User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2015 5:29:27 AM EDT
Straight out of Friday the 13th...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=495_1421561814

ETA: Link to news article

"Pocatello Police have identifed the man who forced his way inside two apartments and is now recovering in the hospital after he was shot in one of those apartments three times...

Witnesses indicate the disturbance started in an upstairs apartment where Thomas forcibly entered an apartment carrying a weapon. The residents of the apartment, who were familiar with the suspect, yelled at him and forced him to leave. Thomas then went downstairs to another apartment where he again forced entry by breaking down the door and still had the weapon in his possession. The downstairs resident, hearing the disturbance upstairs, armed himself with a firearm. Thomas broke through the door of the downstairs apartment, still had the weapon in his hand and aggressively advanced toward the residents. He was shot in the upper torso, inside the apartment by one of the residents of the apartment..."
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]
holy shit!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing they installed a bit more sturdy door after that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That almost seems staged... if it wasn't good shoot. .
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Good shoot!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
That looked like one of those interior bathroom doors.

A man so inclined could easily punch through both sides.

Solid argument for an exterior door on an interior room thats for sure.

Good shoot is good.

I wonder what the backstory is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That almost seems staged... if it wasn't good shoot. .
View Quote
Heres the news story

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would they have a camera running?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#10]
What is that door made of, paper mache? Personally I would have started shooting sooner, when the attacker's entry was imminent (i.e., when his foot came through the door). I don't want to play the game, "Can I put you down before you close ten feet and kill me with your machete?"

This video is Exhibit A why you should be able to get to a gun within three seconds at home.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Did you guys read the first comment at the bottom of the article?

Woodster - 7/31/2014 2:54 PM
0 Votes
Report User

The two couples, one upstairs and the other downstairs should be charged with disturbing the peace and aggravating the poor man to complete distraction. They purposely played music as loud as it would go to try and run the man crazy and hopefully he would move. This went on for over a whole year!!! They baited him. He had been out of work for months and no hopes of a job. His bills were piling up yet he had no way of moving. He had a traumatic brain Injury and was suffering from PTSI, the same way as soldiers do that have been in conflict. His was from a car accident and twenty seven days in a coma and absolutely no therapy over the years, He was examined by a Clinical Psychologist since he has been in jail. I don't know why they don't get him into some kind of psychiatric program of the Veterans Administration as he is an Army Veteran
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#12]
So you dont get charged with murder is why video
if that comment is accurate on that story...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, just did.

Woodster - 7/31/2014 2:54 PM

The two couples, one upstairs and the other downstairs should be charged with disturbing the peace and aggravating the poor man to complete distraction. They purposely played music as loud as it would go to try and run the man crazy and hopefully he would move. This went on for over a whole year!!! They baited him. He had been out of work for months and no hopes of a job. His bills were piling up yet he had no way of moving. He had a traumatic brain Injury and was suffering from PTSI, the same way as soldiers do that have been in conflict. His was from a car accident and twenty seven days in a coma and absolutely no therapy over the years, He was examined by a Clinical Psychologist since he has been in jail. I don't know why they don't get him into some kind of psychiatric program of the Veterans Administration as he is an Army Veteran.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

The two couples, one upstairs and the other downstairs should be charged with disturbing the peace and aggravating the poor man to complete distraction. They purposely played music as loud as it would go to try and run the man crazy and hopefully he would move. This went on for over a whole year!!! They baited him. He had been out of work for months and no hopes of a job. His bills were piling up yet he had no way of moving. He had a traumatic brain Injury and was suffering from PTSI, the same way as soldiers do that have been in conflict. His was from a car accident and twenty seven days in a coma and absolutely no therapy over the years, He was examined by a Clinical Psychologist since he has been in jail. I don't know why they don't get him into some kind of psychiatric program of the Veterans Administration as he is an Army Veteran
View Quote

Yeah and if true that's kinda fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

0 Votes

Report User

View Quote
Yeah, that's screwed up if it's true. Funny how the video camera was pointing at the door, and doesn't show anything before that.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#16]
No-knock machete attacks often end badly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

View Quote

So he really was a crazy guy w/ a machete driven over the edge?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Something was definitely not right in that scenario.  Definitely more to it than meets the eye.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's screwed up if it's true. Funny how the video camera was pointing at the door, and doesn't show anything before that.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

Hmmm... It does kinda seem as if the dude with the paper-mache door was fully expecting the dude with the machete to make an appearance...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

Shocking, I know. You wouldn't have known that based on the video alone.

