Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 20+ year old Rossi 971 revolver that looks a lot better than those.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What do you expect for something made in Brazil?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ouch........
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they threw them down the driveway for you! And they didnt charge extra!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]

It was nice them to thank you being a taurus owner.

What the fuck is going on over there?

Looks like they're hiring Century's rejects.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Taurus = Raging Against the Mashin

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#8]

what the hell is that thing?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They should stick to making hot bitches and shemales.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes realize Taurus is not Les Baer or even Browning but this is unacceptable
and is a new development in the last coupe months

about every 10th gun looks like it has been beat with a hammer
so instead of just confirming serial number I now have to completely unpack these fuckers wipe off their baby poop looking dried grease
and go over these fucking weapons with a fine tooth comb  

we sell a metric shit ton of Taurus and this increases the time dealing with them like 10x

Have took it in the shorts with return shipping , pissed off customers accusing us of shipping used weapons

here is last weeks
these are brand new weapons from multiple different sources
think Ill keep adding new pics as I get um in

http://i44.tinypic.com/iddcmq.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zs40t1.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w7i93t.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/4ryt6p.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dkir0x.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ip6pud.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ngrlg0.jpg

If they're that much trouble, I'd quit stocking the damn things.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Call Taurus. Ask to speak to Bob Morrison who IIRC is still the CEO. Do not settle for some underling.

He's a straight up guy, in my experience and tell him, and SHOW him what the problem is. Heads will roll. You might even get your return shipping reimbursed.

Ignore the shit-talking toads who aren't even in the gun biz. Their input is irrelevant to solving the problem.

What you see above isn't a fluke, or one bad employee, it's their standard way of doing business.  Bob knows the kind of crap his company is shipping just as he knows the piss poor materials and workmanship his company uses.  Yet they keep sourcing crap parts, letting their machinists and assemblers get away with crap work, and keep shipping scratched up, nicked up, poorly fitted guns made with low grade materials to capture the low end market.  And all the while try to convince people that the lemons are just flukes.  Bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#13]
My one venture into TAURUS products was the purchase of a Winchester model 62 clone. It was actually a very nicely made gun but had been shipped without an owner's manual. No problem (or so I thought). I called the Miami office the next day and asked for an owner's manual, a simple and reasonable request but instead I got a shrill woman on the other end who accused me of trying to cheat TAURUS out of a free manual and accusing my dealer of pilfering it. I tried to explain that the dealer opened the box in front of me (dealer was a good friend who worked out of his home) and everything was there except the manual. She finally agreed to send me a manual but never did. I called back two more times but never received a manual. The gun functions flawlessly but the experience has kept me from buying another TAURUS product.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Taurus has a bad reputation for a reason.

Taurus sucks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#15]

It's a gun the machinist (and with Taurus I use the word "machinist" in it's loosest sense) didn't finish but somehow got shipped anyway.  The QC department, again using it in the loosest sense, must have been on a smoke break.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Call Taurus. Ask to speak to Bob Morrison who IIRC is still the CEO. Do not settle for some underling.

He's a straight up guy, in my experience and tell him, and SHOW him what the problem is. Heads will roll. You might even get your return shipping reimbursed.

Ignore the shit-talking toads who aren't even in the gun biz. Their input is irrelevant to solving the problem.

What you see above isn't a fluke, or one bad employee, it's their standard way of doing business.  Bob knows the kind of crap his company is shipping just as he knows the piss poor materials and workmanship his company uses.  Yet they keep sourcing crap parts, letting their machinists and assemblers get away with crap work, and keep shipping scratched up, nicked up, poorly fitted guns made with low grade materials to capture the low end market.  And all the while try to convince people that the lemons are just flukes.  Bullshit.  

Nope they chisel all their parts out of shit and butter in Brazil.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Stock more Rugers with a nice little MADE IN USA sign in the case.  Not hard to move from one to the other price point wise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's a gun the machinist (and with Taurus I use the word "machinist" in it's loosest sense) didn't finish but somehow got shipped anyway.  The QC department, again using it in the loosest sense, must have been on a smoke break.    

At some level I knew that, I just didn't want to accept it.  Holy shit.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If I were shopping for a Taurus, fully knowing that I was trading quality and panache for a low price, I wouldn't mind the blemishes as long as it worked adequately.

