User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:47:45 AM EDT
Yes realize Taurus is not Les Baer or even Browning but this is unacceptable

and is a new development in the last coupe months
about every 10th gun looks like it has been beat with a hammer

so instead of just confirming serial number I now have to completely unpack these fuckers wipe off their baby poop looking dried grease

and go over these fucking weapons with a fine tooth comb  
we sell a metric shit ton of Taurus and this increases the time dealing with them like 10x
Have took it in the shorts with return shipping , pissed off customers accusing us of shipping used weapons
here is last weeks

these are brand new weapons from multiple different sources

think Ill keep adding new pics as I get um in

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you part of the used Taurus program?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Those aren't used guns?

I hope you send them back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
DAMN! That last one is full of fuck!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Taurus.  GWYPF.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
thrown down driveway, etc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
If someone sold me one of those as new I would be suuuuuuuper pissed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

...about every 10th gun looks like it has been beat with a hammer...

I think I have a potential explanation for that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Taurus has a bad reputation for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#9]
If you think thats bad,,,you should see some of the Remingtons we get in at work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Did they spell "Magnum" correctly?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Call Taurus. Ask to speak to Bob Morrison who IIRC is still the CEO. Do not settle for some underling.

He's a straight up guy, in my experience and tell him, and SHOW him what the problem is. Heads will roll. You might even get your return shipping reimbursed.

Ignore the shit-talking toads who aren't even in the gun biz. Their input is irrelevant to solving the problem.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I got one with a little ding on the finish last summer... I said "fuck it, it's a Taurus... I'd be pissed if it was a nice gun."
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#13]
So when is the Scratch and Dent 50% off sale?

Not a big fan of Taurus in general, but I would gladly buy one of those at a discount.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Saw it all the time when I worked behind a gun counter.The worst was two of their autos that fell apart due to normal handling.It kills me when the gun rags give these guys such great reviews and they produce sub-quality trash.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#15]
If I were shopping for a Taurus, fully knowing that I was trading quality and panache for a low price, I wouldn't mind the blemishes as long as it worked adequately.

But then, I don't buy Tauruses, so...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Taurus has a bad reputation for a reason.

Yes.  Yes they do.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought a Beretta 92 a few years back brand new, barrel looked like it was issued to a Marine in Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought a Beretta 92 a few years back brand new, barrel looked like it was issued to a Marine in Iraq.

Bite marks on it ?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Most of my guns have finish wear on them,but at least I'm the one who put it there.Those look like hammered shit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Its not just the outsides. Coworker has a Taurus 1911 that had a trigger that was somehow both squishy AND gritty. I offered to do a trigger job for him, and took this pic of his disconnector AFTER having polished it as best I could. I wish I had bothered to take a "before" pic because it was even worse. There was a lovely pitted air gap in the MIM casting crease, right on the engagement surface. Yay! I minimized it but couldn't get rid of it completely without risking the functionality of the pistol.

He is currently choosing between an Ed Brown or Wilson Combat replacement disconnector. LOL
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Un-fuckin-believeable.

Is this their first year in business? Have they paid no attention to process and quality controls?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#23]
There's a motto coined by ex-Taurus owners that comes to mind...

"fuck those fuckin fucks!"  Seems appropriate here as well.

I'll never buy or recommend a Taurus to ANYONE ever again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#24]
There's a reason why "Made in Brazil" isn't used to promote products.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Call Taurus. Ask to speak to Bob Morrison who IIRC is still the CEO. Do not settle for some underling.

He's a straight up guy, in my experience and tell him, and SHOW him what the problem is. Heads will roll. You might even get your return shipping reimbursed.

Ignore the shit-talking toads who aren't even in the gun biz. Their input is irrelevant to solving the problem.

Bob is an awesome straightforward guy.  I used to pull trap for him in South Florida.  The biggest problem Taurus has, IMHO, is that they are in Miami.  Having lived and worked there for almost two decades, I found that the blue-collar work force across the board is filled with workers who simply don't give a shit about doing a job correctly.  I quit a manufacturing/construction business in Florida after eleven years because it was impossible to maintain a workforce that fared about quality work.  If companies fired all the half-assed workers they'd go out of business.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Un-fuckin-believeable.

Is this their first year in business? Have they paid no attention to process and quality controls?

At least they are consistently inconsistent.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Saw it all the time when I worked behind a gun counter.The worst was two of their autos that fell apart due to normal handling.It kills me when the gun rags give these guys such great reviews and they produce sub-quality trash.

Have you ever really seen a gun rag give a bad review to any gun?  NO, then they would lose advertising.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob is an awesome straightforward guy.  I used to pull trap for him in South Florida.  The biggest problem Taurus has, IMHO, is that they are in Miami.  Having lived and worked there for almost two decades, I found that the blue-collar work force across the board is filled with workers who simply don't give a shit about doing a job correctly.  I quit a manufacturing/construction business in Florida after eleven years because it was impossible to maintain a workforce that fared about quality work.  If companies fired all the half-assed workers they'd go out of business.

the distrubtors have been very stand up about it and said Taurus is aware of the problems

but still getting this shit

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a $3,000+ 1911 come in like that, manufacturer told me to pound sand.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever really seen a gun rag give a bad review to any gun?  NO, then they would lose advertising.

