Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2013 7:16:56 PM EDT
Remember the "journalist" from this thread:

Ms Magazine:  My month with a gun

Well, she moved to the Daily Beast for the next installment:

"It's the story Ms Magazine wouldn't publish"

Some of her best gems:

Living with a gun has created a plethora of new thought patterns for me. I used to go to sleep thinking mom thoughts—what I’d make for dinner tomorrow or how to help my son on a project or remind myself to pay a bill I forgot about. Now all I think about are the sounds I hear at night. I lie awake thinking: “Is someone breaking in? How fast can I get to the gun? Will they hear me? How much time do I have before they get to my bedroom? What if they go to my son’s room first? Will I shoot them in the face or heart or stomach?” And then I think: “How in the world would I live with myself knowing I took a life?”
View Quote

A few nights ago, my son came home late, forgot his key, and knocked on the door. My first thought was, “Should I go get the gun?” I didn’t know who was on the other side of the door, and I was scared to find out as adrenaline surged through my body. I’m glad I didn’t get the gun because when I opened the door, I would have been a nervous, untrained mom pointing a gun at my son. The wrong split-second decision on my side would have been deadly.
View Quote

I thought the gun would make me feel more powerful, more confident, and less fearful. I was wrong. All I felt was fear. Physically taking the gun out of the safe and putting it in a holster on my hip literally reminded me that I was going out into a big bad scary unsafe world.
View Quote

And, the whole purpose of her article:

Mostly the anger was about me not obtaining any training. But then, the entire point of the experiment was to do the legal minimum and my state doesn’t require it. The guy at the store shouldn’t be allowed to let me buy the gun without mandatory training. The government shouldn’t have let me get a permit to carry a concealed weapon without mandatory training.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Writing is her living and she is out of ideas.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
And we can believe every word she publishes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's funny that the experience has actually made her change the way she thinks about the world; it has cracked her liberal utopia. The rest is just liberal bluster.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So it's better to be blissfully ignorant and carefree, up until the day you die because you are defenseless......
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it wrong that I hope she steps in front of a moving bus?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
There should be a standard and training for writing bad articles.

There should also be a mandated waiting period and background check for every article she posts.

Gotta keep our rights on an even keel...
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I only think that you should be allowed to own anything that is available now, as long as you have taken gun safety. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
For the TL;DR crowd. Buying a gun instantly turns you from a normal person into a crazy paranoid fuck wad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only think that you should be allowed to own anything that is available now, as long as you have taken gun safety. But that's just me.
View Quote

You're about to get loved tenderly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Soon, one night when something goes bump, she's going to realize a firearm is another tool in the house.  Need to water the plants use a hose. Now her tool for those noises is gone
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
It's fairly obvious, after reading that, that she approached it with her pre-conceived mindset.  Like her, I am relieved that she got rid of it.  Everything in the article was based on 'feelings' which made her a dangerous person to be armed.  Emotionally unstable and, paranoid, whether she would ever admit that, or not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]

I wonder how well I would do at any activity where I had no training, and more importantly, no genuine interest at all in the activity.

The bare minimum is enough for most people because they're not just doing it to make a point, they actually give a shit.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, and no.  It is not, and should not, be a requirement; it is a fundamental right.  That said, whether taught by a parent, friend, or through a class, I prefer to be around those who practice safety with their firearms.  I also, do not have a problem with those who figured it out on their own by using a little common sense.

And...there is nothing stopping anyone from taking any classes they desire.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
She's craving your continued attention.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]
"The government shouldn't have let me get a permit to carry a concealed weapon without mandatory training."
Maybe YOU shouldn't have let yourself get a permit without training. Because she's paranoid about guns she thinks everyone should be required to take a training course? I believe my parents and the rest of my family taught me about firearm safety very well. But why take personal responsibility when Big Brother can do it for you?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#16]
what a stupid cunt with her stupid made up cuntery

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I thought the gun would make me feel more powerful, more confident, and less fearful. I was wrong. All I felt was fear. Physically taking the gun out of the safe and putting it in a holster on my hip literally reminded me that I was going out into a big bad scary unsafe world.
View Quote

View Quote

Hey lady, the world is the same "big bad scary unsafe" place whether you have a gun or not. What she's really saying is "Not having a gun allows me to keep my head comfortably in the sand, while I schlick to the idea of more gun laws."
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what a stupid cunt with her stupid made up cuntery

View Quote

This ^^^

ALL of this shit she's published sounds made up. No doubt she bought her pistol. And probably finger fucks it endlessly. All the while recording her feelings.

