Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh look at this!

You want to bring up something that you know absolutely nothing about?

The bank got every fucking nickle they were owed. EVERY FUCKING NICKLE!

You want to slander me, know what the FUCK you're talking about!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course you do.  You don't believe in personal responsibility or you would have paid off your mortgage like a responsible libertarian.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Oh look at this!

Off thread, but fuck banks. There is nothing wrong with walking away from a mortgage. You have no obligation to pay it. The bank knows the risk of default before they give you the loan.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Or maybe I just want you to think I'm a guy by using an obvious Basement Joe username so you won't take anything I say seriously... or maybe I am a sexy vixen...hmmm....
View Quote
With Herpes.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm libertarian and voted for it to be illegal, so WTF? What rights violations do you advocate?
View Quote

And yet there are the LP like you who wonder why no one really takes you and your party seriously.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Off thread, but fuck banks. There is nothing wrong with walking away from a mortgage. You have no obligation to pay it. The bank knows the risk of default before they give you the loan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course you do.  You don't believe in personal responsibility or you would have paid off your mortgage like a responsible libertarian.

Oh look at this!

Oh dear.

I'm afraid this thread might get ugly.

If you promise to pay someone money, you are obligated to pay it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh look at this!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Consensual contact should not be criminalized.  If someone stabs you in the face with a syringe full of their AIDS blood, then they should be charged.  That isn't consensual.  Engaging in consensual sex or other physical contact with other humans comes with the knowledge that you may be infected with a disease that will harm or kill you.  It should not matter whether the other person knew they had a disease or not.  The presumption is there that you and you alone are responsible for your own safety.  

In medicine, we practice universal precautions.  We presume that all bodily fluids and tissues may contain infectious agents and treat them accordingly.  The rest of society should do the same.

And this why I hate Libertarians.

Oh look at this!

That is certainly NOT how you last explained it.  I'm all ears.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is always my first thought as well, but not telling someone you have an STD is fucked up. Even something that you can get rid of with antibiotics. Some STDs will fuck up the rest of your life. This is one place where I wouldn't mind a new law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't we have enough laws already?

This is always my first thought as well, but not telling someone you have an STD is fucked up. Even something that you can get rid of with antibiotics. Some STDs will fuck up the rest of your life. This is one place where I wouldn't mind a new law.

You're right, I didn't think to much about it when I saw it
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh dear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh look at this!

Oh dear.

Nope, you agree to the terms of the mortgage. The mortgage paperwork stipulates what happens if you fail to pay. There is nothing immoral about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope, you agree to the terms of the mortgage. The mortgage paperwork stipulates what happens if you fail to pay. There is nothing immoral about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh look at this!

Oh dear.

Doesn't matter if the paperwork tells you what the penalties are.

If you promise to pay me money and you don't, you're a liar and have no integrity.

I reckon you do not identify with the Oath Keepers?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you promise to pay me money and you don't, you're a liar and have no integrity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you promised to abide by the terms of the contract. If you fail to pay, the bank takes your house. Those are the terms you agreed to.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consensual contact should not be criminalized.  If someone stabs you in the face with a syringe full of their AIDS blood, then they should be charged.  That isn't consensual.  Engaging in consensual sex or other physical contact with other humans comes with the knowledge that you may be infected with a disease that will harm or kill you.  It should not matter whether the other person knew they had a disease or not.  The presumption is there that you and you alone are responsible for your own safety.  

In medicine, we practice universal precautions.  We presume that all bodily fluids and tissues may contain infectious agents and treat them accordingly.  The rest of society should do the same.

And this why I hate Libertarians.

Oh look at this!

No, you're all mouth.

I stopped posting about it completely because some of you were using my requests for advice to pass judgement on me. In fact, I stopped posting here for an entire year because people like yourself and DK-Prof had passed judgement on me without knowing the full story. When I came back, I stopped posting about it completely.

The only explanation you need is what I've told you. The bank got every nickle they were owed. That's the absolute truth. Beyond that, I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation for a goddamn thing.

But don't fucking slander me, based on what you don't fucking know jack fucking shit about.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me tell you about my STD from the silent film era....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Consensual contact should not be criminalized. If someone stabs you in the face with a syringe full of their AIDS blood, then they should be charged. That isn't consensual. Engaging in consensual sex or other physical contact with other humans comes with the knowledge that you may be infected with a disease that will harm or kill you. It should not matter whether the other person knew they had a disease or not. The presumption is there that you and you alone are responsible for your own safety.