If I recall, SWAT had one a while back that pretty much called the Judge useless for anything other than a range novelty.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#32]
This is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

If I were shopping for a Taurus, fully knowing that I was trading quality and panache for a low price, I wouldn't mind the blemishes as long as it worked adequately.

But then, I don't buy Tauruses, so...

Then you would know they also don't work.

I had one-one Taurus. A 517T- Titanium 357 7 shot snubby.

Bought slightly used at local funshop.

At 15 yards it shot 3' high and 2' left. Then it stopped shooting. Cylinder locked up like a frog's ass in a hurricane.

Sent it to Taurus, they fixed it and I sold it.

Fool me once......
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#34]
UPS is in got 2 more

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#35]
we sell a metric shit ton of Taurus and this increases the time dealing with them like 10x

Have took it in the shorts with return shipping , pissed off customers accusing us of shipping used weapons

Is the former worth the later?  The later is hard to quantify but wonder if you've lost more business than it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#36]
FUCK. TAURUS.

i had two of their POS's, never again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I can't fucking believe a couple of those guns are new. I mean, I do believe you, but holy Goodness, they look like shit. Like shit.    
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I have seen some pretty bad Sig's over the years too. Should have taken some pics of the 229 with the rusted barrel, that was awesome.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

so instead of just confirming serial number I now have to completely unpack these fuckers wipe off their baby poop looking dried grease

here is last weeks

http://i44.tinypic.com/iddcmq.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zs40t1.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w7i93t.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/4ryt6p.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dkir0x.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ip6pud.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ngrlg0.jpg

Don't send them back to Taurus.  Send them back to your distributors and insist on replacement and refund of shipping both ways.  Your distributors will swing a much bigger club at Taurus.

FWIW, I recently stopped stocking Taurus' autos because of the multitude of problems.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I had a $3,000+ 1911 come in like that, manufacturer told me to pound sand.

So, why aren't you naming them?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Friends don't let friends buy Taurus.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#42]
What the fuck did you expect from Taurus?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Wasn't there some other dealer on here in the past yeary saying they don't stock Taurus anymore due to customer complaints and returns for this?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

here is last weeks

http://i44.tinypic.com/iddcmq.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zs40t1.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w7i93t.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/4ryt6p.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dkir0x.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ip6pud.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ngrlg0.jpg

Maybe Taurus is going for the tier 87 driveway look from the factory.  

Thank you for doing this free QC job for your customers and Taurus. Although your customers will appreciate it more, the Taurus rep should be grateful as well, if you email him about this issue, and send him pics.  You should email this thread to some of your past non-satisfied customers, with some sort of small discount or offer on a different brand to try and earn their business back.  Good luck with this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Don't send them back to Taurus.  Send them back to your distributors and insist on replacement and refund of shipping both ways.  Your distributors will swing a much bigger club at Taurus.

FWIW, I recently stopped stocking Taurus' autos because of the multitude of problems.

yeah the distributors  have been pretty stand up about it and said they are aware of the problem now too and Taurus supposedly have cleaned house over shipping problems

I am more pissed when a significant mark gets missed and a weapon like this gets shipped to a customer

we are aware of the problem now and have taken steps to ensure that doesn't happen

but have had some majorly pissed customers and a couple massive return shipping fees as the customers took the weapon to the UPS store because the transfer dealer refused to do anything with it  ( not that i really blame the transfer dealer )

Occasionally you would get a Taurus with a small mark ( hey its Taurus its expected ) but lately the volume and the size of the blems have become ridiculous

its only been the revolvers in cardboard boxes BTW  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#47]

The company is fucked in all sort's of ways.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah the distributors  have been pretty stand up about it and said they are aware of the problem now too and Taurus supposedly have cleaned house over shipping problems

I am more pissed when a significant mark gets missed and a weapon like this gets shipped to a customer
we are aware of the problem now and have taken steps to ensure that doesn't happen
but have had some majorly pissed customers and a couple massive return shipping fees as the customers took the weapon to the UPS store because the transfer dealer refused to do anything with it  ( not that i really blame the transfer dealer )

Occasionally you would get a Taurus with a small mark ( hey its Taurus its expected ) but lately the volume and the size of the blems have become ridiculous

its only been the revolvers in cardboard boxes BTW  

Wonder if they have ex Fedex and UPS guys in packaging.  What the hell goes on in the plant when the guns are finished??  Do they let monkeys test the durability and fit and finish of each gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#49]
When I dealt, I sold lots of Taurus' and never had any come in looking like that.  I would take a close look at your distributor and see if they are selling you returns as new guns.
I have owned a lot of Taurus products and still currently own one and have no problems.  I did receive a few guns over the years that were rough looking and should have never made it past QC.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Taurus = Raging Against the Mashin

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top