Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:10:21 AM EDT
Wife is really pushing the issue any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Best thing I've ever done.   FO!  (It's really not that bad.  The shots to numb were the worst part, but they were quick)

Whole thing took a total of about 5 minutes  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Save yourself some cash and do it yourself with a rubber band.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Had it done two decades ago, good thing to do, sex got better.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Go no scalpel.  Walk away with just a small piece of tape to remove the next day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#5]
No scalpel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Pictures of your sexed up wife, please.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Save yourself some cash and do it yourself with a rubber band.
View Quote

like a skin-tag
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
had mine done old school way with scalpel....still not bad way to go
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. ^^^

We have your answers, but this is a quid pro quo forum, sir.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Have your doctor do it.  But if you insist on doing it yourself, use a scalpel.

IBTP!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I say who gives a fuck!!!  Get it done and spread your seedless load into many...

Best damn thing I ever did with my life, hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
had mine done old school way with scalpel....still not bad way to go
View Quote

did they give your balls back?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#13]

I'm going to have to google the differences aren't I?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Best thing I've ever done.   FO!  (It's really not that bad.  The shots to numb were the worst part, but they were quick)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This pretty much but mine took an extra 10 minutes for the doctor to stop laughing.

Getting the wife off the pill is a good thing that is what you are currently using.

Also you will get a few days of sympathy then you will need to have like 10 ejaculations  before you take a confirmation sample in
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Talk to your doctor.

Aloha, Mark

PS...or maybe you need a different sort of doctor?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Do it. Sex is better for sure. Can't comment on scalpel vs no scalpel; had mine during a hernia repair, so I slept through it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That scares me more than anything.  Someone told me it felt like a bee sting on your nuts.   I hate bees.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#19]
No scalpel, less pain, less bleeding, quicker recovery so they say. I am scheduled for no scalpel next week.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also you will need to have like 10 ejaculations  before you take a confirmation sample in
View Quote

For my sample I mixed a bunch of powdered sugar and water together and poured it in a half gallon milk jug and brought it in to the office as a gag.  Hilarity ensued.... for me.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That scares me more than anything.  Someone told me it felt like a bee sting on your nuts.   I hate bees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about right.  But at least it's not actually IN your nuts.  It's more under your sack.  (towards the taint)
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I would think that no-scalpel would mean 100% less X-acto knife near your junk.

amirite?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Go for the one that puts you out. That is the most important
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Rusty K-Bar knife.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#25]
No Scalpel .. the shaving to prepare was worse than the procedure for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course she is, it's your nuts

Eject
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#29]

LOL!  Man! I'd love to see the rest of that.  That car did not make it!!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bee sting, more like kick from an angry mule.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#31]
If she's so worried about it let her go be sterilized...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#32]
They don't use a scalpel. Only scissors.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...I cried like a little bitch it hurt so fucking bad.  The doc told me to calm down or he would have to go through my stomach cause I was in self-preservation mode and they were definitely in the stomach cavity!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Knives and nuts do not mix
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#35]
DUDE believe me and go scalpel version.

Let me explain it this way:

Inside your scrotum are testicles (most likely).  Attached to those testicles are tubes that are remarkably short considering.  Here's the difference:

No Scalpel variety:  a small hole is placed near the shaft and those tubes are pulled up using something that looks like a knitting needle (only smaller).  The doctor pulls that short tube all the way from the bottom of the scrotom up to that hole and works with it on the outside.  Then does the other side the same way.

The scalpel way:  he makes about a 3/4" long cut nearly in the same area and works with the tubes much more nearly in their normal position.  Much less tugging of the tubes.

I had the scalpel way and it was a cake walk.  Buddy had the no scalpel way and hurt a LOT.  Said it was like being punched in the nards.

Keep ice on it for 3 days straight (taking off time to time to avoid frostbite) and get two jock straps to alternate to keep the boys near the body.