But then, I don't buy Tauruses, so...

Good luck. In my experience, they look OK, and may work.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had a $3,000+ 1911 come in like that, manufacturer told me to pound sand.

In a cardboard box?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taurus has a bad reputation for a reason.

Yes.  Yes they do.

This sums up all of your woes and ties a pretty little bow around them.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How dare you bring logic into a Taurus bashing thread.

I see a few scratches. Nothing to get worked up over. Do you guys not look over a gun before buying?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes realize Taurus is not Les Baer or even Browning but this is unacceptable

and is a new development in the last coupe months

about every 10th gun looks like it has been beat with a hammer

so instead of just confirming serial number I now have to completely unpack these fuckers wipe off their baby poop looking dried grease

and go over these fucking weapons with a fine tooth comb  

we sell a metric shit ton of Taurus and this increases the time dealing with them like 10x

Have took it in the shorts with return shipping , pissed off customers accusing us of shipping used weapons

here is last weeks

these are brand new weapons from multiple different sources

think Ill keep adding new pics as I get um in

<snip>

You could refuse to handle them and tell paying customers that want them to get fucked and go somewhere else.

But that probably wouldn't be very good for your business now would it?    

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Taurus = Raging Against the Mashin

Just gives me further proof to never by a product from them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It was nice them to thank you being a taurus owner.

What the fuck is going on over there?

Looks like they're hiring Century's rejects FINEST].

FIFY.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Saw it all the time when I worked behind a gun counter.The worst was two of their autos that fell apart due to normal handling.It kills me when the gun rags give these guys such great reviews and they produce sub-quality trash.

Have you ever really seen a gun rag give a bad review to any gun?  NO, then they would lose advertising.

If I recall, SWAT had one a while back that pretty much called the Judge useless for anything other than a range novelty.

Yeah, that was my first thought.They also had a less than positive view of Colts 22lr AR trainer.Literally the only gun magazine I read now.
I used to think gun rags were more objective and not swayed by advertising;now I know better.Anyone remember the Taurus 1911 ads,how they said their gun had over $2,500.00 in work and "custom" features?When those came out, we had a 60% return rate on the blued model(it was one of the guns that literally fell apart) and 100% return on the stainless steel model.How a gunwriter could give these pieces of shit a good review and sleep at night is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a few scratches. Nothing to get worked up over. Do you guys not look over a gun before buying?

Everyone should inspect the outside of a new gun before purchase.  But do you also strip and inspect the inside to make sure the parts are machined and assembled properly?  Do you bring a hardness gauge to make sure quality materials are used and any hardening after the machine work was done properly?  How about gauges to check for proper clearances between working parts or bore size?

No?  Neither does anyone else.

The problem with Taurus products isn't the scratches, it's poor quality materials, poorly machined, poorly assembled, poorly handled and a QC department that either doesn't exist, is wholly and totally incompetent, or simply told to ship everything.

So while a scratch on an otherwise quality pistol isn't a big deal, with a Taurus it's indicative of a problem that goes into every facet of the guns manufacture.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone should inspect the outside of a new gun before purchase.  But do you also strip and inspect the inside to make sure the parts are machined and assembled properly?  Do you bring a hardness gauge to make sure quality materials are used and any hardening after the machine work was done properly?  How about gauges to check for proper clearances between working parts or bore size?    

The problem with Taurus products isn't the scratches, it's poor quality materials, poorly machined, poorly assembled, poorly handled and a QC department that either doesn't exist, is wholly and totally incompetent, or simply told to ship everything.

So while a scratch on an otherwise quality pistol isn't a big deal, with a Taurus it's indicative of a problem that goes into every facet of the guns manufacture.

Stop using the words "manufacture" and "machined".  They chisel stuff out of shit and butter mix.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So scratches on the outside mean its made of bad materials but only for Taurus?  Any other company the scratches on the outside are just cosmetic?
Sounds reasonable
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Those arent that bad compared to some of the ones that I have seen. Used to move a pile of taurus guns every week and the shit that came in was awful. In the Judge frenzy we would get some in that didnt have finish on some parts, blued frames with unfinished cylinders, scratches and dents on every part, broken grips, stripped screws. Just a nightmare.

