User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2015 7:45:27 PM EDT
For all you players.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It's some fucked up shit but how many laws do we need on the books???
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, completely messed up, but you will have a difficult time proving the person knowingly did it.

Zach
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So you should be able to expose someone to a disease without consequences?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't we have enough laws already?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's already a law in some cases.

HIV for instance ... already been successfully prosecuted as "attempted murder" in cases where the infected partner knew but did not tell the other person about the condition.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Agreed, completely messed up, but you will have a difficult time proving the person knowing did it.

Zach
View Quote

In some circumstances it would be hard, but if you have AIDS and are on antiretrovirals it would be easy to prove.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For HIV it's not just illegal - it's an attempted murder charge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all you players.

Did not know that. Good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
legislating morality will never work. don't misunderstand me though. Someone does that deserves to get raped with a pine cone backwards
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
legislating morality will never work. don't misunderstand me though. Someone does that deserves to get raped with a pine cone backwards
View Quote

Legislating morality works all the time. Murder is immoral, therefor it is illegal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did not know that. Good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all you players.

Did not know that. Good.

Yep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_transmission_of_HIV

ETA: apparently not "attempted murder" in the US, but "criminal transmission of HIV".  Which apparently isn't just based on sex but also donating infected body parts, including blood.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
& yet people still do it
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I think most states already have  "criminal transmission of an STD" laws on the books
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
How would you sleep with someone unknowingly?  Sleep sex?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Along the line of the anti-vaccine Luddites.  No societal responsibility.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
& yet people still do it
View Quote

People still murder and steal, better take those laws off of the books! They are obviously useless!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How would you sleep with someone unknowingly?  Sleep sex?
View Quote

English is fucking hard yo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes.  Knowingly and intentionally transmitting a disease to someone else should be a crime.

Good luck proving intent though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Legislating morality works all the time. Murder is immoral, therefor it is illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about MRSA?  Influenza?  Herpes Type I?  

If you don't want to get infected by other humans, go live in a cabin in the woods.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah........  This thread and the "vaccination nazis" one should get together and spread some lovin' around.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#20]
your right, more laws & government are surly the answer. My thoughts are find said person who does the infecting and treat them accordingly. I just can not look at anything this legal system does and say yes we need more of that. some may disagree, it is your right to do so
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For all you players.
View Quote

Don't date whores!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you don't want to get infected by other humans, go live in a cabin in the woods.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intent.  That's what you are looking for.

If I'm thinking "That C-4 dude is a real dick and I hate him.  I have MRSA, the flu and the herp and a plan"

Then I call you up and say "HEY C-4!  Wanna come drink beers and wrestle like the gladiators used to?"

3 days later you are in the hospital.

My intent was to put you in the hospital.

You think thats ok?  Or is it all on you because wrestling like the gladiators used to was a dumb thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

This is always my first thought as well, but not telling someone you have an STD is fucked up. Even something that you can get rid of with antibiotics. Some STDs will fuck up the rest of your life. This is one place where I wouldn't mind a new law.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Can we rename this thread "So who sleeps with people, even though they have an STD" to properly show what we'll learn here?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing it probably IS illegal most places, or could be prosecuted under an existing law (like assault).

State by State Laws on Transmitting an STD
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#26]
imo yes as it can do harm to the other person.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#27]
What did you catch OP?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's some facts for ya. 1 in 6 people in the US have Genital Herpes and up to 75% of population or more has the virus in one form or other. So how many people have you slept with that told you they had herpes? If you've slept with 5 people or more did any of them tell you? Because odds are at least one of them was infected...   Or.... Another question for you. How many of you posting have Herpes and have had sex with someone without telling them you had it. Genital or not. You can still infect someone... So anyone feeling honest out there? (and yes I know this is just one STD. But its the most common one out there so any takers?)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here's some facts for ya. 1 in 6 people in the US have Genital Herpes and up to 75% of population or more has the virus in one form or other. So how many people have you slept with that told you they had herpes? If you've slept with 5 people or more did any of them tell you? Because odds are at least one of them was infected...   Or.... Another question for you. How many of you posting have Herpes and have had sex with someone without telling them you had it. Genital or not. You can still infect someone... So anyone feeling honest out there? (and yes I know this is just one STD. But its the most common one out there so any takers?)
View Quote

SexyVixen?

really?

