Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#1]
My Gen4 ejects spent shells like a motherfucker!!! Ejects them fuckers up 6 feet in the air at the 2 O'clock position

374 rounds shot saturday, not a single problem
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Late production gen 3 and gen 4 have the problems
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stick with Gen 3

That wont even help, some have reported problems with gen 3 9mm pistols as well.

Really?  New production?  I never heard of these problems until the gen 4 came out.

Makes sense.  My newest gen 3 is from around 2010.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stick with Gen 3

That wont even help, some have reported problems with gen 3 9mm pistols as well.

Really?  New production?  I never heard of these problems until the gen 4 came out.

Pretty sure the new Gen 3 Glocks have the same ejector as the Gen 4.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I like shooting WW Nato ball in mine.
Never a problem yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I seriously have to wonder if it is just you OP. I've seen this happen to people with Glocks and M&Ps. It has never happened to me, with the same exact guns. So either I'm a wizard, or they and yourself are doing it wrong.
View Quote

I've shot other Glocks without issue. I've never had any issues of any kind with a M&P. The same goes for Beretta 92s. I've only had one stoppage ever with a CZ. I could make a decent list of all of the semiautos I've fired without issue, but I think you get the idea. The only other gun I've had ejection issues with besides my two Glocks is a 1970s production Colt MkIV Series 70, and it hasn't seen any maintenance for probably 20+ years. I'm sure it could use fresh springs and an extractor.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL. No.

This is a documented issue, and the 30274 ejector is supposed to be the fix.

Also, I'm not new to guns. Today, I also shot a Ruger 22/45, a Beretta 92FS police trade-in, a S&W M&P Pro .40, and a Remington R51. I had no issues with any of them, nor do I have any issues with any of my other semiauto pistols.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you limp wristing it? I've seen that happen when people limp wrist glocks.
NJ
I haven't had the problem u describe but all my gen 4s are .40.

I've heard and seen that the 9mm gen 4s don't eject the shells as far

LOL. No.

Also, I'm not new to guns. Today, I also shot a Ruger 22/45, a Beretta 92FS police trade-in, a S&W M&P Pro .40, and a Remington R51. I had no issues with any of them, nor do I have any issues with any of my other semiauto pistols.

My G19 and G17 both did it.  (both purchased summer of 2013) It's not the shooter,  it's the gun.   (Glock fan boy heads exploding)

An Apex extractor and a new ejector fixed both.   That said,  I shouldn't have to spend 60 bucks to get a new gun to run properly.

My brand new G20 ejects casings perfectly.   I wonder if they fixed the issue or its more of a 9mm or 40 cal issue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Lol at fan boys still saying it is everything but the pistol at fault.

My 2012 Gen 3 G19 has the same issue. I've never had older Glocks fling brass at my face but this one does. A new extractor didn't help. I put a Gen 4 ejector in it but haven't tried it yet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
LOL. No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL. No.

I believe apex has a parts fix.

I filed the edge of my extractor where it touches the casing and that fixed it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. No.

I don't really want to put more money into it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#10]
You and retgarr should get together, brass from my G19 will swoop around dividers at the range and hit him in the face.  Some people just can't Glock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Gen4 G17 last year. No stoppages at all. no brass to face.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I actually just shot a brand new 17 and it had none of the issues you are describing, I've also seen alot of gen 4 glocks at the range, haven't seen any issues but it makes me want to limp wrist and see if I can replicate the malfunction
View Quote

I can hold any of my Glocks with just the thumb and trigger finger and they go bang every time.......*shrug.

I CAN'T get mine to malfunction if I try.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
. I guess I had assumed that Glock would have identified and fixed the problem in the last couple years.
View Quote

Once you understand that Glock views defects the same way communism views poverty, the whole thing makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Gen 4 19 here...shot 200 rounds through her this past Sat.  with 0 issues...

100 of white box 115 grn Win.
and 100 of Atlanta ammo blue box.

I guess as with any massed produced product you will get what I call the Friday 3:30 {shift change} reject that the "guy" let slip through  
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#15]
My friend's gen 3 G19 flings brass to the face every 5 rounds or so. My gen 4 G19 does not. At all.

Don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

They do now, but the new ejector hasn't fixed ejection in all the guns that had problems.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can hold any of my Glocks with just the thumb and trigger finger and they go bang every time.......*shrug.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually just shot a brand new 17 and it had none of the issues you are describing, I've also seen alot of gen 4 glocks at the range, haven't seen any issues but it makes me want to limp wrist and see if I can replicate the malfunction

Put your thumb against the back of the slide and pull the trigger. That does it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#18]
It does not matter whether the pistol is polymer or metal, if it won't function when firing it one-handed it is not good for anything except plinking.  There are plenty of circumstances in the real world where you may have to shoot one-handed including weak or off-handed.

The 'limp-wristing' explanation is just an excuse to cover a design deficiency or perhaps crap ammo like Winchester Wimpy White Box.  Though that stuff works in my SIG

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It does not matter whether the pistol is polymer or metal, if it won't function when firing it one-handed it is not good for anything except plinking.  There are plenty of circumstances in the real world where you may have to shoot one-handed including weak or off-handed.