In over a year of pushing guns any taurus that saw regular use had to be sent back for warranty work. Revolvers froze up constantly, auto's eating parts due to soft pot metal, 1911's falling apart, we saw it all.

There are a lot of crap guns out there but I would almost rather have a hi-point than a taurus. When the hi-point doesnt go bang at least it wont fall apart when you use it as a club.

To anyone considering a taurus, save up another $100 and get a gun of quality. Please. Its for the children.

ETA: not jumping on the bandwagon, I've been a rossi/braztech/taurus/etc. hater for years. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When I dealt, I sold lots of Taurus' and never had any come in looking like that.  I would take a close look at your distributor and see if they are selling you returns as new guns.

I have owned a lot of Taurus products and still currently own one and have no problems.  I did receive a few guns over the years that were rough looking and should have never made it past QC.

We source Taurus from 6 different places

have gotten really beat up stuff from all of them
little mark here and there is acceptable

massive gouges and 1"+ long scratches are another story

I'd love to quit carrying them but they are a large portion of our profits

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did they spell "Magnum" correctly?

Like mine?

GM

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like mine?

http://fuserservices.com/Magnun.JPG

GM

great I haven't even been looking at rollmarks

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Had one taurus, a beretta 92 copy. Shot better and was more reliable than my issued Beretta. YYMV.  Guess I'm lucky
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like mine?

GM

Okay that's just silly

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Had one taurus, a beretta 92 copy. Shot better and was more reliable than my issued Beretta. YYMV.  Guess I'm lucky

I had a PT92 as well for a while (until it was stolen) and my experience was the same, the thing ran great. I recently purchased a 941 22 WMR from them and it's a different story... It would only fire in DA, and light strikes were more common than catridge ignitions when shooting SA... Took some home tinkering with the transfer bar to fix that issue.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
But do you also strip and inspect the inside to make sure the parts are machined and assembled properly?  Do you bring a hardness gauge to make sure quality materials are used and any hardening after the machine work was done properly?  How about gauges to check for proper clearances between working parts or bore size?    [div]

I recall seeing a thread, maybe here, some years ago where someone pulled apart a new Taurus revolver and took good macro photos of the internals, compared to a S&W gun.   The differences were dramatic.  The Taurus parts looked as if they had been milled by dragging a piece of metal across a mostly-flat rock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like mine?

GM

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Picked up 627 a few months ago. It had the dried oil goo on it. A few minutes with some solvent and it was gone. Put about 700 rounds of mixed 38 and 357 through it so far, and it runs like a raped ape. Guess i got one of the good ones.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like mine?

GM

That would be it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They are thrown into the ring with a bull and must survive to be shipped out.

You don't think they call the company Taurus for nothing, do you?

They've been run over by this:

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did catch the part where the OP said he was a dealer, didn't you?  Dealers don't get to inspect the guns before they buy them, usually.  They call their distributors, or use an online account with them, and order a bunch of guns, sight unseen.  Previously, the OP could simply verify the serial numbers before shipping them to his online customers.  Now, he has to stop and be Taurus' QC department once they arrive, before he ends up having to ship them back to his distributor.  Were Taurus doing it's job, he wouldn't have to do it for them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#45]
That dried goo is a preservative because they are shipped on boats to the US . If imt wast for that grease they would all be rusted to shit
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like mine?

GM

If you ever want to sell that I want it for teh lulz

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#47]

i thought that was Kel-tec for a sec
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a PT92 as well for a while (until it was stolen) and my experience was the same, the thing ran great. I recently purchased a 941 22 WMR from them and it's a different story... It would only fire in DA, and light strikes were more common than catridge ignitions when shooting SA... Took some home tinkering with the transfer bar to fix that issue.

When they were first made, Taurus had Baretta's techs over there guiding the machinists so they were ok. After they left, el crapola.

I've had some strange guns come into the shop. Mostly Para is giving me a headache. $1400 competition gun with an 8# trigger and a SASS model that the hammer drops on half cock. Yet para says its supposed to do that?!? As a 1911 owner, I know that ain't right.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I say nice reporting job and I will take it for what its worth

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#50]
that is one of the many reasons they will never get a dime fro mme
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top