Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Fake 'em out.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<a href="http://s517.photobucket.com/user/kcimb/media/CA04322A-F11F-4353-BDD8-656B1B627A4D_zpsafu48zcr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/kcimb/CA04322A-F11F-4353-BDD8-656B1B627A4D_zpsafu48zcr.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s517.photobucket.com/user/kcimb/media/CA04322A-F11F-4353-BDD8-656B1B627A4D_zpsafu48zcr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/kcimb/CA04322A-F11F-4353-BDD8-656B1B627A4D_zpsafu48zcr.jpg</a>

One of them appears to have better trigger discipline than the other.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I thought the LEOs need the gear because of the criminals becoming better armed. I guess it is really Joe Sixpack. Good to know.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Scene from some movie.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/BuckeyeBlitz/media/Bimbo_zps4019606d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q745/BuckeyeBlitz/Bimbo_zps4019606d.jpg</a>  

What's the story on that?
Scene from some movie.  

The Hollywood Knights.

Absolutely one of the best movies of all time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Adam 12 kicked everyones butt.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]

You don't think those two cops on the left in the 1950's or 1960's wouldn't club you within an inch of your life?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
In my city, roughly half of the cars do have two officers. It helps a little, but it all depends on who your partner is. Also, retarded shitheads still act like retarded shitheads, no matter how many officers are present.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
FIRST DOUBLE EVER!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Big fan of gun control?  
View All Quotes

Hardly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There's safety in numbers. Even if the Brown situation played out exactly how it did, having a second officer would have greatly changed the outcome of that altercation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats to solve other than FSA not robbing stores and assaulting cops?  I don't really see anything else that needs adjustment in this particular case.

There's safety in numbers. Even if the Brown situation played out exactly how it did, having a second officer would have greatly changed the outcome of that altercation.

Not really.  Had they still shot him the narrative would have been why did both of those police officers shoot that sweet young boy.  Had they not shot him very likely one if not both of the officers would have ended up severely injured.  With that many witnesses that were that biased there is a good chance that others would have jumped in to help their buddy Brown.  Wouldn't be the first time that has happened on a scene.  There are some agencies that have places that you don't go to without 4 or more cars as backup.  Montgomery, AL has a few projects that are that way or at least was a few years ago.

And having a second officer rarely reduces the chance of a fight.  Unless I'm badly mistaken the stats on that actually show right the opposite.   Unknown if it is due to having another set of eyes seeing things worth investigating or if having backup right there makes it easier to be proactive.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Just where are departments going to find all those officers?  Around these parts they advertise for officers and still can't fill the ranks with one officer in the car.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just where are departments going to find all those officers?  Around these parts they advertise for officers and still can't fill the ranks with one officer in the car.
View Quote

Must be paying shit wages.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lack of quality applicants and really where is the incentive to pursue this career.  The desire to save the world doesn't last long before you figure out you are lucky to make a difference in even one person's life because most don't want to be saved.  Kids are an exception but hard to change their parents regardless.

Now days you have agencies wanting to pay less and give less of an incentive package (decreased retirement, increased insurance costs, etc.)  Then as you have likely seen even here we have the folks that get mad when officers get up in arms whenever police get mad when their agencies want to change the contract to reduce benefits even though they had already promised it.  Not going to lie, I worry my retirement won't be there by the time I get ready to use it.  Guess I'll find out in 15-20 more years.  And none of that is to try to get sympathy because I did pick my career.  However if I were starting over I don't know that I would have pursued this career.  Better pay in the private sector with less bullshit.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pay increases could change the number of applicants; but the real problem is you need folks who are physically fit, no drug usage, mentally alert, within an age window, mature personality, and have a clean record.  It really thins the applicant pool.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lack of quality applicants and really where is the incentive to pursue this career.  The desire to save the world doesn't last long before you figure out you are lucky to make a difference in even one person's life because most don't want to be saved.  Kids are an exception but hard to change their parents regardless.

Now days you have agencies wanting to pay less and give less of an incentive package (decreased retirement, increased insurance costs, etc.)  Then as you have likely seen even here we have the folks that get mad when officers get up in arms whenever police get mad when their agencies want to change the contract to reduce benefits even though they had already promised it.  Not going to lie, I worry my retirement won't be there by the time I get ready to use it.  Guess I'll find out in 15-20 more years.  And none of that is to try to get sympathy because I did pick my career.  However if I were starting over I don't know that I would have pursued this career.  Better pay in the private sector with less bullshit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Salary caps are the death of professional development.  They ensure perpetual turnover as nobody in their right mind would do more and more work for the same (less due to inflation) money.  

Salary caps where I am from are generally from 60-80K per year.  That is crap money for someone who worked 20-30 years at a job.  I made that my first year out of college.  You will never get the level of professionalism that people want as long as you have salary caps like that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I hate to agree with Al Sharpton, but I think body cams are a great idea.  It Wilson had a cam, none of this would have happened, and if people know they are being recorded, they are more civil.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's better but it doesn't stop people from wanting to start fights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe with another officer present he'd no be so froggy.

I'll tell that to all the guys who fought with me and my partner.

Surely having two officers is better than one when it comes to Mike browns?

It's better but it doesn't stop people from wanting to start fights.

people like to fight and act a fool when it comes to cops...then when they get thumped/sprayed/shot for it, they suddenly become this angelic creature who could dindu nuffin wrong...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I make more working armed private security then I made as a cop.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I hate to agree with Al Sharpton, but I think body cams are a great idea.  It Wilson had a cam, none of this would have happened, and if people know they are being recorded, they are more civil.
View Quote

Cameras are for documentation after the events have occurred.  Helps prove your case however other than on a routine traffic stop it rarely changes anything at the time of.  It would amaze you how much of an ass a person will be and they still say they hope you have it all recorded because they will have your job with that recording.  Michael Brown is the only thing that would have prevented any of this from happening.  And just like many of the "protestors" have said, they don't care about the facts.  Video would have been no different.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet GD says cops are paid too high.

Quoted:
Treat public employees fairly but within strict limits.

No pay increases. What you start with is as much as it will be on your last day.
No overtime. Ever.
No retirement.
Fixed amount for medical coverage. No increases ever.
10 year maximum employment period. No rehire.

Take it or leave it. No surprises, no changes, no expectations.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Treat public employees fairly but within strict limits.

No pay increases. What you start with is as much as it will be on your last day.
No overtime. Ever.
No retirement.
Fixed amount for medical coverage. No increases ever.
10 year maximum employment period. No rehire.

Take it or leave it. No surprises, no changes, no expectations.

Well, there goes 70% of the military combat experience.

What a moran
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top