Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If you look around a bit you can find a picture of the bodies of the women and children lying togather inside of the cinder block room where they were all suffocated with CS.That one did it for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If Waco happened today I'm quite certain Janet Reno would of been fired and faced criminal charges. It's amazing how much she got away with back in the 90s.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you look around a bit you can find a picture of the bodies of the women and children lying togather inside of the cinder block room where they were all suffocated with CS.That one did it for me.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I was almost 12 at the time, and I remember watching the news footage.  This story peaked my interest, as I was confused as to why military action was taken against people who obviously weren't going anywhere.  Made me realize at that age that the government will take any opportunity to overstep boundaries, and that there was a definative need to ensure that the populace remains armed.  This event also brought to light the events of Ruby Ridge, which I hadn't heard of at the time.  It made me do a lot of research and reading at the local library on related topics.  Coming of age in the 90s really formed my distrust of government, and shaped a lot of my current thought processes.  I wonder how long it will be before the current teen generation sees similar examples, as well as how it will shape their opinion of our current government?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was almost 12 at the time, and I remember watching the news footage.  This story peaked my interest, as I was confused as to why military action was taken against people who obviously weren't going anywhere.  Made me realize at that age that the government will take any opportunity to overstep boundaries, and that there was a definative need to ensure that the populace remains armed.  This event also brought to light the events of Ruby Ridge, which I hadn't heard of at the time.  It made me do a lot of research and reading at the local library on related topics.  Coming of age in the 90s really formed my distrust of government, and shaped a lot of my current thought processes.  I wonder how long it will be before the current teen generation sees similar examples, as well as how it will shape their opinion of our current government?

theyre too obsessed with facebook and iphones...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at a trivia game at a bar, an event for grad students (my department showed up for the free beer) and there was a question including the words "Waco" and "ATF" and I was the ONLY ONE who knew the answer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was at a trivia game at a bar, an event for grad students (my department showed up for the free beer) and there was a question including the words "Waco" and "ATF" and I was the ONLY ONE who knew the answer.

Wow... that is truly disheartening  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Doors?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The Branch Davidians were recorded making preps to light the fire......

Quoted:

If we had scanner feeds on the internet at the time I have to wonder if we would've heard things like "Burn it down" "Burn this mother fucker down".

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
We
Ain't
Comin'
Out

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If we had scanner feeds on the internet at the time I have to wonder if we would've heard things like "Burn it down" "Burn this mother fucker down".

Well, to be honest the .gov released audio they claimed was of Davidians "put the straw over here, pour kerosene there..", etc. Who knows who's voices those were? The feds did worse things at Mt. Carmel than producing a fake audio. If it was fake. May be real. I don't know.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
So why was Delta,DEVGRU, and the SAS there "pulling triggers"?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Never heard of devgru & SAS being there (were they even called DEVGRU at the time? Don't think so) pretty sure there were just some delta types there as advisors or something.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in Houston on business and want to drive up to see the memorial on Monday. Is it easy to find?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm in Houston on business and want to drive up to see the memorial on Monday. Is it easy to find?

Take Highway 6 north, just stop in Robinson and ask anyone. Couple of county roads off the highway but it's not far and not hard to find. Bear in mind that it's almost a 3 hour drive from Houston though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

double tap
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Fucking fruit loops.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If Waco happened today I'm quite certain Janet Reno would of been fired and faced criminal charges. It's amazing how much she got away with back in the 90s.

Yeah, because the current administration is always being held accountable for its actions/inactions nowadays.

Anyone post these yet?

Each flag marks the remains of a woman or child

Hole blown in the top of the "bunker" where the women and children were holed up.

A not so missing front door complete with tank tracks. Also, note the Davidian's ".50cal machine guns" leaned against the cabinet.

Anyone that hasn't seen Waco: Rules of Engagement really should check it out. It's free on youtube along with a few others.

Here's also a good site with lots of good info: LINK

*Be forewarned, there's several graphic photos taken by the FBI inspectors over there that'll stick with you *

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*snip*

*snip*

From what I remember of the audio, it seems like they were prepping molotovs to chuck at the tanks, not preparing to commit mass suicide.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Ignoring all of the other acts of the BATFE and the FBI, Waco was a prime example of how driving the public relations message will sway the overwhelming majority of Americans.

1.  Koresh became a "cult" leader.  Most people don't know that they were an offshoot of the Seventh Day Adventists that had been around for almost 50 years in that place.  He was the current preacher in charge.  Ignore the word "cult" and think about the government raiding the Seventh Day Adventists.  Doesn't sound so scary, does it?