The 'limp-wristing' explanation is just an excuse to cover a design deficiency or perhaps crap ammo like Winchester Wimpy White Box.  Though that stuff works in my SIG

View Quote

The limp wristing BS showed about the time everyone with a file and a hammer decided to be a custom 1911 builder. It was the easiest way to excuse poor workmanship. With proper ammo if a pistol won't run with a weak hand grip, off angle etc. then something is wrong with the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My G19 and G17 both did it.  (both purchased summer of 2013) It's not the shooter,  it's the gun.   (Glock fan boy heads exploding)

An Apex extractor and a new ejector fixed both.   That said,  I shouldn't have to spend 60 bucks to get a new gun to run properly.

My brand new G20 ejects casings perfectly.   I wonder if they fixed the issue or its more of a 9mm or 40 cal issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NJ

LOL. No.

It's a 9mm thing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They do now, but the new ejector hasn't fixed ejection in all the guns that had problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All guns have been shipping with the 30274 part for a while now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a Gen4 G17 & a G19, I have about 2000 rounds between the two. I have not had a single issue with either of them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#23]
My early Gen 4 Glock 19 spit brass to face pretty hard. Replaced the Ejector and it worked like a champ. Here is my how to on the ejector swap.

http://www.randomgunstuff.com/1/post/2014/01/glock-19-gen4-fixing-the-ejection-issue.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Today, without any notice, I received a package from Glock. They replaced the entire firearm. My USA-made blue label Gen4 G17 has been replaced with an Austrian-made red label Gen4 G17 born this month.

This is technically my third Glock, so I hope "the third time's a charm" and all that.

I guess the cool part is that I've got two sets of mags and two sets of backstraps now.

I just hope this one runs. I'd like to just shoot this one and have fun with it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm starting to wonder why they replaced the whole thing. Could the problem have been the slide?
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#26]

as an exclusive glock shooter, i wouldn't be able to buy a new one...

doesn't seem to me like they have the issues worked out even yet.

Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I had a 30SF I bought new last yr that would send 2-4 to the face out of every magazine. It didn't matter what ammo or the shooter. I had my buddies try it with same results. I stopped by the repair facility outside Atlanta on the way to visit relatives. Explained the problem and guy told me to grab some lunch and come back in an hour.  I came back thinking it would have been a simple fix and ready to go. Guy explained to  me  he replaced damn near every part and could  not figure out the problem. They gave me a brand new one and installed night sights since mine had them.  Also left with 2 free spare mags, hat, and some other misc stuff. New one is 100% better.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm starting to wonder why they replaced the whole thing. Could the problem have been the slide?
View Quote

Some tech shot it and he is getting really fucking tired of getting brass in the face.

Every day, same shit.  Brass to the face.  All his friends ask why he has those strange semi-circular bruises all over his forehead.  Yea, yea he should see a doctor.

He put his foot down this week.  That's it!  That Bassgasm guy is getting a new fucking gun!  Do you hear me customer service?? DO YOU???
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Its not a fix, but +P ammo will definitely help with the ejection issues from what I've heard/seen.  Glock went to MIM extractors and the problems started surfacing...then they redesigned the ejector to offset the issues the new extractors were causing.  None of mine have these issues, but I made sure mine had the latest ejector before buying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quality Crapsmanship.
View Quote

They are actually built very well, and use very high quality parts

Hurrrr it's not steel how do they charge $500 for a $32 of parts.  I want $500 worth of parts for $500 gun
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#31]
No problem like this with my Berettas or Makarov variants.  They do sling ejections in different patterns depending on brand of ammo though.

Does change of stance, Isosceles, Weaver, Offhand, etc. make a difference where the brass hits you?
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Limp wrist, bad ammo, overly high humidity, improper correction for Coriolis Motion, not profeshunal enuff, gun not filthy enough, improper shooting stance, rain in the forecast...............................
View Quote

Sounds like a 1911 owner complaints really
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#33]
All my Glocks eject brass into my head at least once per range trip and sometimes they eject them into girls tits and leave a nice burn lol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've always speculated that the cutout for the extractor was machined too far forward in the slide, allowing too much "play" between the rim of the case and extractor.  That would result in the spent case hitting the ejector at a slightly different point each time, resulting in erratic ejection.  That would explain why Glock started producing 30274 ejectors with a slight curve that starts the ejection process earlier than the old ejectors.

The Apex extractor and 30274 ejector cured my 2011 G19
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#35]
ITT- you'll be told you're limp wristing, using the wrong ammo, shooting during the wrong time of day, not experienced enough to own the finest fighting pistol ever made, using a modified weaver which causes issues, etc, etc, et al. Simply because there is no way a Glock has an issue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Some tech shot it and he is getting really fucking tired of getting brass in the face.

Every day, same shit.  Brass to the face.  All his friends ask why he has those strange semi-circular bruises all over his forehead.  Yea, yea he should see a doctor.