It really is precious though how the bottom line is, "The GOVERNMENT should protect me from my own stupidity."
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Hrm. No wonder -

http://gunvictimsaction.org/boards-of-directors/heidi-yewman-vancouver-washington/

Heidi became involved in gun violence prevention in 1999 when her former basketball coach and teacher, Dave Sanders was killed in the Columbine High School massacre along with 12 students. Heidi was a graduate of Columbine.

Heidi is a resident of Washington State. In 2009 she wrote the book Beyond the Bullet: Personal Stories of Gun Violence Aftermath which profiles 19 people forever altered by the impact of gun violence. She is an advocate for gun safety and is the Washington state president of the Million Mom March/Brady Campaign. In this role she regularly meets with legislators, parent groups and school administrators to promote safety campaigns like the ASK Campaign, which encourages parents to ask if there’s a gun in houses where their kids play, and SPEAK-UP, which encourages students to call a 1-800 number if they hear of a weapons threat at school.

Heidi also sits on the board of the Trauma Intervention Program (TIP), a group of 160 volunteers who provide “emotional first aid” to people in the Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington area who have just experienced a trauma or the death of a loved one. Her main role is to increase awareness of TIP in order to secure long term funding and new volunteers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
A few nights ago, my son came home late, forgot his key, and knocked on the door. My first thought was, “Should I go get the gun?” I didn’t know who was on the other side of the door, and I was scared to find out as adrenaline surged through my body. I’m glad I didn’t get the gun because when I opened the door, I would have been a nervous, untrained mom pointing a gun at my son. The wrong split-second decision on my side would have been deadly.
View Quote

So why not just glance out the window or look through a peephole?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm thinking guilty. It's the mouth that does it for me. ETA: I'm changing my vote to 'would destroy from the back'

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Remember the "journalist" from this thread:

Ms Magazine:  My month with a gun

Well, she moved to the Daily Beast for the next installment:

"It's the story Ms Magazine wouldn't publish"

Some of her best gems:

Living with a gun has created a plethora of new thought patterns for me. I used to go to sleep thinking mom thoughts—what I’d make for dinner tomorrow or how to help my son on a project or remind myself to pay a bill I forgot about. Now all I think about are the sounds I hear at night. I lie awake thinking: “Is someone breaking in? How fast can I get to the gun? Will they hear me? How much time do I have before they get to my bedroom? What if they go to my son’s room first? Will I shoot them in the face or heart or stomach?” And then I think: “How in the world would I live with myself knowing I took a life?”
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

And, the whole purpose of her article:

Mostly the anger was about me not obtaining any training. But then, the entire point of the experiment was to do the legal minimum and my state doesn’t require it. The guy at the store shouldn’t be allowed to let me buy the gun without mandatory training. The government shouldn’t have let me get a permit to carry a concealed weapon without mandatory training.
View Quote
View Quote

Liberals and their feelings
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

There should be a standard and training for writing bad articles.

There should also be a mandated waiting period and background check for every article she posts.

Gotta keep our rights on an even keel...
View Quote

I was thinking we need to have every newly printed article approved by the Bureau of Authors, Journalists, and Writers.

The BAJW could issue tax stamps for each publication.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hrm. No wonder -

http://gunvictimsaction.org/boards-of-directors/heidi-yewman-vancouver-washington/

Heidi became involved in gun violence prevention in 1999 when her former basketball coach and teacher, Dave Sanders was killed in the Columbine High School massacre along with 12 students. Heidi was a graduate of Columbine.

Heidi is a resident of Washington State. In 2009 she wrote the book Beyond the Bullet: Personal Stories of Gun Violence Aftermath which profiles 19 people forever altered by the impact of gun violence. She is an advocate for gun safety and is the Washington state president of the Million Mom March/Brady Campaign. In this role she regularly meets with legislators, parent groups and school administrators to promote safety campaigns like the ASK Campaign, which encourages parents to ask if there’s a gun in houses where their kids play, and SPEAK-UP, which encourages students to call a 1-800 number if they hear of a weapons threat at school.

Heidi also sits on the board of the Trauma Intervention Program (TIP), a group of 160 volunteers who provide “emotional first aid” to people in the Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington area who have just experienced a trauma or the death of a loved one. Her main role is to increase awareness of TIP in order to secure long term funding and new volunteers.