2.  Koresh was running a meth lab.  The BATFE told this story to get military assistance (which would be otherwise illegal).  The only drugs at the place were from a lab that they found on the property years before and reported to the local law enforcement.

3.  They were stockpiling ammo and guns to repel an invasion.  In reality, they had an FFL and maintained inventory to sell at gun shows.  

4.  Koresh was molesting young girls.  Whether moral or not, the local sheriff found that the relationships were with marriage and parental consent, legal in Texas.

America remembers Koresh as a cult leader and child molester.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Holder is her minion and look what this fucker gets away with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In the same vein as Holder is being held accountable for the thousands of weapons from the various Fast & Furious type of operations that went south in violation of the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 as codified in 22 U.S.C. to cause thousands of deaths by cartel related violence in Mexico? Yeah, I see all that happening right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hope Vernon Howell burns in Hell the child molesting piece of shit.

What the government did was all fucked up though. Its what happens when you let politicians 1,000 miles away call all the shots.

He was demonized in the press for this. A disgruntled former church member accused him of this. He was visited by CPS and
they found all the children to be well taken care and well adjusted. Don't believe the press, or haven't you learned this yet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. When you get there, they put up big entryway to the road. Kinda looks like a private driveway, just drive through.

You can drive right up to the new church and they have Waco handouts in a box by the front door. They have a couple of memorials with a big one by the front gate..

One of the church members came out and he said take all the pictures you want..

The one thing that I did notice, they had a great view of everything.. Even if they were not tipped off, the land is basically flat and you can see anything coming at you for miles.  

There is nothing there except the pool.

It is not really worth the trip, but if you do go, stop at Texas Ranger Museum is in Waco. A very nice museum.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ignoring all of the other acts of the BATFE and the FBI, Waco was a prime example of how driving the public relations message will sway the overwhelming majority of Americans.

1.  Koresh became a "cult" leader.  Most people don't know that they were an offshoot of the Seventh Day Adventists that had been around for almost 50 years in that place.  He was the current preacher in charge.  Ignore the word "cult" and think about the government raiding the Seventh Day Adventists.  Doesn't sound so scary, does it?

2.  Koresh was running a meth lab.  The BATFE told this story to get military assistance (which would be otherwise illegal).  The only drugs at the place were from a lab that they found on the property years before and reported to the local law enforcement.

3.  They were stockpiling ammo and guns to repel an invasion.  In reality, they had an FFL and maintained inventory to sell at gun shows.  

4.  Koresh was molesting young girls.  Whether moral or not, the local sheriff found that the relationships were with marriage and parental consent, legal in Texas.

America remembers Koresh as a cult leader and child molester.

Can you show me evidence there was ever any drugs or evidence of drugs ever on the property?
Can you show me evidence there was ever any sort of sexual misconduct of any kind lawful or unlawful?

I don't think you will be able to.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Both sides were in the wrong.  Both sides had villans.  Ain't no heros at Waco. Ain't no martyrs either.

Horrible though about all those children.

Horseshit, no martyrs my ass, those kids should be remembered of the boot, waiting to crush your face, that is the .gov.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the government did was all fucked up though. Its what happens when you let politicians 1,000 miles away call all the shots.

He was demonized in the press for this. A disgruntled former church member accused him of this. He was visited by CPS and
they found all the children to be well taken care and well adjusted. Don't believe the press, or haven't you learned this yet.

Arfcom will believe the press all day long if they're saying what they want to hear, and if not, they'll call them liars all day long.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Waco: Rules of Engagement  ...well worth your time to watch if you have not seen it.

I will never forget and will never forgive watching the ATF, et al crashing into the Davidians home with Armored Vehicles while insisting on the loud speakers "This is not an assault".

Beg pardon, WTF is an assualt if ramming tanks into one's home and flooding the place with CS gas is not?

Shame forever on the .gov for WACO.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Delta is coming to get you.

I better stock up on beer and brats then.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never heard of devgru & SAS being there (were they even called DEVGRU at the time? Don't think so) pretty sure there were just some delta types there as advisors or something.  

Delta was there alright. Delta's involvement has been highly minimized and at first the Clinton/Reno justice department denied the presence of any DOD personnel on site. My personal belief backed up by circumstantial evidence is Delta led an assault into the compound the day it burned down.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Delta was there alright. Delta's involvement has been highly minimized and at first the Clinton/Reno justice department denied the presence of any DOD personnel on site. My personal belief backed up by circumstantial evidence is Delta led an assault into the compound the day it burned down.

