Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:09:39 PM EDT
I couldn't tell you the last time I shot irons.  Hadn't shot my AR in at least three years.  And even then, I was more concerned with emptying the magazine than hitting anything.

Shooting my Encore this evening, decided to take the AR for the hell of it.  A2 sights at 100 yds, everything was in a 4" circle with Remington 55 gr PSP.  Have to say I was impressed with myself.  First two shots touched.  Couldn't believe it when I looked through the spotting scope.

Starting to get AR fever again...not good.  I need a scope on this thing though (Bushmaster 20" hbar).
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River National Match Upper - $600
RR NM Trigger - $80

1" group with irons  

DO IT.

Irons are fun.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have 2 scoped rifles and one AR with a Trijicon. All else iron sights, baby! Accurate at 200!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't see well enough to do very well at any distance over 7 yards.

As far as I can tell, my XM15 is a Nat. Match.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1265458_I_did_NOT_get_a_free_bottle_opener__wtf_.html

Both uppers sub moa. New scope mnt.
Both uppers cheap post bans. One bushy hbar 20", one 16"gov profile.

I usually like irons, but have moved to scopes lately. Will shoot a group with irons next time.

I did shoot that 20" at cinder blocks at 267 yds with irons. Could barely see the two blocks. Did well. Busted em up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
A2 upper, I need an A3 or A4.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
All I shoot is irons on everything but my .308 bolt and a scoped .22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top