In medicine, we practice universal precautions. We presume that all bodily fluids and tissues may contain infectious agents and treat them accordingly. The rest of society should do the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

legislating morality will never work. don't misunderstand me though. Someone does that deserves to get raped with a pine cone backwards

Legislating morality works all the time. Murder is immoral, therefor it is illegal.

What about MRSA? Influenza? Herpes Type I?

If you don't want to get infected by other humans, go live in a cabin in the woods.

Intent. That's what you are looking for.

If I'm thinking "That C-4 dude is a real dick and I hate him. I have MRSA, the flu and the herp and a plan"

Then I call you up and say "HEY C-4! Wanna come drink beers and wrestle like the gladiators used to?"

3 days later you are in the hospital.

My intent was to put you in the hospital.

You think thats ok? Or is it all on you because wrestling like the gladiators used to was a dumb thing to do.

Consensual contact should not be criminalized. If someone stabs you in the face with a syringe full of their AIDS blood, then they should be charged. That isn't consensual. Engaging in consensual sex or other physical contact with other humans comes with the knowledge that you may be infected with a disease that will harm or kill you. It should not matter whether the other person knew they had a disease or not. The presumption is there that you and you alone are responsible for your own safety.

In medicine, we practice universal precautions. We presume that all bodily fluids and tissues may contain infectious agents and treat them accordingly. The rest of society should do the same.

Well then by extrapolation, we should all presume that everybody else has the flu, a cold, pertussis, the measles, and norovirus....and for those over 16, an STD...

What about parents who knowingly send their kids to school with fevers (usually because it's difficult to 'take time off work')....so then those kids cough on the other kids, wipe their snot on the door handles, etc...then the other kids get sick.  Then the parents of THOSE secondarily-infected kids, have to take time off work and their kids suffer.  

If I slap some kid bully at the playground for being a jerk (which I wouldn't do), then I could be subject to a civil lawsuit and possible criminal punishment, not to mention being ostracized from the community and being on the nightly news...even though he only suffered a moment of stinging pain, which was deserved...

But, if I send my kid to school with the latest mutation of the flu, because it's more convenient for me,  - or if I myself go to the office with the flu...and get numerous others sick...well, then that's no problem.  And in this case, the innocent others will suffer for many days, if not weeks...and feel much worse than if they got a slap on the cheek...

You call me an asshole, I punch you in the face, a moment of pain - I get charged with a crime.

Me and my sick children go to work & school, and get 10 other people sick - who will all suffer and be miserable for days if not weeks... - well that's totally fine.

So please tell me, how it that logical?  How is that reasonable?  Does that make sense?  Am I in outer space here - for even questioning this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

legislating morality will never work. don't misunderstand me though. Someone does that deserves to get raped with a pine cone backwards
View Quote
I think intentionally giving someone an incurable, life altering disease is beyond a morality issue. I don't see as being any different than if you walked up to someone on the street and stuck them with a needle filled with small pox. Obviously that would be illegal, so shouldn't the same apply to a disease like herpes?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And yet there are the LP like you who wonder why no one really takes you and your party seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm libertarian and voted for it to be illegal, so WTF? What rights violations do you advocate?

The "l" is lowercase, chief.  Knowingly having the STD and not telling your partner is fraud.  Giving it to them on top of that is knowingly harming them. I'm not sure how thinking otherwise is part of the libertarian view.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, you promised to abide by the terms of the contract. If you fail to pay, the bank takes your house. Those are the terms you agreed to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying the bank knew there was a risk going in?  Like a man knows the risk of going into some strange pussy or ass?  I can certainly see your point but you've now made a perfect argument against criminalizing STD transmission.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well then by extrapolation, we should all presume that everybody else has the flu, a cold, pertussis, the measles, and norovirus....and for those over 16, an STD...

What about parents who knowingly send their kids to school with fevers (usually because it's difficult to 'take time off work')....so then those kids cough on the other kids, wipe their snot on the door handles, etc...then the other kids get sick.  Then the parents of THOSE secondarily-infected kids, have to take time off work and their kids suffer.  

If I slap some kid bully at the playground for being a jerk (which I wouldn't do), then I could be subject to a civil lawsuit and possible criminal punishment, not to mention being ostracized from the community and being on the nightly news...even though he only suffered a moment of stinging pain, which was deserved...