Why?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Waco: Rules of Engagement  ...well worth your time to watch if you have not seen it.

I will never forget and will never forgive watching the ATF, et al crashing into the Davidians home with Armored Vehicles while insisting on the loud speakers "This is not an assault".

Beg pardon, WTF is an assualt if ramming tanks into one's home and flooding the place with CS gas is not?

Shame forever on the .gov for WACO.

Waco Rules of Engagement has some misinformation in it. New Revelation and The Big Lie should be watched if you haven't seen them.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

You would have to ask Bill Clinton, Janet Reno, or Wesley Clark why they were there. The combat application group aka Deltas presence at Waco is a fact already in evidence however. The whys I can't answer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#35]
You should trust your Government, as they are the ones who ALLOW you to be free.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

You would have to ask Bill Clinton, Janet Reno, or Wesley Clark why they were there. The combat application group aka Deltas presence at Waco is a fact already in evidence however. The whys I can't answer.

JTF-6.  It loomed much larger back then after the end of the Cold War, and there was a lot of work done by the mil. on the border pulling triggers under joint supervision between DEA and the CoC of those units and individuals chopped out for drug interdiction missions (which I don't have a problem with-at all).  BTW, SF is still on the border from what I understand.  

CAG may have been there, but I have a hard time believing they were doing anything other than observing or advising.  I could be wrong
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

JTF-6.  It loomed much larger back then after the end of the Cold War, and there was a lot of work done by the mil. on the border pulling triggers under joint supervision between DEA and the CoC of those units and individuals chopped out for drug interdiction missions (which I don't have a problem with-at all).  BTW, SF is still on the border from what I understand.  

CAG may have been there, but I have a hard time believing they were doing anything other than observing or advising.  I could be wrong

There is an FBI agent who said they were there "pulling triggers".
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah the Davidians were a "cult" but the FBI.Gov types are a "cult" as well..who the fuck plays the sounds of rabbits being slaughtered 24/7 to a group
of people already in an apocalyptic mindset just to drive them over the fucking edge?..Who uses tanks and flammable gas on a "compound" full of kids
and women? Who the fuck does a "show raid" AFTER its known that their op-sec was compromised and they knew they were coming?
..why the USGOV.cult that's who!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#39]
double post

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#40]
More Government sanctioned murder.
What is sad is that there are the goons paid by the governemet who willingly do the deed and sleep well at night. I have little trust.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#41]
WACO was just last week?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Nice
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

This is correct. I believe Delta members made an assault on the compound. There are many bits and pieces of evidence that support this conclusion. Most of you are probably aware of them. There was a large number of Delta soldiers that left the Army shortly after the Waco siege. Many of these were the same soldiers that participated in the Battle of Mogadishu the previous year. Now they all own training academies on large parcels of land and enjoy generous government training contracts. What convinced me was hearing that one of these former Delta trooper who is well known in the training community state that he paid for his several thousand acre ranch in the 90's with money he earned from a single days work. His words were to the effect, "It was a very long day". I know a 20 year Army retirement isn't generous enough to pay off a several thousand acre property. Contracting pays big bucks but not that big especially in the mid 90's. So how did so many former Delta troopers get suddenly 6 or 7 figure windfalls? Add that to the evidence already out there from FBI agents, FLIR footage(Most of the FLIR experts that testified have since mysteriously died), etc. and it points pretty strongly in that direction.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

This is correct. I believe Delta members made an assault on the compound. There are many bits and pieces of evidence that support this conclusion. Most of you are probably aware of them. There was a large number of Delta soldiers that left the Army shortly after the Waco siege. Many of these were the same soldiers that participated in the Battle of Mogadishu the previous year. Now they all own training academies on large parcels of land and enjoy generous government training contracts. What convinced me was hearing that one of these former Delta trooper who is well known in the training community state that he paid for his several thousand acre ranch in the 90's with money he earned from a single days work. His words were to the effect, "It was a very long day". I know a 20 year Army retirement isn't generous enough to pay off a several thousand acre property. Contracting pays big bucks but not that big especially in the mid 90's. So how did so many former Delta troopers get suddenly 6 or 7 figure windfalls? Add that to the evidence already out there from FBI agents, FLIR footage(Most of the FLIR experts that testified have since mysteriously died), etc. and it points pretty strongly in that direction.