It's a cake walk, go for it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm scheduled to get snipped next Friday. Didn't know that there are 2 different procedures....
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Either way just make sure that ham fisted sucker numbs both sides before he starts pulling.   If'n he don't it'll feel like he's jerking your guts out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd strongly recommend no-scalpel route (no pain at all). However, if you must go scalpel, have your tattoo artist do it instead of a doctor- it'll be faster and cheaper.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#39]
How the fuck are they gonna get in there without a scalpel?

ETA: Read the "no scalpel" procedure from above.

I think I like the small incision near where the work needs to be done method more than "Fish out what needs to be clipped through a hole in a different area" way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How the fuck are they gonna get in there without a scalpel?

ETA: Read the "no scalpel" procedure from above.

I think I like the small incision near where the work needs to be done method more than "Fish out what needs to be clipped through a hole in a different area" way.
View Quote

They punch a hole kind of like a hole punch tool.

I figure that either way there will be a puncture.

I liken it to trying to change your oil filter through the wheel well of your car vs opening the hood.  The larger the opening, the easier you are able to get to everything and the less rearranging you have to do

Everyone I know who had the no scalpel variety had a lot more pain.  I just had some tenderness but I take pain a lot more than most.

But all in all, it's the least I could do and really wasn't any worse than having a tooth filled.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#41]
No scalpel / minimally invasive technique is superior to other techniques.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

For my sample I mixed a bunch of powdered sugar and water together and poured it in a half gallon milk jug and brought it in to the office as a gag.  Hilarity ensued.... for me.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also you will need to have like 10 ejaculations  before you take a confirmation sample in

You made me laugh!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Inside your scrotum are testicles (most likely).  Attached to those testicles are tubes that are remarkably short considering.  Here's the difference:

Keep ice on it for 3 days straight (taking off time to time to avoid frostbite) and get two jock straps to alternate to keep the boys near the body.
View Quote

Those tubes, Vas Deferens are actually longer than I thought, I have had the misfortune of seeing a few nuts on the outside, of where they belong. It hurt to look at

The one guy was laying down on the ground, the other standing, when we lowered his pants righty fell down to his knees

I should be paid more to see that shit

DAMN SURE DO THE ICE, PEAS, thing
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Scalpel guy here, and I had it done at the Naval Hospital on Camp Pendleton. It really wasn't that bad, yes the numbing shots hurt like a bastard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I had it done 8-9 years ago. Can't remember if it was scalpel or no-scalpel. Hell, I didn't even know there were options. Just get it done. You won't regret it.

Be sure to take it easy for a week or so after the procedure.

I was an idiot and drug a cooler full of beer in a Radio Flyer wagon up and down a mile of hills to a 4th of July parade right after getting my V. That was a godawful pain. Thankfully, a friend of mine had also recently had a V and he had a few leftover viocdins that he gave me. (my doc said to take Tylenol and a bag of ice.) I learned my lesson that afternoon and took it easy after that. get a good book or two and a couple of bags of frozen peas and chill for a while.

Then you can start fonking like a bunny rabbit without fear of making any more little bunny rabbits.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Whichever way you go, be advised:

There is a nerve that goes from one of your nut tubes directly to the center of one of your eyeballs.

Even under heavy local anesthesia the eyeball end WILL activate at the moment of snippage. You will have to fight the involuntary reflex to shoot off the end of the table like a fucking rocket while clutching at your eye and screaming something about bees and white hot needles.

Remember to buy a couple bags of peas to keep in the freezer and rotate them as needed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#47]
im decent friends with the urologist that did mine. he did his residency at my hospital so we worked together for like 3 years. he recommends the scalpel. he said the no scalpel technique is so popular because of its name but there is a lot more tugging and pulling of the vas and most folks are more sore. he did mine and it wasnt bad at all except i didnt listen and on day 2 got up and was doing stuff at the house. ended up with a hematoma on the left side that hurt like hell. dont do anything for 3 days afterwards...im warning you. the procedure itself was a cakewalk.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, have her get her tubes tied.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#49]
My doc used a pair of scissors.......That's when we confirmed locals don't work on me.

OMFGBBQ!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Best money I ever spent..  needleless and scalpal free.  

Take the valium.  No pulling out ever again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top