It certainly is strange to have a video camera pointed at one's front door from a few feet away. But it could be because the attacker had previously come to the door and started some shit, and the dude inside wanted video evidence of it before he went to the police. This happened almost a year ago. I'd be interested to hear of any developments.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#21]
It's not odd at all the home owners had time to use their phone or camera to video record hearing what was going on and they armed themselves too. That's the best evidence of self defense you could wish for. The perp even admitted on audio he was going to try to kill them.

There's a lot to learn from in this video.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's not odd at all the home owners had time to use their phone or camera to video record hearing what was going on and they armed themselves too. That's the best evidence of self defense you could wish for. The perp even admitted on audio he was going to try to kill them.

There's a lot to learn from in this video.
View Quote

Like I'm not really paranoid for carrying a pistol at home, some of my friends think so
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

no sh#t - he went through that door like it was made of balsa wood... also sounds like the shooter knew him - "stay down dwayne"

ETA 'twain" ?

does sound more to it...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like a good shoot to me. Too bad the asshole with the machete survived. I am happy to know that nobody else was physically harmed at the hands of this nut job.

You can do a LOT of damage with a machete in a VERY short time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

Typical lib BS up top.
We all have bad neighbors or maybe we are the bad neighbors.
Doesn't mean we can chop up or shoot up our problems.
Seams like this guy was squib waiting for the right/wrong time to go off.  

Bust in my house my home like that and you will get the same.
I will not ask how you are doing and if your on your meds, or if I did anything to upset or offend you that may have brought you to this decision.
Nope, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

"DON'T FUCKING MOVE!" BOOM BOOM BOOM!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Drove the man to "distraction"? Yeah, right.

Wouldn't be the first time a bat shit crazy tenant threatens all the other tenants.

Cannot really determine type of firearm used but appears to be some sort of 1911.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No-knock machete attacks often end badly.
View Quote

Indeed, I initially thought this thread was about that Washita County sheriff returning for some payback.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#28]
what a  cry baby
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#29]
And the libs will still say a gun in the house wont be used to protect yourself....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Guy got lucky. You don't "shoot, then wait and see". That could have turned out badly if he didn't luck into a stopping hit in the first three shots.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Guy had time to set up camera. Should have got the 12 ga out.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Textbook self defense shooting.  In this case the video camera will absolutely exculpate the homeowner.  

In before some ambitious prosecutor suggests the camera and the homeowner arming himself indicates premeditation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#34]
nvm
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Was his door made of graham crackers?! WTF
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Was his door made of graham crackers?! WTF
View Quote

Cheap hollow doors are not uncommon in low-rent apartments.  There may be more robust doors at the entrances to the whole building.  (Given that it's in Idaho I assume there is something more substantial to keep the weather outside.)

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#37]
9mm, trigger discipline, center mass, set up camera..... screen name?

eta- I swear, EVERY post I make I have to edit at least 3 times for spelling, grammar, etc.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why would they have a camera running?
View Quote

I'm guessing because they had previous encounters with the guy and had an idea of what he was capable of
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

View Quote

Yeah that's shitty but it still doesn't mean you can kick down someone's door with a machete in your hand.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

0 Votes

Report User

It is but he could have screwed with them in covert ways as well. he jumped the shark

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#42]
So last year...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#43]
How does a machete wield a maniac?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Where is that bad ass motherfucker now? All I hear is a crying bitch.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It is but he could have screwed with them in covert ways as well. he jumped the shark

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

If true I'm wondering what would make the neibors try to get him to move?????

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Surprised at the amount of time between first and follow up shots.

Glad him and his family were not harmed. Right after the shots I cant tell if it was a baby crying in the backround, or the perp.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Something was definitely not right in that scenario.  Definitely more to it than meets the eye.
View Quote

Not really, it's in Pocatello.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It certainly is strange to have a video camera pointed at one's front door from a few feet away. But it could be because the attacker had previously come to the door and started some shit, and the dude inside wanted video evidence of it before he went to the police. This happened almost a year ago. I'd be interested to hear of any developments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

Folks use smartphones for all sorts of useful stuff.  I use mine for fender benders, confirming brands for shopping when the wife is sick, all sorts of stuff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Needs more shots when perp is still at the door jam

You kick in my door when I am holding a handgun waiting for you ... all the cleanup is on the 'Welcome' mat.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 Votes
Report User

Even if true it still doesn't give him the justification to break down their door wielding a machete.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top