You take tinfoil hats to a new level
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If Waco happened today from 2001-2008 I'm quite certain Janet Reno would of been fired and faced criminal charges. It's amazing how much she got away with back in the 90s.

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, he was a sick twisted child molester and he shot all those Child Protection agents who were coming to save the children from his depravity.

Oh wait, that's not what happened...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I find it interesting that the body count of children at Waco was higher than that of Newtown yet I hear over and over from the press about how horrific Newtown was but no mention at all of Waco.

Would you rather have your children shot or burned to death?

Janet Reno did take full responsibility for that, but nothing really happened to her.

It all depends on who's doing the killing as to whether it's OK or not.  Your government and the press all say Waco was perfectly OK.

-Gator
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The wiki page says there were 2 SAS members there as observers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#49]
You take tinfoil hats to a new level

Yes it does sound a bit tinfoil at first but he did say it. If it was the only piece of evidence I would say you are correct but it stands atop a mountain. If it wasn't a government buyout to ensure silence then where did the money come from? What other "Jobs" could a Delta soldier perform that would pay about a million dollars a day. Even famed British Mercenary Mad Mike Hoare was not offered that kind of money for leading the failed take over of Seychelles, a sovereign nation. Certainly we would have heard about a similar high profile operation in the mid 90's but one never ocurred.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The events of February 28, 1993 forever changed the way I view the world around me. I could never have imagined our government, our guardians of democracy, our protectors of freedom attacking a group of men women and children to execute an arrest warrant on one man. As I remember, the events that led up to the day in April when the building burned to the ground, killing 81 men, women and children.
     The anger and anguish I felt that day can only compare to the feelings I felt on September 11th when the towers fell.And then when the place was bulldozed even before the smoke had cleared, I knew if it could happen there it could happen anywhere.
     This is what I remember. Those guys used to buy sell and trade stuff at gun shows mostly accessories like magazines and gun parts and lots of books. Some guns, but mostly other stuff. UPS was delivering a box with inert hand grenades, the ones with the hole on the bottom. The box fell and broke open and the UPS guy thought they were real. He called the sheriff's department before the ATF got involved. The ATF rented a place across the street and started surveillance and befriended some of the Dividians. Koresh even invited them over to dinner, they didn't go. After a while, they got a warrant for David Koresh.
      As the weeks passed, Koresh frequently went into town and the ATF passed up opportunities to pick him up when he was alone. So they waited until the last day of the warrant which expired February 28th.
     They set up the raid with the news media tagging along so that the world could see what a great job the ATF was doing. What the world saw was the ATF getting their asses handed to them. On the way, one of the reporters stopped the mailman to ask directions, turns out the mailman was a Dividian who alerted the group that the ATF was coming.
       What ensued was well documented and can be seen on youtube. Look up DAY 51 if you have never watched it please take the time to do so. In the warrant, the ATF made claims that there were drugs involved, in order to get an Army Reserve helicopter., because the military could only participate if drugs were involved. Drugs were never involved. Some of the people came out before the end of the siege, and the children spoke of sun beams appearing through the small holes in the ceiling. These were made from a M-60 machine gun being shot into the building indiscriminately. Throughout the siege, they accused the Dividians of everything under the sun from abuse to making illegal weapons. Although none of these claims was ever substantiated.
       Most of the awareness that we have today about the abuse of government and gun bans comes from the mass outrage due to the events in Waco twenty years ago, as well as Ruby Ridge the previous year. Please share what you remember so that we can educate the younger members. Again, watch DAY 51 waco 8 parts at allot or religious crap but the videos don't lie
And this was 20 years ago could be today

Pay attention to the hearings and see who was there Shumer Feinstein Biden the look on their face says it all

Who needs a gun

Please watch this and remind your friends this can happen today to any of us

New one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCblw0_ls7M

Day51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDV9_wzIVQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRtL6_h0Oo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QHhDqD51ak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxGQKg8yGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klFrG-vt16o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyOx2jhRNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VBaWpw9Kk8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e42wyiTgDYk

I had no idea the extent of delta operators in Waco

Here is a video I hadn't seen before re: military involvement in Waco Posse Comitatus Violations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8UbTVIhOc

Im trying to remind those who are old enough to remember

And Teach those young enough who never knew

SHIT... if they get Delta and Devgru against us again.... I thought they would be on our side...

I was not aware of CAG or ST6 invovlement, but I do know that the 5th SFG(A) CIF Company had people there.........

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top