She mentions some of this in the second article. What's dopy about it is she is obviously freaked out about guns, buys a gun, doesn't get any training, and thinks this somehow is indicative of how all of the "irresponsible" gun owners act. People that are illogically scared of guns don't buy guns.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:t
View Quote

Huh?
Try, I think that you should have some training, education or experience.............
I had to read that multiple times to get your point. Hurts my head.
Let's not forget that there is an element of personal responsibility that comes with adulthood. Highlighted personal responsibility.
Not the gubmints job.

Eta Now where's that damn bus.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

What is this "allowed" shit? Especially combined with "as long as"?
So should people be allowed to go to whatever church they want to...as long as they take a government comparative religion course?
Should people be allowed to say whatever they want...as long as they take a mandatory class in politically correct speech?
Should people be allowed to be secure in their residences and papers...as long as they provide an itemized list to the government first?

Constitutional rights, how do they work again?
ETA: Oh and as far as the dumbass typical liberal with the gun for a month article goes, I'll say what I said when her original article was talked about here: She's a dumbass typical liberal.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm thinking guilty. It's the mouth that does it for me. ETA: I'm changing my vote to 'would destroy from the back'

http://gunvictimsaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Heidi-photo1.jpg

View Quote

Don't fall for the high-angle shot.  It's a trick ugly girls use on the interwebs.  She will not look hot in real life.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Who? Never heard of her, nor care what she has to say.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#29]
All I got out of that was, Im a dumb weak bitch playing retarded to make a fake point so my name gets printed and I make money.  Then I go buy a novelty size hambone dildo and wreck myself with it
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow!   After buying a gun she started having all those thoughts?   She might better off buying a vibrator in a sex shop.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#31]
She is completely oblivious to the idea that she has the freedom to decide whether or not she is fit and qualified to carry a firearm for herself (she clearly is not).

It's unfortunate how many buy into the leftist elite mentality of "we know better than the common man, thus we must force his hand".  
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]

This woman is a case study in why universal suffrage is national suicide.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

It's fairly obvious, after reading that, that she approached it with her pre-conceived mindset.  Like her, I am relieved that she got rid of it.  Everything in the article was based on 'feelings' which made her a dangerous person to be armed.  Emotionally unstable and, paranoid, whether she would ever admit that, or not.
View Quote
Yup.  Rigged experiment gets predetermined results.  Including debunked bullshit studies like "43 times more" bullshit flows from a mouth.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#34]
She sounds like a real idiot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#35]

She probably had the articles written before she even bought the gun.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 2:45:34 AM EDT
[#36]
One word for her series - scripted.

She knew going into this what she was going to write in order to steer her readers into her line of thought from the outset. She is playing a role, as if she bought a gun and is simply now relaying her thoughts and emotions.

Like I said, scripted and disingenuous so far as the premise goes. Course the average American will eat it up like a fat girl with a plate full of cake.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 2:50:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I recently started watching the news on TV, and reading newspaper articles.

I thought I would feel empowered, knowing that I was more 'in touch' with local and world events.

But now I wake up every morning, and realize I'm stepping out into a big scary world.

I want my ignorance back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#38]
She's a weak, lying, bullshitting sack of libtard shit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
She's a weak, lying, bullshitting sack of libtard shit.
View Quote

And those are her good points.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Cool story, bitch. And a lie too. You never had the gun to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Poor little girl.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:40:13 AM EDT
[#42]
No for my situation.  I'm 18, already taken gun safety and everything can't have a handgun yet or anything or the fun stuff  in mn without a permit to purchase or carry :/ and you have to be 21 for both
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:48:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I should write a parody article, except from the point of view of a gun owner that already has multiple guns purchasing a new one.

Her stupidity would be easy to parody.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#46]

What a foolish women

Just writing gibberish red meat for her reader base
Glad she got rid of it

If an inanimate tool makes you all crazy...don't get one

......you can't have my guns liberal zealot
If you don't want one because you're immature....fine
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:27:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

So she went and stole a bunch from the National Coalition to Ban Handguns propaganda of the 70's. Guns are evil. "They will possess your soul and make you do evil things out side of your control".
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So she went and stole a bunch from the National Coalition to Ban Handguns propaganda of the 70's. Guns are evil. "They will possess your soul and make you do evil things out side of your control".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This CZ-82 I recently purchased is instilling the thought in me that I need to go make a sandwich.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:30:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
She's craving your continued attention.
View Quote

And saying everything she does or has done to her is beyond her control or influence. She is the always victim of external forces.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This CZ-82 I recently purchased is instilling the thought in me that I need to go make a sandwich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider your self fortunate. You got a good one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top