He put his foot down this week.  That's it!  That Bassgasm guy is getting a new fucking gun!  Do you hear me customer service?? DO YOU???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would probably wear more than basic eye pro if I had that job.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#37]
They shipped the new glock straight to you? I thought they couldn't do that anymore. Some think its the MIM parts causing it but who knows. Its a handful of people that have problems vs how ever many are out there running just fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A couple years ago, I bought a Gen 3 G19. Long story short, it had ejection issues including "BTF" and a few FTEs. I sent it back to Smyrna, then promptly traded it in.

I had been considering adding a Glock to my collection, mostly just to have one. I decided I should buy one sooner than later because my eligibility for the blue label program is about to end, so last weekend, I bought a Gen 4 G17. I guess I had assumed that Glock would have identified and fixed the problem in the last couple years. Unless I have phenomenally bad luck, I was wrong. I didn't have any complete FTEs, but there's definitely something wrong with the gun. Some casings barely cleared the gun and fell just to the right or just behind. A few landed on my forearm. Some went to the left somehow. Two went down my jacket.

I'm both baffled and upset. I've had some fun with Glocks that belong to others, and those guns had no issues. I guess I'll be sending yet another one back to Smyrna.
View Quote

Trainer Yeager says it is the way you hold it
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Glock 21

</thread>
View Quote

I had a Glock 21 gen 2 with light primer strikes.  Glockmeister stripped and sonically cleaned it, replaced the firing pin and bushings, and added a heavier spring.  Same issue.  I had to change to Remington primers.  My brother's Glock 21 would fire the same rounds without issue.  

My Gen 3 Glock 21 fires my Winchester primers all day long.  

Sometimes shit happens.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The limp wristing BS showed about the time everyone with a file and a hammer decided to be a custom 1911 builder. It was the easiest way to excuse poor workmanship. With proper ammo if a pistol won't run with a weak hand grip, off angle etc. then something is wrong with the pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like the Glock 31s that wouldn't run with a weapon light mounted.  Glock brainwashing of the armorers must include night listening tapes to always tell the shooter he is at fault, not the gun.  Some of them need a fucking brick to the face.

Don't get me wrong, I have 6 glocks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#41]
My G19 has BTF issues but runs good otherwise. I changed the new LCI extractor with the old style non-LCI extractor. Have yet to try it as I have had hand surgery. Will update later.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Copy and paste of a post I made on another forum with regards to the same issue...

I was having the same issue with my Gen 3 17, very erratic ejection with at least one case every mag, often more, bouncing off the top of my head or hitting me in the forehead. Occasionally even having cases going to the left...

I swapped in a 30274 ejector today and it made a world of difference, with the cases now being thrown about 4-5 feet at about my 5-5:30 position without a single case hitting me. I then installed a LWD .40 extractor, and that improved things a little more, now the cases going to the 4-4:30 position and very consistent in location. Again, no further cases to the head.

All this was with the same ammo, my reloads using 115 grn FMJ with 6.2 grns of Power Pistol...

ETA: I had been a little frustrated with the brass to the face issue when shooting, and found this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/12...r_source_.html

I was also experiencing the same strange nick on the case mouth as shown in the photo, and finally decided to do something about it...

Link to thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526564
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a Gen4 G19 that dribbles rounds out and has odd ejection patterns at times. The gun has not malfunctioned any and is accurate. I bought a new M&P 9mm and guess what, odd ejections and sometimes dribbled out brass. Most commonly the brass was landing on my forearm with the M&P.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Was able to replicate the BTF issue with a gen 2 17 by using wwb and a fresh recoil spring. I think some of the ejection issues were due to weak ammo and stiff springs, all of my gen 4 9mm run fine with wwb. I know others have seen this with hotter ammo as well so I'm not 100% sure what the deal is.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have a Gen4 G19 that dribbles rounds out and has odd ejection patterns at times. The gun has not malfunctioned any and is accurate. I bought a new M&P 9mm and guess what, odd ejections and sometimes dribbled out brass. Most commonly the brass was landing on my forearm with the M&P.
View Quote

Erratic ejection is an indicator that the brass is not properly clearing the slide. The fact that you haven't had a stoppage is probably more luck than anything else. I wouldn't trust either of those guns for defensive use.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I had a Glock 21 gen 2 with light primer strikes.  Glockmeister stripped and sonically cleaned it, replaced the firing pin and bushings, and added a heavier spring.  Same issue.  I had to change to Remington primers.  My brother's Glock 21 would fire the same rounds without issue.  

Sometimes shit happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock 21

</thread>

Sometimes shit happens.

So... you would theoretically need to carry it only loaded with primers on the softer side?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I shot the replacement Glock today. It's a significant improvement, but I'm still not confident in it because ejection is still a bit erratic and weak. Most of the brass went between 3:00-5:00, but I did have one casing that landed on my forearm and another that landed on between my arms.

I'm 99 rounds in. (Number 100 was defective.) I think I'm just going to keep shooting it for now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My Gen4 ejects spent shells like a motherfucker!!! Ejects them fuckers up 6 feet in the air at the 2 O'clock position

374 rounds shot saturday, not a single problem
View Quote

My 42 is like that, that thing arcs the up and over the lane divider and forward of the line.  To keep my brass I gotta stand way far back.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top