Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:09 PM EDT
Mike Brown clearly thought that he could overpower Wilson. Maybe with another officer present he'd no be so froggy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
no.  2 racists per car
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Where would he sit?  All of the cars I see have computers and other gear with a little room for the driver.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
you gonna pay for that?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mike Brown clearly thought that he could overpower Wilson. Maybe with another officer present he'd no be so froggy.
View Quote

Rodney King had four officers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you gonna pay for that?
View Quote

If it saves One riot, its worth it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Very few departments could afford it.  About the only department in Iowa that runs two man cars is Des Moines, and then its only a small portion of the total on the street. Some of the other larger departments might but I can't imagine its more than a handful.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where would he sit?  All of the cars I see have computers and other gear with a little room for the driver.
View Quote

Having done a few ride alongs, yes.  It's cozy.  Too tight for an eight hour shift.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah. Less cars on the road.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Like an elephant... one trunk, one asshole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like an elephant... one trunk, one asshole.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah. Less cars on the road.
View Quote

Could help global warming.  That's a win/win.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe with another officer present he'd no be so froggy.
View Quote

I'll tell that to all the guys who fought with me and my partner.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
No. I watched End of Watch, and the Non-white guy is still going to die.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL at the guys that think there won't be a fight with two officers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Pete Malloy would have beat the crap out of them with his nightstick.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Couldn't we cut out welfare checks to illegal aliens.  Be lots of money then.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#22]
would solve the problem of that little rat fucker going to IAD.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surely having two officers is better than one when it comes to Mike browns?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's better but it doesn't stop people from wanting to start fights.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
would solve the problem of that little rat fucker going to IAD.
View Quote

No it won't. You'll just have two officers getting looked at instead of one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Whats to solve other than FSA not robbing stores and assaulting cops?  I don't really see anything else that needs adjustment in this particular case.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
But but but....in all the movies there is always a partner riding shotgun.  You mean that's not how it works?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whats to solve other than FSA not robbing stores and assaulting cops?  I don't really see anything else that needs adjustment in this particular case.
View Quote

There's safety in numbers. Even if the Brown situation played out exactly how it did, having a second officer would have greatly changed the outcome of that altercation.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Cops on the left could use dogs and fire hoses for crowd control...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, let's do the math just for fun.  Won't get into the money and training aspect because  that REALLY confuses GD.

Say I run a shift with 5 officers.   I can put 5 cars on the street.  Now, it  was just mandated to be 10 officers  in 5 cars.   Before, one guy calls off sick then I lose one car and one officer.

With 10 If  I lose one car it's TWO officers.    I guess I could have the one guy  help me clear the video  load GD  wants officers to  produce,  the video load you just DOUBLED.  I cannot put him out on patrol alone
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Admitting this ball got rolling with a gas station robbery would help solve it.

Acknowledging the racism that prompts black people to establish their storefronts as "black owned" so they are spared the fire is a good start.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Then there would be twice as many dead, totally innocent, urban yooths!  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There's safety in numbers. Even if the Brown situation played out exactly how it did, having a second officer would have greatly changed the outcome of that altercation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but then your response times effectively double as you 1/2 the amount of cars with the same amount of staff or triple your staff costs to maintain the same amount of patrols. End result of that would most likely be more deaths.... is a huge problem because it happens a lot or because a certain group of ppl got butthurt before getting any facts then couldn't save face and admit they were wrong when they found out the guy robbed a store and assaulted the cop inside his car?

Seems like it played out fine to me and I'm certainly not going to fund 3 times the cost to placate a bunch of crybabies that boohoo when they cant accept the inevitable result of being a punk as bitch violent criminal.  Pretty simple don't want to get shot don't rob ppl and assault the police.  Seriously, I'll dog pile any cop that needs it and abuses power/etc but when a violent criminal gets aerated due to 100% his own actions, fuck that piece of dog shit with a rusty sword.  

I will say that, I'm fine with tossing a camera on them since anyone with that amount of power over other ppl should be monitored closely and this would help both sides when there are no other witnesses.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Right about the same time when this

Became this
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

True but then your response times effectively double as you 1/2 the amount of cars with the same amount of staff or triple your staff costs to maintain the same amount of patrols. End result of that would most likely be more deaths.... is a huge problem because it happens a lot or because a certain group of ppl got butthurt before getting any facts then couldn't save face and admit they were wrong when they found out the guy robbed a store and assaulted the cop inside his car?

Seems like it played out fine to me and I'm certainly not going to fund 3 times the cost to placate a bunch of crybabies that boohoo when they cant accept the inevitable result of being a punk as bitch violent criminal.  Pretty simple don't want to get shot don't rob ppl and assault the police.  Seriously, I'll dog pile any cop that needs it and abuses power/etc but when a violent criminal gets aerated due to 100% his own actions, fuck that piece of dog shit with a rusty sword.  

I will say that, I'm fine with tossing a camera on them since anyone with that amount of power over other ppl should be monitored closely and this would help both sides when there are no other witnesses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking more along the lines of making sure that an officer is less likely to be beaten to death, nevermind that Wilson survived.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I think they ride 4 deep in L.A. or they used to in the downtown area.  Also walk two deep walking a beat.  They probably need to ride 10 deep in a military transport to cause peace
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I know some departments will double up on grave shift.

Personally I enjoyed having a partner when I was on patrol.

Its a good feeling knowing your backup is there with you not 20 minutes out.

I know a department that only has like 16 deputies if that but they have I think 8 canine teams because backup could be an hour or more away.

The justification the Sheriff gave for having so many K9 teams was it was cheaper then hiring more deputies that the county could not afford.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rate of injury by assault for officers in a two man car is 1/4 that of a one man car.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The rate of injury by assault for officers in a two man car is 1/4 that of a one man car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source??
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except when they are just taking reports or doing other calls that only take one officer today you're just wasting the time of the second guy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Would probably keep those damn mischievous kids with wrenches from taking the back doors off.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Won't SOLVE anything... will it reduce the chances of an encounter... sure... but you will always have those few who just won't play nice... and those few are the ones who become POSTER CHILDREN.  

There's no way already strained budgets can support 2-man units everywhere.  So what you will get is more officers to a car but less cars on the road... meaning an increase in response times with less effective preventative patrol activities.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Two man cars are the way to go.
Unfortunately one man cars put double the visibility f or half the manpower.
The illusion of police protection.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#47]

The only time we gear up is for high risk warrants.
But thanks for trying to stir up bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Source??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source??

Didn't write it down.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/BuckeyeBlitz/media/Bimbo_zps4019606d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q745/BuckeyeBlitz/Bimbo_zps4019606d.jpg</a>  
View Quote

What's the story on that?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/BuckeyeBlitz/media/Bimbo_zps4019606d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q745/BuckeyeBlitz/Bimbo_zps4019606d.jpg</a>  

Scene from some movie.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top