You couldn't come up with a name that, ya know, blended in a little better?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I think it should be a crime, no new law needed, it is a form of assault.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, join date and 1st post.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Tatoo the biohazard symbol on them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#33]
It can be a civil battery.  While the sex was consensual, there was no consent to contract a STD.  Methinks there have been suits along this line.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, misdemeanor assault.

I don't play, but always expected honesty  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

SexyVixen?

really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SexyVixen?

really?

Definitely a guy.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#36]
It's already illegal... depending on the std it could be anything from assault to attempted murder...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If I'm thinking "That C-4 dude is a real dick and I hate him.  I have MRSA, the flu and the herp and a plan"

Then I call you up and say "HEY C-4!  Wanna come drink beers and wrestle like the gladiators used to?"

You think thats ok?  Or is it all on you because wrestling like the gladiators used to was a dumb thing to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consensual contact should not be criminalized.  If someone stabs you in the face with a syringe full of their AIDS blood, then they should be charged.  That isn't consensual.  Engaging in consensual sex or other physical contact with other humans comes with the knowledge that you may be infected with a disease that will harm or kill you.  It should not matter whether the other person knew they had a disease or not.  The presumption is there that you and you alone are responsible for your own safety.  

In medicine, we practice universal precautions.  We presume that all bodily fluids and tissues may contain infectious agents and treat them accordingly.  The rest of society should do the same.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Reckless endangerment at a minimum?

If you have the HIV and you're a guy, then assault with a deadly weapon?

I would totally throw the book at some shit stain who knowingly exposed someone to an infectious disease. Especially if it is a deadly infectious disease.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Consensual contact should not be criminalized.  If someone stabs you in the face with a syringe full of their AIDS blood, then they should be charged.  That isn't consensual.  Engaging in consensual sex or other physical contact with other humans comes with the knowledge that you may be infected with a disease that will harm or kill you.  It should not matter whether the other person knew they had a disease or not.  The presumption is there that you and you alone are responsible for your own safety.  

In medicine, we practice universal precautions.  We presume that all bodily fluids and tissues may contain infectious agents and treat them accordingly.  The rest of society should do the same.

View Quote

If you drink the beer I gave you, you freely consented to drinking it.

You also drank the MDMA I put in it before I gave it to you.

You are responsible for not drinking open drinks, and every drink should be presumed to be spiked.

See?  It's about intent to do harm.  There is accidental, there is probable, there is chance and risk, and then there is criminal intent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this why I hate Libertarians.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Or maybe I just want you to think I'm a guy by using an obvious Basement Joe username so you won't take anything I say seriously... or maybe I am a sexy vixen...hmmm....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm libertarian and voted for it to be illegal, so WTF? What rights violations do you advocate?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course you do.  You don't believe in personal responsibility or you would have paid off your mortgage like a responsible libertarian.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You and me both.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Or maybe I just want you to think I'm a guy by using an obvious Basement Joe username so you won't take anything I say seriously... or maybe I am a sexy vixen...hmmm....
View Quote

No, this is you.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Agreed, completely messed up, but you will have a difficult time proving the person knowingly did it.

Zach
View Quote

Not really.  If you subpoena'd their health records you could find a positive test, or previous treatment prescriptions proving they knew.  Granted if they never sought treatment, never got tested, or did so at some anonymous clinic it would be hard to establish, but for many people you could prove it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Of course you do.  You don't believe in personal responsibility or you would have paid off your mortgage like a responsible libertarian.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh look at this!

You want to bring up something that you know absolutely nothing about?

The bank got every fucking nickle they were owed. EVERY FUCKING NICKLE!

You want to slander me, know what the FUCK you're talking about!

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I think that if smene has an STD they should be forced to get that information tattooed onto them.
I would like to know if any chick I plan on fucking has something.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can remember the cases of AIDS infected types sleeping around without condoms. Maybe that is the reason.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You are responsible for not drinking open drinks, and every drink should be presumed to be spiked.

See?  It's about intent to do harm.  There is accidental, there is probable, there is chance and risk, and then there is criminal intent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's illegal to possess MDMA.  It's illegal to adulterate food with a poison.  Charge the person with those crimes and let them do serious time instead of the revolving door of the current legal system.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top