a satellite Texas A&M or Mississippi State....which one of those is someone going to be wearing a T-shirt of at the gym, UoP or a real State University?

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top