But, if I send my kid to school with the latest mutation of the flu, because it's more convenient for me,  - or if I myself go to the office with the flu...and get numerous others sick...well, then that's no problem.  And in this case, the innocent others will suffer for many days, if not weeks...and feel much worse than if they got a slap on the cheek...

You call me an asshole, I punch you in the face, a moment of pain - I get charged with a crime.

Me and my sick children go to work & school, and get 10 other people sick - who will all suffer and be miserable for days if not weeks... - well that's totally fine.

So please tell me, how it that logical?  How is that reasonable?  Does that make sense?  Am I in outer space here - for even questioning this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't want to get infected by other humans, go live in a cabin in the woods.

If I'm thinking "That C-4 dude is a real dick and I hate him. I have MRSA, the flu and the herp and a plan"

Then I call you up and say "HEY C-4! Wanna come drink beers and wrestle like the gladiators used to?"

You think thats ok? Or is it all on you because wrestling like the gladiators used to was a dumb thing to do.

You would first need a broad understanding of how viruses and bacteria are transmitted, asymptomatic infection, incubation periods, etc and then you would realize how ridiculous it is to attempt to criminalize the transmission of infectious diseases.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL You wish.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I think that sneezing without covering your mouth with your left arm should be a felony...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#19]
If y'all had Jesus, you wouldn't have to worry about the herp
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The "l" is lowercase, chief.  Knowingly having the STD and not telling your partner is fraud.  Giving it to them on top of that is knowingly harming them. I'm not sure how thinking otherwise is part of the libertarian view.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you want to not make a new law,but opening up sex related offenses to fraud charges. Something like those pols who want to make telling someone you are rich/famous/powerful when you are not as a mean of getting laid into a charge of rape by fraud? Or do you just want to accept that attempting to harm or kill someone with a dose of AIDS or HEPC is actually an assault or attempted murder and is deserving of the necessary language for our litigious court system.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't we have enough laws already?
View Quote

so how long have you had the herp?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You would first need a broad understanding of how viruses and bacteria are transmitted, asymptomatic infection, incubation periods, etc and then you would realize how ridiculous it is to attempt to criminalize the transmission of infectious diseases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about parents who knowingly send their kids to school with fevers (usually because it's difficult to 'take time off work')....so then those kids cough on the other kids, wipe their snot on the door handles, etc...then the other kids get sick. Then the parents of THOSE secondarily-infected kids, have to take time off work and their kids suffer.

But, if I send my kid to school with the latest mutation of the flu, because it's more convenient for me, - or if I myself go to the office with the flu...and get numerous others sick...well, then that's no problem. And in this case, the innocent others will suffer for many days, if not weeks...and feel much worse than if they got a slap on the cheek...

So please tell me, how it that logical? How is that reasonable? Does that make sense? Am I in outer space here - for even questioning this?

Right.  Because we can't "catch" who did it...who spread the disease...we can't pinpoint the perpetrator - the root cause.  At least not yet.  Maybe in the future, a link could be made between a virus and an individual's DNA..?

The reasons for enforcing a speed limit or DUI laws, include limiting the potential for causing injury to others and/or "for public safety..."  

Is not sending an a measles-infected child to public school a "potential safety hazard...?"

I'm not arguing for more laws or big-government control...not at all.    But I DO want people to be aware of the risk and potential harm they can cause by exposing others to sickness, in the name of convenience or time off work...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#23]
What C-4 said.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Intentionally exposing someone to a harmful substance without their knowledge is Malum In Se. And that's all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So you're saying the bank knew there was a risk going in?  Like a man knows the risk of going into some strange pussy or ass?  I can certainly see your point but you've now made a perfect argument against criminalizing STD transmission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You risk getting in a car crash on the freeway, but if someone gets road rage and intentionally rams into someone else they're getting charged with some form of assault at least, maybe even attempted murder.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Or maybe I just want you to think I'm a guy by using an obvious Basement Joe username so you won't take anything I say seriously... or maybe I am a sexy vixen...hmmm....
Reply by WVNed:  With Herpes.
View Quote
or I  know how to use google like all other life forms on the planet... Save perhaps you.  Oh! I'm sorry! Was that too many words for you to process at one time? My bad. Maybe I should of responded with "or not"
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top